Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Dig diggity
Dig diggity dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Double-post, but what the gently caress? Taker gives Triple H a stinger with the Tombstone, so everybody else is now prohibited from doing piledrivers...except Taker. And Kane.

Dredging this back up, but didn't the ban directly precede Taker moving to the last ride and Kane mostly just chokeslamming people?

I could be wrong as I'm dumb as gently caress and have forgotten more important stuff from two decades ago

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

They need to see the shoulder, to slide their hands neath

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Suzuki

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

This isn't a question exactly, but I'll make it one, but I think about this

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I have no doubt that Ambrose could sell for a hologram.

post from 2013 regularly. How did he get a job at WWE?

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 29, 2020

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Cavauro posted:

are you talking about jon moxley? his episode on this https://www.radio.com/media/podcast/aew-unrestricted is a super good and recent explanation of everything career-wise, pre-wwe and how he got into it. basically getting called by gabe one day set him on the path to getting real hot on the indy scene. gabe the fucker idiot.

No the guy who figured Mox could sell for a hologram several months before it happened

I am honored to receive a Cavauro response

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

It's okay, you work hard and play harder

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

PWT have any active discount codes right now?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I want my Danhausen shirt, but my PWT order has been processing since the ninth

Is that normal?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

bartok posted:

Just a shot in the dark, but have you considered that there is a global pandemic currently going on?

That is what I had thought, but I wanted to ask the howling void

Since I think of processing as the payment going through and imagine a subsequent step called "hold up"

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

How many people kicked out after the stunner?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I left it vague because I doubted cleanly--Rock was up at 2 at X7, yeah?--but I honestly can't even remember any dusty kick outs off top

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

At the beach last year a boomer or late stage Gen Xer was staying in the same motel near our room with his wife and every morning would regale me in the shared patio area while I tried to quietly enjoy coffee and cigarettes with tales I didn't care about though occasionally I could divert the conversation to cars except when his wife who worked in airlines wanted to explain how a recent spate of plane crashes were each the fault of the pilots involved rather than the company which installed the software they did not understand how to use to begin with or at other times her success with finding shells at low tide and before we left that the man and child we watched get dragged in from the ocean had died in ICU the night before we left when we could have spent our lives hoping for the best in ignorance and I spent much time saying "ah" or forcing that common laughed "yeah" and its cousin the barely voiced yet emphatic "huh"

Anyway one of his many stories was about seeing a band in some bar essentially an attic in Boone or Asheville, NC, and in this band was none other than Hulk The Bassist Hogan who could barely play as I recall but stood dead center larger than life at the front of the stage with all the presence in the world and again as I recall he said The Hulkster's hair was already then beginning to become as spiderweb thin as Elliot Smith's tender voice in much the same way his charisma was already grown beyond deniability

I do not as it stands necessarily believe the story the man recounted or any of his stories fully given that while I chugged coffee he was already moving into a day drunk but it is data you on the internet may consider in re the conversation at hand

So to my answer I add a question: has video ever surfaced of the basement or attic bar Rock and Roll career of Terry Bollea

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The never ending Gargano/Ciampa feud is what did it for us. And some of the matches started incorporating bullshit that we were glad NXT had been avoiding until that point, like involving Candice LaRae and throwing wedding rings around.

The little run of every title change spanning three Takeover main events was just a prelude to the endless hand looking

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

While we're sort on the subject, I hate the roll of the dice and want Cody to have a new impact finish even tho he hits it better than anyone and even tho it's not quite as ubiquitous a meaningless finisher as the overdrive was it still signifies Creative Has Nothing For You to me for some damned reason

What was the last impact finisher that really stood out to you?

And why does Cody keep doing the Last loving Rites

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe as a tribute to Daniels the man who invented it and had it cruelly stolen away by Reno.

Also it looks really good when Cody does it.

And everyone sells it so damned well. I liked Brodie's crumple a lot

I should probably have contributed. I'm blinded by growing up in the Attitude Era when everyone had one finisher for years and it usually won, so I love the Stunner, the Rock's Bottom, and the Jackhammer, but I think my most recent one is the elevated Death Rider. For ones I hadn't seen at all until recently. Distinct, swift, final

I just can't think of any stand out innovations in the last decade

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Spuckuk posted:

Somewhat tangental to this, what are some finishers that were so successful everyone started doing variations of them in a hurry? I'm thinking of the Shining Wizard in particular, as there was a period where basically everyone in Japan and th eUS indies was working up different versions.

the DDT has to count, going back a few decades

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

This isn't true at all. Goldberg could do some very fun grappling and throws and had some great power matches. Better wrestler than Warrior.

All the rad submissions they had him rolling into early on... Hell, the snap on his moves alone was another level.

Goldberg had the potential to be an all time great. He weren't no Renegade or Elias

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Would Goldberg have put in a fifty minute eight star match with Okada? No. He would have beat him in less than five moves because he was a big old badass

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Igpay atinlay

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Cussing, though it is amoral, impolite, and shameful

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Tbh the NAO push still confounds me even tho I basically understand all the component piece. I was definitely the demographic and the LOD were significantly cooler. I wish I had more essential reasons to leave the house

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

Vince went from revealing himself as the Higher Power to losing a stip to Austin and leaving WWF in the span of just 2 PPVs.

Man, what a lackluster push, but that's WWE for you

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I didn't realize that I saw Deucalion murder Johnny Hungie live and in person until a few hours ago

Thanks, now I have to call the ghostbusters

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Hirez posted:

Steiner bros gotta be up there, I don't think they ever feuded?

Scott Steiner and Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner were the same person

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

HHH is probably a good chunk of the reason I quit watching wrestling around 2001. I was definitely waning, but he was just so damned boring to me

That's empirical evidence btw

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

NameHurtBrain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbwtoEoenPM

Surreal to see him do that, even if it's kinda bad vs. say, even Viscera doing the same move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPFFpXz2LtU&t=65s

I don't remember...

Viscagra

That's my question

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Why did Chris Benoit have an extra patch of contrasting colour tights sewn into his crotch? I've never seen it before or since. Benoit even does it later years when his tights were the same colour (purple on purple, yellow on yellow).

Saddle pants

He was a horseman

Wait what the gently caress is that actually it?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Pro sports commentators absolutely suck and drag down nearly every event. Wrestling may generally have the best commentary on air, if only because they know what they're talking towards, if nothing else, and aren't trying to emerge narrative from the unpredictable whims of reality

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

AEW is simply part of the unbroken dharmic chain. it was inevitable as all things are. no piece exists independently.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Davros1 posted:

All he has to do is heel up against another heel.

unless the other heel is as dastardly as that DANG MJF, that's how you turn them face

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Zombie Lemur posted:

The biggest mindfuck for me was finding out that Bob Mould from Hüsker Dü worked for WCW.

WWE should've hired Paul Westerberg as retaliation

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

reality_groove posted:

My betting site of choice had some 'X will appear live' bets for this year's wrestlemania: The Rock, Ronda Rousey etc. But they included Hulk Hogan at 6/1 who had already been announced as being the host of the show and lives in Florida so that was a pretty safe bet.

that was just a Hollywood Hulk Hogan death pool

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Trying posted:

Why Wrestling?

the unassailably high quality forums and social media presence of the fans

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Nystral posted:

Did Icarus, Ophidean, or UltraMantis Black or any of the other big names ever land with other promotions outside of Chikara? It seems like a good portion of them just opted to retire.

I know Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy are in AEW but AFAIK they left before Chikara shut down.

he wasn't a big name, but a whim earlier today made me find out that Shynron apparently still exists in South America, as Zenshi

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah zenshi was in battle riot

i have so much to catch up on. Shynron blew me away at a random Massachusetts Chikara show and then i just just track of him

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Alaois posted:

Shane Strickland was in the video for the Flatbush Zombies song "New World Order"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpFWPVqHx8

Swerve is the loving coolest

how can we forget whatever video DDP and/or Raven was in?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's a silly thing I just thought of:

Lets say you work for one of the big companies and for whatever reason, you are not on TV for a while.

Surely you still have to keep going to the gym and practising to keep your body in tip top shape. Whilst also keep going to the tanning booths etc. to keep you looking "TV ready".

How demoralizing must that be for a wrestler, to be still spending multiple hours a day pumping iron, and doing ring drills etc. whilst getting sprayed with dyeand god know what else to maintain an unrealistic physical appearance, only for it all to be for noting as you drive another 4 hours in a rental car you paid for yourself to sit in the green room of a stadium to hear your friends getting cheered. yet again.

So um .... not really a question though. Sorry.

getting paid to stay swole and eat a shitload sounds less terrible than getting paid to go to most jobs

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

plus hearing my friends do well? gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

This is how I learned that AEW is now free to sign Chuck Taylor™