Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I think the increased crit failure is why I failed like three 97% Conceptualisation checks, making it so that instead of a talented art cop I was a pretentious wanker who constantly thinks random things are ~art~ but is unable to actually produce anything worth a drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I didn't notice the ceiling fan the first time so I wasn't sold until I tried to sneak out of the hotel without paying but failed my savoir faire check

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Pick thoughts that look like things your character would think. The game's easy enough that you don't need to obsess over the mechanical effects of anything

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Can you use the sword in the tribunal?

Also if the tie doesn't talk right away does that mean I failed a check and it never will?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Although again it's a bit ambiguous because Kim doesn't see it

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

And running for the door of the Whirling in Rags, spinning round to give a double finger to Garte and crashing into Lena

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

I am a little stuck. I ended up in the industrial harbour after jumping for my cloak, and now I can't find a way out.

Go kind of up and right and talk to the boss.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

insider posted:

Just finished my first playthrough. What a game. Kim is my bro for life.

I am confused by some of the reviews saying the game was 60+ hours when I literally did everything in the game in 30ish hours.

The developers were kind of padding the time estimate on the basis that you have to play it about 3 times if you want to see almost everything

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I assume Kim said I was completely sober because I only licked the drink off the counter a little bit

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I never savescummed but if I had it would have been when I failed to get Kim to dance

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Caufman posted:

Doesn't Savoir-Faire at one point say "Finally, MY time to shine!" ? I think it's when you have to teleport to the roof of the Feld building

Even Encyclopedia says that at one point and it's not exactly an under-used skill

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

tomanton posted:

I'm on the "check 3 spots for traces of crime" quest, I got one spot fine (shore) but I have no idea how to trigger the second (boardwalk) despite walking over it a million times. Do I have a relevant stat too low/is this gated/what?

It's somewhere you can't get to just by walking around. You need to progress the plot.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is it possible to get completely stuck if you do all sidequests, max shivers and only then go to listen to the wind, and roll snake eyes?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

Is there any reason to not attempt a Red Check, even if you have a low probability of passing?

Im trying to get Joyce to admit she's a rich bitch.

Failing a check can have consequences. Also, a lot of red checks you don't have to try right away, you can come back later when you have higher skills.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Hmm so it seems like the big stuff I missed was around the Church and the "Doomed Commercial Area". What place is considered the Doomed Commercial Area? Is it just the spot with the bookstore

Take a look behind the curtain in the bookstore.

For the church, be nicer to those aspiring musicians

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 11, 2020

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Other thing is, if you hold tab it'll highlight stuff you can interact with. There's a ton of money and healing items and whatnot lying around.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I've got used to it now but when I looked in the mirror my first thought was "oh my god inland empire was right I shouldn't have seen that"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Indeed. I didn't savescum at all on this playthrough, and I'm glad of it.

This game is all about failure - about accepting it and embracing it.

Yeah, the only time I almost savescummed was after the heated disco moment.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

There being only one way to find Ruby stands out as a pretty glaring exception to this, I think. Why couldn't I search for the entrance that Kim easily found?

The other exception is, if I'm a hobocop why do I need a hotel room?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I made my own.

For a first time you might want to make sure psyche and physique aren't 1 because those affect your mental/physical hitpoints

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Smallest Church in Sussex

I just noticed, apart from Saint Saens instead of Sussex, the only difference in the lyrics is that DE has "pale cliffs" instead of "while cliffs". So instead of just being on the coast, his chuch is literally at the edge of the world.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm glad that background thing doesn't change based on your actions. If it did, it would undermine the theme of Harry being unable to change his past.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

There should be some healing drugs in the guardhouse area on the roof that you can get to without restarting

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Brosnan posted:

I just finished my first playthrough, so I've been diving into spoilers and alternative paths more freely. Was kinda mind-blown learning that you can end up doing the entire final island sequence with Cuno as your partner instead of Kim, which... obviously doesn't go as well. But like who tf would make the kind of choices leading to that?? Kim owns.

If you want Kim to not be shot you have to pass a skill check

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It might be possible if you basically do nothing on the first two days and rush Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

domhal posted:

Finished this a couple of days ago after a six month mourning period: when I woke up after the tribunal, Kim was dead and Cuno was my new partner. I was a very sorry cop, and couldn't continue.

Kim doesn't die, he's just too injured to continue the investigation with you

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Were you a communist?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

In general if, when presented with the choice between "try to be helpful and considerate" or "yell about some crazy nonsense", you normally choose the former, you'll be a sorry cop

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

necrobobsledder posted:

My disappointment with the game is that there are no furry animals or children to live for

Live for Cuno

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I might have missed something but I never got the impression that Harry was like Cuno as a kid.

If Kim's injured in the shootout you can bring Cuno along with you for the rest of the game though.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

necrobobsledder posted:

Wasn't looking for a "kind" creature for fun cute fodder or whatever but something that can be nurtured, neglected, etc. Perhaps a simple plant could have sufficed for the same dimension given how good the writing is.
How about a mailbox?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

EorayMel posted:

How good of an idea/in character is it to take the wasteland of reality/sobriety thought whilst also having the revachol brotherhood fascist thought that rewards you for drinking more booze?

Anything you do is in character. Whether it's a good idea depends on whether you want it to be in character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

macabresca posted:

Is it possible to modify default builds?

The "build" is just the four stat numbers and a signature skill. If you make a custom build it's the work of a moment to set it to one of the presets and then you can adjust it how you want.