Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The kids are alright. gently caress yeah they are. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alkydere posted:

She's encouraging me to take the management at my workplace to task about environmental stuff and general waste. It's a small thing but working with what I can.
Big ups to you.

:):respek::)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

As :3: and feel good as that is, the point she’s making with her activism is that we need to do something now, because if we don’t it doesn’t matter that the “kids are alright.” It’s not enough to post on social media about how awesome she is or how you can sleep better at night knowing the next generation could be better people than us. Those are just words. We need action, and we needed it yesterday, but today is all we have so we need to do something today instead of punting it into the future.

Edit: not saying you’re not doing anything or calling you out specifically, but yeah that’s kind of her whole point. She doesn’t want words or thoughts or prayers. She doesn’t want anyone’s condescending “wow she’s amazing and only 16” praises. She wants action.
No, I totally understand. I can't unfortunately do much, but I do help with what little I can.

It's more that, I dunno, like it feels good (and also pretty funny, too) when someone like Bernie straight up says Trump is a madman in dereliction of his duties or Chrissy Teigen calls Trump the petty bitch or whatever she called him, because he totally is: This fuckbag is sitting in the highest office in the land and can't even pretend to stay out of his comfort bubble for one loving hour. But when Greta basically handles Trump and his base's insults like a loving champ, it's really, really hard not to want to feel hopeful to look at young peeps like her, Emma González, the Hogg and such make you feel like "Yeah, we can totally do this".

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this The Onion
Remember that Jr. is, perhaps unbelievably so, way loving dumber than his dad because his father has the excuse of being a senile, sundowning bundle of insecurities and narcissism on his mid 70's, while Junior is a man in his early 40's that's probably been in arrested development since dear old dad slapped him in front of his schoolmates... what, during his freshman year of college? Someone more knowledgeable than me in Trump-lore help me here.

But yeah, Junior going :qq: "No U!" is hilarious in a very, very sad way.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/884798748152483840

This feels like it doesn't get enough uses.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

scuz posted:

It's so fun to think about someone using the "unsend email" function in two thousand and nineteen.
To be fair, most of these fucknuggets barely know how to use their phone, much less a computer. Hell, doesn't Trump barely know how to properly use Twitter and it's one of the few apps he has on his phone?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arist posted:

Is the loving Press Secretary seriously whining about not having a platform

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zapf Dingbat posted:

poo poo your pants donny
What makes you think he didn't already and his diaper has that big brown load?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1176961213001084928

if it's been posted i'm sorry i'm several pages behind but ahahahahahaha
Right under the loving bus he goes! :cawg:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Need to rescue this from last page because look at that miserable mug.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I was gone for months too but I’m glad no one noticed.
Go back to the Lucy Heartfilia AV. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cr0y posted:

Remember when trump took a sharpie to that weather map?

Good times
Oh god, that was 3 weeks ago. I want to get off Trump's Wild Time-Dilating Ride. :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You leave the boss out of this! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why can't he say "good" or "very good". Why is it always a lovely use of a superlative with this fuckface? It frankly bothers me a little.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cochise posted:

We kind of already know how mind numbingly stupid he is.
Not as stupid as either Jr, Kushner, or Ivanka though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

Oh yeah I'm right there with you--I actually sat down and tried to think, who are my male role models as a man in 2019. It was really loving hard to think of anybody. And it kinda hurt a bit when I realized most of the folks I looked up to in the past are dead... some by their own hand. Kinda hosed up when your role models are folks like Robin Williams, Prince, Anthony Bourdain, etc. I think folks like Obama maybe, but killing hundreds of people with drone strikes is kinda not a cool look my dude.

So yeah, I dunno.. it's loving weird being male in 2019. I can see why Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, etc. get such a cult following. I just hope they can be unmasked for the charlatans they are (or just go back into obscurity).
Didn't JorP get admitted to a Betty Ford clinic or whatever for substance abuse recently?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I've never seen the GOP so scared, the only time that comes close was the few months of chaos after Obama won re-election in 2012 when the crazies won out, but that was just GOP infighting.

This scandal is different. Normally they are very good at getting a narrative out, and using their enormous RWM apparatus to spin the narrative until it turns to their advantage. However everything I've seen in the last 24-48 hours has just been flailing. Outside of Lindsay Graham being the worlds biggest bootlicker and Nunes being Nunes, it's silence. Even a few of the mode "moderate" ones are cracking a little.

I realize it's the Trump era and who the gently caress knows what will happen, but this feels like uncharted territory where, for the first time, the Democrats have the narrative and the media on their side.
Getting that email with the GOP talking points probably helped more than a little.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lote posted:

If Pence is heavily involved, then impeaching Trump and removing him from office means Pence gets removed too. So you get President Pelosi which would make all diehard Republicans’ heads melt.

Trump might have also involved Pence for this reason.
Didn't he straight up threw Pence under the bus today? Or yesterday? I can't really keep up, tbh.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stare:

What the gently caress? Is this the political equivalent of a Mexican Standoff? Trump vs Pence vs Rudy vs Pompeo? Is Mulvaney going to end up as acting president?

Slowpoke! posted:

Real take though: something is probably wrong with Rudy
Understatement of the loving century, buddy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TyrantWD posted:

I feel bad for Greta, because this Trump stuff completely overshadowed her.
I read that twitter thread she did about how 2 years ago she was sitting at home alone, feeling miserable, with an eating disorder and pretty much a friendless background because she's on the spectrum and how she hated that crock and wanted to get off that funk. And to go from feeling super bummed at having to deal with that lot to basically becoming the closest thing to a goddamn cultural hero in one of the premier issues our generation is going to come to grips with? I say she's doing pretty darn well for herself.

Hell, she even turned a horrifying mock Donnie smoothies-for-brain used against her into something genuinely funny.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1178102660823683072

Was Nixon such an enormous narcissist that he truly thought he was the victim or was he just really mad that he got in trouble?

haveblue posted:

He did think he was the victim but he was more of a paranoiac than a narcissist.
:eng101: Which also led to drinking. Shitloads of drinking.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm sure they have him on blood thinners to prevent this. I'd be super interested in finding out what his daily pharmacological cocktail looks like
Adderall, Blood thinners, Beta blockers, Coke (both a diet coke and actual cocaine), probably and additionally the same thing they use for truck-drivers because there's no way he sleeps anywhere near the amount an old, severely overweight gently caress like him requires. Also whatever tanning they're slapping on him is probably a health hazard at this point because holy poo poo, it almost looks like his face is a pancake and the tanning is just butter they slather on his face.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tokyo reject posted:

Hahahah hoping Pompeo is watching this somewhere PISSED Rudy decided to grab his flask and is hitting the networks dragging him into this by name

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1178380618125627392?s=20

https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/992040650857119744

Just on repeat.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Does this mean that "board member of Fox News" is a more powerful position than speaker of the house
Well, we kinda already know that Trump is getting his marching orders from both Putin, that one Fox morning show (Fox & Friends, iirc?) then Hannity, Carlson and... O'Reilly? I recall a radio guy who basically regurgitated Trump talking points and was in Fox, but I dunno if it was Billo or someone else.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Slugworth posted:

Honestly, is there anything more badass than starting a club called the badass club and talking about how badass you are?
Project Badass, of course!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2DaE2JAVYI

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

Most rotted brain, Trump or Giuliani?
Doesn't Giuliani legit have some form of brain damage from falling down some stairs or something like that, according to his ex-wife?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So all of this means that Trump really is so deluded that in his mind he really is innocent of all wrong doing and won the election without any outside assistance at all.
He has to know (or at least be vaguely aware; I mean: swiss chesse and all, so who the gently caress knows) that if he ever goes against Putin in any way, shape or form, many of his post-presidency prospects might look grim or dry up entirely.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cr0y posted:

Remember the drunk Sam Nunberg interview?

This is better.
No way. Wasn't Nunberg actively getting calls/messages while being interviewed to knock it off?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guze posted:

They're arguing like they never released the call summary.
He's trying to rewrite reality again. :tinfoil:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

Still no clue why Trump tweeted it.
Maybe he's transitioning from "Racist Fox News Grandpa" to "Racist Facebook Hobby Groups Grandpa"?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I must say, I did not expect a "Just as planned" from the tweeter in chief.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fool_of_sound posted:

As an idiot king, stop
As a chad...

e:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. most people don't care but the weird evangelical chuds who back him would care. personally, i think he is just an opportunist who is afraid to abandon ship because of sunk cost fallacy.
Would the evangelical chuds really care, though? I mean, they strike me as the type more prone to stan for someone they oppose as long as people they oppose more suffer manyfold.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 2, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Taerkar posted:

I wonder how many times Trump has been told that he can't (have someone else) fire Democratic members of congress.
I know one week in Trump-time-dilation shenanigans is forever ago, but didn't he try to imply that Pelosi was no longer the speaker of the house?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Taerkar posted:

This is probably giving him too much credit but I think that was a clumsy attempt to make a 'AOC and her thugs are now in control' attack.
Yeah, that's a stretch if I've ever read one. :v:

ummel posted:

At least the student government is getting dragged in the comments.

https://twitter.com/accentspeakers/status/1179088417570918401?s=09

Apparently this is a year that the SG dropped funding for arts programs, so that's nice. I believe we ended up canceling the Richard Spencer speech a couple of years ago, so hopefully we can do the same here.

Edit-nm he ended up speaking, but his supporter who poo poo at protestor pled out in February, so have fun in the Florida penitentiary system. https://www.alligator.org/news/rich...1d079ba9df.html
Is there a stream/video of Junior speaking? He probably sounds like a giant idiot, but I've actually never heard him talk.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i'm actually unironically* curious, what webcomics DO you like?

i assume they're as joyless and nihilistic as possible, but I might read that
A Softer World stopped updating 4 years ago, though! :v:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tecnocrat posted:

So, Trumps just gonna come out and say it now? And bring China into it as well? Jesus.

fool_of_sound posted:

Youre loving kidding
This is probably their most desperate flailing.

... which if this past week with its insane, breakneck pace has taught me anything probably means that by the end of the day, these fucknuggets will try something even dumber.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

How is it that every guy that works with Trump sounds or looks like he's from an incredibly stupid version of the Godfather?
Was it Eric or Jr. that was described as "The Fredo in a family that consists of nothing but Fredos"?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

A few people knew, most people, even some of Bush's harshest critics, really did not appreciate the depth of evil he was spreading. And to be honest a lot of people were either so naive or so caught up in their own lives that they genuinely did not want to know and would get extremely upset if you tried to tell them. Circa ~2006 you would be run right out most political conversations for even suggesting Bush was using torture or running secret CIA black sites or spying domestically.
Oh, I remember this! Even in my own dumb teenager/young adult years. It got to the point that even the goddamn euphemism became common knowledge as BS.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

According to that link it looks like it wasn't until about 2006 that the torture started to be reported by mainstream sources:
Wait no, like I know it's dumb to have an argument about poo poo that happened long ago, but I remember the evil torture motherfuckery that the US was doing being already a big loving deal before 2006 because of the 24 show and how Jack Bauer was portrayed as a morally reprehensible gently caress for torturing hostages and that was in the first two seasons, so at around late 2001-2003 this was already discussion on this. Again, while I was nowhere near as involved in US Politics as now, I distinctly remember that and also how people were raising a stink when US troops showed their ghoulish asses in that giant ad Metallica had for their lovely St. Anger album "MTV Icon".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Daniel Dale usually stares into the abyss for us so we dont have to:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1182444926249910272
Even though he's a professional and he dealt with the Canadian coke mayor, I feel like this guy is going to need professional help once this whole thing is over. :ohdear: