Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Mummy Xzibit posted:

gently caress Bari Weiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Well, I mean, let's say you're one of the people trying to spin this and you don't have brainworms. What do you do? I mean, it's becoming patently obvious that the President of the United States threatened to withhold military aid from Ukraine if they didn't investigate a political opponent of his. Trump has admitted to talking about Biden on the call, and it's already known that he told Mick Mulvaney to put a hold on the $400 mil we were about to send them.

At this point, if your brain isn't swiss cheese and you're spinning this for Trump, your denials will sound ridiculously stupid.

you forgot that he also gave them an extra 140 million for some reason after they agreed.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

is she really that dense? Does she really not see the difference?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Roblo posted:

That's hardly a gotcha or some impressive ratio. Slightly more people responded than liked the tweet? Oh wow she's taking a beating.

there is always going to be chuds that will lilke it

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

RZA Encryption posted:

I just want to say: I would absolutely love it if:
  • the impeachment inquiry wears him down enough to either rage quit or not seek re-election
  • Biden loses the nomination anyway

This is exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately I have a feeling that the next choice is going to be warren though and she isnt enough change to really make our lives better. There are a lot of moderate boomers and gen xers out there. hopefully we get the millenials like me out

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

D-Pad posted:

Cool game stuff?

New expansion in MTGa called throne of eldraine. gunna be awesome

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Wanna see him try and assert that Obama was totally impeached, the Benghazi hearings were about impeachment, he was so impeached don't you remember?

I could see this happening. He is def going to try to spin this to him being the victim and biden and obama were the ones that did a "corruption"

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

evilweasel posted:

there is when you imply it’s because of the corruption allegations trump is trying to fake

not saying you have to like him, just that you can’t agree with a trump supporter that “they’re both crooks!” that’s literally trumps goal here

you want to say he sucks for any legit reason go right ahead

this is exactly how I am going to handle it. Im going to make it clear that trumps allegations are bullshit and that the right wingers talking points are completely made up.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

this shows once again that trump doesnt understand how the EU works.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

FizFashizzle posted:

This was just 1 phone call of 8.

thats exactly what i was saying. chances are this is the least incriminating

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

DC Murderverse posted:

yeah as an Iowan who's been following this story from the outset, the racist tweets were a pair of dumb jokes made 7 years ago when the dude was 16 that were based off of Tosh.0 jokes. He made a very good public apology where he basically said "yeah those jokes were gross and the stuff I thought was funny back then makes me sick, since then I've learned why those are wrong and I strive to do better," which sorta bears out with the whole "helped raise over a million dollars for a children's hospital" thing.

i forgive him. people are capable of great change.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

alpha_destroy posted:

I thought it was funny, I thought funny things related to politics might be fun for people :shrug:

i was amused.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

hobbez posted:

The echo chamber in here is incredible. Just a little diversity of opinion. I can be convinced I’m incorrect

sometimes people are wrong. this time it happens to be you.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Flip Yr Wig posted:

This probably doesn't motivate the disaffected voters who the Democrats need to mobilize with economic populism, but it also likely has a marginal impact on medium information suburbanites who aren't in the Fox hole.

There, that's my useless horse race speculation on the current Trump scandal. Either way, it's still good on the merits to impeach him over this (and everything else).

yeah man. thats why im worried that the MSM is pushing biden and pushing warren as the compromise candidate. this wont get people out to vote because everyone is sick of the neo liberalism that has captured both parties. Warren is goiing to pull an obama. She is going to talk a mean game about hope and change (progressive policy) but if she gets into office its going to be moderate republican governance.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Tim Raines IRL posted:

when I worked IT at a car dealership group, a sales manager sent an email to his entire team that included a spreadsheet which showed everyone's base and margins and bonuses. Cue a frantic call from him on how to "recall" an email which had already been delivered to 100 outlook boxes. Good luck. You could (at that time, Outlook ~2008 era) send a "delete" email but the default sorting we used caused people to nearly always open the thing to be "deleted" before opening the "delete" email.

employees should know what everyone else is making.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

abigserve posted:

A very Evangelical guy on my facebook is also a huge trump supporter and essentially echoes the sentiment.

I don't know what attracks the extremely religious to Trump specifically but it's weird and somewhat scary to me

yeah man. My uncfle is a crazy trump supporter and is also a crazy dominionist evangelical. I think its the authoritarian aspects of both that attract them so much.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

sexpig by night posted:

it is funny that this extremely cult rear end flavor of the GOP will likely knife him for even saying that but yea he 100% won't do anything but be 'troubled' like Mitt.

lets just hope we can pin this poo poo on all the GOP

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

There Bias Two posted:

I'm sorry what? He shut out diplomatic communication unless they agreed to discuss manufacturing dirt on his political opponent? God drat that's brazen.

do you think that the "dirt" was going to be completely fabricated lies?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Taerkar posted:

Do you not? Why are you assuming that there is any?

That sort of thinking plays right into Both-Sides and whataboutism.

Im just not sure. I wouldnt put it past trump administration to just use this as a way to create dirt out of whole cloth

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Ham posted:

The biggest problem with Mueller's report I think is that it only really gave Dems the options of:

- move for impeachment on obstruction of justice,
- deny the report's findings re: Trump actively and directly engaging in collusion and try again to pin collusion.

Ultimately, impeachment is reliant on public opinion and I don't think either of the above would have resonated with people as much as what's ongoing with Ukraine and Trump literally, on record, shaking down another head of state using taxpayer funds for BUTHEREMAILS.

if they had hit don jr for the trump tower meeting it might have been difffernt

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

my bony fealty posted:

decades again when it came out that Trump had likely obstructed justice by pressuring Comey I said "holy poo poo Trump might actually be impeached lol." little did I know then that we would have to wait this long for the great mattering to be upon us.

that said...I'll believe it when I see it, Erick son of erick.

I read the mueller report and I was really under the impression that it would sink trump, what with firing comey and saying it was because of the russia thing. Im hoping this doesnt turn into a wet fart like the emoluments, mueller report

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

i am harry posted:

Conservatives across the globe continue to fall for the “power stance” poo poo.

what is the "power stance" poo poo. I must have missed it

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

TyrantWD posted:

You will also have the 200+ elected republican officials across both houses of congress on the record as voting to support someone who committed an egregious offense that is easily understood by the public.

I think most people on the republican side are already too far gone and there is nothing trump could do to make them doubt him, I mean they thin he was ordained by god for christs sake. There are also a great number of independents that are also too far gone. My hope is that we can peel of some of the less conservative independents and that this impeachment gets the progressives that havent voted recently to vote because they havent wanted to vote for right wing democrats. It will be exciting to see how the progressives get amped up.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Hope everyone is girding themselves to slog through endless hours today of republicans being all “why would anyone think what the president did is wrong? Its just normal presidential business!”

Cause thats what they are all gonna say.

I always expect the GOP to do nonstop gaslighting and grandstanding. They literally have a mouthpiece that ensures that republican voters stay completely misinformed in fox news. I guarantee most of these chuds are not going to konw what is going on. Have you ever read the chud comments on a progressive youtube video? Yeah the chuds are going to be that misinformed but with conviction. There will be nothing that any of us can say to them that will shake them in their faith that trump has been wrongfully accused. I mean c'mon. they think that his presidency is going well and he is actually getting a lot of work done when the reality is the only thing he has done is cut his own taxes and live tweet fox and friends.

which republican senator do you want to see most get taken down by this inquiry? Im hoping for Graham. He is just so insufferable. the congressperson i hope gets taken down is duncan hunter.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

hurd is the only republican that wasnt grandstanding for fox news. they really all just want a soundbite to give chuds the cover to disregard reality

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

DandyLion posted:

He's already dead

i could imagine that some bloodthirsty chuds are going to be on the hunt for the whistleblower.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

democrats are going to screw this impeachment up by taking a two week recess.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

theflyingorc posted:

They're working over the recess.

thats a load of my mind.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Do you think Joseph Maguire is going to get hit with an obstruction charge of some sort for how he handled the whistle blower complaint?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

If guyger gets the charges dropped i will have even less faith in our judicial system then I already do and thats going to be very hard.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Ice Phisherman posted:

It's not a bribe. The money had already been raised for Ukraine and was withheld. The word you're looking for is extortion.

it was also a bribe too. he added I think 100 million more to sweeten the deal.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

hey here is where you can email nancy pelosi as speaker of the house. https://www.speaker.gov/contact

the only way for this dense person to know what we want as voters is to email her relentlessly about how we want a broad sweeping investigation that not only takes down trump but also Barr, Kushner, and barron

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Trabisnikof posted:

drat I had forgotten how rich Pelosi has become:

$21-105M in SF real estate
$5-25M in a housing development in Sacramento
$5-25M in Visa
$5-25M in apple stock
$5-25M home/winery
$5-10M invest in a resort hotel in Napa
$1-5M in Piatti Restaurant Company
$1-5M in salesforce
$1-5M in Disney
$1-2M million invested in other smaller companies
($50M - 232M)

Now don't worry, she does have loans too:

$17-80M in loans from Union Bank of California
$2-25M in loans from City National Securities
$1-5M in loans from Wells Fargo
$1-5M in loans from City National Bank
$1-5M in loans from Bank of America

(22M - 120M)

[http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial-pdfs/2018/10026982.pdf]

And that's just assets she is required by law to disclose.

this country has failed us

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Aspergeoisie posted:

Ah, so it's one of those "I think this is wrong and also hate Donald Trump so it's a crime" crimes. Gotcha.

this is where you go wrong. It doesn't matter how any of us feel about trump. obstruction of justice is a crime.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Uncle Wemus posted:

he was on colbert a few weeks ago and i was absolutely disgusted that anybody still gives him the time of day

your right. I think that the elites sent foils into the democratic party to stop them from actually doing things that help labor so that in essence we have two right wing parties. Rahm emanuel is one of those foils. Basically like they came up with the third way and whatnot.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

hcreight posted:

He can't remember the full names of The Squad, can he?

He probably cant even remember what AOC stands for.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Spiffster posted:

Their goal is to scream it increasingly louder until it sticks, same as always.

if you watch the ad that trump campaign put out it seems like their plan is to make it look like the democrats are doing this imppeachment out of spite or is a relitigation of 2016. He says in the ad that the democrats dont think they can win so we are cheating. I couldd imagine that a lot of independents allong with every chud is going to believe this poo poo. what do you think the dems can do to counteract this narrative or replace it with the truth?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178055467987275776

Looks like he's back to doing these stupid videos again

The saddest part in all this is that a bunch of chuds will believe him. Little do they know he has a full pair of pampers while hes making this video.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I cant believe he really thinks he did those things. He always makes it out like he got bequeathed the worst economy but things were actually great when he got it. Too bad chuds are just to misinformed to have any idea what the reality of the situation is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Things weren't great, but they certainly weren't the Mad Max/Thunderdome bullshit he's making them out to be.

things arent great now. most people cant deal with a 400 dollar emergency in "the best economy"