Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
gently caress Bari Weiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Ralepozozaxe posted:

We should also take note that this will be thought #1 on Trump's brain at all times. There will not be a single thing he thinks about more than him currently being impeached, and he will never shut up about it. He will be miserable and it will be great.

While I agree this will consume him, he's already miserable.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1176580725283278848?s=20

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Tatsuta Age posted:

I took a gander into The_Donald and the top response on the latest tweet is that Trump "whistleblew himself" in order to trap dems into pursuing impeachment, big strong brains over there for sure

Don't touch the poop.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

It's like the timeline is starting to revert to the proper one finally

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Slowpoke! posted:

I do wonder if there are multiple calls though and they will release the least damning one.

That tweet says the White House will release the entire complaint, not just a transcript.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

kinda feel like I'm gonna wake up tomorrow morning and this thread will have 12000 new posts.

Inshallah.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Nothing says seriousness like fisheye and old tv filters.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

How is this still up?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PMI is a good leading indicator, right?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

I am at a loss as to any realistic physical mechanism where Congress can - without any support from the DOJ - put anybody in jail, tho. The 'sergeant at arms' is symbolic and should not be taken as anyone with real power.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Capitol Police isn't under Justice and both the Sergeant at Arms and House Committees are involved in it's governance.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

How is there still poo poo happening?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

As a D&D poster,

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

Caffeine this late in the day is not good for your sleeping habits :ohdear:

What do you go to sleep at 8pm?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/mkady/status/1179906098335232000

Wasn't Perry the first one who got roped into this whole thing and has already said he plans to cooperate with Congress?

The first dumbass domino falls.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

The Merkinman posted:

Yeah Washington is corrupt. We need someone to "drain the swamp"...

YOU SEE BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY BAD quoth the dumbass.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

As near as I can tell McCarthy thinks that supporting impeachment is going to be an albatross and wants Dems on record, but that's really dumb and that's why I think he thinks that.

Kevin McCarthy isn't exactly the brains of the Republican party.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Phlag posted:

Predictit has Andrew Yang as the #3 most likely Democratic nominee, ahead of Sanders.

Warren 51%
Biden 23%
Yang 11%
Sanders 9%
Buttigieg 9%
Hillary Clinton 7% (seriously)

Wait is there money to be made here?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Charliegrs posted:

Has anyone mentioned in this thread that one of main witnesses in the Amber Guyger trial was shot dead yesterday? I remember seeing this guy's testimony in the trial. At one point he broke down crying. There's no way in hell the Dallas PD aren't behind this murder, probably taking revenge for this guy helping put away one of their own. gently caress Dallas PD. gently caress the blue lives matter crowd.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/botham-jean-neighbor-killed/index.html

Whether this was retaliation or not (and Occam's razor is fuzzy here but probably on the side of non-coincidence), gently caress blue lives matter and gently caress Amber Guyger.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Meatball posted:

So I guess the entire Republican party is taking foreign money, to the surpise of *checks notes* absolutley nobody.

I mean its so obvious that it's the reason why the biggest ghouls are doubling down on obstructing the inquiry....they're all complicit.

Who could have predicted this? Certainly not everyone with half a brain in this thread since the very beginning of the Russia investigation.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Once upon a time it was understandable to argue that the Russia stuff was a read herring that distracts from the larger problems. At this point, it's part of a larger pattern that's inextricably linked with those larger problems.

I dunno, some of us always thought that colluding with a foreign power to win an election was a pretty big problem in and of itself right from the get go.

I think anybody unwilling to take that issue seriously back then was either a Glenn Greenfuck-style tankie or a willful idiot with their head stuck in the sand.

Edit:
Lollllll
vvvvvvvvv

Zisky fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 10, 2019

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Just lol that even with their freedom on the line and a probably solid understanding that they were being watched these rich assholes were too cheap to spring for less suspicious round-trip tickets.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Helith posted:

Did PG&E cut electricity in this area where the fire is?

Nah, PG&E only operates as far south as Bakersfield.

This is an LADWP-served area in the San Fernando Valley.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

This has to all come to a head some time, right? What the gently caress is even happening right now with everything going on at once?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

We'll this sure does seem important.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

NO U ARE

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Holy gently caress how much worse is he going to make this for himself?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

This much worse.

What a time to be alive.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Uh is this the r word I'm thinking of?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Prester Jane posted:

To everyone who sees themselves in these posts:

I wish there was something I could tell you that would ease the pain or help you find a way forwords, but in truth no such wisdom exists. We are all being forced to grapple with the true depths of depravity that exist within the human soul, and at the end of the day that is ultimately (of necessity) a very lonely and personal journey. How each of us finds a way to keep our chin up and keep embracing hope when we can see just how dark Humanity really is- well there's no magic bullet for that. No verse of scripture or Buddhist koan or insightful folksy anecdote can help you.

You have to find your own reason, your own source of meaning, that's all there is to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW--IGAfeas

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

Good. What the gently caress is so great about this country anyway?

Music.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Objectively insane rhetoric from the president of the U.S.? Huh, must be Monday.

I don't know how we get past the normalization and banality of Trump's evil.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

And even if they did, all US nuclear weapons have a 'disable' feature that damages the firing mechanisms. While Turkey would get the plutonium, the weapons themselves would be useless until rebuilt.

Gotta love 2019 where we get to have a serious discussion about the repurcussions of a NATO ally stealing our nukes.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Woo, our hated president that doesn't even like baseball was booed at the world series and looked upset about it.

He doesn't even care about the game, remember him beating his son up over wearing a jersey to a Yankees game?

Schadenfreude is great to fill pages on a Sunday night I guess, and yeah I enjoyed those clips...

But come this morning Donald Trump is still in the White House after getting a stupid weekend win against ISIS. It's time to move on.

Who is getting deposed today/tomorrow?

Edit:
I really love baseball, even if I can't sit through the Ken Burns documentary.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 28, 2019

Zisky
May 6, 2003

The op-ed she wrote last week in the Washington Post used similar logic to explain why we shouldn't place economic sanctions on Turkey.

Really hard to say she's in favor of sanctioning Turkey.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Drove past the Getty fire on Monday, and had work cancelled today because we were on the edge of the evacuation zone in Simi.

I'm still upset it spared the library.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'd feel pretty bad if the archives burned.

The archives are in a fireproof underground vault.

But his grave isn't!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical of the TECH BROS WILL SOLVE IT mentality. Critical infrastructure shouldn't be in the hands of private companies, ever. Whenever profit is competing with safety you're going to have a compromise that negatively affects safety.

Edit:
Boeing is a great example, though not related to infrastructure and obviously not a target for nationalization. They have decades of experience with safety protocols and backups and had an exceptional safety record until they began prioritizing cost cutting in their newer models as industry competition increased.

Critical failures followed like clockwork.

These problems aren't ones that we don't know how to solve. It just takes investment.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 31, 2019

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I mean the whole point of Space X is it gets launches done cheaply.

Not quite the right model for a utility company responsible for providing an essential service to millions of people that just so happens to also put those same people in danger when it fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

The incidents that fuel the fire of my amazement and outrage are really starting to have diminishing returns.