Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Customs zones at an equitable 5 & 10 miles back from the border

Pros: Much easier to draw the border
Cons: Cant think of any so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The west tyrone pocket is looking ripe for encirclement, cut off army group center, unify the island by christmas.

Anything northwest of Lough Foyle is defacto in the customs zone or else shall be known as the exclave of North-Ireland.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Where was that thread on Arcuri's far right connections again?

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1176839648406122497?s=19

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

radmonger posted:

And the argument I am making is that when, not if, Corbyn steps down, we should replace him with someone broadly similar. He has done his job; it has worked, more of the same please.

The replacement does no really need to be better, to lack some defect he has. We shouldn’t say ‘walking boots have failed, it is time for Crocs’ They just need to not have had their welcome with the public worn out.

In the boot analogy you never mentioned the existence of loads of old cobblers WHICH is ironic given...

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

feedmegin posted:

To be fair a week long prorogation is normal and legal, this time round. It takes about that long normally.

And given conference recess would have been in play anyway, it's absolute galaxy brain that they went for an unlawful extended prorogue for the sake of about 5 days in the first place.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

https://twitter.com/Orwell_Fan/status/1183353954673070081?s=19

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Thought about it and XR's get-yourself-arrested strat is actually good now

https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1184009388173996032?s=19

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

duckmaster posted:

Hahahahaha he actually had her in the next room ready to be rolled out like a prize on the Generation Game. I'm surprised it wasn't live-streamed.

And of course it was a loving stunt. I'm looking forward to the extremely insensitive tweet about it later today.

Jeremy Kyle President

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

This'll be the third PMQs under him IIRC, but yeah, he's only done one, and had Raab step in for the other.

Even May would drag herself up to satisfy her weekly humiliation kink.

Theory: the PM primarily sees himself as a public speaker/raconteur but over the years he's got lazy with it. Recycling material wasn't an issue while on the conference circuit but he can't face the same audience week-in-week-out and deliver fresh content.

Prorogation was mostly a stall to come up with something to replace his Caracas/Crackers bit.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Rustybear posted:

this has tipped me into full tinfoil that XR is an op, come the gently caress on!

"Officer! I drew in chalk on the pavement! Please arrest me quick because it's starting to rain."

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I've been in the newsagents while the mum is yelling at the couple for calling the police on her kids - so she knows what's going on and what they're doing.

But going to the local press isn't a bad idea. The angle that a local business is being racially targeted and the police are doing next to nothing about it sounds like a story to me. I'd be pissed off if I was running a shop in the area and felt that the same thing could happen to me.

Do the kids' school know? Often they have resources / access to resources to help* with issues occurring offsite.

*interpret however you choose.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

It comes in two versions.

That's cool - has a Kanizsa Triangle vibe to it

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Might upset the English though, so *in very centrist voice* as a compromise.

Ok now I'm getting a Two Cowboys T Shirt vibe

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

I'm late replying but :lol: at that precise 2 pixel gap

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

ukle posted:

Other commentators agree with deal is likely to pass next week -

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1185576232605376512

Keep in mind this guy was tweeting rumours about DUP abstaining on letwin just a couple of hours ahead of the actual vote

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Once the extension's been granted, Corbyn calls for VONC. In what the papers retcon as an act of strategic genius, Johnson airily says that it's not appropriate to dither and delay with an election now that the withdrawal bill is moving forward. Cons whip abstain - VONC fails. Britain is swallowed by the sea.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's the "election now" bills that need 2/3 of MPs. A VONC only needs a majority so if the tories abstain then it passes.

Oh yeah that's silly of me. I stand by the 'an election will be declared Labour's waste of time' and the sinking into the sea bits.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

This is largely off topic but thanks to whoever recommended the ATR2100 mic when you all were starting up the podcasting. I'm recording some stuff for work and having 0 sound issues even while a building across the street is being demolished.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Surprise T Rex posted:

I read this as "Atari 2600 mic" and got confused as to why there was one supplied in the era before online gaming, and even more confused as to how the mic quality could possibly have been that good for a game system accessory. Maybe I should have had an earlier night yesterday?

Maybe you're thinking of the surprisingly high-quality for its era ZX82 mic - the one people had to beep and whistle into to program Spectrum cassettes?

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

BigHandsVince posted:

Are you using via USB, or Analogue and a seperate interface?

I've been looking to upgrade from a portable recorder for a while.

Cheers

Lol, I'm using the usb input, bog-standard soundcard and recording through powerpoint. Compared to others here who record their material with laptop / webcam mics, itsounds pretty nice.

So if you're at an extremely base-level set-up, I'd recommend but I have no idea whether it's actually any good

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

I'm too ill to get out of bed today so I made this instead.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I love it! I love it! I think that would make a great campaign slogan too, along with the For the Many Not the Few. :D
It's got good form as a slogan :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAIM02kv0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

Genuinely a little surprised the Tories have been caught so fully flatfooted by this election. I sure as hell didn't expect any good policies (Except promises of Big Spendy for the NHS that nobody would actually believe) but I did expect them to have... policies. They're not even out there touting they can get Boris's excellent very good wonderful withdrawal bill through if the Tories get a majority.

Also lmao that Trump sticks his oar in to say it's a lovely deal when the Brexiteers want him to be King, and also having a go at Corbz when that suits him just fine because what better endorsement?

At least with Theresa May's spontaneous decision to have an election the tories had an excuse for being unprepared.