Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Haha eat poo poo Beast you dumb motherfucker

Hellions are awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Pretty much all of Hellions was great but the best moment in the X-books this week had to be Emma having the hots for Captain America for like 5 minutes before reading him and coming to the horrifying truth that she reminds him of his mother.

So I guess drat, Mrs. Rogers.

Finally, her fake midatlantic accent backfired

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarvelUnlimited/status/1400522322625372161

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Which Sinister is that at the end of Hellions?

Judging by the scars it is the one that was cut to pieces on Arakko

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The overly rendered look just doesnt jam with the overall Immonen-like X-line style set by Larraz and Silva

... remember when X-books couldnt escape Greg Land for YEARS?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Planet-Sized owns

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, I don't think I'll read New Mutants again while it's being written by Vita Ayala. It was a massive red flag last issue with Karma's leg, something that was a recent development with the character and that Karma spent every appearance since complaining about, now suddenly wanted to be resurrected without a leg so she would still wear a prosthetic, which turned out to be a plot point to apparently win Twitter points by the author. That was bad. No, it wasn't about inclusion. No one with a disability given the chance to be born again would say "but hey, chop off my leg afterwards, ok? It wouldn't feel 'me' otherwise"

Dumb explanations about Oracle being in a wheelchair voluntarily are back in full force, wonderful

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Super Xorn bros are just levitating around, vibing

Way of X is amazing and seems like barely distracted by the Gala concept

Cortez having a literal Magneto kink is just perfect

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

X-corp is a pretty undercooked :effort: of a book, a shame because high-concept 00s corporate espionage series is a neat idea.

nemesis_hub posted:

Casey and Carey are good ideas. I’d like to see….David F. Walker get a shot. Ales Kot? Get weird with it.

Marvel has a problem of retaining writers and artists who may not want to do IP farm work that is going to be cannibalized in some Disney+ show in a few years and have better opportunities in creator-owned land. They are very lucky that Ewing and Hickman are still with them.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 19, 2021

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Vengeance wasnt bad but forcing guest stars into plot and advertising as if the book is about them (meanwhile Bullseye is in it as a corpse) literally because Marvel had some sweet art from Dell'otto lying around is... something

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

surprising no one, Hickman's out: https://ew.com/books/inferno-jonathan-hickman-last-x-men-comic/

X-men comics are still Charlie Brown's football lol

So whats over/under on in how soon they are back at school? 3-4 months from the ending of Inferno?

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 17, 2021

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Why dont they use the might of Arakko omegas to wipe out Orchis? Seems like the one place they might benefit from zero tolerance maniacs.
Or borrow a Shiar battlecruiser and death star the station to oblivion

I love how Hickman writes Charles and Magneto as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 1, 2021

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

X-Force are pretty crap at being deniable ops these days (and honestly, ever), thanks Beast

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Hell, X-Force probably doesn't even know they've tried and failed the mission a dozen times previously.

the one fear of Dark Souls player, forgetting their corpse runs

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Trial of the Magneto is extremely bad

even when they draw old Wanda they dont forget the gigantic boobs in that stupid loving costume lol

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

X-Factor was awful (like, maybe the second truly bad krakoa era series along X-Corp) and Trial of the Magneto continues all the bad ticks of the main comic (terrible pacing, no distinct character voices, doing nothing with the premise), putting editorial spotlight just enhanced it

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Gambit proposes Kracoin as the islands currency, gets shut down by council because the nation is past private property. Frustrated, he loads up 2007 avatar creator and mints (with the help from Sage) a ridiculous number of Xmen portraits as NFTs. They are very successful! When the Bored Emma #4605 (golden teeth, dreads) sells for millions at Christie's, Marauders set sail to burn down the largest etherium farm in Madripoor.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Rick posted:

You have me thinking about how depressing it is going to be when it's time for Krakoa to end and and some writer gleefully proclaims it's time for your favorite character to die again.

Haha schoolbus go boom

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

The trials were the children he had along the way

Justice for Zaladane

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Third one is bullshit, Sinister should be awarding himself like in that Obama meme

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cloks posted:

I'm hoping against hope that Gillen is writing Immortal X-Men.

Gillen writing something from the line is an open secret at this point

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Man, I don't really know where Hickman is taking all of this. Or what his plans were.

Like I can't imagine that Mystique and Destiny would kill Moira again, because they know that it would reset this reality. So maybe they're going to sort of take over the main spots on the council where Magneto and Xavier were.

Moira gonna go into a pit i think

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Skwirl posted:

There's a loving 8 million long wait list for resurrection protocols, how the gently caress does Cassandra Nova get to skip the list, since she's the loving one responsible for it.

After Apocalypse and Selene on the team nobody is beyond redemption

What was Cassandra Nova return like in the era before Krakoa?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Caidin posted:

Charles Xavier committed deliberate murder in the womb?

According to Shiar myth of the Mummudrai every person kills their evil psychic twin before they are born but Xavier is so gifted his twin took material form

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

cut her some slack that was a girlboss moment

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hunting that novel writer to do a Sabretooth series turned out to be an excellent idea, very fun comic.

X-Cellent as expected is not an X-Men comic just like its predecessor but as Milligan and Allred fan I liked it a lot, cool freeform nonsense.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Angry Salami posted:

I like to imagine the Five screwed up. "Look, we're resurrecting hundreds of people a day. Now Proteus here said he was pretty sure that both Wolverines had metal skeletons, it sounded right to the rest of us, we didn't have time to check. Now let's be honest, Chuck's probably going to send you on another suicide run by the end of the week, we'll try and get it right next time we revive you."

The Five modifying ressurrected mutants sounds like a great idea for a very uncomfortable story to explore the ethics of that concept

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 7, 2022

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Russell Crowe is gonna break the poor grandpa in half

Black Kitty Pryde lmao

Love that at his age and complete disintrest in modern comics he just shoots headcanon theories about MCU ("captain marvel has phoenix powers thats why dark phoenix had rewrites" is like straight up a clickbait youtube video)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

It is a bummer that Krakoa is crushed (whether permanently or just for some time) by a cabal of literal moustache twirling villains that say things like WE HACKED YOUR MEDICINE BWAHA instead of a proper internal crisis

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Is Children of the Vault the first book by Deniz Camp? I don't recognize the name, but it was really good.

He did a crappy but very well-received comic about cold war supersoldiers 20th Century Men last year

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

instead of an execrable mini about the death of wolverine, just kill him off every other issue of x-force. it's honestly really funny.

Quentin Quire dying a new hillarious way in every issue was one of the best Krakoa era bits

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I loved X of Swords because it was a shonen tournament arc, even if a bit bloated

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Indie Rocktopus posted:

An important angle I think people overlook is that Krakoa (like the majority of superhero stories) is on some level a power fantasy, while at the same time (like a fair number of modern superhero stories) it wants to examine and critique that power fantasy.

The interesting thing is that, while a lot of these power fantasies are inherently authoritarian and reactionary (Batman, Iron Man, the Punisher), Krakoa speaks to progressive and leftist frustrations.

Someone on twitter said that Krakoa is 40k Imperium for leftists and the fan discourse of the era certainly felt like that. Flatscans amirite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/legotrillermoth/status/1784510041824903572?t=GoQ-WT4y-sVakybZR6xXBg&s=19

They are gonna treat Krakoa era in-universe like we in real world treated NFT hype