Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

the big problem giving advice for job interviews is I never know what helped. Sometimes I think I killed it and never hear back, other times I felt like i choked and still got the job.

Results from interviews can be pretty inconsistent, some interviews are done literally just to check off a box with HR and you don't actually have a chance of being hired no matter how amazingly you do. I think this is especially true if you're not an able-bodied white male, as HR may mandate a certain number of women/visible minorities/disabled are interviewed, but even so a lot of jobs can be like "well we really want to hire this person we know but HR requires that we post the job for public applications so..."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A whole lot of people were angry about such a violation of :decorum: not realizing holy hell was it effective, dude literally got punched out of the public sphere.

EDIT holy hell did you completely change your post to not be about Richard Spencer getting punched, did the forums gently caress up, or do I need more covfefe this morning?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

why did Facebook think a crypto currency was a good idea

"What if a decentralized currency, but centralized?"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A Handed Missus posted:

Dear GOP, this is toxic. This is insidious. And none of you should be okay with it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My mother in law told me with a straight face that they can never let another democrat become president because they'll 'undo all the good Trump has done.'

Ask her which parts of the genocides are her favorite.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Not as insidious or evil as Obunglers communism killing 80billion people every year. Checkmate LIBRUHL hypocrites

Ahh yes, the world was fine and abortion-free until OBAMA showed up.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

More Hitler than Hitler, you say? Is this like when Charlie Chaplin secretly entered a "Charlie Chaplin lookalike" contest and got 3rd place?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol my son's mainlined an iPad forever and his linguistic ability is quite advanced despite this.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nonsense posted:

cnn loves to report poo poo like YOUR KIDS ARE ON YOUTUBE TOO MUCH THEY WILL DIE

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well that's not how you grab 'em by the pussy at all.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My 11 month old has basically defeated us on sleep training and now to stunt on us he also gets very upset that we won't let him walk off the side of the bed Wile E Coyote style when he's supposed to be going to sleep.

Yup, welcome to parenthood. Expect this phase to last several years.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

"sooo lucky to have me as your President (just kidding!)" must fit as a thread title, right?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Tirade posted:

Night crew usually have a go at it once every few months when posting is slow

I've always been a fan of this one:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829836231802515457

It's especially impressive since he actually saw them in court, and won.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Marzzle posted:

what did he see them in court about and win?

From memory so not 100% on the details:

- That tweet was regarding a Hawaii judge who put a nationwide hold on the Muslim ban
- Trump's success was in getting that decision overruled by a superior court, so his Muslim ban could operate for a while until it more formally went through the legal process, so the policy wound up being in operation for months.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol do not do this, I say this as someone whose high school years were 8 until almost 5pm most days, it 100% fucks you up, especially if homework isn't also abolished.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

high school is 8-5 or 8-6 if you do extracurricular activities

Said activities were mandatory at my school. :smith:

Less than one day a week (our scheduling was extremely confusing) we were properly finished at 3, but I think certain sports could mandate extra practice too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

5 days a week for a whole school year though??

At my school yes.

Our school crammed in so much poo poo that they introduced a 6-day rotating schedule. So the first week M-F were days 1-5, then the following week Monday was Day 6, Tuesday was Day 1, Wednesday was Day 2 etc.

Then poo poo got hosed because it was impossible for important weekly staff meetings to be coordinated under that system, so they changed it to a 5-day rotating schedule plus a "first day" schedule for whatever the first day of the week was.

One day in that cycle was an early day where we finished at 2:45 if we didn't have extracurricular activities. Every other day had mandatory poo poo until at least 4:30 but could be closer to 5, and this was a school that took attendance for every class and immediately contacted your parents if you were a no-show, so impossible to play hooky from.

Even better, this was in Montreal, so in Winter even though I lived almost next door to the school when I left for school it was pitch black out, and when I left from school it was also pitch black out.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

"Lady, you just got Penc'd"

:boom:

(airhorns)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

When I worked at Walmart we had to listen to 1 Christmas CD on repeat from the day after Halloween until the day after New Years.

The electronics department had to watch this movie on repeat.

lol "Disney FastPlay", a.k.a. "we didn't put unskippable ads in the DVD this time, you might still have to take active steps for them to not autoplay though."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SixPabst posted:

lol they're interrupting already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHQiRXgMG0&t=14s

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

mdemone posted:

you know what the best part of this process will be?

not watching a single minute and filtering it entirely through you incorrigible fuckers

This is how I've done literally everything with US politics.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Al! posted:

how do you have a cult when theres no leader

This is legit one of the more unique and interesting aspects of Flat Earthers.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There is no doubt he's getting impeached

Quoting to lol at you later.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

juche avocado posted:

same but you

Man I hope so

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

quoting to :lol: at you know for not knowing the difference between impeachment in the house and removal from office after three years of Trump

I knew I should have paid more attention to TRUMP to know how the government works.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

Ahahahaha he just did 5 retweets in 20 seconds

His tweet skills have leveled up.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blaze it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

"Unpersuasive." Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

"Surreal." Richard Brody, The New Yorker

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

What would be Britain's Nauru equivalent?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

Oh cool my high school

Mayor Dave how could you?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not a Children posted:

What is the best way to siphon off wealth spending that would otherwise be passed and forth between unthinkably rich entities? ASking for a friend

Start selling audiophile gear.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Statistically speaking this was inevitable.

I mean, I have some degree of association with the three school shootings that took place in Montreal.

Wait, that came out wrong.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Squizzle posted:

which is the german name for my neighbor totoro

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

He posted that reply to multiple tweets.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Good god, this person has been arguing on twitter for free market healthcare for like 7 hours and is legendarily thick.

https://twitter.com/Cristi_Neagu/status/1195439624145063936

brb I don't have cancer but they're having a sale on chemo and gotta get some.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fireside Nut posted:

my family. they like pence and basically thought of it as voting for him to end abortion :negative:

Banning abortion doesn’t even lower the rate of abortion. It just ruins the lives of would-be mothers who would otherwise have likely had children normally later so way to go, banning abortion kills more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

one guy in my carpool has full volume speaker phone convos with his wife in the car where they use cute names for each other

just start hitting on/negging his wife using the same pet name.