Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Scorecard! Scorecard! Can’t tell who’s who at the impeachment without a scorecard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ewiley posted:

Goddamn, this is not Stupid Watergate, this is Stupid Teapot Dome but the president is involved.

Split the difference, it's the Great Tea-Baggening

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Also getting some real Kermit the Frog vibes

*Flapping arms* AHHHHHHH OH GEEZ! Sorry for all the crimes guys!

um excuse me

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

1glitch0 posted:

Sure, but Donald Trump is president so you end up on national tv testifying in front of Congress in an impeachment hearing.

Well, not every day!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wylie posted:

You caught him 65% into his transformation into a corn cob

I was going to say, it's like he's being drained of spirit energy because whoo boy

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

TyrantWD posted:

Schitt too explicit for the WH official account?

not in front of the kids

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Comstar posted:

I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING
THERE WAS NO QUID PRO QUO

Whats the rest say?

edit beaten like Vice President Pence horse.

BUY ONE BIG MAC GET ANOTHER FOR ONLY $1

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

evilweasel posted:

he doesn't need to use all 45 minutes but it would be embarrassing not to. that said, a good cross-examination is a lawyer basically giving a speech punctuated by an occasional "yes" from the witness. and here, there's no judge to whack you on the knuckles when you flagrantly violate the rules and actually don't even bother to involve the witness.

but sondland is so damaging and willing to throw everyone under the bus i'd have struggled to fill 45 minutes, but i would have had an outline prepared for this eventuality that was basically attacking his credibility for changing his testimony and the like and just making him answer yes or no questions about lack of specific pieces of evidence where he is given no chance to explain

hell yes, I'm glad you are doing this!

It's a great way to understand the nuanced layers of hosed they all must feel right now

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

PenguinKnight posted:

Whoever is asking the questions right now is slipping into a kermit voice and I’m losing it

Eh, heard better. :jiggled:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Better bump that press conference up, Pomp

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

goethe.cx posted:

please look away if this will...upset you

hey man nice shot

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

LtStorm posted:

code:
I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NO
QUID PRO QUO
TELL ZELLINSKY
TO DO THE
RIGHT THING
THIS IS THE
FINAL WORD
FROM THE PRES
OF THE U.S.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA.
ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.
USE THEM TOGETHER.
USE THEM IN PEACE.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

My first tag at long last

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I did a (extremely) cursory look at the Democratic Coalition's site, and superPAC or not, they're apparently getting an impeachment ad to air on Fox News on Monday, during Fox & Friends. They want Trump to see it, and you know what? After all the GOP PAC ads currently invading YouTube, I KINDA WANT HIM TO SEE IT TOO.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
ALso: The whole "two-thirds of the Senate" thing with impeachment probably made a lot more sense when there was less than thirty senators

thank u for coming to my ted talk

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

theflyingorc posted:

The whole point is that you need cross party support, which is NORMALLY a good thing, because otherwise Mitch would have removed Obama in 2014 just because he could.

But it's not great when a major political party is compromised along with the President.

True, but it's a lot harder to convince 17 (of today's) senators to cross party lines, then to get 5 people to do it (napkin math, but the number you'd need back when there were 13 states).

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gnumonic posted:

This poo poo is really loving serious and it's incredibly important to gather the strongest evidence possible, even if it fucks with the primary calendar a little bit.

The President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, has, on several occasions now, straight up admitted to high crimes and misdemeanors. The problem is not enough of the representative government will admit those high crimes and misdemeanors are, in fact, high crimes and misdemeanors.

I agree though, it's important to keep pressing the attack. It's not just fighting an opposition party, we're also fighting apathy and misinformation.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

SalTheBard posted:

Does the majority have any way of punishing minority members for bullshit like that?

Yeah, out-voting them and making them look like dweebs.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

cr0y posted:

I had to go back in the official stream to verify the stupid grocery bag and alas, he did infact come to testify to Congress sporting a reusable grocery bag.

Honestly, if he's toting more paperwork than one of those attache cases will hold, I applaud him for resourcefulness and also being as eco-minded as conservatives get

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

kaworu posted:

I have a special rule - whenever a republican says "Chalupa" i immediately disregard everything they have said up to that point and mute/turn them off. It's a useful sort of reverse-dogwhistle that tells me I can tune out because this person knows they are lying and spreading bullshit if they say Chalupa

I hear out and listen to ones that do not say Chalupa

Honestly, I still don't know what the gently caress a chalupa is in this context.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
It's all gonna be perfect, alright.

A PERFECT gently caress UP!!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

Can the House draft new articles of impeachment for these crimes or do they still fall under the current passed articles?

It’d own hard if Moscow Mitch runs a sham trial to get orange daddy out of trouble, only to have new articles of impeachment drafted and passed by the house.

Not only that, but there ain’t no rule saying a dog can’t draft them, either :getin:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Oh my! How will he ever get out of this one?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

empty whippet box posted:

Wow super impressed with you guys who keep saying nothing matters and posting fatalistic eeyoring about how Trump is invincible. I'm like super impressed with how awesome and wise you sound, please continue.

Man, was I really coming off like that? I'm sorry, I'm actually am an optimist and it sounds like the tape is getting more traction in the media, so yay?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

empty whippet box posted:

Very few people that I know in real life are even aware that it is happening.

Then loving TELL THEM, dude.

What are you, one of them “nothing matters” types?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Djarum posted:

McConnell is underwater in Kentucky. Talking to people I know in the state even the most hardcore Republicans are tired of him at this point. It depends on his opponent, although he is going to have a fight on his hands even with the primary as Wesley Morgan has been drawing a lot of support. While him losing isn't a sure thing let's not say that him winning re-election is a sure thing here. He is going to have a battle unlike anything he has had in decades.

As for Geatz because he is in a safe seat he can show that path away from Trump. I think he is a loathsome scumbag but I would love nothing more than to have Trump's ire focused on him and it does nothing. If Romney grows a spine somehow I imagine we would see much the same effect.

“If”.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Bolton Blabs Big Buzz to Bumblefuck Barr

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Djarum posted:

Likely there are no marching orders.

Putin Puppets Plod Perilously Pending Programming Promotion!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Charlz Guybon posted:

Isn't it to late to enter the primaries?

Not only that, but a number of states had their GOP block any to run against Trump. At least, I think that's what they did.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

InsertPotPun posted:

at this point i'm not sure how I'd react to good news.

should...should I pet it?

It is scared and cold and it needs your love

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

eke out posted:

Hi, thanks for your second post in this thread. If you'd refer to the OP, you'd see that rapid-fire TVIV style posting during hearings is allowed here, while reactions without context would not be in USPOL.

I'm sure Pam Bondi appreciates this epic own you've done on her behalf, though.

For what it’s worth I am stuck in class and I do appreciate anyone elaborating even though it is not mandatory! It is a good thread.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

No, that’s too much coverage

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

GreyjoyBastard posted:

please tone down the posting about posting thanks

I had to bite my hand to keep from cracking up during a lecture

From the producers of “I WANT NOTHING I WANT NOTHING” we get a giant font note about when the trip was, but apparently no reminder Hunter Biden is a member of the Biden family

poo poo like this nourishes me

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ummel posted:

Nothing crushes my hopes of democracy & humanity more than cspan callers.

Stop doing this to yourself, you magnificent bastard

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

big trivia FAIL posted:

censure is meaningless but it is better than the pure acquittal that allows trump to say "totally exonerated!"

Counterpoint: so is his unslakable thirst to never ever be wrong and for 'ratings'. Sure, it's all meaningless, but might as well piss in his Big Mac sauce if he's going to poo poo on the Constitution.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Roberts isn't going get involved. It'll die 50-50

Well that can be his loving legacy then.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

eke out posted:

lmao Bolton is famously the master of evil bureaucratic knife-fighting (behind only like, Cheney) and it shows

gently caress with the Walrus, you get the tusk

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
never hope

edit: actually okay maybe hope just a little

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Actually fellas, I take it all back, someone hand me a pair of jackboots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Has anyone compiled a running list of powers the House alone gave up this year?

Subpoenas are strictly optional!