Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure Republicans are going to be super pleased when, god willing, whenever we get a Democrat president back in office, they have no reason not to sleaze it up and manipulate foreign governments to help rig elections, since that's exactly what they're saying is okay here with Trump.

Oh, wait. They'd say Dems rigged the election no matter what anyway. So who cares at this point. :unsmith:

I just can't believe these people can look at facts presented so clearly and just say that nothing is wrong-- under oath, no less. They're all a bunch of mongrels so desperately eager to slurp the fairway grass off Trump's shoes like the good little puppies they are, no matter how complicit it makes them in his crimes.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

this just in, gop senators are literal children

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Republicans like Graham made it very clear that they weren't interested in any facts and weren't interested in a fair trial, and then went under oath saying they would give a fair trial.

... Is it considered lying under oath if the oath itself was a lie?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
like this is a big ol fuckin case of "your honor I never lied under oath because my oath itself is invalid because my oath itself was a lie so TECHNICALLY I never lied under oath bc I had my fingers crossed"

and the trumpkins furiously circlejerk to the brilliance and chutzpah. what a genius, an absolute legend he owned the libs maga maga maga

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

HOW TRUMP HATERS ARE RUINING AMERICA

BUSY MAMAS ARE THE BEST AT MULTITASKING TRY IT SWEETY.

or like, actually pay attention and do your loving job, you mongrel

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

"My impeachment trial has the best ratings. The best. Creepy Clinton didn't have as good of ratings as mine has. America came to watch me win over the do-nothing no-good Democrats and Shifty Schiff!"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
You know those sacks of poo poo will come around and say "I never heard anything Trump could be removed for" even though they made a point of not even being present

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Parrotine posted:

I'm honestly pretty shocked someone hasn't tried taking a swing at McConnell quite frankly, dude is easily the most hated senator from the past decade

I'd not be surprised if it does happen, but only if it's provoked. Last thing we need is a screed of VIOLENT LEFTIST DEMOCRATS CAUSING CIVIL WAR ASSAULTING RESPECTED LONGTIME GOP GERIATRIC SENATOR MITCH MCONNELL

I mean, it'd happen even if provoked, but still. Someone shove a straw up that old tortoise's nose or something and make him drink milk with it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Otteration posted:

Sen. Rand Paul works on crossword puzzle, paper airplane during impeachment trial
courier-journal.com/Jan. 23, 2020

"As the Senate weighs the impeachment of a president for only the third time in U.S. history, the usually decorum-filled chamber at times has been more akin to a high school classroom.

There was gum-chewing, snacking and yawning.

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul even reportedly worked on a crossword puzzle and crafted a paper airplane as House managers made their case Wednesday for removing President Donald Trump, whom the Kentucky senator has backed vehemently."

Literal loving children. Clearly this is middle school and not the highest level of American Government making world-changing decisions.

gently caress I hate these people and this entire goddamn situation so much. Our country and lives are in the hands of complete idiots.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Don't care. If I can't behave that way in my meagerly paid job without getting in trouble, neither should they. Their point is stupid anyway.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

They aren't meagerly paid, yo.

Also, for those who can remember, did poo poo l ile this happen with Clinton's on the D side?

I'm meagerly paid. My point is that I have to behave better in my crappy, thankless job than they do in their big money, highly respected job and that's extremely pathetic.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

Ahh yes, but have you considered that these people consider you a worthless nobody who isn't even a real person like they are?

Buddy, I consider myself a worthless nobody who isn't even a real person. I don't care about their lack of opinion of me. I still care about my disdain of them though. :colbert:

Ringo Star Get posted:

Hahaha, it’s always about TV ratings for this rear end in a top hat. Does he not realize the internet exists?

I swear I called it:

quote:

"My impeachment trial has the best ratings. The best. Creepy Clinton didn't have as good of ratings as mine has. America came to watch me win over the do-nothing no-good Democrats and Shifty Schiff!"

Holy loving poo poo. No wonder they're bored and not listening. I hope with great futility that those stupid lap dogs stop bootlicking and bring out that classic bullheaded republican defiance over that.

Hahahaha. Who am I kidding. Their heads could already be on pikes and they'd still worship Trump.

That said I wonder how real that is. I just googled that phrase and CBS is the only legit news source mentioning it (so far). Careful of misinformation regardless.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
What's worse is that they don't even need to appeal to anyone anyway. Republicans already made their decision long before the trial so they're trying to get a fast acquittal so Donny gets to jerk off all over the microphone like the big big boy he is at the state of the union address and can cry over how unfair the Democrats have been and how America decided he was right and how he plans to maintain his obvious corruption for 4 more years-- maybe even more corrupt and more obvious because clearly, America decided that it approves.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
it is also worth noting that republican voters don't particularly need anything witty or relevant or like, actually true to rally behind anyway-- we're talking about a group of people who are still butthurt about alt-righters being called deplorables and are still chanting "LOCK HER UP" in 2020 even though Hillary Clinton has not been relevant in any real perceivable significant way since 2016.

all they need is a perceived slight to rally behind, no matter how small or made up, and will make an entire political stance upon it

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Djarum posted:

I didn't even realize that the SuperBowl is next weekend. I assume they want it to be over before the SOTU as well so Trump can gloat.

I don't know what teams are playing (and don't care), but I want them to all kneel for the anthem just to really send a message to chuds

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Someone tell Trump that if he demands for witnesses to prove his innocence and they all sing of his crimes like canaries and he not only gets removed from office and imprisoned, it would probably be the highest ratings TV has ever had.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Rauros posted:

Starting to feel all this gaslighting might actually blow up.

Well sure. Trump is mostly gas, so apply more fire and surely something will blow

Put him under more pressure and surely he'll lose his temper even more and say things he never intended to say.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Grouchio posted:

So is this poo poo poo poo defense good news for us?

In an ideal reality where leaders are driven by actual truth and justice and the desire to make a positive difference in the world, I would think so.

In the pocket reality we've been stuck in where truth is irrelevant and power is everything... who knows.

If nothing else this is turning out to be more interesting than I was expecting it to be.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Parrotine posted:

Honestly we might have to just wait it out till Fox's audience dies out, most are too far gone at this point. They definitely aren't bringing in a younger audience, and since they're so reviled in pretty much every other demographic we may be lookin at Fox at its apex until the Trump Administration finally goes under.

I was thinking about that recently, actually. What is Fox gonna do when the Boomers die off? Are they going to die out with a whimper or radicalize and try to appeal more to the last demographic they possibly could appeal to: alt-right chuds who live on Breitbart, InfoWars, and r/TheDonald?

Basically I can only see them dying off or removing all pretense and going full fash.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I really wish my state didn't vote that idiot in.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Djarum posted:

Well it doesn't help that Pence has gone on the record now multiple times saying he had no knowledge or anything to do with it. If for example Bolton or Mulvaney comes right out and says Pence was in the room or he was directly told things he is extremely hosed.

Even if they don't remove Pence he would effectively be a lame duck. I am not sure he would run for the election and I am much more skeptical he could win. Only issue for the GOP is that they have 8-9 months to figure out a candidate and get them out there. That is if Trump doesn't decide to keep running as well which would be their nightmare scenario there.

Speaking of lame ducks and the thought of Pence...

If Pence gets removed somehow too, that means Pelosi becomes president, right? I know it's an impossibility but my god that would be the most hilarious pike up Trump's rear end.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/28/trump-praises-pompeo-npr-confrontation-107754

Trump praises Pompeo for totally getting owned in that NPR interview with Mary Louise Kelly and throwing a tantrum and spreading lies about her to cover up just how badly she owned him

:sigh:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Cheesus posted:

I can't place where I've heard that before.

Oh wait, I have:

Why is that so loving painfully accurate and why do I know so many people who think like that :smith:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I swear I do not understand how someone has the ability to be so brazenly evil with a poo poo eating grin.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Grouchio posted:

If you still don't see the layers of narcissism pouring from this orange man, go read up on Goering's trial.

I see the layers and have from the start. It's just that I, a person who can claim a vestige of a shred of moral fiber, do not understand why the world has not torn such a despicable, annoying, power-abusing bastard limb from limb and proceeded to beat him with said limbs and instead allowed him to get where he is today.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Harton posted:

What kinda “normal” is there to go back to?

These are some wild loving times.

Smoking some weed about it.

"Normal" as we knew it will never be again, I think.

I don't feel like the constant tension between people and parties is doing to fade anytime soon either. It's always stressful when talking to random people and not knowing where they stand-- and there's no real way to talk politics with anyone with any civil tone because everyone is so passionate and heavily opposed to the other side. I feel like the only way there's ever going to be bipartisanship in government and among civilians is if compromises are made, but conceding anything is impossible for anyone when a small concession is directly opposed to their values (or lack thereof).

And that surely won't come from any of the impeachment conflict either. If GOP gets their way they're only going to become more obnoxious, more smug, more hateful, and more convinced that treason is cool and good. If they don't, they'll only become more hateful and aggressive.

Society kind of just makes me sick tbh

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Harton posted:

Yeah I’ve been slowly opting out of it myself. If nothing is real the why aren’t we all doing things we enjoy rather than working our lives away for corporations. I quit my job and just do odd jobs now like refinishing hardwood floors and poo poo. Way more satisfying but not nearly enough money.

Truthfully speaking I've greatly distanced myself from the news because I'm just so sick of seeing what the US is letting the GOP get away with and I'm sick of seeing Trump's ugly smug face every goddamn day. I'm only keeping up with it now out of the faintest glimmer of hope that things will change. Once the obvious result happens I'm probably hermit myself away again and someone can wake me when the election comes up and I can spark that glimmer again for student loan forgiveness.

I just kind of try to keep myself distracted with things I enjoy or at least keep my mind off everything else. I work for a nonprofit and I hate my underpaid af job, but it keeps me in my apartment.

Nothing is real, indeed, and logic makes no sense. Better to take the soma and try to find what happiness I can until it starts making sense again. I know that's not the best perspective to have and that probably angers more radical spirits here but I'm just loving exhausted, man. I don't have the energy for this poo poo without being utterly self destructive.

I just wanna feel happy again in what little ways I can, you know?

Depression talk aside, today was the last day of the GOP's appeal to falsehood, right? I wonder how the questions will go. If nothing else I hope someone embarrasses the tortoise on live TV.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Schiff seems cool. Can we elect him president instead?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGameVet posted:

Tomorrow, Jan. 31st, when the Senate acquits Trump without calling witnesses ... shall henceforth be called "The Day Democracy Died."

Has it ever really been alive?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Never get your hopes up that a Republican will ever do the right thing. Ever.

:same:

I'm genuinely depressed right now. My mom just went on a huge hateful rant about how dangerous democrats are to government and how they're just filled with hate and it's the only reason they're doing what they're doing.

My mom has a bachelor's in criminal justice and graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0, for what it's worth. Just to really hammer in how painful it is that she cannot see the forest for the trees here.

How is she so loving stupid? I don't think I could be any more disappointed with her right now.

Oh wait, I can be, because an acquittal without witnesses makes this a complete and utter insult and embarrassment to this entire nation and she's going to be so loving smug about it. It's such an obvious cover-up. How can they just straight up concede that Trump did it and it was indeed an abuse of power and just... be okay with that. How are people not loving terrified of that?

God I cannot loving stand republicans.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

SubG posted:

Reporting from the Senate is saying that the Rs are citing the Dershowitz defence that if the motive isn't 100% personal than it's not impeachable.

"Your honor, 99% of my motivation for killing that man on the street was just because I hated his loving hairstyle. But 1% of that reason was because he MIGHT be an axe murderer. It's not 100% personal! You gotta acquit!"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

i don't think anyone here needs any reminding that the republicans don't give a poo poo

the steadily more passive aggressive invocations are funny tho

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1223311565484630017

Who is this pointed at, though? Like, I'm torn because a Chaplain should very honestly understand that Lying Is Bad and anyone with a single brain cell bouncing around in their heads should find it obvious that the GOP has been incessantly lying and covering up or just straight up admitting that "yeah he did it, yeah it might be impeachable, but it's not in our best interest to remove him"...

on the other hand, it would not surprise me at all that a member of the clergy in the senate would be a hard republican either. <_<

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
There should be a new rule. No more loving ancient people running the country. Once you're clearly one foot in the grave you need to get the gently caress out and stop leaving behind awful decisions for those of us who have to deal with them.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Lamar Alexander was much of a piece of poo poo at 40 as he is now.

berserker posted:

No it's not about age, it's about their philosophy on the world. There are young people who are assholes who hate everything good (ie Rubio) and there are old people who are kickass and have great ideas (ie Sanders)

While neither of these are wrong, it really does feel like the scum meter rises with age for a lot of people.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PoizenJam posted:

I predict it will drag, because hurting Warren/Sanders is in the interest of both party's establishment arms.

Wouldn't hurting Warren and Sanders be indirectly helping Biden? Who do they hate more here?

Stickman posted:

https://twitter.com/lisamurkowski/status/1223317119233941506

Her reasoning is slightly different than Rubio's: "The country is too divided, better let the president crime!"

That'll surely heal the nation.

"We are sadly at a low point of division in this country. (And it's our fault.)"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Kammat posted:

loving gently caress gently caress with gently caress sauce with a side of gently caress nuggets and a gently caress soda.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I have never wanted a meteor to fall and crush your soft lovely body more than I do now, Donny boy. You smug loving piece of human waste.

That's actually a lie though, I'll want it more after the SOTU.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Retro42 posted:

What are the odds McConnell is delaying the vote until after the SOTU to prevent Trump from going full evil villain monologue during it?

Why would he? He's obviously pro-God-King-Dictator Trump. The thought of Trump owning the dems in his biggest speech of the year is probably more effective for him than a whole bottle of Viagra.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I do have to hope Indiana swings blue again. We did it once for Obama, we can do it again. And it would be absolutely glorious to spite Pence and Braun because gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

empty whippet box posted:

Is daydreaming about it ok? Because holy poo poo do I daydream about horrific violence against rich people, all day, every day, constantly, unendingly. I pray to gods I don't believe in that great suffering befalls them, just in case.

Eat the rich, not even metaphorically. Cook them and consume their flesh and leave the bones for their pets, who are still good and innocent beings. :unsmith: