Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem was great! Doesn’t hit the same emotional highs of Spider-Verse but makes up for it in straight comedy. I’m a lifelong TMNT fan, and though my kids have never seen any of their shows/movies before this, all of us really liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Christopher Miller had been blowing up my timeline promoting The Afterparty, is he exempt as part of the DGA?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Party Boat posted:

What's the low end of the age range that would like TMNT? I have two weeks off at the end of August and if there's a washout day I might take Mini Boat to see it - I showed him the trailer and he said it looked cool. He's almost 5 and recently loved Nimona so he is okay with PG films, the fact that it's 90 minutes is a big plus as well.

I took my 5 year old who also loves Nimona to it and he had a great time.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Sourdough Sam posted:

I forget if Mitchells vs. The Machines does this

It does, it opens with a Katie narration of the in media res scene of them escaping from the robots, then giving an overview of her family and a flashback of her interest in making videos.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

mycot posted:

The best movie in the "animal doing an activity that is ironic for them" genre is Ratatouille I don't think anything comes close.

Not that I’m suggesting it is better, but does Kung Fu Panda fall under this genre?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

My wife walked down the aisle at our wedding to Romantic Flight

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

TIL that Colleen Ballinger had a cameo in Wreck It Ralph 2 :yikes:

Ralph wisely cuts off her internet access.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I haven't seen the movie yet, I dunno if they do anything with Splinter like training himself, but that's my guess as to why your Nephew might think he started off human

Splinter learns martial arts from TV/YouTube

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Party Boat posted:

And the design of Cynthia Utrom was supposed to evoke Krang, right?

Seeing as Utrom is the name of the brain creature species, yes, I think it’s safe to say she’s Krang

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Data Graham posted:

why bother making an iconoclastic point at the end of his life?

The only iconoclastic point Syndrome makes at the end of his life is “No capes!”

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ccs posted:

I'm seeing a bunch of storyboard artists on twitter say that they've been without work for 6 months to a year. Additionally the feature animation studios here in montreal all have no projects or only domestic canadian productions, and tv animation studios in vancouver are going through dramatic downsizing. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the strikes because The Animation Guild is not on strike, so why the dramatic fall off in production?

Presumably vocal actors are still covered under SAG, and story writers coveted under WGA?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I do think a funny detail I noticed is that Biggie seems to not have much of a role this time, he's not part of the adventure crew. They have a single shot with the Mr Dinkles and the camera doesn't even show Biggie's face. Maybe the full movie he has more of a presence but I'm just going to assume they didn't want to work much with James Corden again

Ron Funches was on a podcast a while back talking about how he felt sidelined by the production of this movie, recorded a day of dialogue and expected to be called back in later for more scenes and re-records, then next thing he knows the movie is coming out. I think all the side characters are just being diminished to make space for the new characters.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Phylodox posted:

But what of the McElroys?!?

That statement was on The Besties (their video games podcast), after Justin and Griffen lamented about not getting called back for the sequel at all.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

YMS’ Lion King review has several pre-production stills of exactly that, mostly-realistic animals with slight tweaks to eyes and features to make them capable of showing emotion, but someone high up *coughjonfavreaucough* insisted that the animals be entirely photo realistic.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Olaf's Frozen Adventure is fantastic, and all the songs are bangers.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Phylodox posted:

The best thing about Tangled was that it continued the story and expanded on the lore in ways that actually made sense and didn’t feel at all contrived or forced. It honestly felt like that had been the plan from the beginning.

Having Moore/Levi reprise their roles for the whole show also lent some nice continuity.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

Same happened to my dad, but it was paying off the last few payments in full. Didn't tank it, but it did cause a big dent. Can't recall why this is though.

Your credit score is made up in part by the number of credit lines you have open and the age of those credit lines (if you have lots of people who are willing to give you credit and they've maintained that credit with you for a long time, you are more likely to be a good borrower). When you completely pay off your student loans, you'll lose some quantity of open credit lines, but more importantly, the average age of your open credit lines will likely way go down, as besides a home mortgage, there are few things you pay off over a long period of time more than student loans.

Credit isn't scary unless you don't have any self control/financial literacy, just pay them off in full every month, don't buy more than you can afford, don't carry a balance, etc.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I kinda liked it. I liked that they really tried to approach the older animation style. Even if some of them utterly failed like Pocahontas was horrific to see.
A lot of shout outs to even movies that didn’t succeed in any meaningful way.
They credited Genie as Robin Williams.

Does anyone know what the car and the plane in the group photo are from?

I didn’t see the plane but I just assumed the car was from Roger Rabbit.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Frozen Fever was the only good one but it wasn't a Christmas one it was Anna's birthday.

Olaf’s Frozen Adventure is the Christmas one and it is a holiday favorite in my family.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Pyrotoad posted:

I still cannot believe they never released the rest of the Ugly Sonic footage. Make it like a charity drive goal, or a bonus on a collector's edition or something.

Presumably you've already watched Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Then again I say all that and yet I refuse to read/watch One Piece despite so many anime/manga fans hyping it up because it's so goddamn long, so I'm a huge hypocrite.

Phylodox posted:

I tried to watch One Piece a few times and kept bouncing off of it hard. Then I watched the live action Netflix adaptation and it absolutely rocks. It fixed pretty much every problem I had with the anime, looks great, and has a fantastic soundtrack.

Captain Invictus posted:

pretty much every long-time one piece fan is just going to tell you to read the manga and skip the anime. the manga has almost no filler in it. there's basically no arcs that I would consider nonessential, and I will fight anyone who says the Davy Back Fight is nonessential

the Shonen Jump app is like 2 or 3 bucks a month and lets you read 100 chapters a day of anything in their catalog, including the entirety of One Piece. definitely one of the best subscription services I have, and I highly recommend it if you want to give One Piece a shot. Start around chapter 95ish, that's where the live-action ends iirc.

there's only two arcs I have any serious problems with, and they are more recent ones and both are still overall good, so you've got dozens of volumes before you hit the first speed bump.

Probably makes me a philistine, but I decided to take on watching the One Piece anime from scratch, and I'm finding watching it at 1.5x speed on Netflix to be my ideal method of chewing through the insane backlog while still getting to enjoy the journey.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Robindaybird posted:

It's bad enough fans made a "One Pace" cut that cuts a lot of cruft.

Interesting. I've just finished the Enies Lobby/Water 7 Arc, so I don't think anything has been quite as egregious as what's in the clip here yet. Unfortunately, it looks like the OnePace site is blocked at work, and since I'm only able to churn through these on my second screen while working, doesn't seem like it'll be a viable alternative.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 20, 2023

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

They needed someone besides Poppy and Branch that was recognizable since no one else from the usual Trolls gang went on the quest (for reasons largely unexplained)

From a Ron Funches interview I listened to a couple months back, it sound like it went unexplained to the actors as well, who found themselves unexpectedly cut out of the movie

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Am I the only one who thought that the whole point of Trolls Band Together was that the other members of BroZone were supposed to be played by the other members of *NSYNC? In retrospect I recognize Eric Andre's voice, but the other performances seemed rather pedestrian which I attributed to the non-JT band members not being as seasoned actors (though all of them have acted and done voice over work before - who could forget Lance Bass' memorable turn as Sephiroth in the Kingdom Hearts series?). All the meta boy band jokes about properly tracking finances and focus on the hurt the BroZone members felt about breaking up and going their separate ways and whatnot carried a bit extra weight "knowing" that it was all the *NSYNC members saying this to each other. But then the credits roll and it turns out it hasn't been them at all and in some cases been other musical artists who have limited to no acting experience either? What was the point?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was probably way too much hassle and expense for a joke almost no one would get.

But that's the point, in my mind, this movie was entirely sold on the premise of "Branch/Justin Timberlake is reuniting with his former Boy Band members! *NSYNC is reuniting for their first new song in decades!" Maybe it's just because my wife is a mega-fan and the Better Place song has been on constant loop in my house since the single dropped, but I really thought an *NSYNC reunion was the entire point of the movie.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

LMM's cringe personality, limited performance ability, and odious politics all distract from some genuine technical affinity for songwriting.

I finally got around to watching the latest season of Big Mouth today, and his song about a tween Puerto Rican boy wishing for his pubes to grow in was the highlight of the season.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The playsets were awesome, I had the shark one.

gently caress yeah, the shark one was the best, I think I had the skull one and the spider one too, but the shark fins that detached and became enemy ships or whatever were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

They've made him into such a harmless, inoffensive icon that it's easy to forget he used to be a real little poo poo

The Mikey Mouse Shorts of the last decade had him back to being a little poo poo again.