Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

multijoe posted:

Now would be be a good time to stock up on long life goods. There *probably* won't be food lines but after this year it really couldn't hurt

can't have food lines if there is no food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Junkozeyne posted:

They don't care about the votes otherwise they wouldn't have sabotaged their own party at every step during the Corbyn years. They just want to destroy the left in their own party at any cost.

obligatory reminder that the labour right were literally sabotaging labour's 2017 election campaign from the inside and were super sad when their own party made gains

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
brexit will never end. as our descendants pick through the rubble left behind the elders and priests will gather yearly to perform the ritual of extension so that the holy negotiations can continue forever

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
give it a couple of years and scotland can leave the uk by declaring that they've left and daring the remaining ten guys and a dinghy that constitutes the british armed forces to do something about it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
on the one hand that's a hilarious level of delusionally blaming your self-own on someone else, but on the other hand it should not be forgotten that germany and merkel are absolute trash garbage either

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
at this point one is p much forced to conclude that starmer is some kind of plant installed to kill off labour for good after the party proved itself unreliable to the ruling classes

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

as if there wasn't enough evidence that starmer is a plant under orders to completely destroy labour already

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the democrats absolutely despise their own voters too, they're just a little better at hiding it most of the time

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
look, the government put a team of their top racists on the job to determine if are britane is racist or not, so the results are obviously beyond reproach

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

toynbee is just A Chattering Class Person at this point, her analysis has been worthless for years. iirc she was heavily involved in the complete fiasco that was the SDP in her day - how she managed to leverage a total and cataclysmic failure into a lucrative and prestigious career remains a mystery

is it though?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i see that phil decided to take the final step into lichdom

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

upholding dipendra thought

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gonadic io posted:

Lose to whom though? They're very clearly going for the "what are you going to do, vote for a 3rd party?" strat that the dems used to *checks notes* great success?

or they could just sit home and not vote for the red tories

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

An insane mind posted:

What does Labour Realist even mean? They need to go further right to be viable or I voted for Starmer and I can't acknowledge I made a mistake.

hes a red tory, hth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PawParole posted:

why is this thread title england now?

just thinking ahead

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah, p dumb of blair to alienate all those voters

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
corbyn failed because he didn't have the will or the ability to purge the labour right and so was sabotaged internally

basically you need someone with the guts to actually throw the blairites and other assorted scumbags out for good

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

Honestly, the really baffling thing about the current Labour leadership is how they've actively and deliberately alienated their existing left-wing base, while completely failing to pick up new support from any other sector of the electorate. I keep watching their antics and asking myself: "where do they think they're going with this??"

It's so directionless that I can only assume that they're fighting like rats in a sack and Starmer's getting passively dragged one way, then the other and nothing's getting done.

the only rational explanation is that starmer & co are plants who are actively trying to destroy labour since it proved itself unreliable to the capitalist class by electing corbyn as leader

now i'm not ruling out irrational explanations for their behaviour, but it's still kinda funny to think about

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
look, keith starman is electable is you would just loving vote for him!!!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the best strategy would be to use this disaster to turf out keith and get in another actually left leader who has the will and guts to comprehensively purge the labour right and then rebuild the party from there

problem is i don't think they have anyone like that in the party

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm grateful that kerth starmo has once again shown that centrism is a waste and a mess

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

how do you blow this *this* loving bad holy poo poo the dems could only dream of bungling this bad

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1390692615339888640

is there any constituency left that keith hasn't managed to alienate by this point?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/willyakowicz/2021/04/20/president-biden-supports-states-right-to-legalize-cannabis/amp/

Full decriminalization at the Federal level and then states can regulate it on their own like they do with alcohol. Made the announcement on 4/20.

I live in a state where it will be fully legal for recreational use in about 60 days (Virginia).

Majority Leader Schumer also supports full legalization. “Treat it like alcohol” is the official Democratic position at this point.

Real Biden is definitely kicking the rear end of the make believe democrats that live in peoples heads.

holy poo poo you're a mark lmao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
ah yes, jess philips, that's who you want to turn things around

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol how does this poo poo just keep getting funnier?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ash Crimson posted:

It's not meant to be funny

neither is your face, and yet everybody's laughing

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Don't wheelchairs already have back support?

yea, i was gonna ask, if you're in a wheelchair then don't you already have somewhere to sit by definition?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

As mentioned, it's exclusively for preventing homeless people from sleeping there. It's a thing called Hostile Architecture and it exists in probably every major city (seating with cast iron hand guards, weirdly slanted benches, prominent iron studs, etc etc). Usually nobody but the most ghoulish right wingers admit to building it, but it gets put up all the same.

The egregious part is claiming you're doing it to support a marginalized group. People in the know see through the bald-faced lie, people who don't give a poo poo about the disadvantaged will be annoyed that money is being spent on it, and everyone else will go "uh, aren't wheelchairs already chairs?" I have no idea who the target audience here is.

this too is a type of liberalism

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

keith starmess is electable if the loving voters don't let him down

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the simple explanation is that the only constituency that kieth strammy actually appeals to are graun columnists and other assorted dunning-kruger poster children of their ilk and that's not really enough to win an election

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1393686216474861569

greens just tripled their vote share.

time for labour to move right.

how could jeremy corbyn do this to the most electable leader that labour's ever had???

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
kieth bawler

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

why are they doing it? honestly i expected them to drop it once they'd finally got rid of him as leader. what are they gaining from banging on about him now? :/

the more absurd the lie the harder you have to uncritically buy into it, and as such it's unsurprising that the less cunning shitlibs (i.e. most of them) actually start and keep believing their own propaganda even when it no longer makes any sense to do so

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
agreed, corbyn should have purged the labour right the first opportunity he got, but unfortunately he didn't

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

I think the only real opportunity he had to sort it was to make open selections pass at conference and he decided not to. Don't think a proper purge was doable otherwise. Labour is now facing a legal challenge as a result of expelling Corbyn for example

I suppose he could have enforced a three line whip on something and used that as an excuse the way Boris did

he had motherfuckers bringing the party into disrepute all the time so there definitely were ways to do it, but corbyn didn't want to because he was ultimately too much of a believer in the system to go ahead and do what needed to be done

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gotta protect your own i guess

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
its the dilemma of the graun journo, they've invested a hell of a lot of themselves into liking kieth but they also have to pretend that hes not a soulless monster so they don't have to feel bad about themselves for liking him

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

my ongoing exemption from race and sex discrimination laws raise questions already answered by my ongoing exemption from race and sex discrimination laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

you'd think that the eu would have wised up to this kinda poo poo by now