Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Hillary 2024 posted:

Wait, one of the morons has a better explanation, this is all Greta Thunberg's fault!

https://twitter.com/sophielouisecc/status/1496810074655838211

https://twitter.com/sophielouisecc/status/1496998915790495755?s=21

https://twitter.com/sophielouisecc/status/1496998917246013440?s=21

absolutely no correlation between their politics and their general attitudes ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Venomous posted:

butbutbut Burnham's too much of a *gasp* CORBYNISTA :byodood:

i’ll believe he’s a comrade when i loving see it. it’s very easy to make left wing noises when you’re mayor of manchester. although i guess london is similarly red and sadiq khan has made an art form out of doing and saying less than nothing

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Venomous posted:

I never said Burnham's a comrade, I said he's someone who the press would vilify as a Corbyn supporter

Corbyn was no comrade, after all, since he let dipshits like Kieth into his shadow cabinet and allowed the Labour right to undermine him at every opportunity

he really was just a very nice man :’)

sometimes you need an iron fist inside a velvet glove like stalin, mao or, uh, brown

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

I kind of admire Carrie tbh: she clearly has a long term plan and I don't think Johnson is going to be featuring in it.

you lose all sympathy in this regard the moment you involve a child, however generous the alimony is after he gets caught loving his secretary/the ubereats driver/a leftover bit of pork loin that you might mistake for a vagina if you’re really hammered

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Venomous posted:

Ah yes, the party with *checks notes* 6.09% of the vote and 7 seats in the Knesset are clearly role models for Kieth to aspire to

unironically yes - they absolutely love third way social democratic parties that literally every normal person hates

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

if they had such a problem with it they should have resigned rather than tweeting about it 5 years later

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

R. Mute posted:

https://twitter.com/TheGrayzoneNews/status/1534328122849607681

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1534451268541992962/photo/1

out of all the people to beef with, you chose aaron maté and max blumenthal, two of the biggest posters.

i met him while door knocking for labour and the mother fucker is like 5'6"..... explains a lot smdh

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

The Labour Left are 8 idiots over burdened with a romantic fantasy of a political party that never existed.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i learned how to cut an onion properly from this video back in the day

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

only one solution: war with europe

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i went on a first date with a girl the other day and she just said she’s going to this lmao

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Jose posted:

Make sure to go on a second date after to find out how it was before you break it off

i’m kind of hurt she didn’t invite me tbh. bring a bag or two of ketamine and i bet it would be a fun weekend dodging rod liddle’s baccy-stained pork scratching hands

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Oh good, the woman that thought that banning smoking in cars containing children was wrong because it infringed on freedom is environment secretary. Pump all the shite into the water you like boys, smell that freedom!

and decided to loosen up the rules around prescribing antibiotics because she hands out her spare ones to her friends and it's been fine

Private Speech posted:

Yeah I dunno why people think Sunak is a moderate. Maybe it's because of the whole minority thing?

He's a proper Tory nutjob.

he handed out a shitload of money during the pandemic which tbf i'm pretty sure everyone in the party would prefer the public forget as soon as possible

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Bryter posted:

You stand accused of both having a cat and pursuing a hobby while ranked Social Grade D, citizen, how do you plead?

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1686760961657520128

you can get misanthropic about this but it's really just a function of people regurgitating the right wing propaganda they're fed daily. the average person's 'beliefs' are largely inchoate with the main differentiating factor being 'is this happening to me, someone i know, or someone else?'

ask the average person for their qualitative opinion on the homeless for instance and watch them tie themselves up in knots trying to express the unspoken party line that homeless people must have done something to deserve it because if they didn't they wouldn't be homeless

jacksbrat posted:

Holy poo poo those numbers on Just Stop Oil. I thought there would be a bit more middle class kayfabe of "well their hearts are in the right place but their methods are misguided" but it's straight up almost half of respondents saying they're a force for bad.

again the result of a massively successful right wing propaganda campaign. if the non-logged-in youtube frontpage is anything to go by, mainstream news and social media is full to bursting with universally negative wailing about them. i think it really resonates with people because everyone is one step away from reactionary fuckwit when they get behind the wheel of a car. just pure lizard brained id with no conscious thought beyond WHY ARE THEY STOPPING ME FROM GETTING WHERE I NEED TO GO

Generic Monk has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Aug 5, 2023

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Woke lefty cancel culture students are in fact very lazy.

When I was at uni (during the H-block dirty protests so very very many moons ago), our college (it was a collegiate uni) president wanted to donate ALL the student union funds to the IRA. As hardly anyone ever turned up to union meetings he thought it would just waft on through (noone ever challenged that the meeting was inquorate until they wanted to wind up the meeting).
Someone found out though and practically the entire college turned out - a couple of thousand crammed in the gym - and voted it down.

i mean this guy sound a awesome; no notes

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Starbucks posted:

As someone who lived in Bristol with it mostly being 20MPH, it’s fine, you just need to consider the fact that you might not be able to overtake cyclists and that should be fine with people as they can’t overtake motorbikes and same thing.

being able to overtake cyclists in an incredibly unsafe manner that almost kills them is the bread and butter of the british motorist. why would you buy a bmw if you're not allowed to do this?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

is she the Ash Sakar doppelgänger? it was funny her interviewing naomi klein/wolfe (one of them, not sure which) that when she started she would be the only ethnic +- woman on talking panels and now there are a few black females all spouting right wing nonsense

ash is bengali iirc

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i say swears online posted:

oh my god

why did keith think that was a good idea

parody account but it’s real in all our hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i’ve met mason in person and he’s a manlet. must be like 5’5” if not smaller. absolutely no loving chance