Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Random encounters are just too inherently rude. Adding a little abstract blob representing potential fights roaming around is a way more polite way to keep random battles without it feeling like an annoyance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I have a hard time ever finishing any FF game. I started playing FFXV for a while, but then remembered I had already started FF7 like a year before so I started back on FF7. I'm somewheres in Disc 2 I think, hunting Weapons or something with my airship. I think I might finally beat ff7 for the first time this year if I remember to play it again. I got my gold chocobo, though, so I'm ready to bird up when I do.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I loved that one Nintendo FFT where after a while they'd have "judges" who would just arbitrarily impose some insane rear end restriction, or they'd appear to punish you or give some even worse penalty or something.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is your old one broke or are you like exclusively handheld Switchster?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

they probably just want the new animal crossing themed one

Oh, that makes sense. I just wish they'd picked anyone else to star on it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol Blizzard really

It's pretty nuts that the old executable from the ancient version still works just fine, but their new fangled attempt is such a mess. I wish they'd never even tried to reforge it, just should've added the to the Blizzard launcher.

Wonder if there's a Burbenog TD going on right now.

edit: Oh nevermind. The launcher for the old games tries to make you update some poo poo. Theyre retroactively making the original worse, lol

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 2, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

Except WC3 automatically updates to remastered even if you haven't bought it.

Unless you have a disc or just never connect to the launcher ever again, WE3 isn't playable.

I actually do still have my original discs, just gotta dig out my external cd drive and the box of old CDs... which means I guess I won't be doing it. I hadn't planned on getting remastered after seeing how it looked when revealed, but thought it'd be at least something to draw more people into the custom games pool. Instead they're driving em away.

They should've done Warcraft 1 or 2 Reforged instead, those games haven't aged well and could stand up for even a hack job update.

Unlock ur scroll wheel, close your eyes, and spin the wheel to reveal your Animal Crossing Soul Neighbor.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The only thing I care about during the Big Game is taking care of my Hungry Guys

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Two Point Hospital is pretty cool. I'm not sure how you can lose, but it's good at drawing you in for longer than you meant.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

You can totally fail if you can't get the early cashflow going, otherwise known as making the mistake on building diagnosis rooms instead of treatment rooms. That risk goes away once you can build rooms like Psychiatry and the Ward that pull double duty as diagnosis and treatment.

After the first couple hospitals, I realized I could pause time and just build the whole thing in one go. I burn a ton of money making every room 3+ prestige but still small, and I usually take out a couple of the loans to burn on even more staff and rooms. Seems to work out every time so far. A month or whatever of cashflow issues, then hospital picks up steam and I'm back in the black and oh god suddenly every GP office has a 8 person queue. vMY favourite part of the game, by far, is once the hospital is full of rooms and I got my three stars, jacking the gently caress out of everyone's pay, starting with the janitors and assistants. Do people talk about wages? One time I jacked one assistants pay all the way to max, just to see, and shortly after several other assistants became unsatisfied with their pay -- as they should be. I just curious if the game actually tracks relative wages or if it was just a coincidence.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The Last Of Us 2 to feature a hardcore QTE sex scene

https://twitter.com/DualShockers/status/1224097299212562432?s=20

Wow, Naughty Dog putting in the most demanded feature by Animal Crossing fans, before Nintendo even tells us whether or not they finally listened.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah it is worth noting that the ERSB is a total an absolute clownfuck shitshow that has no idea what they're doing.

Most people just assume they must be a reasonable entity, but in reality the ESRB is just 10 guys in an office in middle America who watch VHS tapes of video game content and then check some boxes on what they saw.

Even your joke is more effort than what they do in reality. They often never actually see a game's content, not even some goobers in an office. They just get reports of the content from the devs trying to get their poo poo rated.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Turok was the first game where I felt like I really collected the Triforces. But like, way too many.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the only playstation i have ever bought on purpose was the ps3 and it was exactly to play 2 games: Tokyo Jungle and Ni No Kuni.

Man, I still wish I had that poo poo. I still regret never even getting up to the cool big animals.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

lol animal crossing wont support cloud saves

nintendo has cloud saves? wow

is your whole account still locked permanently to your console lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

no they fixed that half way through the 3ds lifecycle, but if you bought stuff digitally and sold your 3ds before they moved purchases to your account you still lost them ask how i know and why the 3ds i rebought has no legal games on it

how do you know and why does the 3ds you rebought have no legal games on it?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yall remember going to the christian book store and they had a super nintendo game and you thought you'd have to save up for months of allowance to get it, but actually your dad just bought it because it was christian? noahs ark is the only version of wolfenstein ive ever played

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
declawing is hosed up. i just had my cat de-limbed so he's like a chubby hot dog cat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
did they pass a law saying videogame has to be good? becauses that is the only law its breaking ! ! !

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dogs can be anything, pitbulls was not one of our best ideas but in 100 years there wont be any of the same old types of dogs so whatever.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FFXV Royal Edition is on gamepass, I kind of want to play it but it's 135 GB

It's a really interesting game, but it's very much town between being two very different games, vaguely glued together by someone who heard of a final fantasy once and was kind of annoyed their boss keeps pushing it on their vision.

The most important thing to do is install the mods to turn your backstreet boys into goofy and stuff

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
poor shy guy, what have they done to you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How long would it take all those typewriter monkeys to come up with ahegao?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I'm horrified to discover how much of this song's lyrics I recall. I went out of my way to download this on napster, limewire, kazaa, I think I might still have an ancient mp3 on my dusty external harddrive backup in a box.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

speaking of games with fun combat i beat blasphemous

The weird part of that game was that combat was nice and satisfying but having to move around the map felt like you were on punishment.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is it just editing an ini file or something? I was actually enjoying the art and atmosphere a ton, but as an obsessive completionist in these kinds of games, I quit playing it because all of the back-back-back-tracking I did since actually moving was painfully unpleasant.

When I'm president of videogame, my first executive overreach will be to insert dash and double jump into all games. Even Tetris.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

precision posted:

Shadow of Mordor had a seriously boring map imo

Still a good game but like. drat that place was boring.

The sequel has more maps with more interesting designs. The first one was just the bog standard ubisoft open-world map template, but the second one they got some people who were more into engaging map making.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

precision posted:

Batman game combat is "different" but honestly it's one of the most fun, skillful, and badass fighting engines in recent memory

Technically learning to press the yellow button on your controller when the game shows a yellow mark on the screen is a skill but it's still just the one skill.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The best way to control the crowd is to press the matching coloured button at the right time.

I get what you're saying, and it actually applies to Middle Earth Shadows of War, since they give you the tools, and built the systems to make crowd control fun and intentional. In Batman it's just a simple matter of being overwhelmed slows down progress in finishing a combat encounter so sometimes you need to use a directional button to move outside the magnet-snap dancefloor for a moment.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

precision posted:

I'm not saying they're wrong for disliking it, I'm saying they're saying things that are, in actual fact, literally incorrect.

I'm not even a big stan for the Arkham games, I think they're just "pretty good" at best and two of them are mediocre or bad.

I liked Arkham City and Asylum a lot. My post about its combat was derogatory and reductionist to express that it wasn't impressive- so I don't know how that turned into a 2 page Amanda Show sketch about someone who takes all words literally. Yes, there are literally more mechanics than hitting prompt reaction, so what? You don't have to be charitable when taking shots at something you didn't think was so good.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Devil's third baby? Who r the other 2

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i remember playing jade empire coming off of playing ninja gaiden (black?) thinking it was going to be that in a kotor world and boy howdy was young cowcaster disappointed

How would it have been if you had just come off KotoR instead? I never got to play it, but was super hyped for it when it was in development. I thought it was cool that there was a class or skill to use improvised weapons, in my head it was like you could just grab random poo poo nearby and use it as well as a real weapon. I never ended up getting it or buying it later, vaguely remember people said it was "okay."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That was probably a big reason I never got it. Back then my computer had a really hard time with WoW. My friends saw it one time at a sleepover and I still get poo poo for it to this day.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i remember by refusing to commit to one love interest or the other i got to bang both in a three way, eat that witcher 3

yeah but did you get a card for the trouble?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is that the one that cam backlit? I wasnted that thing so much. All I had was some weird spiral worm light for my GBA

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Weedle posted:

yeah it had a built-in light (originally frontlit, then revised to backlit), rechargeable battery, and a clamshell design. it was the total package. it made the original gba look like a piece of poo poo (not unlike what the ds lite did to the ds)

The DS Lite has a pathetic hinge. I've come to own two DS Lites and both of them had that infuriating broken hinge that made me appreciate the much tankier DS phatty. Feature-wise, though, yeah, totally blew the DS up.

Gold Zelda 3DS is the best a handheld is going to get and even that behemoth was really pushing the limits of pocketability. At least it still protected it's own screen. The Switch is just like "scratch me daddy"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just played Pathfinder Kingmaker for two hours so far and I'm a little burnt out already. I've just now left the character creation screen and I'm already thinking it's time to restart or quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is there anyone even asking for Anthem to be good? They were never even clear on what kind of game they wanted to make or why it would be fun. The marketing and previews for that game were so baffling.