Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has there been any word on if this game will be voucher eligible? I've been sitting on my last one specifically for Animal Crossing and the lack of comment on the matter is starting to concern me slightly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Eshop has preorders up, voucher eligible. If you've been sitting on one for a while, now's the time!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

an owls casket posted:

I'll just note that if you're looking to get it digitally, Raise.com also has a deal going on right now for an extra seven percent off of certain gift cards, and eShop cards are one of them. They're legit, and if you haven't used them before I think you get an extra ten dollars off your first purchase.

Are we allowed to post referral links? Cause I have one for Raise

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Do you think they’ll be adding more preorders online at this point for the special Switch? :ohdear:

Given that apparently production of them was disrupted by Coronavirus...I think they'll be hard to find

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

prepuce repurposed posted:

did they mention AC amiibo cards?

Yep, they're used to invite specific animal pals to your campground.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I'm SUPER stoked that holidays and events will continue to be added via free DLC. I would think that by not having to have all of them done and in the game on Day 1, they will be able to have a lot more time to flesh them out so when they are released, it becomes kind of a big content update.

I think its more to just discourage time travelling to all the seasonal events right off the bat; i wouldn't get too hyped about the holiday events being greatly expanded

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm torn on if I want to invite some of my old favorites from New Leaf to my island or not. On the one hand, Anchovy is my buddy and I want to hang out with him. On the other...he won't remember all the fun stuff from New Leaf

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Please please kind goon kind goon I would love this adorable tag!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Violen posted:

Am I missing something about the first day? I thought things would roll over at midnight but nothing has changed at all. If it's sunrise or something then why the hell did it matter than my friend started 3 hours before midnight and I started 1 hour after and he got all his poo poo handled for him right away and I'm still stuck in the day one gutter. Blathers I'm going to kill you.

Day rollover is 5am local

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any way to tell which villager will move into which plot? I happened upon my favorite best buddy from new leaf on a mystery island, and I want to make sure he'll be next door to me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Drone posted:

Nook mentions if you read the sign in front of the house plot that it'll show who's scheduled to move in there.

So there's no way to tell before dropping the kit down, then? Guess I'll roll the dice!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Goobish posted:

That pelican guy is passed out on my beach but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with him? I managed to wake him up but that didn't trigger anything to my knowledge and now he's back to being passed out on my beach lol.

Keep taking to him. He's got something you can help him with

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

EclecticTastes posted:

By the time E3 rolls around, bringing with it the annual "slightly longer Nintendo Direct"

I've got some bad news for you

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've found some really simple furniture that I love...picked up an incense burner and two different styles of board game today

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I JUST noticed that the critterpedia has a little stamp for if you've donated something to the museum or not

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The only thing I still need for March is that drat stringfish. Does anyone have a spare? This must be like a 1% spawn rate

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

As far as i know you can't give away fish?

Wait really? I thought they were just like any other item

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If you mash A, the crafting animation is faster

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I have a mighty need for Orange Pants of some kind to accompany my X-Wing Pilot Jumpsuit shirt. Anyone have orange pants?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone have a spare DIY recipe for the Bunny Day wardrobe, table, or stool?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Tbh just wait for someone in thread to have a good price

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How are people trying to unload? It's still Sunday

Lotta time travelers out there

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Can visitors participate in the fishing tourney? My wife started her copy of the game later than me and doesn't have resident services up yet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm so pissed, I made the assumption that the reward would just be a gift of some kind and I sold off all my excess eggs yesterday in anticipation of needing bells for turnips today.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ChikoDemono posted:

Not sure if you're able to pick them up, but I dropped a bunch of extra eggs onto the ground.

6J682

Oh I managed to scrounge up everything I needed. But thanks!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LastGoodBoy posted:

From what I can tell, you will see the brown one and your island's native fruit variant.

The Orange box was in my shop today but my native fruit is peaches

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"It looks like someone's leaving" has become my favorite joke in the game. The translators really knocked it out of the park.

Could you imagine if it was Saharah *and* Celeste ontop of this on my island.

That said there's only 40 more minutes until closing. Good luck getting in folks!!

i got in! Even if I only get one of my two loads sold, this will be worth it!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Does fish bait attract sharks?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Soysaucebeast posted:

It does, yes.

Yeah, immediately after I posted one showed up. Still no luck with a saw shark though

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Soysaucebeast posted:

If it helps, they show up after 4pm and stay until 9am.

Yeah, there was a particularly angry bird outside my window this morning, so I was up and playing AC at like 6:30. Had a really productive day, there's only a handful of stuff I need to get

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Can you buy turnips from other islands? I was sleeping off a hangover and didn't realise that Captain Turnip left at midday, I'd really appreciate someone letting me come and grab at least an inventory's worth of turnips...

yep. Being able to buy and sell from other islands is what makes the stalk market flow

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a trick to getting villagers with fleas? Or is it just pure RNG?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone up for some brisk Sunday morning fossil swapping?

Have
LOTS OF BELLS
Stego Tail x2
Tricera Torso
Amber
Myllokunmingia x2
Mammoth Torso
Left quetzal wing

Need
Dinosaur Track

jivjov fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 14, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Propaniac posted:

I've got an iguanodon tail, you could give me one of your stego tails for it. Post or send me your dodo code and I'll bring it over? (Also if your nooks is selling rose or mum seeds, I'd like to stop there too)

I just got an iguanodon tail from a discord goon, but you can totally have one of the stego tails. Lemme check what seeds are in the shop

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Licarn posted:

I was about to say I have everything you need but the list disappeared :v:

So I do have Dinosaur Track if you still need it, gimme a dodo code and I'll come drop it off.

The only thing I need is to get rid of all these fossils.

Propaniac posted:

I've got an iguanodon tail, you could give me one of your stego tails for it. Post or send me your dodo code and I'll bring it over? (Also if your nooks is selling rose or mum seeds, I'd like to stop there too)

Dodo Code is: CLOSED

Propaniac, seeds in my shop are Rose, Lily, Pansy and the Stego tail is right outside the airport

jivjov fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 14, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks so much for the dino track! I now have a complete fossil section of the museum!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Ah, that explains why i lost mine when I had to rebuy my avatar yesterday

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Nets and rods are prevented from breaking during a Bug-Off or fishing tourney. Don't catch anything in the last 10 seconds or so and go straight into another round and your tool will last forever

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Macaluso posted:

My net broke on the last bug I caught during one of my rounds. They'll still break but I don't think they'll break as long as the clock is ticking

edit: I guess that's more or less what you said

Yeah, I didn't explain it super well. The net is immortal for the duration of the Bug-Off, and the check for "should this break" occurs after the catching animation. So catching something in the last handful of seconds places that break check after the timer has expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Are cicada shells on trees? Or do you shake them like with bagworms or spiders?