Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I got a gothic lolita sheep and a chicken called Goose who gave me an ugly hat and was stoked to see me wear it, this is a good day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I got my former ACNL dream villager Hugh on my second island adventure :woop: He's a blue piggy and he has my birthday :3:

Then I bumped into another pig almost straight away. Wasn't planning on making the island as piggy as Cleyra used to be, but I guess it's inevitable

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Can't find a stringfish :(

It's the rivers on the higher tiers, right? The pool at the beginning included?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

shortspecialbus posted:

Only 4pm-9pm but yes.

Yeah I'm in England so it's the right time for them. Only til 9pm? That's annoying. My town only has a tiny bit of hilltop river.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples posted:

Yeah I'm in England so it's the right time for them. Only til 9pm? That's annoying. My town only has a tiny bit of hilltop river.

Can confirm stringfish are til 9 am. Almost didn't go for that big shadow in the river, good thing I did

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

EclecticTastes posted:

Similarly, I've yet to find a conclusive answer on whether the second tier of the island *also* counts as "clifftop" or if it *has* to be the third tier if I want to catch a Stringfish. While I'm posting, is there any way to make fish bait faster?

The second tier is clifftop, I caught a stringfish below the waterfall there yesterday.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Solemn Secularity posted:

Coming from New Leaf, I gotta say I really appreciate how weird the villagers are. I have this chicken who was aggressively dusting everything and avoiding eye contact when I visited her house, and I have Bam who is just a lot stranger than before. Gave me a jungle floor because he saw it in a dehydration vision. I love this dumb chill game.

I followed Goose, without a net, following a butterfly around for like 5 minutes :3:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

dividertabs posted:

I've invited 2 new villagers. Can I build 2 houses without any risk of uggos moving in?

No, seems like it's always 3, so go find someone cute if you're worried

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Mega64 posted:

So one of my new neighbors is Nate.

I like Nate.

Nate is a bit eccentric, but that's what makes him so charming.

Nate also loves bugs.

Maybe a little too much.

But I'm glad Nate is here all the same.

Haaa my bff Hugh is like this too, I love lazy villagers so much this game. In NL I favoured smugs, I haven't met one yet in NH, hope they're just as good

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Waffle! posted:

So far the only villager I've found cool enough to invite over is Coco, the rabbit that looks like she's made of ginger bread or something. I haven't talked to Nook about building three houses yet though.

She's a gyroid bunny and I love her creepy empty face, you're so lucky. She was one of my best pals in NL. Actually she's still there but I can never go back to NL because of how all my friends berate me for disappearing :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I don't think Goose is coping well with island life. He hasn't left his house in three days, just stands at his workbench hammering away. Can animals have depression? He keeps giving me recipes though which is nice

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I just bought Rasher and Chops amiibo cards. My town doesn't feel right without my two best pals. I'm leaving everything else to chance though especially as Gala costs like £8, gently caress that

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Wow, it's raining in Alexandria for the first time since day 2 and within 10 minutes I had my coelacanth. Sweet!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

DuhSal posted:

When does Mabel typically show up? She hasn't appeared on my island yet.

Just showed up first time for me today on day 6

No Flik or Chip yet :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I really like the 12pm music

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Hugh does yoga on my plaza every morning :3: I love him so much

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My campsite smug is a really unexciting frog. Henry. He's... just a frog. He seems nice though.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Montalvo posted:

It is! You can just catch it later when it comes back in season. I can never be bothered to hunt for all the fish and insects each months; it’s far too unchill.

My mandatory camper was Marshall. He seems like kind of a tool, I’ll be shipping him out ASAP.

He's like the most popular villager. You could sell him probably

I had him in NL, he's pretty cute.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Do you have to have basically zero weeds to get the star rating up? I weeded a whole lot of them but like the way they look :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Do fossils have staggered rarity or are they random, bc if the latter then I am getting a loving lot of anomalocarises

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Every day since I got the museum, I've only gotten 1 new fossil and 3 dupe fossils among my daily 4

Really? I've definitely had days where I've handed in two or three new ones. Did you donate a whole bunch on museum day 1?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Kiwillian posted:

I have Kicks in the town square selling some slippers, clogs, compression tights(?), socks, handbags and backpacks if anyone want to check it out.

Dodo code: JSWXX

Note that the bags do not increase inventory, they're just cosmetic. There's also some fruit around on trees. Would love any seeds you could bring :)

Oh I'm so happy Kicks is back :3: I assume this is post-Able shop?

EZgrease posted:

Had my first camper visit so I went to say hi. They immediately wanted to move in and I had no option to say no. Nook asked me to build a house, so I waited a day to see if the request would pass but nope. Camper is there forever until you build them a house apparently. That is extremely annoying.

Yeah no it's always (?) a smug villager and you're still in the tutorial, gotta take 'em. If it was Chops you're a loving fool but then I haven't yet seen my favourite best friend so he might not even be in the game :ohdear:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I found a new villager! I never heard of him before, his name's Crackle and he's kind of an ugly lazy pig, but I love pigs so welcome to my island, friend. Even though I already have the best lazy pig and his name is Hugh.

e: He's called Spork in other regions! Huh fancy that

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 31, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

someone awful. posted:

If you place a house plot and don't accept anyone from an island, will it stay open until you find somebody, or will someone randomly move in the next day?

I think it'll be claimed by the next day

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Can you still ask villagers in other towns to come to you, if they're in boxes?

Because if so if anyone has any pigs going I'm there

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I got the miles for catching 5 wasps today, it's not all 5 in one day, it's 5 in a row :) I caught like 3 yesterday and then two today

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Do villagers still ask you to change their catchphrase or their nicknames for you? I've had nothing of that so far, when they ping me it's always for reactions (rip that weird guy who I fed fruit to) or to give me stuff.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bell_ posted:

Because there's so many random possibilities for villagers, is it worth picking a villager on a nook island with the intention of trading them away? I found Zucker. I have no feelings about this guy, already have Octavian, but as consisting picking him up anyways.

Why do so many people have this amazing takoyaki octopus?!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Your Computer posted:

it has to be 5 on the same day

specifically, there will always be 5 randomly placed wasps per day on your island and if you shake them out and catch all of them you get the reward :v:

No it doesn't, I got it the other day after catching 2 wasps that day and 3 the day before

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Your Computer posted:

are you sure you didn't catch wasps on islands (thanks RCarr I didn't know about this!)? I had pretty much never been stung by a wasp and I only got the achievement after specifically catching 5 on the same day, and any info I can find on it backs this up.

I hadn't been to an island, I shook two trees, caught two wasps and got the achievement, so I dunno.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Wish I had Pietro :( I got a boring frog for my mandatory smug.

Although I got ugly boy Rasher moving in once I invite him to camp one more time. Ugly villagers are underrated.

Boring frog Henry did ask me to do my first treasure hunt today though so I don't hate him. My KK concert is tomorrow. Two smugs, two lazies, a normal, an uchi, a peppy, a jock, and soon a cranky. Just need a snooty. Always liked snooties more than uchis but clearly crankies and lazies are the best. They really made lazies super cute in this, Hugh just keeps coming out with amazing things that make me love him more :3:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Poque posted:

Player 2 can indeed terraform. All 5 wasps need to be done in the same day. My will be done

I had like 50,000 nook miles so my partner opened up our last villager plot this morning and I spent hours trying to find one of a few villagers that we were interested in.

Rejected villagers:
Biff
Hippeux the horrible trump hippo
Papi
Raddle
Pashmina
Apollo
Hippeux again like a loving bad dream
Marina
Winnie
Coco the cursed rabbit golem
Boyd
Alli
Cashmere
Rooney
Greta
Cranston
Soleil

Then finally I got a villager with my irl name so he was a must-add

Wow Marina and Coco are two of the most wanted, you hosed up rejecting those two. They're also both really good, I've never had Marina but had Coco in NL and she's a sweetheart. I hope in the future you get Hippeaux as a random :mad:

e: was your villager irl name Jay bc that's my name and I was stoked in NL to get that dumb jock bird, it'd be good to see him again in this one

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 4, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Poque posted:

Marina is normal and we annoyingly already have two of them. Coco is an absolute hell nightmare and I reject her existence entirely

Coco's normal too but she is wonderful also normal villagers are the sweetest, three is not too many normals unless you really like... uh... uchis? I can't think of a bad villager type but i never get on well with uchis

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I had Flick yesterday for the first time and am still hunting a tarantula. Made enough money off that cute lizard from moths and tiger beetles to pay off a bridge immediately. Not what I wanted, but he can come back any time :allears:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
What size silhouette are the snapping turtles?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Got my KK concert tomorrow, can't wait to make him do Go KK Rider :dance:

A Long Way Down posted:

The one I caught looked like the biggest one

Thank you!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

GI_Clutch posted:

I think people are overreacting a bit in some regards. You'd think it was the last day to catch a number of fish, but nope. It was the very first day for fish that will be around for months and people were freaking out that they couldn't knock them all out on the first day. This game should be chill, not a race. There's plenty of time to catch those fish.

For me it's because I really want the cherry blossom things and having egg balloons spawning every minute across the island makes me more likely to miss the real ones. And it's harder to catch fish for money. It's not awful otherwise.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I don't have online so I think the worst shame is that I can't get pears or peaches or various flowers without paying money. I mean I'll get it eventually because I can afford it, but it really doesn't seem fair to gate basic things like fruits and flowers behind payment

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

The White Dragon posted:

my random smug was keaton, who is an a-class villager at least. my random 4th and 5th however must be removed

Who'd ya get? I grew to love my weirdo first two so surely you can love your guys

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't remember, I know there's a low probability of finding a different fruit on Nook islands, but is it limited to just one alternate? Online's a good deal in general since it's cheap, but it seems weird to not have at least some way to eventually collect more of the other varieties without it.

I've only ever found cherries on islands, and then only once or twice :( And I've never seen roses or mums so I don't know how that works. I'm sure it'll be a thing later, but it sucks to wait. Again I can afford online so it's by my choosing but I'm sure others aren't in the same position, it feels strange to be so restrictive.

e: the switch belongs to my partner who isn't playing the game but wants to. everything online asks me to link my own nintendo profile, which will be permanently assigned to this console. I have a nintendo account but don't want to link it if it locks my partner out of other things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

homeless snail posted:

grass shapes (i think they got rid of these in NH though? hosed up)

Did they? I have triangles, does everyone else also have triangles?