Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FirstAidKite posted:

that dragon ball z fusions game

According to my friend who is an expert on DBZ stuff, Fusions, like 99% of DBZ games, is not necessarily Good but it is at least a Fun one. YMMV if you're not a DBZ superfan tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Still not the most ridiculous Kickstarter video game failure this week.

What is it?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

al-azad posted:

Really I'm more impressed by the Riddler who has built city-sized infrastructure unknown to literally everyone but I guess that has always been his shtick since the awesome minotaur maze episode of Batman animated.

:actually: he didn't build that. It was an existing attraction that he hijacked for his own purposes.

Though while we're on the subject, reminder that BTAS Riddler was a game developer who got the rights to his game swindled away from him and then ousted from the company, never getting a cent from the smash hit he created. :eyepop:

Help Im Alive posted:

and batman is allowed infinite tries

The justification for the Riddler races is that they're giving him valuable data on the batmobile, so infinite tries isn't that weird.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 4, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I have no strong feelings about the Amnesia games, but I came to strongly dislike the hardcore contingent who insisted that the only possible way for a horror game to actually be scary and "count" as horror was to follow its design cues. IE, if the protagonist can hold a gun and/or you can look at the monsters without the screen becoming an ugly vaseline-smeared mess then it's bad and not scary and probably for normies.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I loaded up Age of Wonders Planetfall, looked at the factions and the tech tree and immediately got bored and bailed lol. I would probably rather go back to Endless Space 2 or Stellaris

"Food Production I" what kind of basic-rear end glossed over malarkey is that

If your 4X / grand strategy game doesn't have a coherent theory of political change or ideological model I honestly don't want to even look at it in 2020

The secret is that Planetfall isn't a 4X or a grand strategy game at all. It's 95% tactical battles and then the other 5% of the time you click a "make this town gooder at stuff" button before going back to more battles.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hate the Elder Scrolls so much, do not understand how it has become one of the most popular franchises of all time, and automatically downgrade my opinion of anyone who likes Oblivion or Skyrim

They have taken all the oxygen in the room when it comes to CRPGs

Oblivion and Skyrim represent the same kind of comfy, generic fantasy wish-fulfillment as D&D does in the tabletop space. Is D&D the best possible system it can be, with the best lore and the best characters? gently caress no. But if you just want to hang out with your pals and do some dungeon crawling with relative ease, you're probably gonna be playing D&D to do it because it's a system everyone knows to some extent and it's generic enough to let you get away with whatever. Elder Scrolls is that same sort of casual fun but in the CRPG space.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I beat Dark Souls.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Gripweed posted:

You guys are all, "I'm gonna play Doom during the quarantine!" or "I'm gonna play some long RPG while I'm stuck indoors!"

I'm gonna spend my self isolation playing Ring Fit Adventure, and when the virus is gone and we all emerge into the after-times, I will rule the wasteland with my fantastic physique.

Physique alone means nothing in the wasteland. You also need punked-out bondage gear.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

PantsBandit posted:

I also think the things that Team Ninja tends to focus on wrt to making fights feel and look good aren't the same as FROM.

Nonsense, both games are in the very coherent and not at all over-broad Soulslike genre, therefore they can be compared 1:1.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When did everyone start talking about simps

I think it's the new cuck, op

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

I said come in! posted:

If I am going for efficiency on my island, is there a reason to have some trees that don't grow fruit over those that do? In New Leaf the answer was no, but now that trees give craftable materials, I am wondering if it's different this time?

From the little bit of the game I've seen, fruit trees give wood like a normal tree, so that's probably fine to do.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Relax Or DIE posted:

speaking of takes, has anyone tried the sekiro randomizer? i can't imagine the item randomizer matters too much since the loot was mostly vestigal, but the enemy one might give you some interesting situations

since the power curve for your character felt a bit flatter than their previous games, if you're the type to use a randomizer i'm not sure how much boss/enemy order would matter to you

I had the exact same thought. I guess scrambling items means the key items get hidden in the world somewhere for you to hunt down, forcing you into more wacky situations, but beyond that the only thing I can imagine is it mucking with how easy it is to unlock new prosthetics.

My favorite part of DSR is watching someone having to make do with a weird set of gear, which Sekiro completely lacks, so I haven't even bothered to watch any runs. (And honestly like 60% of DSR runs are boring too for one reason or another.)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FirstAidKite posted:

Also nice would be if they had a dedicated gyroid section that let you turn them all on so you can hear all the sounds all at once

According to data mining, that's in the cards once gyroids are in.

Back in the day I had to make do by stuffing every one I found into the basement, and like hell could I even begin to attempt to organize them satisfactorily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I like all of the superficial elements of Sunshine (even Fludd) but the execution of those elements largely sucked.