Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

social distancing and mandatory closures are becoming a partisan issue

death cult USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

if coronavirus was on the ballot I wouldn't bet against it, it's clearly catching on with key voter demographics

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Spime Wrangler posted:

cascadia fault lookin juicy rn

if The Big One hits I will die assuming we are in a simulation of SIm City with someone hitting all the disasters at once

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I'm assuming Yellowstone popping off would legitimately be the end of North America, right?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It'd be the end of humanity, too.

oh cool good to know, and think about now, constantly

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

should I be making an offer on a house right now y/n

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

How's your mortgage rate?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

(politics?)

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

my alcoholic chud uncle, who is perfectly nestled within the highest risk categories, has spent all day complaining on Facebook about people staying at home and killing the local businesses

he so badly wants to go to his bar and get drunk tomorrow for 10 hours

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Venom Snake posted:

I'm reading a chinese handbook on how prevent coronavirus transmission from one of their wards that recorded 0 tranmissions between staff and patients and yeah no, the american century is over

america couldn't even make the full century

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the chuddier parts of my family have some correct diagnoses ("my boss is as a loving criminal for trying to mess with my hours," "the bank is screwing me over cause I've got not other options," "why's everything so cheap and falls apart, let's make it better here at home I'll pay more") but absolutely horrendous conclusions about those diagnoses that include the wall, free markets etc.

my liberal relatives live in a complete make believe world and have no convictions moment to moment

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Historians are going to talk about the British Empire and make offhanded remarks about how in its last half century it was actually ruled by one of the colonies

there will be a section of the "american moment" in textbooks akin to the Mongol empire

the accompanying pictures of that section will be map of the fifty states, 9/11, and Donald J. Trump grinning like a loving idiot giving a thumbs up

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Gripweed posted:

Did we ever reach a decision on whether or not it was OK to wish for a politician to die of coronavirus?

depends on your agenda

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the Palm Sunday service was always one of my faves as a kid, sad to see it be another giant transmission vector all over the US

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Serf posted:

i assume vampirism is still on the table

good luck inviting one inside, tho

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Serf posted:

i think they're immune to disease, so there's that. never been a better time to join the legion of the night imo

with my luck it'll be the Nosferatu and I'll be living in the sewers forever

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

simmer down on that bloodlust! decorum must be maintained!!!!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

gently caress I made sweet potato chili and it is too drat spicy!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Rah! posted:

impossible

birds can't taste spicy things!!! you are not cursed with the delicious burn!!!!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

saints gambit posted:

Look, I'm prepared to let meat and beans go, but I think you're taking the piss, mate.

sweet potatoes AND black beans.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

upgunned shitpost posted:

you'd figure 10 downing would have a crazy surgical theatre in the basement where they'd do phrenology and weird mason sex-stuff back in victorian times

bring back those big lecture-hall glass dome surgeries but only for procedures done on the rich and powerful

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

holy poo poo the nursing home near my parents has over 40 cases of the roni now and they are reclassifying a bunch of deaths as coronavirus deaths after the local news got wind of it

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

The Alpha Centauri posted:

this makes me want to watch v for vendetta again and then i remember that v for vendetta was kind of "meh"

I remember liking it originally then hating everything about its cultural footprint - does it merit a rewatch?

cspam weigh in

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Aren't we just gonna plateau with the limited testing and then see deaths spike until they stop reporting

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

CT schools closed until 5/20 at the earliest while a parents Facebook group is so desperate to get their kids out of the god damned house

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

oxsnard posted:

I'm ready to murder both of my kids ama

are ya ready for social isolation summer break?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

shovelbum posted:

how much do grade school kids understand about this

the teens who get to leave their house have all successfully found places to congregate and grow more feral and unsupervised

the beaches are closed but they correctly identified that you can go to that state forest campgrounds on bikes and drink in the woods

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

shovelbum posted:

if the kids are going about freely that means that all the lockdown poo poo is having approx 0 impact lmao

oh 100%

highly recommend joining your local parent Facebook group if you can find one btw to see the chaos unfold

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

shovelbum posted:

so is there any reason to social distance or should I just be drinking in the woods lmao

the time to start drinking in the woods has long past

if they cancel school for the rest of the year I'm getting gone

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

absolute genius

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

twoday posted:

"US virologist Robert Gallo of the Institute of Human Virology in Maryland has confirmed he is working with a team who will make an announcement shortly that will have “a major effect” on global efforts to tackle Covid-19."

This was the scientist who discovered that HIV causes AIDS, and he was on CNN the other day talking about "an existing vaccine" that could help, and that there would be an announcement soon

twoday for HHS Secretary

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

so uh

it sounds like being tubed up in an ICU is basically purgatory

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Bert Roberge posted:

This is why they give you fentanyl when they tube you up.

*record scratch*

hmmm...maybe let's start talking about the pros AND cons of this crisis

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Over Easy posted:

I also agree 100% with dissolving Nashville

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

pretty sure I never got BCG

quick, should I start blasting cigs?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

twoday posted:

no, there is no evidence which suggests that starting smoking is good

drat, better remove this comical amount of smokes from my mouth

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

when did the swedes become more death cult than the US?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

twoday posted:

have you ever listened to any swedish music?

...surely they don't listen to that all the time

right???

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

walk report: miserable weather, just people out with dogs

local senior center is extremely quiet, almost suspiciously so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE