Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Now see, to me that's :unsmith:. At least the French are helping out, you think they're putting American victims in hotels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I've got a toothache today and my dentist sent an email yesterday saying their office is closed until May lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

LimburgLimbo posted:

What country is this?

I think the US is the only country where it's even possible

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Why is there what appears to be a suburban subdivision immediately next to the core downtown area. Is this a Sim City game?

Nope that's just Texas, where there is no such thing as "zoning"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/evanrosskatz/status/1245377950213648384?s=20

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i use anasazibeans.com and order burlap sacks full

others were on about some even more expensive california bean that come in tiny amounts

that's rancho gordo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
So our warehouse has been shipping for the last two weeks because the CEO decided that we qualified as essential (we definitely aren't) and today I found out that most of our senior management believe it's either a hoax or a Chinese bioweapon

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this person is an idiot saying that the doctors in italy who had no choice but to give ventilators to younger, healthier people when they ran out is eugenics.

That's exceptionally dumb considering the whole point of eugenics is eliminating traits from the gene pool and the elderly who don't already have are most certainly not going to start now

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

poty posted:

if its a bioweapon wouldnt you take it very seriously like its designed to kill

Hey man I'm not the one with the brain spiders, I think it's incredibly stupid as well

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

twoday posted:

which could be in a sense true, if it turns out that the blood of African migrants is more likely to contain an effective vaccine

unfortunately this rumor made its way to the US, where this would not be the case, and belief in such an idea would have negative consequences

See, for example, Milwaukee where the black infection rate is 4 times that of whites and where the demographic with the most cases is middle aged black men

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Jon Irenicus posted:

should I be making an offer on a house right now y/n

Unless you have perfect credit probably not, mortgage processors are starting to deny applications for anyone with a credit score under 780

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol yeah I love that it's up to the businesses to claim they're essential. I work in the steel industry and we definitely aren't building hospitals or anything that could be remotely considered "essential" during this crisis but our office just handed out little laminated cards to everyone with our names on them claiming that we are deemed essential and can ignore any future quarantines.

I mean, it's not such a big deal from me because my direct supervisor isn't a loving moron and he's put our team on wfh, but no one can convince the chuds at the top to do the same for the warehouse

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

listen you maroon do yuo think I just land near the landlord and pay the rent??

well you are the landlord so

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

shovelbum posted:

Love these posts, sounds like truly mild cases are a myth or from bcg or something lmao we're hosed

isn't it just that the truly mild cases don't get admitted?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Homeless Friend posted:

loving lol I just talked to somebody whose going on the USS Mercy. No active testing of inflow, they're being told to bring two weeks of clothing and will be locked into the wards/rooms or w/e for that duration. Where members have their areas and they can't travel around. They didn't mention any ppe and said they'd have to wash clothes in sinks lmfao.

lmao they should really let a media outlet know because that is genuinely funny

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

FizFashizzle posted:

lol why did squizzle just get perma'd

check today's date

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
trump just said a scarf was better than an n95

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
he's trumping pretty hard right now, a reported asked him about increased domestic violence and trump said, i think the opposite is happening

like, literally in those words

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Plank Walker posted:

a 311 is still a big deal

Not for nearly 20 years now

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245701859697967105?s=19

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

That's two words mikey

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Haha my chud CEO found out my boss put our team on remote work and he flipped out

Starting Monday I have to go back to the office

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Charlz Guybon posted:

What state are you in?

California but the CEO has classified us as essential so we don't have to close the warehouse

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Siljmonster posted:

Haha no you don't seriously cough on the CEO or just kill him

I would but he's been working remote for the last month!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Too many narcs in the office if I tried to keep working from home it's guaranteed that I'd get ratted out

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

eric ciaramella posted:

how much stricter can you be than Stay At Home?

Have you seen Florida's list of exemptions? It would have been faster for them to write out the businesses that are not essential

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lpzie posted:

stay in bed ordered by wife. penalty is death. im not even sick wtf....

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
More likely kushner is holding the stockpile until.he finds a way to directly profit from it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Yeah my company is actually taking a step back on distancing by pulling all the wfh people back to the building

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Zyme posted:

can you even imagine how many times that birx chick has had to vocalize the spelling of her last name? just a nonsense collection of letters

Easier than Hans blix

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

This is such a ridiculously wide acceptance of extremely hateful lovely people lmao. Coeur d'Alene republicans are the good ones?? Have ya'll even been to these lovely places or are you just regurgitating poo poo

Yeah lmao it's skewed by people like Mike Lee and Gary Johnson but there are some genuinely awful people in every single one of those congressional delegations

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Hibajubwa posted:

I work for a medical equipment/supplies company.

Want to know why the US is hosed?

Because *ALL* of our incoming PPE shipments are currently being seized by customs.

Millions of dollars of PPE... entirely stopped from getting to where it needs to be.

So what happens? Well, now we’re just fulfilling international orders because we literally can’t bring supplies to the US.

lol we’re so hosed guys

Lol that owns

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Justin Tyme posted:

The government siezing medical supplies to shunt off to their frat bro wholesalers to force the states into bidding wars is secession-worthy and historically criminal, holy poo poo

You'd think, and yet

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Two anchors at CNN getting it strongly implies that it was brought in by someone who wasn't allowed to self quarantine, probably a makeup person

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

evictions theoretically start next week, poo poo really gonna hit the fan then

April gonna be week after week of "it keeps getting worse huh"

Next week won't be so bad, it's the July one when everyone who got a moratorium on rent can't pay 3 months at once when things will really pop off

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

AnoHito posted:

That was one of my favorite beers :smith:

:whitewater: never drink beer that comes in clear bottles

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

gregday posted:

holy poo poo the US is going to go from 100k -> 300k in a week

praise satan for exponential growth

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rah! posted:

its been just over three weeks now

its extra frustrating because i keep having stretches of 1-4 days where i think i'm getting progressively better, and then it all comes back again, sometimes worse than ever before.

corowneda virus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mod sassinator posted:

military having an extremely normal one right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPCx4xP6Sos

Like all these soldier are cheering for president Trump's brave decision to removal a horrible no good traitor from his position, right? Right????

LMAO will the military survive the weekend?

opposite, they're cheering the captain who was fired for trying to protect him

but either way, not a good sign especially once all those sailors' families get evicted