Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Throatwarbler posted:

(IL6? I don't know what any of these mean)

Specifications (Il-6 1944)

Data from OKB Ilyushin: A History of the Design Bureau and its Aircraft

General characteristics

Crew: 5

Length: 17.38 m (57 ft 0 in)

Wingspan: 26.07 m (85 ft 6 in)

Wing area: 84.8 m2 (913 sq ft)

Aspect ratio: 8

Empty weight: 11,930 kg (26,301 lb)

Gross weight: 16,100 kg (35,494 lb)

Max takeoff weight: 19,600 kg (43,211 lb)

Powerplant: 2 × Charomskiy ACh-30BF (M-30) V-12 liquid-cooled diesel piston engines, 1,400 kW (1,900 hp) each

Propellers: 3-bladed constant-speed propellers

Performance

Maximum speed: 400 km/h (250 mph, 220 kn) at sea level

464 km/h (288 mph; 251 kn) at rated altitude (6,200 m (20,341 ft)

Landing speed: 139 km/h (86 mph; 75 kn)

Cruise speed: 340 km/h (210 mph, 180 kn)

Range: 5,450 km (3,390 mi, 2,940 nmi) at 340 km/h (210 mph; 180 kn) (with 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) bomb load) at 18,150 kg (40,014 lb) AUW

Service ceiling: 7,000 m (23,000 ft)

Rate of climb: 2.9 m/s (570 ft/min)

Time to altitude: 5,000 m (16,404 ft) in 28 minutes 42 seconds

Take-off run: 730 m (2,395 ft)

Armament

Guns: 5× 20 mm (0.79 in) ShVAK Sh-20 cannon in a dorsal turret, and flexible mountings at the nose, beam and ventral positions.

Bombs: normal 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) ; maximum 4,500 kg (9,921 lb)

2,500 kg (5,512 lb) of bombs, maximum, internally

plus

2 × 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) bombs on external racks

or

2 × 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) torpedoes on external racks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1245100060020551681?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

D1E posted:

loving LOL.

The people have absolutely no capability to think and plan ahead.

And they're in charge of the federal government.

I can't wait for them to line out 30 days and change it to 45.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao that 6.5 quake was hundreds of miles from Yellowstone

like literally a 6 hour drive

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://youtu.be/uzk1uqxpfoY

I'm the guy on the mic and so are y'all

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

marmot25 posted:

van de muerto

sorry did you say van de mierda

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol my goon have you heard about madagascar

they've been having regular plague outbreaks and they've had more people die each time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sardonik posted:

OH gently caress THE VIRUS GOT TO THE TRACKER:

ITS LEARNING :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

remember that part from the andromeda strain where it started dissolving rubber

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Doc Fission posted:

as someone who grew up in Florida, RIP in hell Florida

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gripweed posted:

20M dead in the US is an absurd prediction and you're dumb for believing in it.

Yeah 70 million is way more reasonable

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:sickos:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Schmoe Cwead posted:

elon musk: here have some ventilators because i am a selfless billionaire who thinks of others before himself

also elon: GOT U!! APRIL FOOLS!!! THEY ARENT VENTILATORS AT ALL! LMAO I AM ACTUALLY A PARASITE ON SOCIETY I GOT U SO GOOD LOOOOOL

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol the property holders in this country would never let that happen

they can sit on empty property until they die then

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dang :rip: squizzle, went at the king and missed

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

is that contractor named Acronym by any chance lol

no it was radium

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shovelbum posted:

Yeah the norm is 6 this is 1 in 5 if you're like a college athlete

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GOD IS BED posted:

Had a couple customers roll their eyes at my facemask today. One of them told me that Rush Limbaugh says the recovered cases are very high, so it's all overblown! Retail has always sucked, but it's even worse knowing every one of these dipshits could be the one to infect me.

cough in response

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nah this one's better because the roni hasn't swept DC yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq_NVi-TC4

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bulgakov posted:

i dunno :negative:

if it prevents a buncha the common pneumonia infections that pop up as a secondary problem it seems like theres some sense?? i dunno1!!

no because pneumonia is a symptom/condition of an infection, not an infection of its own

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

same. I'm down 25 pounds since last September. combination of stress and cooking at home.

I'm down like 10 lbs in the past 3 weeks because I've been working from home full time meaning I'm skipping lunch and since I don't have to deal with a commute anymore I'm not drinking my way through a bottle of bourbon every 3-4 days to unclench my jaw after traffic

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeno-25 posted:

Your waistline is lucky if you don't find relief in the reliable numbing that alcohol provides tbh

Ativan and having dealt with far worse poo poo in a prior job is my secret. Hell the Ativan I barely ever need so when I do take it, it hits like a ton of bricks and I'm just fine with everything.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BeefThief posted:

instead of doing anything, we bought body bags.

while you studied pandemics I dismantled regulatory structures

while you maintained close ties to public health systems around the world, I created a global asset bubble through lax monetary policy

now that your brain is on fire and your lungs are flooded, :sniff:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mourne posted:

how the hell did you get your hands on an Ativan script?

Unless you're asking specifically how I got the name brand rather than the generic, I've had it (lorazepam) for like a decade, general anxiety stuff that I used to take wellbutrin for but after a while I asked to go off the wellbutrin to see if it was something that could be dealt with on an as-needed basis and the Ativan was the result. On average I need to take maybe 1-2 a week, so a 30-count refill lasts like 4-6 months.

Since most of what caused the anxiety was traffic and crying kids, I've been absurdly chill the past few weeks.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BeefThief posted:

yeah isn't a cpap in the hospital and observation better than nothing and dying at home surrounded by your mortally sickened family

no because putting a cpap on a covid patient is going to hose the entire area down with virus-loaded aerosols thereby potentially infecting a fuckload of medical providers instead of just your terrible relatives

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

not all drone pilots are jewish though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Brian Kemp is dumb as gently caress and we absolutely knew that (dumb as gently caress or asymptomatic contagion, both are accurate) well before the last 24h

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

euphronius posted:

lamo that is a real qoute

yes

there are better ones too where he's like "AMERICA MAKES THOUSANDS OF TRAINS AND GUNS WHILE YOU INBRED TOOTHLESS FUCKERS CANT EVEN MAKE SHOES FOR YOURSELVES"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol the marines have an air force which is probably where they got this ridiculous drawing of a doughboy bayoneting a huge beach ball sized virus

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shovelbum posted:

The red states are going to be at a huge economic advantage after this right, bc they're heartless enough to just dismiss the corpse piles but a blue state would break down if you tried to speedrun

eh the blue states have large enough populations to absorb the losses and are economically diversified enough to avoid having make-or-break sectors with outsized exposure to a pandemic risk

red states often have larger disabled/retired populations, a larger dependence on regressive taxes like sales taxes, a bunch of long term obligations ('incentives' to get factories built for example) to businesses, disproportionate reliance on sectors that are really badly exposed to externalities like tourism and petroleum, etc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LimburgLimbo posted:

There’s no such thing as discouraging trouble by pulling a gun out, from both a legal and practical perspective. If a gun is pulled it’s because someone’s death is imminent and a .22lr is inherently insufficient for that. To be really frank if you have have a different impression I can also only but doubt that you know how to shoot defensively as it’s way different from putting some holes in paper

lol at the stopping power myth

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

xrunner posted:

Uh. So this says 209 new fatalities for Florida? Is that a typo? https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

dang

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallout: New Virus

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Telsa Cola posted:

This is like from 18 pages back but people should really look at his speech because he literally outlined the course the war would take and the eventual result in a manner that was eerily correct.

Granted it wasn't exactly a feat of clairvoyance to say the agricultural south wouldn't hold their own in a war against the far more industrialized north, and Sherman, living there before the war, likely knew how utterly hosed the logistics would be for the south even without the political horseshit that went on between the seceded states. By 1861 it was pretty obvious that slavery was not welcome in Europe and what supply-side embargoes didn't finish, a blockade by the American navy would.

Basically the only place that believed the South had any leverage was the South, and it wasn't a question before the war either. The North could absorb way more losses in men and material, they'd (eventually lmao) stop giving out military commands as political favors and start putting competent officers in charge, and ultimately they'd win. Hell, had almost anyone but McClellan been in charge of the American side at the peninsula campaign they probably would have captured Richmond.

That's not to discount Uncle Terror Billy, the guy was decades ahead of his time on total war doctrine and his Georgia campaign probably nailed the coffin lid closed on the confederates as much as Grant and Meade's 1863 Victory Week did, if not moreso.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Asproigerosis posted:

Two components of this are almost certainly:

1) longstanding distrust of the rich white male medical apparatus among the black community (which is entirely understandable considering you got so much disinformation right now from assholes all over and the long history of racism ie slavery, Tuskegee experiment).

2) Systemic socioeconomic racism in health care towards blacks. If you dig into numbers their access to treatment and medical coverage is almost certainly way lower than other racial breakdowns. I mean, come on, everyone knows black people, especially women, overexagerate their pain and don't really need pain meds :downs:

Isn't that combo of systemic poverty and institutional racism in medicine resulting in disproportionate frequencies of stuff like obesity and uncontrolled diabetes/hypertension too?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

euphronius posted:

nypd doesn’t keep order

they keep orders from the donut shop

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Job report tomorrow morning

it's gonna show mild to moderate job losses because it doesn't cover the past 2 weeks. We'll get that in May.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bey looking rough

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rynn posted:

What the gently caress, this sounds like the comically unsuccessful strategy that Eddie Lampert had at Sears to pit all his division leaders against each other.

Turns out shitheads think alike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crusader posted:

the only self-aware cop is robocop

:wrong: the only self aware cop is ed-209