Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/1248290381348974592?s=21

Very cheap for a pretty good corner who had some huge moments for the Super Bowl Champions last year

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs are heroes. Mahomes needs the Presidential Medal of Freedom

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Schwartz really likes to cook. Honestly, for a lineman, that's a pretty decent meal. I remember stories from linemen that retire about having to eat boxes of ice cream daily just to keep mass.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

well run org

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Actually the Chiefs should be offering a token 5th rounder or something for a one year rental, given they've got one year of easy contention before Mahomes' mega deal hits. Run him into the ground for a year cause he's a gently caress load better than Damien Williams (who I think is great, but is not Fournette) then decline the 5th year option and pay Pat

I thought Fournette was noticeably worse out of the shotgun.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

The Chiefs have like 72 cents in cap space.

I'm surprised Jones hasn't been extended.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs restructured LDT?

https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1255229043642896384?s=20

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Did some quick napkin math and I think our rookies will only cost about 1.8M in cap space to sign, which is essentially what cutting colquitt freed up. So 3-3.5M in cap space at the moment with LDT restructured.

Of course, there's 73M next year, so if Jones gets paid then we're probably gonna be okay.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm gonna guess it's at least a 5 year deal, and I wouldn't be surprised if he took a little less than 40M per, although I don't expect him to do a deep discount for more rings (although I would love it!)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

A fun thing to think about is what happens to teams with huge contracts if the salary cap ever starts receding! Such as, for example, lost profits from a missed season thanks to the coronavirus!

The NFLPA would never stand for th- aahahahahahahaha

Mahomes gets 30M/yr fully guaranteed for 5 years, we all good with this?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1255546135613243393?s=20

so maybe that's 19 of 22 starters returning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Alex Smith's leg Holy poo poo