Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
This game was an exercise in what it feels like to completely losing your loving mind

https://hsreplay.net/replay/CiDmoXcogdTkaHrzLUXRr9

Not only does this diamond 2 demon hunter play two oozes in his deck, but he dropped them for tempo...against warrior

I think I have to log off after this one, my mind is in loving tatters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Maiev seems really good, but I can see her hero power being a liability locking down a tavern slot and unlike Yogg it is very, very slow

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Nemsy the warlock alt hero is free from the store in HS right now so go grab it in case it's a mistake!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They should really un-nerf the Galakrond Shaman cards. I don't think that it would be anywhere near as oppressive as it was when it had Shudderwock, Spirit and Zentimo and would be a quick fix for a class that has nothing going for it, whereas a fix for Paladin would be much harder. It would actually farm the poo poo out of demon hunter as well so win/win!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ultrachrist posted:

The quick paladin fix: bring back divine favor.

No

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23426180

Balance patch - paladin 1 drop :O

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They could be generated for a very brief period of time but no longer can be

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wonder if rogue just makes out like a bandit with these changes. I think statistically the secret package was stronger than the stealth package, but not by much and all of the bad rogue matchups got nerfed.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Disargeria posted:

Is there just a normal minion/tempo based dragon priest? Galapriest and Rez priest are just such passive slogs to play (and play against). I figure a galakrond based dragon priest might be playable to knock out some of these priest quests.

Not dragon priest but a tempo priest list has been kicking around since the nerfs, has very favourable matchups vs the meta

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/glzpls/tempo_buff_priest_d5_to_legend/

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

I thought Zeph couldn’t read the deathrattle effect, just that the minion has a deathrattle?

that is correct

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Ladder updates:

Pirate Warrior is still hilarious to play (you can feel the :wtc: oozing through the monitor as you drop turn 1 Imprisoned Ganarg), but this currently shifting meta towards Bomb Warrior and Priest and DH is not friendly for the deck. Your highroll is low, and other decks can just crush you, adding in loss% when you draw off curve. Also there are way too many Acidic Swamp Oozes out there. (10-10)

Same with Stealth Galakrond Rogue, but worse in every way. It just is too fair. (2-8)

I'll try the Stealth Aggro Rogue list later, but otherwise I'm already regretting crafting Greyhart Sages, wanting to already shelve them in hope that they get support in August.

Sages are good, the archetype just needs one more good stealth combo card to elevate it (Ashtongue is kinda overkill on curve and forces you into a trading pattern which kinda sucks with flimsy stealth minions). Something like Shadow Sensei would be great

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Bomb warrior vs Pure Paladin has to be the saddest matchup, sadder than even Bombs vs. Reno decks because playing paladin cards in your deck is much more detrimental to winning than playing singletons.

Bombs were such a mistake lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbsbCO5qC5A

pirates coming to BGs as well!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Embiggen isn't even played anymore, everyone runs spell package with mountsellers and full ramp whether they are playing tokens or dragons or anything in between

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I guess they assume that nerfing Demon Hunter again will quasi-nerf Warrior but...they probably should nerf Warrior again

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mayveena posted:

I'm not good enough to understand how the nerfs will quasi-nerf Warrior, can you explain?

Julio Cruz posted:

Warrior is really good against DH

so by nerfing DH and reducing the number of people who'll play it they also make Warrior slightly less good overall

Yeah basically Armoursmith+Skipper farms demon hunter which has a lot of early burst but burns out really fast, especially after the nerfs to their midrange demons which made them unplayable

This change honestly just puts Warrior alone at tier 1, the class has been targeted for the last two months yet just keeps improving its matchups with refinement

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 17, 2020

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Lightforged Crusader doesn't feel like it belongs in the current build of the deck, most of the times when I feel that I can play it, my hand is already overcrowded with a bunch of 4/5/6 cost cards.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 21, 2020

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I have literally seen zero albatrosses played since the nerf

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Zillions magazine posted:

At 3k legend atm with spell druid. This might be my least favorite meta of all time, but playing this uninteractive deck where I only care about clawing a battlefiend before ramping into degenerate poo poo is making it moderately tolerable. I just wish no one else was allowed to play it, because the mirror might be the most unfortunate mirror in hearthstone history

At least the Druid mirror snowballs really fast, the priest mirrors or the bomb warrior mirrors are really, really stupid lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
My current tavern brawl deck is "Swarm 7" and I would not be surprised if it is 90% of the decks tomorrow, as it is probably the most broken thing I have ever seen. Hero power is deal 3 to any enemy or heal 3 to any friendly and it costs 0 mana and you can use it twice a turn lmao. Rest of the deck is token druid poo poo.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECFzfGfIzU

god this was so long ago

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1281272777211645952

holy poo poo

On July 14, we’ll be releasing a patch that includes balance updates for several cards in Standard. Craftable cards listed below will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.6 patch goes live.

Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).

Corsair Cache
Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.

Metamorphosis
Old: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 5 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 4 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back.

Kayn Sunfury
Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.

Warglaives of Azzinoth
Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].

Dragoncaster
Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].

Fungal Fortunes
Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].

Galakrond, the Nightmare
Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).

Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).

Galakrond, Azeroth’s End (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).

We have some Battlegrounds updates planned for the near future as well. Stay tuned!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

Hah congrats to umberwing and the satyr for being the Last DH cards standing nerfwise

spectral sight and chaos strike too!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

Come to think of it, aren’t we also just about due for the next expansion announcement?

Overdue! The announcement for Uldum was July 1st 2019.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The list of Demon Hunter cards nerfed/nerfed because of Demon Hunter existing is insane

Skull of Gul'dan
Imprisoned Antaen
Eye Beam
Aldrachi Warblades
Altruis the Outcast
Battlefiend
Glaivebound Adept
Priestess of Fury
Crimson Sigil Runner
Twin Slice
Metamorphosis
Kayn Sunfury
Warglaives of Azzinoth
Sacrificial Pact
Frenzied Felwing
Kael'thas Sunstrider

Ashes of Outland is probably the worst expansion ever made. Imagine if they still had their old philosophy with regards to nerfs, or if Battlegrounds didn't exist! This could've been a game-ender!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Guess we're into spoilers now.

Apparently there was a Gnome Mage Hero leaked few months back, that finally got some official art from a recently leaked Chinese Battlegrounds logo:

Supposedly she's tied to the new set/adventure, so a not-Hogwarts set? I'm rusty on my WoW lore, where else fits that bill that isn't Dalaran? Unless it's a Dalaran after last year's events type thing.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nar%27thalas_Academy is my guess if it's not Dalaran/Karazhan again

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Warrior getting a casual 9 mana 45/45

e: Goody two-shields is just insane power level for a 3 drop, they might actually make paladin a real class

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Transfer Student effects discovered thus far:

Ashes: Dormant for 2 turns, then deal 3 damage to two random enemy minions
GvG: Battlecry and Deathrattle: Add a Spare Part to your hand
Rastakhan: Rush, Overkill: Draw a card
BRM: At the end of turn, reduce the cost of a random card in your hand by (2)
Rise of Shadows: Battlecry: Add a Lackey to your hand
Pandaria: Battlecry: Give a minion +1/+2
Boomsday Project: Taunt, Battlecry: If you have 10 mana crystals, gain +5/+5
Naxx: Deathrattle: Add a random Deathrattle minion to your hand
League of Explorers 1: Battlecry: Discover a new Basic Hero Power.
League of Explorers 2: Battlecry: Add a random weapon to your hand.
K&C: Recruit a Minion that costs (2) or less
KFT: Deathrattle: Add a random Death Knight card to your hand.
Witchwood: Echo, Rush
DoD: Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.
Stormwind: Divine Shield
Stranglethorn: Stealth, Poisonous
Orgrimmar: Battlecry: Deal 2 damage.
Karazhan: Battlecry: Add a random Karazhan Portal spell to your hand.
WotOG: Battlecry: Spend all your mana, summon a minion of that cost.
TGT: Inspire: Draw a Card.

...Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/ZelKnow/status/1283101366810931200

Really strong, what a great statline especially for decks with a lot of free/cheap spells like Rogue/Druid/Shaman/Paladin

...Demon Hunter :stare:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ulvino posted:

So the preorder hero is just bony rear end Lich Kel'Thuzad and not Dean Kel'Thuzad? Boooo.

Lich KT is way cooler and 100% will have top tier emotes

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

what the gently caress

did they even play the Naxx adventure smdh

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

gandlethorpe posted:

Look forward to seeing Transfer Student decide a grandmaster tournament

It's banned from Master's tour decklists, idk if they removed it from discover pools like Waxmancy

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Source? I've seen no revision in the official rules and the Banned Card list on the esports site. As far as I can tell the card is live for this weekend.

https://twitter.com/Paradox_HS/status/1283108040963772416

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKnWVZz0otI

wow...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Oh dear god this with Plague of Flames :stare:

Edit: Oh double dear god, this with Shadowflame. It'd resummon Kel'thuzad.

These wouldn't work, since the minion needs to be alive to trigger spellburst, even the brawl example shown in the chinese video only works if KT wins the brawl. KT combos really well with Shadow Word: Ruin and cheap removal!

Goons Are Great posted:

Does spellburst react to the spell before it has been cast, during or after?

After

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1285893644348784644

Lilian Voss again!

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1285893303234330625

Really expensive DH aoe (good synergy with tokens though!)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1285908002717999107

loving broken

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
You can't look at it as a 6 mana card, especially in control Warlock because you want to be tapping anyway

Also if Warlock/Priest get access to weapons with their DH/Paladin cross-class cards it will be very easy to drop it for just 4

Firebert fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 22, 2020

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RatHat posted:

If they’re not adding any more Discard Warlock support this card might as well be Wild only.

This honestly looks fine even if you don't discard it, zoo is really lacking a good egg since scarab egg rotated and desperately wants stuff to combo with Evil Genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hey look, Priest finally got Lackey support :v:

Actually completely missed this has somewhat decent Deathrattle synergy. Neat card.

wisp in zoo

wisp in zoo

:climb up on my office desk:

WISP IN ZOO