Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

galenanorth posted:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2020/05/01/sen-mitt-romney-proposes/

"Sen. Mitt Romney proposes ‘Patriot Pay’ to give essential workers a $12 per hour raise" through July

literally flanking to the left of the dems economically while pumping trillions of dollars into the blood of the wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Apraxin posted:

primed and ready to shoot that loving virus dead as a doornail

big jeb energy

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wouldnt masks also decrease the chance of you dealing with a higher initial viral load which could potentially reduce your chance of getting insanely sick and dying

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
reminder that goku died in one timeline because he didnt take a heart virus seriously lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Arkansas gov. says 'spend money' as state economy opens

Demon cracker country got cracked open like an egg and all they can think of is "spend money" lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Google Butt posted:

I have like 20k in my 401k, is there any reason to not just withdraw all that poo poo right the gently caress now?

good doomsday ec post but basically either capitalism wins and you can buy some food later when the market goes up or capitalism is over and that money is probably worthless anyhow. that or STONKS become too powerful to control in which case you will now be wealther than 95% of americans by owning at least a single stonk

pulling it out probably wont mean poo poo unless ur literally out of money and starving rn

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

kmfdm hasnt really aged that well imho

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

snoo posted:

but then also,

"2"

check out this guess: "420"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Helith posted:

Isn't it taking weeks to get test results though in some places, if you can even get tested? I know it varies wildly depending on your state.

its still very difficult to get tested even if ur symptomatic yea

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if this thing didnt murder marginalized ppl at catastrophic rates id be like, hell yeah, gather motherfuckers

but unfortunately the world is a dumb gently caress

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its cool that freedom is defined by my ability to drink 12 dollar bottled tequilas at chilis while the patriots are on and my wife is loving her massage therapist because the kids are at esports practice

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

snoo posted:

everyone should be safe at home and all rent and mortgage and debt payments should be suspended and the government should be providing financial aid that isn't means tested and should be getting food and supplies to people while supporting the hospitals and the workers who really are necessary

yeah but how about instead of that i open carry into a country buffet where i do the pledge of allegiance because freedom is at steak

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

overmind2000 posted:

[COVID-19 May] freedom is at steak

pls

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wolfsheim posted:

My assumption too (I'm sure someone itt has done a deep dive on this that I missed) is that all the homemade masks everyone is using won't actually stop you from getting it, just spreading it around as much and since even at places like grocery stores they're all using homemade masks if at all so it's kind of an inevitable risk unless you have the money to have purchased 6+ months of supplies in February and live completely alone and have a fake computer job or are wealthy enough to not need to work

But :laffo: at the "you will die if you step outside your home to get the mail" posting

the masks will help a little and if other people wear masks around you it helps a lot and if both you and everyone else wears masks it helps a ton

given that we live ina merica: lol, lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CUM DEATH

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

gonna be really funny when they close all these and then the second wave kills way more people

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oh word who could have seen this coming oh no

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

npr is a plutocratic mouthpiece marketed towards liberals

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the article says the opposite of that. heat reduces transmission risk, just not at significantly enough measures to not social distance and wear masks and poo poo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it really is funny how everything is scheduled to start really coming back in late summer/early fall, just in time for the second wave.

im not going outside for at least 4 months

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ardennes posted:

Maybe if herd immunity kicks in, the V shaped recovery is coming ... everything is temporary...

they should call it a boomerang shaped recovery because the high death count is coming back

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
american exceptionalism is our unfathomable stupidity

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
a nation of warhammer 40k orks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GABA ghoul posted:

So this blows your balls clean off and then takes your kids a couple of weeks later? Seems like some kind of sign. Maybe we should listen?

no

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hmmm, cool. cool...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/nick__puckett/status/1259541624389955584

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Atrocious Joe posted:

heard on NPR today someone speculating that Black people are getting hospitalized more often from COVID because they have more preexisting conditions, and they're more gregarious so they prefer social gathering to social distancing.

The person saying that was a Black funeral home director, so I guess NPR producers thought that made it fine to broadcast nationally.

anime was right posted:

npr is a plutocratic mouthpiece marketed towards liberals

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

COVID-420 posted:

The New York Times is not even trying with its death cult "get used to dying from COVID and get back to work" narrative now, look at this bullshit

yeah I'm sure historians use the phrases "epidemic of fear" and "panic mode" all the time. don't worry at all about about a disease primed to kill 1+ million americans, lol

nyt is a right wing rag

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

actionjackson posted:

If the permanent WFH employees relocate to a part of the country that's actually affordable, do they decrease their salary?

that'd be a great grift to live in a cheap location but keep the SF salary

what'll likely happen is they'll keep the salary, but new hires will be plucked up from the portlands, denvers, and austins of the country where a lower salary can be safely offered. the next layoff wave will primarily hit the people that are on the SF-tier salaries that aren't pivotal to operations or buddy-buddy with the upper ranks.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Anyone else sometimes feel giddy by this juicy predicament the U.S. is in.

It's like, for once, America cannot escape the consequences of its actions.

haha lol millions are gonna die and get sick and every poor person will be in even greater dire financial situations, but they finally get to make eye contact with the abyss.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Inceltown posted:

It's Logan for my Aussie comrades

the two for lease and the one for rent sign really adding to the vibe

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

People are starting to make homemade laboratory glove boxes so they can physically interact with their family during quarantine:

https://i.imgur.com/xsFa7Og.mp4

theres a hole in the bottom

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Samurai Sanders posted:

It seems to me to be able to abuse customer service staff like that, not only would you have to have never worked that kind of job before, but none of your friends had either, or else you'd have empathy for them. Are there really so many people like that?

welcome to america motherfucker. freedom is a hierarchy.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
big gay sex

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mummy Xzibit posted:

If you wear a mask and wash your hands after you get your order food delivery/curbside isnt a huge vector when compared with going to the grocery store.

I think theres an outbreak at one of the Ralph's in town.

ive been taking the food out of the containers (not touching it) and throwing out the containers and washing my hands when i order food. been workin' out alright

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i really miss teriyaki but all of the teriyaki places have locked up

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

we already have the feral hogs and isolation for global warming. just need some genetic engineering of a super-race and we're golden.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Squizzle posted:

real estate sales not being considered “essential” in pa is turbo-boning anyone who cant sell their airbnb property before the market drops to nothing

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the funniest thing is facebooks entire platform is effectively built on creating shadow profiles via contact tracing, but somehow that's too hard for america to do.