Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
142,069 official deaths

However the number of deaths above the long term average will suggest the real figure is somewhere in the order of 696,969.420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

How the gently caress do you keep that place open by presidential order?

Who are they going to get to work there? Prisoners?

They'll threaten their workers with homelessness or maybe charge them with disobeying the defense production order.

Once the actual workers are all dead or incapacitated they'll use prisoners or illegal immigrants from one of the ICE detention centers.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

lol at all you people thinking 100-150k, this should tell you something

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1256176541320568834

How many body bags would they normally be ordering?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Where is that video showing covid getting spread via surfaces until the whole city turns red and The Internationale starts playing?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Are people always this naive?

The plan was never to give money to workers by giving it to businesses, they just said that was the plan when they knew all along it would be pocketed by grifters.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Was there ever a bunch of cases linked to all the Easter churchgoers? I feel like if there was it should be apparent by now as it should have head enough time for the symptoms to show.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Inceltown posted:

Really starting to get my roni routine down.

• Wake up
  • Shitpost
  • Breakfast
  • Shitpost
  • Do some youtube yoga
  • Shitpost
  • Lunch
  • Shitpost
  • Nap
  • Shitpost
  • Snack
  • Shitpost
  • Dinner
  • Shitpost
  • Sleep

Same, but with a sprinkling of pretending to work

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Jesus. So COVID has been outside of China since before anyone even discovered that it was contagious.

It's not surprising.

With the amount of international travel that takes place these days it's almost inevitable that it was spreading outside of China before they had a handle on what was going on.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

a chud talking point in Australia is that the excess motorist fatalities are all suicides by people who are so depressed by the shutdowns they can't face living anymore, therefore we should open everything up again to save lives.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Lincoln Financial Field is an American football stadium located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. It has a seating capacity of 69,176.

nice

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmnBcNijvo

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

lmao

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

eggs are t he fuckin best and I will be sadder about eggs not being available than meat. I can always eat tofu or whatever but eggs? nothing can replace eggs

really?

they're only chicken periods

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I heard the voice of the fifth living creature saying, "Come, fastly." I looked, and behold, an orange horse; and he who sat on it had the name Donald; and Dunning and Kruger were following with him. Authority was given to them over the chuds, to incite with Twitter and with Fox News and with pestilence and by the wild liberals of the earth.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Inceltown posted:

More right wing grifter updates from down under

To be fair it's probably really hard to fantasize about being hosed by a dead cartoonist with all that noise

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I feel like drug companies will be really pissed off if the BCG and nicotine trials prove successful.

No one's going to buy their lovely $12,000 a serve proprietary ebola drug if a 100yo vaccine and chewing bootleg tobacco end up being just as effective.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testvan posted:

optimistic curve dot jpg

No, you're supposed to fit a cubic line to it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Why the gently caress would you lie down on train tracks?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So in other words we already broke 20% lol

I think the cumulative processed unemployment claims is now at 33 million. I think I read somewhere that the US workforce is 160 million so if that is correct it's over 20%. That probably missed a bunch of contractors and gig economy workers, and wouldn't include business owners who have gone bust because of this. It also wouldn't include what I assume is a reasonably large number of people who had jobs previously but aren't eligible for UI for some reason.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

One thing I'm not sure about is how unemployment was measured in the depression era vs now.

Like back then you either had a full time job or you didn't have a job. Casual work, gig economy stuff, contracting and so on wasn't really a thing then.

The reason we like to measure unemployment is that historically it's been a useful measure of the health of an economy, however if it isn't picking up those casual/gig workers etc then it's definitely understating the true economic effect the virus is having on the workforce.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

How fake are Japan’s numbers?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Would anyone at the White House actually be dumb enough to give Teump actual planquil or did they just put a bunch of multivitamins in a vaguely medical looking jar and hand that to him?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5pGncD9jV8

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Just keep an epipen with the salt and pepper.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

also, epipens now cost like $1k each and you have to have two of them. they expire every year too.

Yeah well that’s just the price of freedom

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'm sure he saw plenty of covid patients, whether he cared for any remains an open question

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Maybe instead of a poll on the official number of deaths we should all try and guess the most outrageous way states attempt to mask the true number of deaths.

I'm gonna go with some governor (looking at you Florida) refusing to treat covid deaths as an official death of any cause in their records and in the information they file with the CDC. Immortality baby!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Skull Servant posted:

While this is good, the Chief Medical Officer was very adamant that the only reason we had no recorded deaths today was because of the weekend effect. We are still above 50 cases a day and will probably be in double digits for another week or so.

That's also ignoring the deaths and cases in Northern Ireland. The border is completely open and areas around the border are the hardest hit because of this/the absolutely awful British response.

Maybe the RoI should annex Northern Ireland as some kind of humanitarian response.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Conspiracy theories are created to make actual legitimate theories more credible is definitely a take.

I thought his point was that you can't have any kind of debate about something that is the subject of a bunch of conspiracy theories because you get lumped in with the lunatics. For example a proper study that suggested 5G did cause some sort of health problem would never get taken seriously no matter how rigorous and well designed it was because fucktards think it spreads coronavirus.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I have a fairly mild cold and the advice for that is to get tested just in case.

It was all fairly straightforward, just rock up at the drive through testing place near me, get nose raped, get handed a bunch of info and go home.

Of course you aren't supposed to leave the house until the test results come back and I forgot to do any grocery shopping before I went and get tested which was a bad move in hindsight.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Bryant–Denny Stadium is an outdoor stadium in the southeastern United States, on the campus of the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. It is the home field of the Alabama Crimson Tide football team of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). With a seating capacity of 101,821, it is the fourth-largest stadium in the Southeastern Conference, the seventh largest stadium in the United States and the ninth largest stadium in the world.

They have a team named after a toxic algal bloom?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, if this thing ripped through Congress without a single one of them having more than a mild case and not even a single hospitalization that would mean everything we know about it is wrong.

Like, I'd absolutely believe their access to medical care would help them all survive if they all did get sick but congress is basically an old folks home theres no way half of them wouldn't be intubated by now.

Weren't TWIV speculating that Remdesivir might work quite well if given early enough in the infection? The trouble being that regular slobs don't get tested until the symptoms are present, at which point the virus has progressed more or less as far as it can and the rest of the damage is being done by your immune system.

I would guess that rich politicians have pretty much unlimited testing at their disposal and would know the second they contract it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

it is utterly amazing how poorly the american government has handled 2020

Has anyone actually been amazed? I think most people outside of the US knew something like this was coming eventually

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

:discourse:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's not really a black swan if Bush predicted it. Like, he apparently just read a book that pointed out that plagues seemed to happen in 100 years cycles, then put 1918 and 100 together and realized another would be coming up soon. That's the exact opposite of a black swan really.

Not to mention the WHO putting the coronavirus family on a priority list of viruses that could potentially cross over from animals to humans and should be the focus of research efforts. Plus the countries that had a practice run with SARS Mk I doing much better generally than those that didn’t.

This was entirely predictable and could be prepared for to a certain extent, it’s just that a lot of places didn’t bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Dreylad posted:

how long has it been since trump did a briefing about covid, like 2-3 weeks? feels like a year ago he dragged a bunch of ceos out to talk about big beautiful walmart parking lot testing

I feel like the pandemic was a lot more fun when the market was tumbling and rich cunts were panicking and getting hosed just like everyone else.