Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anyone playing this coop? I am playing slowly with some friends but would drop into goon games just to help out and stuff because it's fun and wont ruin the progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Do mod maps work in multiplayer?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Goddamn I would pay for DLC to add garages to each map, it just makes coop such a slog since you can't just jump in for a short session.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

tater_salad posted:

Yes recovery is OP etc maybe make those maps recover you to the furthest garage or something. But in co-op it sucks to have to drive my rear end across 2 maps. If I have 30 mins to play with friends it sucks all those 30 mins are spent driving to where I gotta go.

Tater to be fair usually 20 of those minutes are you driving in the wrong direction or towards the wrong map with concrete blocks instead of a slab.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

just let me fast travel to any zone in/out point once it's been fully watch-tower cleared.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Let me buy trucks anywhere, region locking the store is stupid especially in multiplayer because it means "I want to re-buy this cool russia truck" turns into ok everyone finish their jobs, garage, retain, travel, buy, travel, redeploy.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Has anyone encountered a bug where when you refuel from a trailer it zeros the fuel in the trailer and your truck? I haven't, but in coop Blue on Blue has had it happen twice and it can really gently caress up a game.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I assumed the stick houses all over the map would be for us to rebuild but we just tear them all down? I rolled off the big mountain and rolled 6 times before getting stopped in my 750 and it was fine.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Some impressions on the new map:

Thank god for snorkels

My ford didn't ford so well

That said, it did summit the mountain (after rolling 6 times in a row down it first)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

One of the missions on the new map needs 10 cabins, thats 20 wood planks and 10 metal beams plus delivery of the cabins holy poo poo this feels like work now unless I'm missing something.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just had a coop friend crash out, 8 cargo on his trailer gone. What does that do for this map which has limited cargo?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

madeintaipei posted:

You can cheese it by selecting a cargo container for manual loading and them replacing it with the cargo you want.

I don't understand can you explain this like I'm slow?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

madeintaipei posted:

Lol. The 10x and 15x cabin requirements are a glitch. It's supposed to be 2x cabins and you can reuse them. That makes way more sense. Load up the Twinsteer with two cabins and the telehandler on a trailer and shuttle them from place to place.

Is that fixed now or to be fixed soon?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I highly enjoy the coop and if PC users are doin it and need a friend hit me up.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

shortspecialbus posted:

On the mod note, is there a decent mod that increases heavy crane strength so that they're not completely useless for righting tipped trucks? I'm sick of trying to maneuver geometry to push a tipped truck back upright since the heavy crane can't even lift a scout truck.

Edit: I don't care if it's cheaty so long as it's not bugged and that it works in multiplayer if we both have it installed. I just want a heavy crane that can lift trucks at least a little bit to help right them rather than just be able to barely lift cargo.

It's based off your winch so use a heavier winch but i too would like that mod.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

fadam posted:

Are most of you guys playing this with a controller or a wheel?

Mouse and Keyboard.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

All the people i played with stopped playing like cowards so if there's any coop goin on I'm happy to jump in and help and poo poo.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

madeintaipei posted:

What platform? I'm on PS4.

Also, P16:1 Locomotive: 0.

PC

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

yeah let us make improvements, let me truck in a bunch of stone and make a raised area and haul in a pump and a generator to lower the water a bit, or let me sweep the road with a cool front end loader type and clear off the rocks, hell give me some badass megaplow and let me get rid of some snow.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I really enjoy the cooperative type aspects so if anyone else has it on PC let me know I'll jump in and help ya out.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yeah, find a time for me and one other goon to jump in and help you, it's so much more fun and solid, half the time all it takes is someone letting you winch them or riding next to the trailer. I'm Elendil004#1776 on discord.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You can also dip up to Russia and grab the Taiga, you just need a scout which can repair and it's real close to the spawn. It's a good truck that can make short work of most of Michigan.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I know some folks prefer solo but there's so much more to do in multi. Drive somewhere and run outta fuel, have a buddy help you out. Stuck? buddy. Big object to haul? Buddy.

etc.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Oldstench posted:

Isn't co-op a buggy mess though?

No not really, we've had a few instances of a load disappearing or something but it's been probably high 90s stable.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ciaphas posted:

How does the co-op work mechanically anyway? IP addresses, random matchmaking, friends-only, ???

I think you can direct connect but I just add people to epic friends list and go from there it's pretty seamless.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Maybe, I've never tried it, but you have friends here.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The Ford truck with the upgrade from Russia is really good

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

BlackIronHeart posted:

Yeah, the Northern Aegis Installation is some of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen in a game.

Why?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

When yall say overload, are you just holding it on there with hope? You say you don't pack it so how does it not just fall off right away?

Also, this game is fun as hell but I can't stand it solo. I just wanna truck with the boys, help each other out and stuff. So, if you want to coop sometime hit me up, it's hard to find folks to play with.

Can I crossplay off epic?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

BlackIronHeart posted:

I will instantly become a mod-using convert if someone puts a bulldozer into the game simply for this.

Let me haul rocks to a crusher and put some gravel in the deep mud right outside the garage so i can drive over it please thanks.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

C'mon you gutless scoundrels come play snowrunner tonight.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What's your discord name Atomizer?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

mastershakeman posted:

Did my first ever successful coop which consisted of

Aweing the guy with my twinsteer
Forgetting the roads and eventually yeeting off a cliff to get stuff down

Rolling over the gmc 5 feet from the garage

It's me I'm the guy. I sleep on the twinstar because it can be so tippy but using it to tow a truck towing a trailer was a pretty baller move. I have an image of the cliff yeet which we completely planned and it worked better than expected.

First, here's your twinstar towing (A voron?) towing a trailer.

But here's the yeet remains.

Speaking of the yeet, what IS the preferred method to get wood from the sawmil in Yukon. As you can see, Shakeman went south and got stuck up on the rocks above the cement mill and just kinda said gently caress it and we recovered ok but what's intended?

edit: Playing with goons is fun, I will try and ping more often to set stuff up so you can help me power through Yukon or recover the Imanda plane.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 12, 2022

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ulio posted:

Oh brother even the first tutorial level was surprisingly hard, also what country playlist do you guys listen to while playing this?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3qWgtQnHeWba2fDPeT351Z?si=a51f85c4f1a54726

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ulio posted:

Btw also if you get stuck side ways there doesn't seem to be a place to winch on the side of the truck, is there a way to get back on your wheels without going to recovery?

If there's any winch points and you have an autonomous winch you can usually do it, or bring another vehicle and winch it around. If you can't winch right back onto the wheels drag it up a slope then let it roll down or something.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

load your twinsteer with 2 cabins then try that

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

A whole lot of people not playing cooperatively in this thread.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hemish posted:

I played this game for like 20 hours back when it was released. I just got back into it after buying the Year 1 and 2 passes (which might have been a mistake seeing how many hours you guys put into this, I may not reach those maps...).

I started fresh since I forgot everything and the game told me my save was now incompatible with some newer content or something.

I'm having a hard time... Probably where I fell off the last time. I feel like I suck rear end because even if I follow this to give me an idea of stuff I should be able to do at my level : https://www.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/comments/go5i6y/oc_complete_walkthrough_michigan_all_achievements/
I'm still having issues. I even grabbed the Azov 64131 they mentioned and when they casually say to retrieve a drowned truck or reach the fuel pumps... I had such a hard time... I even cheated with that DLC scout I have...

I'm now level 7 or 8 and I have no more upgrades showing up on the first Michigan map. I managed a few upgrades on the 2nd Michigan map. I didn't manage to reach all towers yet, I think one is missing.

I'm even looking some Youtube videos sometimes on a mission where I just instantly get stuck and just stroll through with what looks like worse trucks. From this thread I decided to get the White Star on the 2nd Michigan map and you guys were saying it's enough Paystar once you get this but it sucks rear end. It doesn't even have AWD yet and I have no upgrades options.

I feel like I'm missing something and I can't do any of the missions let alone the main "story" ones.

I wanted to try some of the trucks you guys keep mentioning here but they suck rear end since I can't upgrade anything on them.

I did most of the first Michigan map. A bit of Alaska to get the Hummer and a couple upgrades. I think I only have one tower left (lower left) of the 2nd Michigan map. I didn't do much missions in the 2nd Michigan map as I'm having a hard time and it feels like if the first map is incomplete and giving me such a hard time too, I must not be ready for the 2nd one with my current equipment.

I really feel like if I fall back on the DLC trucks they gave me, it'll cheapen the experience and not make me better for harder maps.

Sorry for the wall of text... I'm really frustrated now and what started as a chill game to make me cope with some stresses in my life is turning sour a little bit. It's making me feel like a moron even though I've been playing all types of games for decades.

Get online at some point and get one of us to help you over that hump. If you need a tower found we can help, if you need us to winch you from the mud while you winch another truck, we'll help, etc. This game is way more fun with goons than alone.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Lots of talk here and not a lot of folks wanting to play truck truck with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

How can I tell what addons I own in the epic store, it just shows me all of them an I know I have at least one year pass.