Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

AutismVaccine posted:

Thats the most tinfoily thing i read here for a while.

Wth, we people in Europe mostly really cant complain about the police. If there is a problem you dont want to solve with violence yourself or need documentation about something, you call them. I pay taxes, so i use this service.

gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you're white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
has there been any progress on antibody tests for those of us who suspect we've had it but would like confirmation before relaxing lockdown? seems like that might be a good thing for a government to have plenty of right about now

:sigh: well it was worth a try

e: Sausage has taken up cat yoga during the lockdown

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Yeah, cop shows are kinda of like, really?

This is cool though https://twitter.com/iamstephbeatz/status/1267730471670050823

B99 is really loving good though

and all its cast seem to be genuinely cool people who legitimately all get on well together

Chelsea Peretti is also down af going by her latest retweets

e: https://twitter.com/melissafumero/status/1267451157422542849

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 2, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
like there are plenty of good shows exploring how the police are corrupt motherfuckers top to bottom but they don't exactly tend to be all that funny

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

E: I'd love to see more non-cop whodunnits though - and not just the Miss Marple type ones, but like, more imaginative settings. Gimme a whodunnit set in like, ancient Rome, or prehistoric Africa, or on a pirate ship, or... etc.

I don't think they've ever been made into TV, only radio, but what you're looking for are Lindsey Davis' Falco books

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 2, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sassassin posted:

We played good football and were "everyone's second team", once upon a time.

pretty sure every single team in the league has made this claim at one point or another, with the possible exception of Man U

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
given that nearly every large city has had protests it'd be hard to argue any spikes were due to protests and not, say, high population density

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Ah, yeah, that'd be a loving feat :catstare:

honestly I'm surprised that Colston got taken down by a couple of people pulling on a rope, whoever made that statue must have cheaped out massively on materials

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

happyhippy posted:

This was a bad move imo to vandalize.
It's one thing to take down a statue where the person is primarily known to be or do a bad thing.
But here with Churchill, we know he was a fucker in private, but most primarily know him for WW2.
And esp the day after D-Day, the narrative is stacked against the protesters here.

if we do everything according to the gammon "narrative" there wouldn't have been any protests today, or in fact ever

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

99% of these I will end up never playing but it's worth it just for A Short Hike alone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pencils R Cool posted:

Genuinely hate this loving Geordie prick, spreading neo-nazi conspiracy theories from his gaming chair. Playing the victim but still getting platformed by the Fair and Balanced BBC because god only knows what this country needs is yet another right-wing 'I sucked my mum's tits until I was 18' bedwetter spewing shite all over the discourse.

if you're complaining about him being platformed you might do better not to be reposting his tweets

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

XMNN posted:

There's a pretty massive difference between posting his tweets in a thread full of left-wingers on a dead internet forum to call him a prick, and letting him go on the telly or the radio or whatever to offer his terrible opinions on things he has no possible expertise in (as far as I can tell, solely on the basis that he was the only guy under 50 that leave.eu could find to spout brexit poo poo who could remember not to use ethnic slurs)

I don't think anyone here is likely to be won over by the poundland charlie shapiros spicy takes about antifa supersoldiers

mainly I'm complaining because I'm really not a fan of all the "check out this terrible article/tweet" posts this thread generates

if I wanted to look at terrible takes it would take about five seconds of searching on Twitter, there's no need for people to post them ITT

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
yeah if most employers get an email saying "btw one of your employees is fash" their first instinct isn't going to be "hmm let's see if we can trace who sent this"

screenshots and a throwaway email address are all you need

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
love the bit where it goes in the water and you can see it immediately regretting the decision

e: talking about the cat, but I also love the bit where statues of racists go in the water too

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Illuminti posted:

I don't think you're fools, well not much. And there's no rush. You'll all still be here in two years, still living under a tory government the majority of people don't want and wondering why your brilliant plans have all failed. And the answer will still be that everyone who doesn't agree with everything you say 100% is a racist fascist who secretly wants to bring about the fourth reich.

why do I get the feeling your proposed solution is going to be "join the Lib Dems"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Illuminti posted:

Well today it seems that "Science" has been declared racist.

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaa

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

this is a good post but going by his post history I'm pretty sure OP is thinking along the lines of "you can't even say that black people have naturally smaller brains any more"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Illuminti posted:

Julio Cruz, thoughts?

my thoughts are "get the gently caress out of this thread you transphobic shithead"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

XMNN posted:

also also I can't be the only one who thinks about getting a sweet level 100 charizard or getting to put another point in the perk chart whenever the conservatives talk about levelling-up?

my THAC0 will go down by one and maybe I'll get another weapon proficiency point

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Wachter posted:

Very true. I'm glad I've never had a Twitter account because as much as the prospect of dunking on halfwitted celebrities appeals, I don't think I've got the psychic armour for it

I'm occasionally half tempted to start trolling all the anti-Corbyn melts with "what happened to being 20 points ahead with a competent opposition" but considering I'd probably just get insta-blocked it's not really worth the effort

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

what the hell kind of electoral map is that

MA and MD voting Republican and KS and MT voting Democrat?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think the idea is not so much that the Greens are the best left-wing option right now but it might be a lot easier to move them leftwards than it would be to move Labour leftwards under the current leadership.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
can we put Darren Grimes on thread moratorium like we did with Weetman

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

I'm sorry but he has to be parody

Julio Cruz posted:

can we put Darren Grimes on thread moratorium like we did with Weetman

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

We all saw your request, we just ignored it. He's a talking head regularly on the BBC, unlike Tweetman who has no national presence outside of Twitter. Until the BBC bans him he's entirely fair game for the thread imo

I don't give a poo poo about his "national presence", the point is there's no reason for every moronic take he shits out to be posted in here with a token "lol he dumb" when people who are interested in that can go to twitter dot com slash darrengrimes and the people who browse this thread for actual news probably aren't

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

My Twitter is carefully curated to only follow people I agree with. I'd never poison it by following Grimey

you don't want to read tweets written by an absolute moron you say? well luckily I have a solution

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
everyone on my FB feed sharing a petition to stop Boris painting his plane

like of all the terrible stuff he's done this is the one you want to focus on?

(also government petitions will never achieve anything ever)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

so turns out during a pandemic isn't the best time order stuff from China, huh

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

glitchkrieg posted:

What was pissflap's reason for leaving? I'm assuming it wasn't voluntary.

after an extremely long and tedious campaign of low-effort trolling he finally got threadbanned from UKMT, I don't think there was a single thing which caused it so it must have been the mods finally having enough of probing him over and over

then he PMed a mod asking to be allowed back in, including the immortal quote "I consider myself to be an engaging and high-impact poster with a lot to offer"

so a poll was made in D&D in which either he would be allowed back in the thread or he'd get permabanned, a poll which he lost by a hilarious landslide

now I believe he uses up his trolling hours being a transphobe on Twitter

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
absolute lol at the idea of a genocide gene manifesting itself within 3-4 generations

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so I'm pretty sure that this thread is 100% on board with outing racists/misogynists/homophobes/transphobes/general bigots to their bosses but I was wondering if there's a line somewhere

like is someone's friends and family fair game? what about their partner?

I was looking at the abuse that Ash Sarkar got over the orange lolly pic and I was wondering how far I'd be comfortable going if I knew/found out the name and details of one of those people

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

It's gone, what was it?

it was something like "people celebrating terrorist attacks often do use seemingly innocuous things as a kind of code"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

lol @ him admitting 10% of English people are racist as gently caress (even though it's definitely more than 10%)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

WhatEvil posted:

Completely unrelated, but has anybody looked into whether it's possible to do an entryism on the Lib Dems to vote for Layla Moran? Or do they have join-date restrictions on voting?

seems like a lot of effort to vote for a person who'll inevitably renege on all her promises anyway

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

WhatEvil posted:

Oh I absolutely do not trust the liberals, don't think they're ever likely to win in any substantial capacity and if they did they would support Tory Turbo-Austerity 3.0... but I still think it might be valuable to have somebody spouting left-wing policies in UK politics. Might pressure Starmer a bit and/or help keep the Overton window a bit broader.

lol if you think a Lib Dem is going to have any left-wing policies whatsoever after winning an election

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

WhatEvil posted:

Like, I'm not talking about joining the Lib Dems and legally changing my name to Mr. Stop Brexit #FBPE.

I'm talking about signing up, voting for the more left-wing (or at least the one who is currently speaking in more left-wing terms), and then quitting, just like my Lib Dem mate did for Labour when he joined and voted for Corbyn, only he did it because he thought it would destroy Labour somehow, the twat.

I'd be doing it because the left need to grab whatever chances they can get to have somebody talking about left-wing policies, even if that person would ultimately sell out to the Tories if they were elected.

how exactly is signing up to the Lib Dems to vote for Moran in the election going to make her come out with more left-wing policies before the election

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

well if you think Moran as leader of the Lib Dems is going to be promoting left-wing topics in a general election campaign which is 4 years away then you have a lot more faith in her than I do

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Private Speech posted:

e: As for min wage UK has the fifth highest in the world. It might not be a huge amount to live on, but still. Especially when combined with the housing benefit, NHS and tax-free allowance, it's pretty great comparatively.

that's great, now plot it against cost of living

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

*Citation: Arty Morty, Fuckwit Study** (2020)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA6_WgzQt-0

dear loving god this man needs someone to make his thumbnails for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
this guy is going full speed for ban #14, huh