Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So I was playing along the LP, having mostly a mix of TETH and HE abnormalities, when the game suddenly decided to be cute and gift me a shiny, new ALEPH abnormality like it was no big deal. Not encountering even a WAW abnormality before, to say that I was not prepared would be a bit of an understatement. It took me more than a hour of constant rewinds to figure out how to work it....well not exactly safely, but at least with minimized risk and now I am a proud owner of a glass pitcher full of pink slime? :toot:

Honestly, this was probably one of the rudest difficulty spikes I encountered in a long while, and I am absolutely loving it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm slowly chugging along this game, just completed 3rd Tiphereth mission, which made available "Core Suppression" missions for almost all Upper Sephirahs and um....... this whole thing got a lot more interesting. :stare: Like I can't say it's much of a twist, considering that the game is telling you they are AI since the beginning, but it's still kinda unnerving to discover just how much is the cognition filter warping your perception of what's going on. Also, you can't fool me Angela! I remembered you still looked like human when the cognition filter malfunctioned back at the beginning, I'm on to your poo poo!

Speaking of "Core Suppression" missions are they something I should be doing as soon as they become available, despite being still on like day 25, or are they end-game stuff? Both gameplay-wise and story-wise.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, quick question: Geburas 2nd mission is "Suppress WAW abnormality 5 times" or "Suppress 5 different WAW abnormalities"? Due to the absolutely "excellent" RNG I have only 3 WAWs (and 3 ALEPHs :v:), so this might be a problem.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh! That makes things a lot easier than I thought. Guess I'll go and bully a certain Bad Apple a few times.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Train isn't that big a deal if you're attentive, but it really sucks when something else is heavily monopolizing your attention and you just forget about it. Like it's bad enough when you send someone to the shelter to deal with a meltdown and then forget they're there - at least that only happens when the shelter gets hit with a meltdown. Train is just that, but all the time.

Yeah this. All it takes is some more pressing emergency taking all of your focus (And that will happen all the time, this IS Lobotomy Corp. after all) and then just as you think you handled everything and can go and pay attention to less important matters again, suddenly its Choo-Choo time and you just helplessly watch as 5 of your agents die, because Tomas the Jerk Engine decided to barrel through the room they were in. And it will happen all the time too, because again, this IS Lobo Corp.. I think I lasted about 3 days (and countless rewinds) trying to make Hell Train work, before just giving up and resetting.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Discovered this game while randomly checking the gacha thread and I'm hooked. The only other gacha game I played was FGO and this compares favourably in pretty much all aspects, including character design and writing, which I considered to be FGOs strengths.

I have no idea about the wider Project Moon world, as the only other Project Moon game I played was one unfinished playthrough of Lobotomy Corp that I abandoned when I saved my progress after getting a certain train and that was apparently a horrible mistake, but I like what I see from the setting so far.

Friend code is 0897637071, although I genuinely don't understand how the whole "support" thing works in this game. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Neet Faust is very powerful

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

DuoRogue posted:

if they add a loving equipment gacha I'll kill someone myself

I mean, E.G.O. gacha is already in the game.... :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I have parked all of my identities at lvl 20 and had no issues finishing any content with them sa far. I am stockpiling EXP tickets for the Railway, obviously, but I think I'll do a few tries without leveling them, just to see how far can I go. the answer will be the first stage. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ariamaki posted:

Patch notes also include a lot of bug fixes and, rather critically hidden away deep in the patch, THE SIDE OF THE STATUS THAT COUNT / POTENCY SHOW UP ON WILL BE SWAPPED. I guess it makes sense that X instances for Y damage reads more naturally than Y damage repeated X times, but still.

....what? It was count/potency the whole time?!! WHAT? :psyduck:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Welp, here I go, spending Lunacy again.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really want an Identity that is able to consistently increase Burn Count, because that's basically the only thing missing that is needed to make Burn Teams good. (Yeah, there's Liu Meursault, which is why I said "consistently"... :v:)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Google Jeb Bush posted:

oh so now we'll have a burn team and re-enable the only good meursalt

He is being meme'd as the worst 000 identity, but I am getting a really good mileage out of W Corp Meursault. Yeah his Charge kit barely works and he is Ok in clashes at best, but he is pretty tanky and his speed and Sin spread makes him the most consistent and reliable identity for "Chains of Others" spam in the game. Pair him with someone like W Corp Don and he can fire "Chains of Others" every turn and trivialize most boss battles. He can also use "Do You Want To Get Beat? Hurtily?" easily as well, in case you want damage instead of debuffs.

He is what pulled me through Kromer and pre-nerf Fish battles.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tellaris posted:

The real thing we should be debating is what is the Aberration of You're Bald, and who is gonna get the E.G.O. for it.

Ishmael is IMHO the only option.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm hoarding egoshards and nominable crates until the end of season. Then, just before season roll-over I'll spend all nominable crates and as much egoshards as possible on identities and EGOs I want and still don't have, to minimize how much will turn to thread. I think that's more or less the optimal strategy, as long as you are able to be patient.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ariamaki posted:

3- Auto-sweep implemented for Luxcavations. 2x cost for 1.5x rewards at 0x effort.

Um, so if I'm checking the math correctly, doing 3 sweeps of Thread excavation will give you the same amount of Thread and take the same amount of modules as 6 manual Thread Excavations? So auto-sweeping your first three Thread Excavations of the day will basically always be optimal?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ariamaki posted:

The 9 you get from sweeping the Level 30 version with the bonus active is exactly equal to the 6 you'd normally get for your bonus plus the 3 you'd get for using the extra Enkephalin modules on a non-bonus run. So it's not any more optimal than doing it manually, other than in terms of time spent. If you were going to do extra Thread runs anyways? Then yes, you're getting the same payouts on those first three as you'd get for doing 3 bonus and 3 regular, and it's break-even. It's not better in terms of payout at all, just equivalent.

Yeah, I was just mildly surprised that it does not end up being worse, Enkephalin wise, as doing it manually. I expected you would have a stamina tax for convenience, as regularly happen in gachas.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Kromer, being a blunt-resistant final boss at the end of a dungeon and a chapter filled with blunt-weak enemies was rude as heck, as I filled my sinner composition at the beginning of the dungeon with identities specialized in blunt damage, so I had to scrounge up an usable team from the leftovers.

The bleed and burn gimmick was trivial compared to that, mostly because I didn't really have any bleed and burn focused identities. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gregor is cool and good. And short

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, it's kinda interesting how off my perception was in some cases:

- I though Meursault was close to 2 meters the way he towered over everyone, but he is actually not too tall.
- I expected Sinclair and Don Quixote to be even shorter, due to being obviously a child/teenager and a gremlin, respectively.
- everyone else I felt were like ~5 cm taller, but I am living in country with pretty high average height, so that might be it.
- After Rider in original F/SN, I expected Rodion to be like 172 cm or something, but PM are no cowards and she actually is pretty tall, which rules.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Junpei posted:

Holy hell did the passive update juice up Blade Lineage Yi Sang. He's really good at keeping his Poise up, and once he hits high enough numbers he crits often and HARD. Especially with Flank Thrust's third hit. drat.

Yeah, W Meursault passive was beefed up as well. It now only needs 3 Envy in stockpile, not resonance, so it is pretty easy to keep it active and he can gain Charge 6 times per turn, instead of one time (lol..) like it was before. So now, he can finally actually gain Charge when tanking and use his Skills. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
After what date you won't be able to earn the embellished banner again? I am wavering between putting in the effort to get the sub-120 clear and not bothering with it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Great, thanks!

Refraction Railway was actually fun when I took my time and just did 2-3 nodes a day, so if I don't have to rush, I'll probably re-run it at similar pace for the fancy banner.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
IMHO a lot of release identities were clearly designed for a different game than the one we got. I hope they will eventually do a balance pass on them.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ah, so The City has been part of the STALKER universe all along?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

I’m so excited to spend all my pulls, get nothing I want, and ragequit the game you guys. :allears:

That’s only half a joke, given that I’m trying to hit both warp Don and RB ryoshu within 160 or so pulls.

If this were FGO, I would tell you "good luck, lmao", but Limbus Company has actually sane rates, so I would say you have a solid chance.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't see the amount of shards you can get being the same come season 2, definitely expecting the BP crates being reduced to like 1 or the crates only having 1 shard instead of 1~3.

Would be nice to be proven wrong though, but those are my predictions.

There was a math on reddit concerning this, actually (I know, incredibly reliable source). IIRC, assuming a free-to-play player does all their dailies and weeklies, they are almost guaranteed to get enough shards for 1 000 Identity/EGO, an OK chance for 2 000 Identities/EGOs and small chance for 3 000 Identities/EGOs by the end of current season(the chances are based on how lucky the player is with the amount of egoshards they get from crates and with allocation of egoshards from random crates). Players with paid battlepass are guaranteed at least 2 000 Identities/EGOs with good chance for 3-4 000 Identities /EGOs and a small chance for getting 5+ 000 Identities/EGOs. That is without taking into account egoshards you get from rolling dupes, egoshards you get from rewards that are not part of daily/weekly tasks and battlepass and people spending all of their energy grinding Mirror Dungeons, so the real numbers are probably a bit higher.

And I mean, having reliable source of rare identities is great, but free-to-play players getting a pick of ~2 extra 000 identities every 3 months is not exactly ruinously generous. It is pretty generous for paid Battlepass players, but that means they have bought the pass, so job well done, no?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Junpei posted:

who gave meursault the right to be this loving funny when giving his criticisms

He is french and the subject matter is cooking.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The constant sanity drain definitely seems like a reaction to how max sanity makes the whole coins rolling mechanics a joke after the changes.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So how's Pierre Ryoshu in the end? Cause I think I'll need to use shard boxes but I could go for her.

Despite looking like a support at the first glance, she is actually a primary damage dealer.

She is very good at clashing, her third skill can hit as hard as Rip Space/Mind Whip/Quick Suppression, but has far lower setup/limitations than they do, her healing reduction is very noticeable when you need it and her healing is....Ok. It's nice when it happens, but it's limited by being on kill and needing 4 Lust to trigger, so it's just a bonus, instead of being cornerstone of her kit as it was initially presented. She also causes some Bleed and Bind which are not very spectacular on their own, but allow a nice bit of synergy when slotted into Bleed teams.

Overall, a lot of people rate her as one of the Top 5 Identities released so far, and I agree that she hovers around there.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

All that checks out with my support use. I guess I could use around 135 boxes (since they give 1-3 shards and I need 270) to get her so I can save my lunacy for the identities in May and June. Cause the earlier I get her the easier the event will become to grind.

Additionally, the whole "bloody knife smile" on her Identity art is sick and she does it each time you use her 3rd skill, so she gets 10/10 style points.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 21, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The only fight lasting long enough to use Rip Space is the final boss and most enemies in the dungeon are resistant to pierce so W Corp Don is for once uniquely unsuited for running the Dungeon. LCB Don is one of the worst Identities in the game so she is out, which leaves....um, *shuffles papers* ...Shi Don? :shrug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
:hmmyes:

There is nothing like losing clash against it without reducing it by a single coin, despite the game telling me that the power balance is "Dominating" in my favor and then having Ryoshu or Outis take like 160 damage and being immediately splattered.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
IIRC, Sinclair is the only N. Corp identity obviously missing, so it's entirely possible that N. Corp Sinclair will be paired with unrelated second identity, like Seven Outis/Liu Hong Lu.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Absolutely insane way to look at things lol. The variety of rewards makes it obvious they expect people to finish it.

The only things from this event that actually matter, because they will be harder and more expensive to obtain after the event and affect the gameplay are the EGO and the Identity. And both of them are pretty early in the ladder. Everything else is either meaningless cosmetic stuff, or useful mats that the game has been showering the players with regardless of event.

The devs absolutely do not expect every single player to finish it, in the same vein they do not expect every single player to have the embellished banner from RR. I agree that the complaint about the event being grindy stands regardless, but if you got the Don EGO and are feeling that the grind is miserable, can't you just....stop? :shrug:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 25, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, y'all are really comparing FGO favorably to this? I don't really mind the grind here to the point I am still kinda enjoying running the dungeons and I thought that the main reason for that was that I was used to various FGO grinds that were almost uniformly worse.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

KazigluBey posted:

I take it there's no such thing as a Großhammer? Seems weird for the Don ID to be a middle-hammer, unless I'm dumb and that's more of a rank thing rather "this is the size of my weapon" thing, lol

I agree, Don's hammer definitely doesn't look Mittel to me. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, I wouldn't be surprised if N Sinclair skills started with huge clash power and hitting heads would lower it, just to be completely in line with the Inquisitor enemies. He rules. :allears:

EDIT: Also, I appreciate N corp Don Quixote tentatively throwing a bone to Tremor. It probably still won't be super amazing, but nice for them to remember that there are other status effects than Bleed and Burn. Now do something with Sinking... :v:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 1, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
-10 sanity per skill use is an absolutely humongous number though, that's the same sanity cost as Legerdemain. The numbers on the skills would have to be absolutely ridiculous to justify them costing the same as ZAYIN E.G.O.

I think -5, or even -3 sanity is far more likely. N Sinclair won't be permanently hovering at 45 sanity, but I really doubt there will be any danger of him going below 0, or even corroding unless you really try and spam E.G.Os.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oooh, so we will still get new stuff before Season 2? Or is it teaser for Season 2? Either way, neat!