Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
How do you survive the Violent Noon ordeal? I'm at day 12, with lvl 3 employees, and the obelisk lands and usually kills my whole floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Any tips for Star of the City in LoR? Just unlocked it and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the number of dice and cards being thrown at me.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

The Thumb are the first fight on the left hand side. By beating them, you unlock both their pages and one of the most broken methods of cheesing fights in the game. By placing all three of the Full Stop Office passives onto a ranged card - A Thumb Soldato being th easiest to obtain - and loading it up with 1 or 2 cost 3-hit ranged attacks, you can deal about 300 damage in a single turn.

Use this method to cheese your way through the second fight in the second lane and congratulations you have won the game for what should be obvious reasons. Yes, that page is exactly as strong as it's been hyped up to be. To win even harder, beat the second fight on the last lane and append XXX's Prowess to it.

Thakns for the tips, managed to beat The Thumb with a single-die deck on Malkuth and some defenders.

I can see how using the Thumb passives with Full-stop gives me +9 on offensive die for the first turn, just wondering how it turns into 300 damage? I get a great first turn with my characters, using cheap 3 die cards, but can't seem to capitalize on it.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Will Limbus Company have guilds? Would be cool to have a goon guild.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Petition to name the guild (if there is one) JUSTICE BUS

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Ahh okay, if you turn off Auto Coin Toss in the options you can see your "Die rolls". Similar to Ruina's auto roll system

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

annnnd servers are down again

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
One thing I'm missing in Limbus Corp is how to tell what "element" an attack generates. Can anyone explain that?

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Holy crap 2-9 kicked my rear end and I have no idea why. Only reason I survived was because of 3 star Gregor

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

The Lord of Hats posted:

I've made it into chapter 2

God bless these glorious morons.

Hah chapter 2 had me laughing and I can't believe the mariachi actually plays into the plot.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
My Code is B307667380

Got Gregor 000 and Don Quixote 000

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I'm confused over threads. I know I can earn them by getting duplicates in pulls, or through MIrror Dungeon, but what do I use them for?

Why are they character specific when I can exchange them for generic threads?

Edit: Lol holy poo poo I can't even get past the first chapter 3 fight

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 2, 2023

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

studio mujahideen posted:

i always feel so bad when i read these. everyone please be nice to project moon

e: beaten

Project Moon made 100,000 in the first 2 days of launching Limbus Company. Trust me, people are being nice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/limbuscompany/comments/11f3tor/limbus_made_over_100k_dollars_just_on_mobile_alone/

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Uggh 3-22 is turning into a slog. Got to Kromer then had to redo the whole dungeon cause I wanted to rebuild my team.

Not a fan of the dungeon design.

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 16, 2023

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Finally beat Kromer.

My team was: Blade Yi Sang, W-Corp Don Quixote, G-Corp Outis, Mariachi Sinclair, And G-Manager Gregor (more on gregor below)

Not the most optimal team, but I wanted to use sinclair.

I do wish you didn't have to redo the whole dungeon to change your identities.

One thing that annoys me is the bosses reaction to bleed. That can really change your team composition, and in my case punished me for upthreading Gregor's Ego Skill: Lantern. The Maggot passive off of Tier 2 Lantern caused bleeds and I wound up having to restart the fight.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Endorph posted:

Wouldn't the last N Corp be Sinclair? I have to imagine that'd be an 000.

Pretty sure we will be fighting N-Corp Sinclair later on in the story missions. I have no source, just thinking about what you could do with that.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Endorph posted:

i wonder if we'll ever get new playable characters or just the base 12 sinners. other gacha games with set casts have added a couple characters after a few years, but then most of the examples of games like that i can think of are idol/band games and are more character driven than plot/setting driven, so they had to add new characters when the base cast had their arcs mostly resolved.

Just musing, I think in the storyline missions it would be technically feasible to have you play as different people. Like Vergil or Dante, and you have a set of new skills.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

I am down for Horse versions of our sinners

HAH, forgot what day it is in Korea

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 31, 2023

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Outside of mirror dungeons where EGO gifts can really juice them, status effects are mostly a nice side bonus and not the main thing you wanna build a team around. Even getting something crazy impractical like 10 stacks of bleed with 3 count is gonna add less damage than one solid hit of a type the enemy is weak to. If you're looking for team synergies you probably wanna pay more attention to E.G.O. than to stuff like bleed

With how easy the game is, if you wanna build a status effect built it can work. Only exception is Kromer, who has specific mechanics against bleed.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Someone put a non-spoiler stat guide of the railway.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/149rzHw6y_rxH_kDFnzmANNgDDEKfsKYmB5JABIbJNIs/edit?usp=sharing

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Has anyone else had problems with the mobile app version recently? It was the primary way I was playing since launch day and didn't have any issues.
But at some point between April Fools and the railway update it started crashing whenever I use an EGO. Did anyone else have this problem? Any fixes?

My iphone overheated whenever an ego was used. That might be happening to you.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Junpei posted:

I rewatched the end of Chapter 1 cutscene where Hermann, Jia Huan and Gubo make themselves known and I noticed something I didn't before: Hermann calls Gregor's arm a 'gift', but says he 'hasn't finished unwrapping it'. Is Hermann implying Gregor's arm/mutation has more potential that he just hasn't unlocked yet?

I don't think Gregor's arm is the gift. It's probably his ability to survive the mutation mostly unscathed.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Beat Railway on turn 135. Pretty happy with that.

Thanks to whomever mentioned Shi Ishamel. When she is at 50% health, her skills become crazy and won me a lot of clashes. Also Sinclair with impending day gave me enough sin to make the next few fights trivial.

My hard stages were the

Poision Dude
K-Corp Fight

I didn't get the mechanics down for the last fight. Is it all about stacking karma and winning clashes against the buddha statue?

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Aumanor posted:

How do you Rip Space on turn 2? Even Telepole leaves you at 9 since one decays at the end of the turn.

Is the answer you just suck the damage? Rip Space is pretty potent if you hit a staggered enemy with it.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Phew, finished banner at 113. Tough fights, though part of the issue is I have a hard time figuring out all the mechanics and weaknesses.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Arcanuse posted:

managed to blunder through, and get 116 on my third attempt
(many, many fight resets were involved)

don't have much advice to offer, except:
-have someone who can dodge (Warp Don's good) for the cranebot. Can't clash the first crane, but can dodge and it saves a few rounds

So, this is very counter intuitive, but if you do get caught by the cranebot it does this pattern.

1st turn: Defense with protection buff 10
2nd turn: Defense, but with Fragility 5!!!!!

With Fragility 5 you can actually get a good chunk of its health down and can completely ignore the mechanics of that fight. I managed to shave a few turns off when it did that.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Man I must have horrible luck or not have grinded enough MD like a maniac, cause I only have 1300 lunacy with 3 000 and 5-6 EGO missing and a D1 player.

It can be concerning because I do know the fate of overly generous gacha (RIP Dragalia and it wasn't even that generous) bit at the same time Project Moon is just looking for funds to develop stuff and not the greed of companies that want quick millions or bust.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gachagaming/comments/128ggw2/sensor_tower_monthly_revenue_report_mar_2023/
Limbus company made 1.5 million in March, up from 105,000 in February. Doing pretty well but the horse gacha continues to dominate.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
It's me, the giant whale. Have everything but the new Ryoshu cook identity.

Put sinclair with his Lifetime Stew Ego on.

B307667380

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

KobunFan posted:

I'm fine with people critiquing it but certain views make me think certain people failed to learn the lesson that Undertale strove to taught us: Just because something is there in a game doesn't mean you have to do it and in fact you might be worse off for doing so. Do what feels good, have fun, don't frustrate yourself.

Eh, some people want to accomplish things and get 100%. I can see why they would be annoyed with the mindless grind to get to that 100%.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Phew finished the chicken event and got all the tokens. Dunno if I want that big of a grind again.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I wonder if the images in the base ego's are the "living quarters" the sinners go to at night. Dante references the quarters as looking like prisons.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Finished Canto IV dungeon and am thankful for the thread. Didn't fully understand what was going on, with a timeskip and visit to the past and then a weird play that was further back in the past . Thanks for summing things up!

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

I don't know if Mili is doing a call back to one of their other songs Camelia in the song lyrics you posted above.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Truly, the best ego is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNlmhY1ewWI

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Ho hoooly poo poo does hard mirror not gently caress around. Any tips, faced inquistors that was beating my liu team out of the gate.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Quackles posted:

The inquisitors were always a rough first fight anyway.

Anyone know what this 'Shield' thing Zwei Rodion has is?

Yeah, managed to get to stage 2 in MD hard by avoiding the inquistors. Wowsa, those enemies are hard.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Okay Mersault and his Chains Ego has been crucial in me winning boss battles.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Phew finished Hard dungeon.

Hardest fights were early game inquisitors, K Corp Bosses that heal up to full, and Kromer (Thankfully without her passive)

Team was
Flower Yi Sang
N corp Don Quixote
N corp Mersault
LCCB Super flowing hair lady
Spanner Works Roydia
N Corp Fause
Super Cook Sword lady

Useful skills were
Yi-Sang Normal ego to inflict attack down and speed
Mersault Normal ego to inflict attack down
Super cook Sword Lady Eyes open ego, has high numbers
Faust Sac Ego, to heal SP

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Uhh did everyones text go away for hot tips during combat?

Edit:
Like during combat, when you select what skills to use, it will show the numbers, but not what the skill will do (I.E: Burn on heads)

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

CountDuckoo posted:

There's a new option in the top right, it's set to minimum info by default for some reason. Set it to max for the old info, because even mid doesn't have the useful stuff.

Thank you!