Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

Yeah Scarlett is now available

While her time in the franchise is soon over. It would be a bold move to let Scarlett Johanson play a Pakistani teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

where their religion is a central and important part of the character and is portrayed heroically and positively.

Technically, we don't know that. I highly doubt it would happen given the people in charge, but for all we know, it could be about Kamala overcoming her antiquated religious urges, which drive her towards evil and terrorism, before she becomes a devout Christian who fights for freedom and helps keeping America great by handing out her plotting Iman to the local cops.
Uggh, I feel sick writing that. I can hardly imagine a worse way to butcher a character.

But I don't fully agree, with regards to the actresses religion. In general I believe religion is a personal thing and no job should be given to someone, or be unattainable due to that. I don't think that would be a good thing, if a talented Pakistani actress would be rejected in favor of some Swedish girl who happens to be a Muslim.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 19, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

In an unprecedented suprise move Vin Diesel was annouced cast as Kamala Kahn.

When asked about the casting Co Creator responded say "I'm so confused right now."

He could pull it off.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

site posted:

Have you read the Ms marvel comics at all

Yes I have. Which is why this radical reinterpretation for the big screen would be a "way to butcher a character."

As said, I don't believe at all that this will happen, but I guess my 2020 brain likes to come up with the worst possible versions of event.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Also, I usually hate child actors.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Yay for accurate representation boo for exploiting a child.

Disney specifically took an eighteen year old actress who apparently hasn't done anything else yet, just so you could be satisfied. If she sucks at it, it's your fault, personally.

I wonder if the costume will look good. In the comics Kamala always looks radically different if she's dressed up.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

For sure. There's nothing worth salvaging from that show and even if they really wanted to redo the royal family I don't anyone would care about recasting.

Then again there's also the terigenesis/Inhuman stuff established in Agents of Shield they could work in or ignore. I know its unlikely but I'd love to see Chloe Bennett used as Kamala's hands on mentor/peer as a companion to Carol's distant idolized hero mentor status. I think a lot could be done with that.

But I also know it won't happen.

If Marvel decides that Jamie Foxx can be Electro again with no relation to the other movie, they can also decide to introduce a character called Quake into the Marvel universe. But who would they cast? I'd suggest Chloe Bennett. Imagine if they did Bring quake in there but decide to recast her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Is a film bad if I literally can't remember anything about it?
Like, there was a man with mental problems, who fixated on his best buddy Spider-Man. Then he got electric powers.
That's all I can recall.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Ben was simply 40 years older than his brother. No big deal.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/lukegranders/status/1330952459607535618

People love to ask Gunn 'well how would YOU know?' on things he's working on.

Death of the author!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I think she's playing Kate's mom.

We got an excellent Whitney Frost in Agent Carter Season 2, but she wasn't the Madame Masque we all love to hate.

Wouldn't really surprise if they make Kate's mom Madam Mask.
In the comics, Madam Mask is basically Kate's personal nemesis, while the search for her mother never really went anywhere, except for cementing that her dad sucks.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Huh. Did they announce America before? She's cool.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Abomination (might as well be dead seeing how much Marvel memory-holed Incredible Hulk)

Disney really hurried to prove you wrong there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah other than the actual firing that's exactly what happened to AoU.

Hawkeye isn't usually self aware.

He kinda knows that he's outmatched. But he doesn't really care about that and does his thing anyway. And that's why I like him and Kate.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Anything important to know about the Eternals? I don't really know a bit about them. From what I gather, they sorta died around the time I've started to read Marvel comics.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Despite all appearances in Snyder directed films to the contrary, Ben Affleck actually likes comic books and he and Damon are buds, so not unlikely that Damon thought it'd be neat to be in a Marvel movie.

Thor: Love and Thunder the hot new Marvel movie staring Matt Damon as Screaming Civilian #5.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Someone on Twitter just suggest Glenn Howerton as Reed and now I don't want anything else.

You infected me with this desire.
"Yes, I provided our landlord with military-grade technology. On retrospect, this may have been a problem, but it was the logical decision given the available data at the time. Anyway, the damage is done and we need to look forward. Now shut up, I need to think here!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

Look! Everyone's favorite charismatic actor!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1397670327174451205

I guess the huge beard he had in Tenet helped out?

Every time I read this guys name, I am disappointed that it's not Anna Taylor-Joy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

X-O posted:

The Illuminerdi is the the same person that James Gunn roasted for making poo poo up about Guardians 3 fyi.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1369445293733912577

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1369502723289219076

Well what does that nobody know? Does he have any sources for information which can be corroborated?
Besides, Disney is always lying about casting rumors. Both Haylee Steinfeld and Tatjana Malensey had to vehemently deny the rumors about their respective leading roles.
In a few weeks we will get an official notification that some Zack Efron lookalike snatched the role.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 8, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just saw The Suicide Squad and really liked it. But I kept thinking how Ratcatcher 2 is basically Squirrel Girl and how this means that she will never appear on screen since people would call it a ripoff.

Honestly, that feels like some sort of pre-emptive sabotage. Well, DC has now cornered the market for good hearted women, who befriend and command rodents.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 27, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Vandar posted:

They had cast Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl, and I was curious to see how that would turn out.

(Apparently she's done the voice for her in the Marvel Rising stuff. Did any of that turn out to be any good?)

Her voicework was good, but the plots were really bland.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I don't really think What If? is setting up anything.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Finally, Toothgnasher and the other goat get the recognition they deserve!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Please give Toothgrinder the respect they deserve

I did. :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh god atj is so loving boring in every role he’s in,poo poo casting.

Every time I read his name, I think of Anya Taylor-Joy and get disappointed. Give her the role instead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Here me out here, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis. Nobody will see that one comming.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Morbs Across America provided them to low morbed households

We're the Morbs in America, woho!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I literally don't know anything of his work. Is he like some kind of savant actor who is so godly talented that DC wants to look past all of this? I figure it's mostly just sunk cost, but I can totally see DC execs casting someone after such stuff is revealed.
That photo creeps me out, though. I think it's the lips.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 8, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

It's funny that Ezra got into more trouble right after Kevin Smith was interviewed about that and Batgirl. https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1556668374423408640

Why would I care for Kevin Smiths take on that? Was he involved with any of that? That's not exactly a unique opinion either.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Will he be the first person who wrote, acted and drawn for Marvel? Did Stan Lee draw stuff?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Supposedly the lead actress is playing Elsa Bloodstone
IMDB seems to agree.
Okay. My interest in that show just went from 0 to something like 60%.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

She'd make a kicking rad Stepford Cuckoos.

I don't think that the MCU should start with that right off the gate, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Who's that dude on the right. And am i wrong in feeling that this hat looks South American?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

well at least JK Rowling hasn't done anything problematic

No writer has.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

It would be peak WBD to hype up Cavill doing more Superman stuff and then a month later we find out that they lowballed him and he walked

Also, it turns out that they offered way more to someone else they settled on only for that person to go on a crime spree.

Alternatively, it the DC-verse will become a Orphan Black type thing, where Ezra Miller plays 90% of the characters.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 24, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fangz posted:

Wait, this isn't true to the movie?

I think that was retroactively explained in the sequel. In the first movie HAL just kind of went crazy for Daisy, without a clear reason.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I'd say outside of Spielberg, a lot of New Hollywood directors do have a cult of personality with film twitter, especially since Scorsese gave digs at MCU films not being real "cinema" whatever that means

People are really emotional about their love for Tarantino.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That's the pink haired friend of Domino, right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not sure who she is going to play but I think this is a casting announcement

https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/1625490184568737795?s=46&t=6h_qMaeazf0JLXZBRC37qw

I want to make a wild guess and say Boom Boom. Tabitha and Wade would have fun together.
But I have no knowledge of that actress, so I can't say if it would fit in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That looks really bad and I hope she cycles through different outfits. That's probably one of the most subdued outfits I've ever seen her in.
Maybe it works better in motion.