Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

twistedmentat posted:

I laugh every time at work I see a WW84 branded product, but not as much as all the coke with Olympics plastered all over it.

I adored the big standup with "TOP GUN: MAVERICK - JUNE 2020" filled with merch in our local Walmart yesterday. I forgot that was even supposed to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Somewhere Chloe Bennett just sighed.

I move she be given seven seasons as Dr. Aphra as recompense.

goddammit dude you put that thought in my head and the rest of my life will be a marathon of disappointment (well, moreso anyway) that it didn't happen.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Shirkelton posted:

Martin Scorsese stays winning.

the Russo Bros' mom never painted one dog lookin' this way the other dog lookin' the other way and a guy who's like "whaddaya want from me", that's for certain

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Remember how The Dark Knight set up this massive status quo change where the police would actively be hunting Batman and Gotham would turn against him, leaving him more isolated then ever? And then in DKR it turned out Bruce twisted his ankle real bad so he quit being Batman for nearly a decade?

I hate that loving movie.

there was a deleted stinger scene from the Dark Knight that was just the "Peter barks his shin" scene from Family Guy, but with Batman

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

She's Canadian, what could she possibly know of Jersey?!

go to Alberta and sniff some of the refineries, eat some pork roll, pick between the Giants and the Eagles, then hop in a car without ever having learned to drive and have no intention of learning. Bam, authentic Jersey.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

The worst part of the Jamie Foxx news was seeing Humberto Ramos tweet "now bring back Andrew Garfield". Goddammit Ramos.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Mary-Jane's plots are terrible. She should have a life of her own outside of being Parker's girlfriend/object of desire but all her plots feel like some out of touch writer going "I need to add something for the ladies to enjoy" assume women don't enjoy action or excitement. Also she seems very passive, though that's more "womens role in action movies" at the time than anything.

She ends every single movie of that trilogy captured by the big bad. I can't remember that ever happening in the comics (granted everything between Gwen dying and Secret Wars is a bit of a blind spot for me)

Say what you want about TASM1/2 (and buddy I'll say plenty), but jesus Emma Stone was a breath of fresh air next to those.

theironjef posted:

Basically the scene in Civil War where he's capably handling Winter Soldier and Falcon at the same time while also complimenting them on how cool their look and powers are is peak Peter for me. Earnest, wisecracking, genuinely impressed by the people he considers above him while clearly capable of playing at or above their level.

You forgot "annoying the poo poo out of his opponent by never shutting the gently caress up for five seconds" :allears:

also

Yvonmukluk posted:

Jake Johnson is the best movie Peter Parker Spider-Man*. I will take no further questions.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Super hero movies lived in that shadow until Iron Man kind of established the Mighty Marvel Movie Manner.

fixed :v:

Rhyno posted:

You're not wrong. Spider-man 2 was a heavyweight in it's day but it hasn't aged well.

None of the Raimi movies have, at all. The Evil Dead But With Ock Arms hospital scene from 2 excepted, of course.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Unmature posted:

That’s not Spider-Man 2 that’s Spider-Man 4 2 which is also Spider-Man 5

Under the Sajdak act that's Spider-Man 5: The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Which makes his most recent outing "Spider-Man 8: The Amazing Spider-Man 5: Into the Spiderverse 2: Spider-Man 2: Far From Home"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Stinger scene: Ben Reilly runs in the room and says "Guys, you're not gonna believe this"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

It's like somebody said I'm going to adapt the Twilight books....but remove all the stuff about Vampires and Werewolves.

so Fifty Shades of Grey then

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Spoiler, it's actually Leto playing himself and Batman sends him to Arkham for being a weird culty kid fucker.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Go back in time to April 2019, catch yourself as you leave Endgame. Tell yourself "the best superhero film of 2020 will be a tie between Bloodshot and The New Mutants". Then laugh and disappear as your previous self processes that sentence.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

This was all I ever needed to see of Turn Off the Dark. I'm good guys, thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RgR0-EWuNY

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I legit forgot that was this year, so nevermind

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, its like when people were complaining about Kamala's outfit looking cheap, probably because she's wearing a halloween or homemade costume. WTF guys, do they expect the character to wear the costume from the comics from day 1. Commenter there being "we stan comics kate" what the hell does that mean? Its not like they made some stupid joke about how TV Kate won't wear purple.

You'd think if they loved Kate in the comics they'd love seeing her in live action. But there has always been a subset of fans that are very vocal that are just mr complainy pants about everything.

for a female character it always boils down to "how am I supposed to jerk off to this" with these guys

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Alhazred posted:

Pretty bold of DC to side with Soviet.

WW84 ties into the upcoming Red Son film

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Vaiety reporting Walter George Alton to play a cynical, aged Pumaman in Spider-Man 3

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

not sure how or why Jared Leto's Joker will fit into Spidey's world

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

It's actually Spider-Man 8: The Amazing Spider-Man 5: Spider-Man 3: Spider-Man v Batman: Dawn of Justice, keep up you idiot

Lurdiak posted:

If I had takes this bad I would not say them in public.

we must still be in that Mandela Effect universe because only one of those Raimi films has a corner poking out of the trash can

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Still love this video for highlighting the amazing extras in the first one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4THpqdEgbqo

I hope whenever Maguire shows up it's like that bit in the Ninja Turtles Multiverse movie and he's all "oh, that's Mary Jane, she gets kidnapped twice a week"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Madkal posted:

Rewatching the first Spiderman right now because of this conversation and I must say that the whole "person walking in off the street to wrestle what I assume is a professional" just does not seem realistic at all.

next reboot will have Peter participating in STREETBEEFS

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Let Bautista pull double duty as Ben Grimm plz

Lobok posted:

Just a random thought but back in the day Paul Walker would have made a killer Torch.

According to first responders he made an excellent one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They should just have Ed Asner voice The Thing.

"Hey Matchstick. Wanna go for snowcones." "DO I?!?"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I got to see parts of Age of Ultron again recently and...man I forgot so much of that movie with good reason.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw Ultron in theaters but literally remember nothing about the experience

I remember prior to the trailers a teenager on a DS two rows down who kept going "Mommeeeeeeeeeee Mommeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mommeeeeee" to her mom for ten minutes straight. Cool that you guys have your dumb injoke but jesus christ.

My main memory of the first Avengers was the girl next to me *whipping out a laptop* during act 3 and just clickity clacking around.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

What the gently caress, where do you live dude

At that time, the wonderful city of Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Those familiar with Fayetteville will read this, nod, and say "oh, okay"

Open Marriage Night posted:

My most prominent memory from the Joker movie was someone’s baby crying in the front row.

My most prominent memory of Bad Santa was the woman who brought five children under 10 in

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Did people interpret that scene as Loki hiring Matt Damon to come to Asgard and play himself in a play? I just assumed he was some Asgardian actor.

Both of these can be true at the same time

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

Christ the Snyderverse seems to produce an inordinate amount of drama.

Name another forgettably lovely movie that we've had to hear about every goddamn week for four years after, I beseech you

Aphrodite posted:

It's Leto so it would be made out of some nonconsenting teenage 30STM fan's pubic hair though.

ftfy

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Would you settle for current AEW announcer (and former WCW announcer) Tony Schiavone?

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1077783423933169664?s=20

I don't know; bumping into that thing looks like it'd result in a trip to the hospital.

the virgin shin-barker vs the chad-looks-where-he's-going

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Zachack posted:

It's a nod to the NBCs The Blacklist Universe (NBCBUSVU). The Blacklist stars James Spader , best known for his role as Ultron in The Avenger Age of Ultron, as a highly classified source of information. Of course, in The Blacklist Spaders character is Red Redington, so the sign being in green is a subtle nod that BvS is in an alternate time line. The DCU and MCU are both incorporated into the NBCBUSVU, which also incorporates TLU and the HBOTU via L&O.

I would believe you copied and pasted this directly from IMDB's "Trivia" section

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Holy crap WandaVision! A Very Special Episode indeed!

:psypop::psypop::psypop::psypop::psypop::psypop:

I haven't been legit taken by surprise like that since Lost ended. Also, holy crap, "no, MORE mutants!" happened, the maniacs

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Anson Mount ain't doing anything and they're never gonna use that Black Bolt again

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The next Spider-Man is a crossover with the Homestar universe

ftfy

Phylodox posted:

The only thing I remember about Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was Sub-Zero showing up out of nowhere, saying “I will aid you in your quest!”, and then immediately running offscreen never to be seen again.

too bad YOU.....don't remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OocVcZodzII

if I'm gonna credit that movie with anything, it's the We Hate Movies riff on James-Remar-Raiden being your mom's boyfriend with a Trans Am who really likes your mom but isn't trying to replace your dad, Devon.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I have a hard time blaming anyone for Rise of Skywalker. Trevorrow showing his whole rear end on Fallen Kingdom and Book of Henry screwed up the timetable and Leia was supposed to have a much bigger story focus except Carrie Fisher loving died. Of course the whole thing was a mess, I feel like you've got to grade it on a curve.

I ain't grading "SOMEHOW PALPATINE RETURNED and also nothing from the last movie mattered lol" on any curve.

Karloff posted:

That said, not every JJ film is bad, but none really transcend moderately amusing and functional and I hope they get someone else for directing duties. I don't think someone who is frankly a fairly uninspiring filmmaker should get a go at Star Trek, Star Wars AND Superman. Let someone else take a turn.

JJ is fine if you're rebooting a dormant franchise; I liked TFA and his Star Trek. But RoS and Into Darkness prove that he can't do poo poo with them afterword aside from remix poo poo that was already done much better.

EDIT: Also I typoed "Tsar Trek" first so insert your own Chekhov joke here

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 26, 2021

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I remember more about the follow-on episode of Agents of SHIELD than I do The Dark World.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I genuinely don’t understand the logic behind insisting on a theatrical release

Getting my shot Friday and I'm gonna go see it in the theater just so I can quit thinking "goddamn, my last theater movie was Rise of Skywalker"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I think the thing people are not getting here about his run is that it looks like it's directly influenced by some kind of zen meditation/Tai chi poo poo where his movements are fluid.

Like, I can see an explanation that goes running like the T-1000 would be incredibly damaging to himself/cause Shockwaves because you're chopping a limb up and down at supervelocities. Just look at his intro scene: his shoes disintegrate because they can't handle the torsion/friction that comes from him pivoting, then he gingerly walks across the street and when he starts stopping his feet dig into the street.

I know it's weird but I like the look. Like he's gliding through things.
Skating the infinite comes to mind.

this forum led me to believe his shoes, like his pants, were made of go-fast

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm reasonably ambivalent to Snyder and his Cut these days, but I am actively repulsed by everything about Joss Whedon, so now I want to get a hashtag going that makes Marvel release the Snyder cut for Age of Ultron. Just have Snyder reshoot and recut everything Whedon has done in his mediocre life and erase him from public memory.

aw man Cap will go apoplectic when they make Tony say "gently caress" instead of "poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

but it says Alpha right there in the name

the Alpha games are prequels to the main games and are numbered sequentially it's the simplest part of it

except SF Alpha 2 officially "overwrites" Alpha 1 storywise, the same way SFIII Double Impact or whatever overwrites SFIII and lol Capcom

also MK21 actually kind of ruled leaning into its' dumb "yeah we throw fireballs we ain't gotta explain poo poo" stuff, and everyone complaining there was no tournament sounds like Milhouse screaming about that fireworks factory