Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
It figures that the new incarnation of my most visited thread also comes to pass in this the great year of 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Jamie Faith posted:

New Thew! Thew takes a look at the legendary original Beast Wars Megatron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaN4YczMnIY&feature=youtu.be

I found that toy in my attic recently.
Sand head sadly.

edit:

Let Civvie11 revive the dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3YG8oqhYMg

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 29, 2020

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Twincityhacker posted:

It's on Deep Blue, a supercomputer made to defeat chess champions. Which seems a lot different from Mr. Rabbit's usual fare.

Its a bit like his Temple OS video if you consider the psychological torture the chess champion had to go through.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan do look the same in that show, almost merging together like the bad guy from Timecop.

Rose has a pretty recognizable face to me
The saddest arc is her character (and her?) slowly becoming absorbed into the witchpersonalityblob that is Piper and Phoebe.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, same here! I play a lot of Japanese games (usually JRPGs) and I keep picking the wrong ones too, because oops all high heels and skirts.

I appreciate Fromsoftware games letting characters (usually) wear the same armorsets regardless of gender settings.
But damnit, I wanted my character to be able to wear the black Church set as a skirt in Bloodborne!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Jamie Faith posted:

Ouch. I remember liking some of their older stuff (like the James Bond vs Austin Powers one) but this is pretty dire...

Holy poo poo! That's attempted murder! :stonk: I hope they sue those people!

There are so many assholes like that, it would be like trying to punch into a swarm of gnats.
They'd deserve it tho.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

I am sure one ZachSnyder video somewhere explains why he didnt cover this scene in the movie.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
This cyberpunk mess unfortunately also reminded me that CriticalDrinker still exists.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
The only argument against I could see being fair is that some reviewers have played the game on easy mode and as a result missed out on why some elements like crafting are necessary.
But I don't even know if any review fits both those criteria.

I am inclined to not take The Quartering's side on any argument anyway.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Randallteal posted:

Bad news about the gaming community before Metacritic

Oh god Gamefaqs has so many terrible design schemes.
Not that I would know anything about that. No siree.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I did just randomly get an ad in the middle of a youtube video out of nowhere despite my blocker.
Maybe I shouldnt have left the tab open.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I am pretty sure Shauns point was 'morale bombing always sucks' anyway.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I imagine its very easy for someone to say dumb things when you feel like you have to defend your friends.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Merry Christmas. And to all, a good night!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Samovar posted:

Saint Nick says 'Happy Christmas', not 'Merry'! You're no true Christmas-celebrator!

In my country Saint Nick doesnt even celebrate Christmas!
(He perpetuates a horrible blackface tradition instead)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I sympathize because the worst sites love to mock him for it.

Also somehow I had never actually taken much notice of POGGERS and everything related to it.

edit: At least it isn't Lindsay's FreddieGotFingered Gif

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 9, 2021

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

muscles like this! posted:

Ugh, Jenny's Patreon only Vampire Diaries video also got copyright claimed.

Yep, and from the sound of things, it seems like they're just gonna hit her with a new claim anytime the previous claim is challenged.
I was just halfway through it too.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

MonsieurChoc posted:

Can't find it :smith:

People should really add thats its only available to Patrons right now.
So there's that reason why the link is not shared either.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
"Non-Binary Finery" Is also an amazing turn of phrase.

That said, capitalism is depressing as usual.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Great.

This just reminds me of how much I miss comics like Hiimdaisy though.

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 5, 2021

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Thank god for Civvie.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'd be fine with never seeing another Coffin tweet ever again. (unless it's about actual coffins)

I am always fearful that every time I click on the image to see what it actually says its gonna take me straight to his twitter.
But then I am still doing the clicking.

Also wait, he is supposed to be left?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

CharlestheHammer posted:

No one understands economics, especially people who specialize in it

Economics, even moreso than math, just felt like a feverdream class with a weird abstract set of nonsense rules that I never got a grip on.
I am so glad I could drop it after one year.

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 6, 2021

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Hell sometimes original (clean) recordings just get lost to time.
Allthough I wouldn't be surprised if people in charge just thought the original version didnt sound good enough anymore.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Grunch Worldflower posted:

What really sets Drawfee apart as a feel-good show is how all four of them are clearly fans of each other's work. You can especially see it in the speed drawing episodes where they all get a chance to really flex their skill and talk about process and stuff but every episode is a few talented friends genuinely having a good time together.

Plus we can always count on one of them to ruin Pokemon for everyone.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Vagabundo posted:

The American ratings system is loving stupid anyway, and everyone should adopt the ones used in New Zealand and Australia.

Just like with feet and yards and whatever.
I do not understand how G/PG/NC/R/X makes more sense than just saying 6/12/16/18 which is how we did it here in holland.
Then again maybe my country is just not very imaginative. (and sometimes PG13 movies just get shoved to age 16)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
There was also the whole BETRAYAL thing which everyone called Spoony unprofessional for, which got turned into running gag on the internet for a while.

I loved Spoony's work (especially the DND stories), but around his Ultima 9 retrospective it got real uncomfortable at times.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Well this comic finally makes sense then.

PS: Katie is the best online creator still creating.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Fil5000 posted:

The Leia stuff was on the same level as the Chief Starr stuff in that one episode of Community.

Cant be worse than that one episode of the Sopranos.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Oh I was referring in how it looked. I agree that it was handled badly and creepily in Carrie Fisher's place.
But Rise already had it rougher than a single episode of a show would, since they decided to have Leia's character stick around.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

CYBEReris posted:

I honestly liked the recast a lot, I feel like Gambon retroactively makes the character from the book make more sense by portraying that he has a strong emotional core that often gives him strength but sometimes pulls him in a specific direction and causes him to lose perspective. As opposed to just being a stoic and impenetrable wizened old man.

Though his Goblet of Fire direction was not the best
(they also cut down his usual endofmovie talk with Harry scene, which is unforgivable)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Ghostlight posted:

unfortunately it's not true.

You can play as Kirby, which is close enough to Jesus.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I mean Pokemon still throws random-rear end difficulty curveballs out of nowhere like with USUM's sweep machine Ultra Necrozma.

edit: Nintendo can also at least get crazy lucky with releases like Animal Crossing. My whole family bought their own switch just to play on their own island. How insidiously clever.

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 13, 2021

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Honestly the more questionable practice is them still creating two versions of the same game each generation and then again with a sequel sometimes. But now they've done away with the latter in favor of DLC and I suppose the former is just tradition at this point.

SteelMentor posted:

I wouldn't say Pokemon's main line games are completely devoid of difficulty. Most of the stuff people hold up as examples (EXP share for example) are more convenience features than not, and stuff like the limited time raids can be complete ballbusters. Remember slamming my head against Raid Mewtwo for a good fun while.

And now we have Dynamax Dungeons, which are quite fun in a difficult way too. (Screw you Zygarde)
But the main gyms are still pushovers mostly.

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 13, 2021

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Gen 5 was the peak for me as well. Though I still have fun with it.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah the issue is Nintendo games have never ever been hard and they've just gotten even easier as time went on even discounting all the super modes and guide modes and the like.

The NES/SNES era begs to differ

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Half of those were made harder arbitrarily in the NA releases and as invictus said if they were made today they'd have checkpoints/save points.

Hell Mario 3 had checkpoints and save files and was already way easier to actually beat than either Mario 1 or 2.

For me as a kid Mario 3 was simply impossible to finish.
SMW on the other hand.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I only did the singlepokemon thing once for Gen1, then I just wanted to have a neat team.. Though half of the time that just meant way too many psychics and or grass types.

Crosspeice posted:

Looks like I've caught the tail end of the Pokemon difficulty discussion since I have some weight in this, since I've been LPing the Pokemon games for the past while, just finishing up BW, so I have some thoughts.

Firstly, I was really glad to hit Gen 4 because finally the game's aren't braindead anymore. Sure, there's some tough parts here or there, but Gen 1 is just laughably bad in most aspects, Gen 2 is laughably boring and Gen 3 is laughably double battles. And even DP are pretty freaking awful, Platinum fixed so many little things it's kinda staggering, but if you have some nostalgia towards the DS games, you're not wrong, they are still amazing to play. They're varied, they're fun, they're a little tough and goddamn there's a lot of content. Not all of it is great, Musicals, Sinnoh HMs, most of the stuff HGSS kept from the godawful originals, but they're joys to play, absolutely love them to pieces. I've been looking forward to LPing B2W2 since I started Yellow, can't wait.

But I'll also admit USUM are my 3rd favourite in the series, the DS games are definitely the pinnacle, but Pokemon is a series where you make your own difficulty, and while the later games can be as braindead easy as the earlier ones, you have a million, billion tools to change things in all the ways you want. The main game definitely doesn't hold up, a lot of that is due to Game Freak moving systems every 4 years when they're just getting used to where they are, but the QOL stuff is all there and the games are still fun to play with a bunch of cool creatures, there's just not as much to keep you there outside of the very interesting and very complex PVP stuff. I've been LPing with a team of 6 and the difficulty has usually been just right, and there's always lots to explore and go over in every game, Game Freak loves their random side modes with weird mechanics you probably didn't look at for more than 5 minutes.

Anyway, play the DS games, maybe do GBA and prior, they're kinda samey after a while, and maybe give the 3DS games another shot, they're not that bad!

I could never call Gen 2 boring because of the whole swerve it threw at kidme during the second act. Including the real final battle.
Plus Johto just seemed like a better put-together region.
HGSS does improve a lot of its flaws too. (and improves the concept of a genremake from Leafgreen and FireRed)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

achillesforever6 posted:

Chip and Ironicus' LP of the F7R is going well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOdgzZ84bw

I just love it myself when I can see how much chip loves a game.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Captain Invictus posted:

Instead of making individual videos of getting each smash character into elite smash, alpharad did a huge marathon of getting every remaining character in, all in a row.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szSsGCoa86w&hd=1

On his journey, he encountered a K rool player by the name of Ironwill, and it is legendary. I can't believe he ran into him that many times in a row

And so many ragequits, my god.
Those two Lucinas were the worst.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Technically ragequitters do lose points apparently. But it shouldnt punish the one who wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
There is evidence of scenes being cut from TROS, going by the leaked artbook.
But I dont believe it would have made the movie better in any way besides not breaking my neck with its speed.
If the scenes were even shot to begin with.