Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Nuns with Guns posted:

Someone please say something either positive or negative about Zack Snyder or Modern Warfare, I'm begging all you.

What if Snyder directed a Call of Duty film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Jamie Faith posted:

New Thew! Thew takes a look at the legendary original Beast Wars Megatron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaN4YczMnIY&feature=youtu.be

I just bloody love how much FUN Thew always seems to be having.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn’t Dan Olsen that contrarian fin critic guy.

Why would anyone care what he thinks about politics.

Might as well ask movie bob his opinion

I'm not sure "Suicide Squad, The Snowman and Book of Henry were bad" qualifies as contrarian

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

They were balls but gross. They even had a Marvel comics adaptation.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Katt posted:

Maybe go find the thread not dedicated to internet personalities if you're tired about hearing it :v:

He doesn't have a personality

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Plus some of the stuff he has to use like tiny magnets is stuff your average opportunistic thief is unlikely to have to hand

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Katt posted:

Anita Sarkeesian is back in the discourse and I am amazed at the diversity of her anti-fans.

Reaching new heights of disappointment as I watch queer leftist mutuals hold hands with full on magas and alt righters over how much they hate her.

Oh no, does this mean Davis/Aurini productions is back in business too

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Archer666 posted:

2021 is gonna be the new 2014, baby

REUNITED

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Price is also playing Ghislaine Maxwell's dad.

I feel like he's closer to Murdoch than Maxwell. Either way he's 100% Pryce chewing the scenery and he's great.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Jamie Faith posted:

Oh and don't Dr. Kaufman! Played brilliantly by Vincent Schiavelli, who was so good, he completely stole the spot light for the entire 4 minutes he was on screen :allears:

The second funniest phone call in Bond history. The first is the one where Drax is trying to get a replacement henchman after Bond killed his last one.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Terrible Opinions posted:

I was making a joke about the arrow-verse 2015 Constantine show. No idea how good or bad it was other than assumptions due to it being arrow-verse.

It was an odd mix to be honest. They made some odd choices regarding Chas, and he has Zed along with him as well instead of being a lone dickhead, but one of the episodes is an adaptation of the first comic arc (the Gary Lester one) and is surprisingly faithful to it, and I was really expecting them to cop out on the ending. Matt Ryan was good as well. If it had been on a cable network instead of NBC it might still be going.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Meanwhile, Legends of Tomorrow fished Constantine out of the TV abyss and made him a main character years ago and it's been great. Matt Ryan really kills it as Jonny C. It also wrapped up all of NBC Constantine's leftover plot threads from when it was canceled.

I should really get around to that. I have heard nothing but good things.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Archer666 posted:

He was good in The Man From UNCLE movie too. I don't remember much from that movie aside from Cavil and the amazingly stylish clothes everyone had.

It's an extremely fun film, Cavill is incredibly charismatic in it, Armie Hammer is good even if the take on Kuryakin is slightly weird, everyone else is great in it as well. Guy Ritchie can direct a fun action film.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Twincityhacker posted:

Seconding the fact that Man from UNCLE was a very fun film and I am sad it never got a sequal.

Apparently everyone involved is up for another one if they can sort out scheduling. Which means it's dead.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

BrendianaJones posted:

It has been a while since the part of their fanbase that secretly hates them tried to cancel them over something ridiculous and minor, hasn't it?

*edited for grammar*

I think the last time was Justin tweeting his wife going into an alternative medicine store in a mall to kick off at them for promoting nonsense.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

BrendianaJones posted:

The most recent was the stuff with the publishers that most people agreed they handled really well.

And then a certain subset of fans were furious that they didn't basically run their own publishing company so they could constantly monitor every singe thing they do on top of running a podcast empire and having families.

It is good that fans feel comfortable to bring problems up to them directly and they always address fan concerns. Most fans are perfectly reasonable and don't expect them to be perfect, it's just a small subset that is very loud and seems like they only hang around in hopes to be the one who finally brings down these podcasters who keep seeming to be genuinely decent people. But enough about the Facebook groups.

Oh yeah I forgot the comic stuff, that was lovely of the publisher. It was good that those boys paid those artists and fixed it.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Alaois posted:

i still haven't watched both matrix sequels all the way through, all i know about them is that they did Tank dirty

Was there a behind the scenes story about that? Something to do with salary negotiations?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Jamie Faith posted:

A couple years ago, he posted a "Are we the baddies" meme directed at democrats for opposing trump :shepface:

So yeah, he still has mashed potatoes where his brain should be.

Anyway, new Thew!

https://youtu.be/DrKhUAq0Q1c

I loving love Thew. A man who just seems to enjoy himself in every video.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Alaois posted:

there's nothing generally wrong with elliot kalan but listening to a lot of episodes of the flophouse, he has a tendency to decry media about criminals or anyone who kill people as if its impossible to relate to or like characters who kill people in movies or tv shows or comic books and its strikes me in a really weird moralizing way

Which is weird because he seems to love noir films.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I fell asleep in front of the TV a while ago with a Noah Gervais video and when I woke up YouTube was halfway through autoplaying a loving Mauler video. It's sort of impressive how the algorithm can just go "these two videos are long and have a dude talking over some footage, must be the same thing" and come out so loving wrong.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Alaois posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBN5k6WoG-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEmb-1E7FAQ

there are new videos by Mandalore and Civvie today and you motherfuckers are still talking about Peter Coffin somehow

Civvie's is glorious. I remember Alpha Prime being a forums "favourite" shortly after its release so it was fun to see it in Civvie's hands.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

CGI Leia in Rise of Skywalker is incredibly tasteless. They at least had some semi-relevant unused dialogue to use with Cushing iirc, but for Leia it's all random cut dialogue with zero relevance they're trying to hamfistedly force into some kind of context.

And fail miserably at it.

The Leia stuff was on the same level as the Chief Starr stuff in that one episode of Community.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

While the talk around Rolfe was genuinely dumb there is a moment that stuck out which is that he wanted to show his daughter the "real GHOSTBUSTERS" (not the cartoon) while maybe not considering that a girl is going to identify more with the all-female version as opposed to the old guys that her Dad found funny.

Still, it was the worst time for 'the discourse' when people had to pretend that GB2016 was good. For the record I don't mind it, but Paul Feig is simply not a very good director and Kirsten Wiig clearly didn't want to be there. Leslie Jones was great though.

It was an adequate movie that needed more script and less improv. And also, you know, an actual final act.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Archer666 posted:

Same here. If anything, it being an outdated view of the future adds to the cyberpunk charm.

Personally I'm enjoying CP2077, as glitchy as it sometimes can be. It did pleasantly surprise me that the story idea is being a person who is dealing with a terminal illness. That's usually not a story game studios sink their teeth in.

It loses some of its bite because the illness only progresses when the plot requires it. Which is great for being able to enjoy the open world but hilarious when you get cutscenes about how ill you are and how little time you have and then proceed to tool around Night City looking for broken taxis and committing police sanctioned murder for ten hours.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Yeah I liked him talking about audio quality complaints while trucks roared past in the background and he lost what he was talking about.

Honestly, he's been doing this long enough that people should know what they're getting by now. He does what he does and you're either on board or you're not, seems faintly ridiculous he has to spell that out for people.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, he was always fantastic and even when i dont agree with his opinions, its always something interesting.

He's also got a gift for a perfect turn of phrase as well. I've forgotten which game it was he was talking about when he said "well, I wanted more character and now I've got my wish and I have to smoke the whole carton", but it really made me laugh.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

McCloud posted:

The theatrical cut was cut to the bones.
There's a lot more connective tissue in the UE. The theatrical cut for instance almost cut out all the parts of Clark Kent investigating the Batman brutalizing criminals, which is what makes him go after Batman in the first place.

Basically it helps clarify some of the major plot points and adds some characterisation and character beats.

My personal opinion is that it goes a bit too far in overexplaining some stuff, the ideal version is between the TC and the UE, but overall the UE is widely considered to be the far superior version, to the extent some people that hated the TC did a 180 on the film after seeing the UE because the films intentions "clicked"

I think there's like 20 minutes of extra footage. And a surprise cameo from Jimmy Olsen!

Isn't that cameo just him getting shot in the face?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

God its funny how weird-horny King was in pretty much every book. Dude loved his coke.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

josh04 posted:

Feels a bit mean to put Steven Moffat, who wrote some TV people don't like, in a box with Roman Polanski thirty years on the lam for paedo crimes.

Take him off it, put Warren Ellis in there as writer instead.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

macabresca posted:

Re: Polanski, the apologism is even worse in Poland. A while ago a film school that Polanski is an absolvent of invited him for a meeting, and a lot of students protested. The school director's answer was basically "How dare you believe in these old and false accusations, this place is free from politics, what do you know about true art anyway, you stupid stupid brats"

These people like to forget that Polanski pled guilty and therefore IS guilty and he ran away before sentencing. It's not a false accusation, he's a sex offender.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The vtuber chat has just unearthed a memory from the star citizen thread of the guy who got to ask CIG a bunch of questions about the game, then edited the video responses so it looked like he'd posed his questions to them dressed in a fursuit with a horribly pitched up voice

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Advent Rising was one of the earliest games I had on Steam after Half Life 2 and yeah, it's very much a mess. The "Halo Killer" era produced a lot of attempts but AR was probably the most blatant. Or Brute Force, one of those two.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Gwen posted:

the main guy is very clearly a pedophile and the story is about taking him from that utterly despicable place and having him become a better person through a change in environment and upbringing. I don't think it makes thew unwoke or whatever if he can see the worth in an example of extreme rehabilitation, but apparently the guy is functionally rewarded for becoming a decent human being with a de facto harem of girls(some of which are or were underaged) so it kind of begs the question if the author fully gets the implications of what he's writing.

This confused me because I hadn't realised there were two youtubers called Thew

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Sarcopenia posted:

Allison Pregler has gotten to the weird paranormal mystery part of Baywath Nights.
Allison Pregler - "Baywatching Nights: Season 2 Intro"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg_pb9iB5Ro

It is genuinely bewildering how big a retool this was and how little they bothered to explain it

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

stillvisions posted:

Legend has it blue checkmarks are a finite resource, and the only known way to get them is to chase an e-celeb off Twitter.

Others are currently burrowing deep underground trying to find that legendary vein of blue checkmark gold, determined to make this vaunted status available for all.

That's ridiculous, blue checks are generated every day and added to the block chain, you just need to mine harder

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

stillvisions posted:

I mean, that was literally why Transformers: The Movie killed off a bunch of transformers - to make room for new faves to sell. It went over... poorly.

I mean it did and it didn't. Kids cried but I don't know if you'd still see Hasbro/Takara cranking out eleventy billion versions of Optimus Prime if they HADN'T killed him off in the movie. They killed them all off to sell toys, but it absolutely had the effect of cementing some of those characters in people's minds.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Kunster posted:

I would like to congratulate Kim for her nearly hour long documentary on Trespasser and the wishes that, if going into the wilderness in the near future, she hopefully finds her way back home quicker than the only other person who has devoted such considerable time to that particular title.

Did something happen to Research Indicates?!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Kunster posted:

During his Trespasser lp, there was a delay bc he got lost in the woods for a whole week while hiking.

Oh, I only found it years later on the lparchive so I lacked context

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

DeafNote posted:

I mean there's a lot more reasons than that why doctor who series 11 an 12 were just not as good and if they want to get it all out.. whatever.
Shame about the Mauler connection though.

# someday we'll find it
# the Mauler connection
# the nazis
# the poo poo takes
# and ableism

Mauler is the mirror universe Kermit the frog, change my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Lotus Aura posted:

I dunno about that. Pretty sure MauLer would never be able to teach the merits of being patient.

Exactly. He's the opposite of everything Kermit is.