Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
no more election toxxes, but there is a maps thread where you can bet to donate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My ginger cat is a chill guy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

Hi this is Tater. He's a massive idiot coward who's adorable with a derpy face.

He thinks our daughter's crib is his.

It is

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The impression should not at all be the candidate almost lost because they were bad, it's clear that Trump and what he stands for is incredibly strong

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like, people didn't vote for Trump because he was an unknown. They voted for him because they liked him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

It is perhaps worth asking why, given his open contempt for the processes of the government, so many people apparently hate the government and the democrats in particular, though. And what the new administration should be doing about that, if you get one.

We already have people in this very thread saying that they wish Trump had won and think that might've been better. In that light, how could that possibly be a surprise?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

i am very tired and hungover, but i do think figuring out how to essentially deprogram the 40% of our population which has willingly joined a cult and has an entirely irreconcilable and different worldview to the rest of us is... not easy.

like, people have talked about this in the qanon thread, but how in the gently caress do you even broach a conversation with someone who earnestly believes that democrats eat children to harvest their precious adenechrome? what is your shared frame of reference?

Iowa had a completely mismanaged farming disaster and it changed nothing.

My only real take away from all of this is the messaging matters more.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Biden did turn people out. Turnout of dems is super high.

Trump just ALSO turned out people.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo. They did. They put in the fix.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zore posted:

Even in Florida its loving bizarre. Biden ran ahead of Hillary everywhere except Miami-Dade.

see above tweet

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BougieBitch posted:

Just because 60% vote for min wage and 60% vote for legal weed does mean it's the same 60%. If you put every progressive issue in a ballot and they all individually win, that doesn't mean that a candidate with that exact combination of policies would win, because the people who voted yes on one might vote no on the other and looking at single-issue polling doesn't tell you anything about the weighted importance of those issues relative to one another.

many people want to make more money and also hate, e.g, abortion. you're correct that these outcomes give insight but nothing concrete.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gaius Marius posted:

I didn't call him pathetic I said his attitude was pathetic. Throwing pity parties has done jack poo poo for the left. We have no idea what's going to be happening two years from now. Acting like everything is hopeless because Mitch still controls the senate is just giving yourself permission to give up fighting for what you believe in.

In January, I was inches from toxxing for Trump to get it emotionally out of the way. I expected him to win re-election. Almost every president does. A victory is a victory.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

kronix posted:

That you for a very not dumb take.

Trump is going to die with the stink of loser and NYS dragging his fat rear end through the ringer for the next 10 years until he eats the one cheeseburger that finally sends him over the edge.

Yeah, polls are stupid, libs are idiots and we hosed up on the senate side but there’s an upside here.

Also, Biden turned out his people. Trump turned out people that no one ever expected and certainly weren't motivated by "fear of Joe Biden" (not even Republicans cited this).

This was a turnout election and we had no idea that there truly was a +7 Nazi Adjustment across the board we were secretly fighting the whole time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheDisreputableDog posted:

This might generate a wave of snark, but the proposed Muslim ban drove my 2016 decision to not vote for Trump. I changed my registration literally the day after the “good people on both sides” presser. So I guess I buy into the Lincoln Project’s general thesis, country before party.

I think there are a lot of people like you. Thank you for making the switch. I know that the Democratic Party probably doesn't represent a lot of your interests very well, but I appreciate you understanding the priority of the nation.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Everything good out of GA this cycle is 100% thanks to Abrams.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it was about Joe losing. It was a personal promise to not advocate for him because they taught he sucked. Presumably, they still think he sucks. And of course it was also to gently caress with some D&D posters, that's why they added the special Swing State version.

Yeah, for anyone who was claiming it wasn't about triggering other users, the "special" version? come on. :rolleyes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Hello I'm posting from Philadelphia, glad that my vote helped stop the lovely idiot

Thank you Philadelphia

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Goodbye Betsy DeVos

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The cabinet changes over. The cabinet changes over.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Stephien Miller go to hell
Jared Kushner go to jail
Barr go to hell
DeVos go to hell
Hell, jail, hell, jail

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Arcsquad12 posted:

I just woke up and Biden won. Did you guys take the senate?

No, control of the Senate is likely to be determined by the Georgia special elections

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Congratulations to Joseph R Biden specifically. Back from retirement to do what was thought to be impossible.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shammypants posted:

The idea that we were so close to so many organizations being fundamentally destroyed, largely privatized, drained or otherwise mangled (further) is astounding. From NOAA, EPA, NIH, CDC, NASA, DoJ. Free at least temporarily from complete isolation, alteration or destruction.

USPS.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Will the loving antagonistic trolling crypto chuds please gently caress off forever thanks

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
How many rubles will it take to get some of you fuckers to shut up. You do know his campaigns out of money right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Acceleration is a fake concept. We already had a pandemic and an economic crisis like we've never seen before in this country and nobody did poo poo. Millions of people live in slums in India and they don't rebel. Neither will you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If Mitch had suspected this was close, he'd have give stimulus.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Today is the day the United States disavowed white supremacy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xombie posted:

Well most of it. Kinda.

If Trump won, the opposite is true. Take a win that America threw out Miller.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Biden would win or Trump. If y'all are honestly of the view that Trump winning would somehow horseshoe-logic be better for minorities, I cannot stress this enough, go outside.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love people constantly rolling out the Strom Thurmond eulogy, having never listened to it, where Biden (requested by strom to speak) basically goes on and says Thurmond was a racist but he was glad became less racist over time and that Biden thought it was weird he was asked to speak

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bootleg Trunks posted:

What's gonna happen to Diamond and Silk? :ohdear:

They literally already turned on him for the grift

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Neat!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lol mark Meadows

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Mark Meadows gonna be taken away from the White House in an ambulance, and as soon as it is out of sight stop it, jump out the back doors and just loving hoof it down the road and never be seen again.

His pockets jangling with loose change and White House silver

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Glumwheels posted:

Hahaha the White House is a hot zone.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GamingHyena posted:

Didn’t a higher percentage of Republicans vote Trump in 2020 than 2016? What did the LP actually do to influence the election besides producing meme worthy ads for Democrats to consume?

That doesn't mean it's necessarily attributable to them. Give it time, we'll figure out some stuff. Maybe it's 94 without, who knows at this point. This is really something that you can't determine ahead of time with that much precision.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's extremely stupid to blame the Lincoln project, really for anything. There's absolutely no way to know if Republicans would have been 94% for Trump if they hadn't existed versus 93, or whether they would've been 89, instead of 93. Or whatever. There's literally no way to disentangle their effect from whatever happened. This is a super dumb fight, and frankly AOC is dumb for having it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Harold Fjord posted:

Ah yes the eternal refrain of "the left is wrong and we have to go right".

No, and that's a really loving stupid take from what I said. I'm saying that it's dumb to have this specific fight when there's literally no way to ever know who is right or wrong about it. There are way better things to be doing right now than having petty ideological fights among ostensible allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Harold Fjord posted:

Republicans are not our allies and our fights with them are not loving "petty", gently caress you.

Especially when they were acting doing what you all said they should be doing, running negative ads during Trump's illness. You especially can't retroactively blame them for doing the things we (including AOC) said should be done!

And again, in this time of very little good info on what affected what, AOC immediately blazing guns on an insufficiently pure organization is frankly dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln Project got some Republicans to vote Libertarian. If that were the effect, they may have saved the election. We will never know, and definitely not right now.