Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tsyni posted:

Why do I still need to switch to controller every time, and why can't I use my mouse and controller?

when programming inputs, allowing players to double up on input methods can lead to extremely horrible gamebreaking problems the likes of which nothing else in the world can create

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tsyni posted:

Ok, but what about just in menus? Lots of games seem to be able to switch when you hit a key of the other input twice

that's true genshin is especially bad about this. but as far as i can tell they're using incontrol to manage their gamepad inputs, and THAT is poorly documented and fairly :psyduck: on the best of days. having to toggle between keyboard and gamepad detecting mode to tiptoe around it sounds just about right

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Indecisive posted:

yea i get it tho elemental sight is just really clunky and uninteresting and doesn't really add anything to the game i feel like

you can't have an open world game without ASSASSINS CREED(tm) vision

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so glad i got diona. chong is good but he isn't as much of a support character as i need him to be on a team that includes both keqing and klee.

she's getting his +20 cryo goblet though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

Any recommends for what to focus on to drag this group of shitters through Abyss 10?

can you do something creative with xingqiu and chongy? i feel like you have staggeringly few units who are 70+ even though you've unlocked ascension 5. you may just have to grind artifacts and exp books

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The shield generator isn't on a random pillar, it's on the one the hypostasis itself is on. You can whack the pillar from inside the shield so that multi-shockwave attack is actually a huge dps window.

last time i tried, the shockwave attack is NOT a dps window and it's immune to damage during that time. the laser spin has the kind of vulnerability window you're describing however--that's why it ends with a short ranged inward-facing attack

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters?

suspicious steak

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Are we still talking about the geo hypostasis?
The shockwave attack is like 10 seconds of free time to invulnerably hit the pillar while you stand inside the shield. That's pretty much a free pillar break, which knocks the hypostasis down to the ground and gives you an actual dps window.

oh ok im thinking of thunder, which also does a ground wave attack

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mr Snips posted:

Do we know if the event will be giving out AR exp? I'm so close to AR45 but I think the only way I could hit it this week would be to spend resin on the bosses, which I'd ideally like to avoid so I can make the most of the increased drops

you get 5 exp for every singular point of resin you spend, even if you're just spending them on refining magic crystal ores. i would be utterly SHOCKED if you don't get adventure exp for spending resin on this event.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Glazius posted:

Can you cap your BP for the week? I don't think I ever actually have, maybe the weeklies rolled wrong, but either way pass-level achievements including events don't count for the weekly cap.

i just did :v:

i'm at rank 19 with 190 exp. it happens if you do a lot of dailies, weeklies, and then one thing out of the monthly. it's too bad because it means i won't be able to get my black sword until after next week.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ashenai posted:

The monthlies don't count for your weekly limit. It's just that the weekly plus seven times the dailies add up to 10860.

ahh ok. i guess i better do my monthlies then lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Descar posted:

I just wish all mobs dropped loot.

I see some daily commissions drop, but other don't..

Quest enemies usually doesn't drop anything.
The mobs guarding the crystals on the map, didn't drop anything, so i just ran past them and snagged the crystal.

I think the game would be a lot more fun if all mobs, wherever, dropped, even in domains.

just a rant about the effort to find loot i guess.

i feel you man i had the same difficulties. but as you continue to play you'll find that you have such an excess of poo poo that you won't even be able to spend your drop materials on account of not having enough characters or weapons that use them.

drops are also way more generous at adventure rank 40+, i felt like they were plentiful even at 35. it's kind of a bummer that wr dictates the quality AND quantity of drops but what can you do?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
is it just me or do you guys find many of the daily commissions to be really irritating busy work? especially the ones that are like, talk to this npc, now talk to THIS npc, now go to this area and fight poo poo, now go to a DIFFERENT area, okay now you need to report it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The best commission is the hilichurl tower one because it takes less than a minute to complere. Can I just get day where it's 4 hilichurl tower commissions?

my favorite is either this or balloon sabotage because it's quick and easy

balloon defense can eat poo poo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jinnigan posted:

balloon sabotage was awful when i was running f2p carries (xiangling, fischl). now i have childe and i burn through it in under a minute. p a y 2 w i n

oh yeah sabotage is only easy if you have characters who do either heavy or massive damage. and get the hilichurl defenders close and hit it with the aoe from some overloads lol.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bussamove posted:

I am paralyzed with indecision about whether to keep pulling to try and get Diona or to save my primos to try and get Razor constellations/Zhongli to pair with Ningguang and it is killing me inside. On the one hand completion, on the other it's yet another bow user that wants Rust (I think?) and I only have the one.

razor is good but his constellations aren't going to be huge or anything. i guess it depends on who else you have. if you have qiqi then diona is redundant. if you have fischl or keqing, then razor isn't needed. you probably always want an archer, so if your only options are amber or fischl, except you have a better thunder unit than fish, then i'd say go for diona

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Yeah I have not been disappointed with my decision to buy razor with starglitter during the first month. He does great work.

Granted I also have qiqi who is his most ideal partner but still

razor is a powerful unit, but both he and diona are situational to pull on depending on the other units you have. he's part of my abyss team but seriously between him and fischl there's no contest because she just drops like 20k+ physical damage in under a second with her autoattack and you get your reactions with oz

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

Oops pulled Childe.

lol.

lol same. i was trying to get c4 diona

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how are you supposed to fight those sonic the hedgehog bastards because it seems to be random whether you knock them on their back, or they tpk you in under a second

e: rolled a helmet with straight energy recharge

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 4, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

AweStriker posted:

As for geovishap hatchlings, it’s been a while since I fought one but I think they have Geo armor you need to remove with bombs, Overload, or Zhongli before you can really lay into them...

ah ok i better just lay into them with klee then, i was trying to knock it down with jean and razor

dogsicle posted:

i'm fairly sure they only fall over from using one of their rarer moves. never had issues killing them though, their little breakdance spin is the move the most often catches me with a hit or two due to wide AOE but you get a lot of time to beat on them once they sit still to do their easily dodgeable claw attack.

the one in abyss is giving me problems not with the spin attack but with the weird earth shake poo poo, because it's so huge it takes two sprints to escape the aoe, and it doesn't even have to be standing still to use it. or even alive at all

No Wave posted:

Save it for Ganyu! It will kick rear end!

maybe i can pull ganyu but right now it is on Diona for constant melt/superconduct aoe zones

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ashenai posted:

There's also a great feeling of YES, DID IT when you make it up a cliff or to an island with a sliver of stamina remaining. It's fun!

otoh if you DON'T then you're stuck sitting around for 5 minutes while your instant stamina food cools down, but your stamina doesn't deplete

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
black tassel is good, for leveling up your sacrificial sword

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i am extremely tired of these lovely assed "find and clean up the leaves" missions

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Osmosisch posted:

Oh yeah of course it's doable it was just such a little gently caress you at the end there, just a tiny gap of water but still enough to mess you up if you don't pay attention (I didn't pay attention :saddowns:)

i paid attention, but i couldn't talk to her due to the direciton i was facing when i landed on her boat. so when i turned, of course the game cranked the momentum up to maximum and sent me flying straight into the water

the mondstadt one sucked rear end too, please deliver this item through this area infested with archers on towers but you can't dash or glide. gently caress the sadist who designed these

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

inthesto posted:

I use Diluc/Chong now, and I just tag Chong in, hit his skill, and tag out.

It would probably work even better if I were smart enough to do that while the pyro from Diluc's burst weren't active, but playing Diluc on point for so long has given me a very smooth gorilla brain.

do it backwards of this imo, put up diluc's burst and then switch to chong so you maximize your cryo dmg output (rather than converting diluc's phys to cryo) and proc a ton of melts

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ytlaya posted:

Oh, he's definitely great, even in comparison to Jean. While Jean is better at healing, Bennet seems to generate a lot more energy for the party and I wouldn't be surprised if the attack buff from his burst works out to more damage overall (since it empowers other characters).

Also he's Pyro, which is inherently good.

jean is "better" at healing but the burst is usually more hp than anyone has unless you built like hp diona or something. a massive amount of it is wasted in overflow and her circle's pulse only proc swirls off the player character and off of ground-based elemental effects (when it should really probably swirl off everything like... well, every other god drat anemo character). her ascension bonus is also Healing Power%, which is even more unnecessary.

jean is a cool character and i have her C1 but basically everything about her kit is crappy and even what appears to be synergistic works against itself because overheal is worthless in this game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Reiterpallasch posted:

she can air juggle human-sized elite enemies (cicin mages, abyss mages, fatui agents) forever, keeping them from doing anything while repeatedly slamming them into the ground for falling damage that would put diluc to shame. coincidentally, some of the most annoying domains and abyss stages in the game are loaded up with these enemies.

how? when i hit them into the air, they stay stuck up there and i can't hit them unless i bring out a bow user. when they come down, they aren't staggered anymore so the charge can't hit them back up, and enemies seem to take knockback/fall damage maybe once every dozen hits. i would be much more confident in her if her charge didn't make enemies basically untargetable.

is fall damage vs enemies a latency thing? because i basically never see it on jean and i have 135+ms latency; this also affects my ability to fight stormterror.

e: this food delivery event is absolutely dreadful. i just lost a dish right in front of the guy because i JUMPED, even though jumping is not forbidden on the quest text

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 13, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Reiterpallasch posted:

you need to use her charge attack and elemental skill in combination: punt them into the air with the charge attack, use the elemental skill hold's suction effect to slam them into the ground hard enough to deal falling damage, and then release them back into the air for a second instance of falling damage when they land. it's something like 30% max HP between the two hits, which works out to be 50k+ damage in the upper floors of the abyss. and you can do this every six seconds, and the enemy spends most of those six seconds flailing helplessly in the air.

someone posted a video of them doing it earlier in the thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ko6zhDU5ww

yeah you see i do this but they don't take damage when they hit the ground and when they fall after i throw them into the air it's definitely a <10% chance that they'll take damage at all. it's probably just a latency thing but it makes jean basically crap. the best i've ever gotten out of her is double casting her skill with the sacrificial sword and hoping they're both crits, because fall damage is completely unreliable for me.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 13, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
^oh man if only that arti was crit chance instead of crit rate. keqing gets a ton of it from ascending already.

Reiterpallasch posted:

there could be something weird going on client-side with the physics modelling (framerate?), but i don't think it's latency--i tried bouncing my connection through literally europe and back and the falling damage applied for me:

framerate is also a distinct possibility, mine is a little bit low and if they put the physics in Update() like most lazy unity devs then that'd do you.

as for logging in from another country it's probably fine, i've been doing it accidentally a lot because i switch my vpn on and off.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 13, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

zgrowler2 posted:

Any pro tips for nabbing crystalflies on mobile?

play online with a friend or two, if possible. crystalflies basically have two states of matter in multiplayer, one of which is "unresponsive and glued to the ground" and the other is "instantly moved 5000m into the air" and it's basically a coin flip which one it spawns as

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Wave posted:

Arti domains give you arti XP and tbh unless you get omega unlucky (or are super picky) you'll have serviceable pieces well before you have enough arti XP for your team.

i've been doing arti domains for about a month now and i've gotten, like, seven 5*s that are in any way usable at all (i.e. not Def%)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Wave posted:

If you've gotten 100+ golds and only 7 have substats that aren't defense or HP idk what to tell you. The odds of that are 1 in billions.

EDIT: If as the poster above described you've been doing domains pre-AR45.... rip.

no i didn't touch them until 45, i'm in the 50s rn

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
black sword is great always but if you have to choose between it and something else, let me ask: do you have two good healers? if not, black sword can carry keqing in abyss in your healer-less team.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gandlethorpe posted:

Pro-tip for those who do artifact runs or check for the Wei on top of Stone Gate:

https://i.imgur.com/N7O25wW.mp4

what is this tile i've never seen it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i hate to sound like an Entitled Gamer but im pretty sure im not going to renew my monthly or my battle pass to express my discontent with this terrible food delivery event. voting with my dollar

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'd have a better impression of it if the intended route also didn't frequently have hidden gently caress-yous on it, like electro stones on the only viable ascent point. also maybe, just maybe, if the clock didn't run while you were in menus, or on loading screens :psyduck:

the quest details in the hud should also list the restrictions. you know. to keep the clock from running down while you double check what you aren't allowed to do

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gandlethorpe posted:

I also like this mini-event because it exposes how little many people know about the game mechanics

i know the game mechanics just fine but i'll frequently have to redo them because of load times and getting my bearings, and i come in just a split second under the clock. it's really irritating gameplay.

if i have to retry it, at least let me restart from my last warp point with a full timer, like the gliding challenge or ballon defense/sabotage

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

I think food delivery has been my favorite event. It is simple, doesn’t cost resin, lets the devs show off fun interesting puzzle challenges, encouraged me to mix up my world party, and can ultimately be cheesed completely if you really want to.

Oh and it is absolutely insane and everyone involved a crazy person.

i was pretty into it today until i did the one in stormterror's lair, the other two are sensible and slightly challenging but stormterrors is straight up a gently caress-you-here's-an-electro-stone-you-can't-see-while-climbing, break it and try again! and that's bad design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Log082 posted:

you can also just jump off the top of the center spire and glide to it easily

it would've been nice to know that gliding was permitted without going into the menu to double check, you know what i'm saying?

i complain but honestly anything i don't get first try i just cheese with the portable waypoint. it's one of those death by a million cuts sorts of things where taken individually, the problems with the event are quite small. but put together, and they're a recipe for a bad time.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 17, 2020