Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No Wave posted:

3.) Don't do any artifact domains until at least AR40 (I'm still waiting until AR45)

Addendum: if you’re thinking of doing them before then for the journal objective, that’s tied to beating the monsters, not spending the resin for the artifacts at the end. So as long as you don’t take the reward you can get the clear without wasting valuable resin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

x1o posted:

I need to stop wandering around then and actually finish the Archon quests

:same:

I just got back after not playing since the launch month and was kept from the Moonchase event until I cleared the second half of the Morax storyline.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pope Urbane II posted:

A known NPC getting a vision and becoming playable is my biggest want. The quest for that would be great.

(Or Barb's stalker is one who gets it because of his extreme toxic fandom)

Timmie gets it and sets out for revenge.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol, :same:

My gear situation is pretty dire.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Araganzar posted:

Bosses need to drop billet troves. The 4* weapons aren't that good. The only billet catalyst I want is Prototype Amber for Kokomi and I have received TWO catalyst billets killing the bosses that drop them close to 200 times. I made the mistake of using my 2 free catalyst billets (sakura tree and souvenir shop) on Mappa Mare for Mona early on and so the best I can do now is an R2.

PA is still decent at that level but I'm definitely feeling the need for more.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Seconding the "event good, :words: bad" opinions. This is a lot more fun than Spiral and has been a very good source of mora but the cutscenes are needlessly long considering nothing of actual import was said.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think Domain rewards should be an expedition option.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The mist island's questline was decent but the real prize was all the free furnishing blueprints.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

(A* is the current Ascension of each character)

My general experience is that open-world content is mostly not an issue; it depends on the enemies, though it's different for bosses, and sometimes domains that scale with WL like the exploration domains or the event dungeon. XL and Beidou are both 6/6/6 on their talents, Fischl is 4/5/4, Kokomi is 2/6/5, and then from there it varies wildly between 1 and 3 talent levels per character until Aloy where everyone after is 1/1/1.

I'm using the same team and was having the same issues until I looked up how to play Kokomi properly. If you focus on playing her as a carry with that team you'll start punching above your weight class real quick. Even at 60 you can get a lot of mileage out of spamming her regular attacks while both her and Beidou's bursts are going. I'd recommend switching her weapon to Prototype Amber since building energy for bursts is a priority with that team.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Childe and his associates will pay for their crimes in 2029 when we get our first Visionless playable character.

That's right, Frank Castle will be the 3rd crossover character and he's ready to clean this world up just like he did in the old one.

I think Matt Murdock would be a better Visionless Marvel crossover.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's weird that we're getting another story level to the event dungeon since the last one felt like a hard end to it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pyrocube is pretty easy if you've got a good hydro carry. Hydrocube spends way too much time invulnerable

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

AshtonDragon posted:

I'm kinda hoping at some point they'll add some kind of hub that lets you directly teleport to the bosses. That would also double as a way for new players to actually ascend newer characters who require drops from later locations. Just put some kind of barrier around the arena for them so they can't go exploring.

Portals to walled off boss arenas wouldn't solve the need for regional items from monsters and exploration.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Electroculus hunt wasn't as bad as Geoculus. Being limited to a few large islands made for much easier searching than Liyue's vast expanse of mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers, hills, islands and caves.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Accidentally selected Serious instead of Dire on one of the fights so now I'm 100 tokens short of clearing the shop. Good thing I saved the ascension crystals for the end.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is the new character secretly evil? No. Is Childe planning on doing something sinister with the Domain? No. Story done.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I just want to say that Sayu's spin dash combined with Aloy's exploration passive is very hilarious when it comes to pigeon murder.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Worst thing about the BP is they gated the furnishing blueprint behind the ripoff version.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Beidou has an amazingly solid all-round kit and can really ramp up the damage on a team capable of generating a lot of elemental reactions during her burst.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Up until last week I was running Ayaka/XQ/Kaz/Diona (and I'd recommend it if you have access to Ayaka and Kazuha because of how incredible water-running and a double-jump are), but now I'm enjoying Hu Tao/XQ/Kaz/Thoma for "oh oops the enemies are just...dead now I guess?" surprises.

I don't like that kind of surprise, they always make me wonder just how much more damage I could've done before my bursts ran out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish there was some real group content for this game. Something more than just grouping up to fight the regular bosses.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bloody Emissary posted:

In the past, when doing the Mondstadt talent domain with my friend who runs Bennett, I've brought Kazuha along with the goal of Swirling around Pyro off of the self-application from Bennett's burst. It's been an exercise in frustration every time, because he tries to hold Bennett's burst until one of us takes enough damage that we need healing instead of keeping the field up constantly. :negative:

You can't keep it on the field constantly, there's a three second gap between the duration and CD. :argh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Destiny 2 does something like that but lol at playing Destiny 2 after they vaulted so much of the content.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why does every other character have to use Treasure Hoarder Insignias as their upgrade material? I'm just glad I pulled Sucrose.

Nyoro posted:

I Dream Of Dendro

Hopefully we'll be done with Inazuma soon and going on to Sumeru, then we can see if Dendro is going to be the new meta or a complete joke.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No Wave posted:

If you don't mind pulling hu tao and like sayu/diona sure, all that matters is that you spend the wishes you do earn on the limited-time banners you like. Don't spend any rolls on standard banner outside of free ones though, after a while you won't like seeing the 5 stars from there.

In terms of saving starglitter vs hoarding it, personal preference. There have only ever been 12 four star characters buyable in the shop, but we're hoping more rotate in some day:

I still like hoarding it because I can though, I have 250 but earlier on bought Razor C0, Noelle C6, and Amber C4.

The big thing about the characters on starglitter rotation is a lot of them are worth having and worth having constellations of. If I had twelve more starglitter I'd C1 Benny right now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cryo mage's gimmick is a neat change of pace from every other enemy with a shield.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Boat Stuck posted:

I keep seeing people complain about the electro cube in the world level ascension quests, and all I can say is those people never had to raise Fischl.

I can beat any electro cube with my eyes closed by this point.

Same but both Beidou and Fischl. I can reliably get it down by the end of the orbital laser sequence.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wouldn't mind so much if I could just sub to people I actually care about and not the kind of people who stream Genshin.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baiard posted:

I'm at 193, and I went around with the treasure compass so I feel like I've gotten everything. The only thing I haven't done is any of that kid's minigame in random places, would that account for the rest of the 60 I'm missing?

Probably. Each gives a Precious as a reward for completing the whole sequence.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

The 4*s for Albedo/Eula are apparently Noelle/Rosaria/Bennett.

That's actually great for me. I want Albedo after missing him by one wish last year, still need one more Rosaria, and actually want Bennett constellations now that I'm set on doing my crazy Xinyan/C6Bennett/Gorou/Albedo spin2win build. Should have about 200 wishes banked for v2.3, which hopefully is enough to get all the Geo bois.

Rosaria again? I pulled six of her last time trying for Beidou constellations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Rosaria already, lol

She'll be my first 6C at this rate. Guess I'll have to learn how to use her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

dogsicle posted:

no issue getting a spread of drops in the new domain, they just all suck

When I finally pull Qiqi she's going to get a lot of use out of the crit gear that's worthless on Kokomi.