Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
hey you guys are over halfway to 5000, that is cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Computer viking posted:

I had a nice beer/dinner/more beer with a friend of mine last week. He has the same degree as me (we studied together), but we've done different things with them - and he did very quietly ask me "you ... know how much more money you could make in a private company, right?"

I do, but ... then I'd be an IT consultant, and nothing about that seems like an appealing change except specifically the money. I like my low paid interesting relaxed "it's nice if you show up" research job.

My wife and mom will ask me why I don't want to aggressively climb the ladder in my company and I think I have the same philosophy - I am making enough money to not really have any pressing needs, enjoy my work, and don't really want or need more responsibilities or bullshit that would come with that. I'm in non profit anyway so LOL not much of a ladder or salary structure to climb anyway.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I bite my fingernails when I drive. At least there's no boogerpatch.

The trick is to put the boogers somewhere you can easily remove them all with an ice scraper once a year.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

in my professional opinion, bacon is one of the more popular breakfast meats

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Had some bacon and veggie sausages today with my eggs.

Beyond or impossible meat? I find both of them have good sausages but I generally make them with red beans and rice cajun style

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

fartknocker posted:

Can't do goth, I'm wearing my Ghost shirt today listing to their EP that dropped Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pExnH7HVHtw

They are on tour in the US right now you seen them before? Pretty good show.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

taco bell tomatoes are kind of F tier, while being put on A to S tier slop. Tis a shame.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

its_my_birthday posted:

My daughter did a dna test thing a few months ago while they were doing a family origin project thing for school and I haven’t been arrested so that’s good. I’m beating any potential cold cases. I never really knew what I was. Her mom is half Japanese half Mexican so I knew those would be high. But Mexican wasn’t that high cause I think it was mixed with Native American. Japanese and Irish were the two highest for her so I guess I’m a lot Irish

Did it say indigenous mesoamerican or something similar? My Mexican side came out as being like 27 percent Iberian AF and like 3 percent Native Mexican, but I also have Native American mixed in that side so its just a clusterfuck (literally)

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

vegetarian breakfast today with avacado toast and EGG

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Ruby Gloom posted:

jfc that is the worst breakfast :mad:

Not if you add everything bagel seasoning, then it is a delicious semi solid mass of food product with sesame seeds.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

dude my last job had so many gun people, I can't tell you the number of times I'd just zone out and then someone would be like "BAGMONKEY! Meeting started are ya with us?" like no I thought it was gun chat dude lol sorry

Same, and they all just would come in everyday talking about Tucker Carlson. Like dudes I am sure the actions of Maxine Waters is really impacting your lives greatly and all those AR-15s you have are the only thing keeping her from taking over your lovely exburb McMansion.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

I just accurately did a basic pivot table and I think I died a little inside

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

pacerwpg posted:

It's a thing that Microsoft Excel professionals do.

there are dozens of us!

:negative:

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

its_my_birthday posted:

How do you like to season it?

I’m gonna do blackened season on it when I get home but it seems like pretty much anything would work

When I cooked it before I seared it before putting it into the oven but I don’t think that added much. I’m prob just gonna let it raw dog in the oven after it’s seasoned this time

you making a gravy? a loin calls for gravy.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Only five meetings today. Hooray!

mama mia!

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Today is my mom's birthday she is turning 69

:nice:

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Was feeling tubby today so I had a carls jr big country burrito and boy do i feel like gravy

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

that sounds really good but im trying not to spend money Beer Gay!!!

in that case try shopligting a bunch of gravy packets and filling your tub with them and then submerse yourself and become the gravy sir

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

I recently discovered that coffee when you have some ADHD can act like nyquil and boy howdee does that explain a lot. Thanks childhood doctors who were like "medicate or give this child some help? nah he gets good grades".

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Computer viking posted:

Status update from Sweden: It's 19:05, the sun is up, and a group of people are drunk-singing Dancing Queen outside my hotel window. :sweden:

Also found this downtown.

Is that your novelty screaming eagle america boat?

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

happy minimal monday, that I am too busy for :(

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

SID can you paint Literally A Person's avatar saying "MOMMY MILKERS UWU!" THANKS

seconded

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Fun fact Phoenix has a completely failed hockey team also kept their out of hubris and as an affront to God (The Canadian one)

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Prof. Crocodile posted:

The Canadian God is like normal God, but instead of a robe he wears corduroy pants and a knit sweater.

and a toque

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

74F and humid, it owns

hope you got your gold bonds powder

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Ruby Gloom posted:

i keep seeing people talk about this WHAT IS IT

Its the #1 way to prevent swamp donk and chub rub if you live in a humid area and have thunder thighs like a good person tends to have

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Pro Gold Bond tip they don't tell ya about - if you already got some chub rub DO NOT USE THE SPRAY. Its a similar feeling as to getting icy hot on your balls.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

For fathers day weekend my spouse and kids went camping and are only back on fathers day so things are getting dangerous! I have video games.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

So I think I mentioned our friend and her cat are staying with us for a while. Anyway her cat today was hanging out in the open bathroom window while my wife was in there brushing her hair. She dropped her brush and when she bent down to pick it up Purrseus leapt from the window to pounce on her back and it was a whole thing because she screamed in surprise and the dogs ran in to see what the problem was and started barking like “HEY LADY THERE’S A FREAKIN CAT ON YOUR BACK”. Anyway it was pure pandemonium and also extremely funny.

Cats seem to be operating normally, perhaps the dogs need calibration.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

these vacations sound fun, i am trying to dodge some terribly planned camping trips (think more time driving in a car than hiking and also having jack poo poo to do at the camp site when you dont climb/mountaineer) for some less painful ones. dont mind campin once I am their but the entire spending 12-24 hours in a car on my limited time off for like 12 hours of recreation isn't my idea of a trip.

Need to get my rear end to a beach!

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

There was a decidedly low rootin' and/or tootin', only one single instance of down home country tussling that had me smiling like a mule eating briers was at a distillery but then they wanted $50 for a tour which is essentially looking at wooden barrels which made me madder than a wet hen.

I saw some Confederate battle flags around and lots of gun ranges.

I mostly stayed in my room or had dinner at select restaurants with like-minded colleagues.

you didnt have a baloney sandwich at a honkey tonk at 2 am and then have later sever intestinal distress? missing the best parts of white people las vegas

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Ruby Gloom posted:

if you are having a bad day:

new life goal is to be that dog

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

It is thursday the day to be thirsty, I am sipping on some h2o!

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

what in tarnation!

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

i burnt the roof of my mouth having some late night jalepeno poppers. thats all. its mildly annoying.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

its our local hot chicken place, its loving excellent

I like those places but sometimes they get a bit silly when the chicken portion they serve you is the size of a large faced individuals face

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I'll take the Bill Maher extra spicy with tots instead of fries.

make Tennessee a swing state and one of the first primary states just so we can force presidential aspirants to eat increasingly larger and spicier pieces of chicken instead of those stupid pork things they eat in Iowa. Make the candidates sweat i say!

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Restaurant tots are so loving good

I assume it's because they deep fry them which is automatically more delicious than just baking them at home

I live near a place with like 8 varieties of various sauce/topping combos and you can pick fries or tots. I may have gone in and ordered 3 different kinds of tots in a row on a few occasions

having a functional giant deep fryer I think is the secret, same with having a giant flat top for making something like hash browns. Can never make has browns as good at home as they can make at even a frikkin dennys.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Ruby Gloom posted:

*boop* it is friday my dudes

https://i.imgur.com/YgKzBtF.mp4

(sound on :3: )

This is how I was woken up but with much grumpier cats mad that the food was on the 2nd tier of the cat tree and not the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

bagmonkey posted:

poo poo, coming out of an rear end

fellow metamucil enjoyer i see