Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Everybody go watch Tokyo Godfathers, a good holiday film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Finally the season for my favorite Bill Murray movie. That's right that Christmas classic

Groundhog's Day.

The movie where he's going around cleaning up the slime??

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkVdJXolW_0

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I should stream the Christmas Stories games, I only own the first 3 but they're kind of amazing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Raw Danger is a very good Christmas game.

I think Blue Stinger was set during Christmas too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQONXZpsE90

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Some day I'm going to make those x-com ufo defense mods I've had thought up. Some day.

Maybe I'll make that my new years resolution, try and actually make progress on modding it since openxcom modding just amounts to replacing/adding files and changing some numbers. Then again, I'm also pretty good at breaking things that are meant to be idiot proof and I'm always so exhausted all the time that a project like that could take an eternity.

Regardless, what I'm trying to say here is that x-com is good and I'm glad that openxcom exists. Sometimes it is nice to have the option of doing something, the potential to do it, even if you aren't sure you'll ever actually do it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I learned that the low% speedruns for legend of zelda twilight princess require the player wait 13 hours while Link is staring at a rupee and that the best run for that category is a minute shy of 25 hours.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Isn't this a game about loving around in Disneyland?

Why are there 12 of them? Why does it look like a meeting of the SEELE council? Why do all the thrones have spiky dicks painted on them? I have... so many questions. :psyduck:

Yes, time travel possession, idk what SEELE is sorry, that's the symbol of Nobodies which are creatures who are the result of when a Heart is stolen from someone, leaving just the emotionless Body behind, none of this scratches the surface of the series

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KH2's gummi ship levels were a lot of fun and I wish we could have a star fox game that was basically like those.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Assault on the Dreadnought level (or whatever it is called) and the Heartless Ghost Ship level are both so loving good. My Kingdom Hearts for a new Star Fox game as good as those levels (preferably better)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
House of the Dead Overkill is in Louisiana

Wikipedia says Metal Slug 7 takes place in Florida which seems... wrong?? I haven't played Metal Slug 7 so if anyone who has can confirm if it takes place in Florida or not, I'd appreciate it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The problem with kingdom hearts plot is that tetsuya nomura can't leave well enough alone so you end up with more and more tertiary plot bits that are all intended to be important and lots of stuff retconned by new information and it just ends up undermining the whole story by constantly trying to explain itself and introducing new things that exist solely to explain other things that didn't necessarily need explaining.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There is a Kingdom Hearts game that exists solely to explain why Mickey Mouse wrote a letter to Sora once.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Like, instead of just "Mickey wrote a letter to Sora" they made a whole goddamned game about it where they turned Jiminy Cricket's journal into a virtual world all to lead up to Mickey writing a letter.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There exists another reality where Tetsuya Nomura was able to go ahead with his plan to convert FF15 into a musical after he saw Les Mis instead of people telling him to knock off the poo poo and finish the game.

That reality must be heavenly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

quote:

A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory
A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream

I want to line the pieces up
Yours and mine

This is basically the act of understanding the plot of Kingdom Hearts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
New chicken run stealth game?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everyone how are you all doing today

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thinking about how Roblox is one of the hugest and most influential games for an entire generation of kids and literally no one older than that generation in games mentions it at all, even Minecraft has way more visibility

Should we mention roblox more often?

I know someone who works for a game company that makes a game for roblox. They've been having lots of trouble lately though because roblox takes a very standoffish approach to dealing with complaints so there are certain complaints that would have to go to them, not the companies making games on their platform, but the complaints are about things out of those companies hands that fall on deaf ears when escalated to roblox proper because there's not much incentive for roblox to fix the problem because the problem in question involves roblox still getting money and the companies that profit from roblox can't just leave roblox.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

What's a roblox

Bad blockland/second life/garry's mod targeted at kids

Rexicon1 posted:

Thinkin a lot about things today. What you up to

Thinking about maybe trying to stream wizard101 later, also thinking about what I'd need to make some modified hot wheels cars for the tabletop game Gaslands. I have a few ideas but I'd want to put together a list so I can see what kind of tools and materials I'd need and budget for it.

exquisite tea posted:

I have not enough actual work remaining to post on the internet but too much work to play video games instead and the tension is bothering me!

Time to finish up your work and pick then

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Wait is roblox not a game itself

It is and it isn't.

I don't know what the basic roblox stuff is but I think it's just a map that players can connect to and walk around in as not-lego-minifigures.

The actual stuff that makes money and that people pay for are the various different games others make that are various kinds of game modes, from big RP servers themed after different properties and aesthetics to games about adopting babies or being adopted by another player to games that are obstacle courses and mazes to simulation games about doing things like working at a pizza place or being a lumberjack to some legit impressive things like the mini Sonic Forces parody where you play as Gru and Young Gru and your OC in Despicable Me Forces or this other game I forget the name of that was a full on SM64-style collectathon that was competent enough that I didn't even realize it was made in roblox. I've heard there are even some not-counterstrike game modes.

The actual structure of it is very comparable to Garry's Mod since you had all kinds of people who would get Garry's Mod so that they could play on the RP servers, on Deathrun servers, Trouble in Terrorist Town servers, Flood servers, Ultimate Chimera Hunt servers, or just the plain sandbox map where people build stuff.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

these are good and informative posts kite but all i can focus on is the amount of times roblox is said in them

roblox

That's Robert Lox to you, pal

Jay Rust posted:

Are your kids getting involved in “Roblox”?

There’s a new “craze” on the Internet. It’s called “Roblox”, and it’s taken many schoolyards by storm.

“I just love ‘Roblox’”, says Timothy, 9, of Middleton Elementary. “It’s so rad.”

But what is “Roblox”? Experts call it, “[a] bad blockland/second life/garry's mod targeted at kids”, and it might be children’s first step towards the hornier side of the Internet.

it is actually the children's first step towards gambling depending on which game you're playing. The one that KCB works at is pretty nasty with it because they make a lot of money off of pets and so you buy eggs with robux that have a chance of hatching into various different animals and then you can upgrade those animals to rarer neon versions by getting more of them and combining them together and we both agree that it is super gross but she doesn't have any control over the game, she just answers the emails from the parents who are mad that their kids fell for confidence tricks, hacks, and scams. A big problem they're dealing with right now is that other people can make their own roblox game servers and list them as being the "official" game server and accept roblox money from players and then nothing can be done. The actual game devs don't get any of that money, the kid who spent the money doesn't get their item, the parents can't convince the devs to give free items to everybody who keeps falling for the fake scam games, the creators of the fake scam games get their money, and the main roblox people just shrug it off as something that they aren't too invested in stopping right now since anybody buying robux is giving money to roblox.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's funny is when KCB uncovers yet another black market pet trading network that generally involves someone who committed some kind crime to obtain a ton of things they shouldn't have and then try to get money through out-of-game sales.

Funnier still when said people are trying to earn their profits in bitcoin.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

and Richard Garriot were the big offenders, and take a guess at what both are doing today?

Living in a castle with lods of emone?

RBA Starblade posted:

Has anyone said mighty no. 2 yet

Mighty? No, nein!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My goty votes are clubhouse games for switch and still helltaker as the out of nowhere surprise hit imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh boy, buncha winter holiday poo poo happening in wizgame

Buncha cash shop poo poo though and some of the more interesting-looking stuff is locked behind lootbox mechanics. That poo poo is gross and I hope some day lootbox type gambling is outlawed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I can't believe FAK doesn't have Wizard101 on their top games list

None of the content I've played came out this year :v:

The candy world is new but it's level 130 content and I'm still in content from 2010

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love the faceless polygon style of mgs and other games from that generation and I wish more retro-style games would copy that

I can only think of a few different games that used that style from the ps1 and I can't think of any modern games that do that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I never had one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am trying to build miniature crates for tabletop terrain using lovely popsicle sticks and gorilla glue and I bet if I had a better setup for weighing stuff down to get the glue to properly cure and connect, I might end up with some ok lovely-looking terrain that is perfectly on point for the game I'm making it for.

I'm hoping to find a paper crimper at one of the local craft stores but I'm not holding my breath there. Gonna look into paint sharpies too because I'm curious if they work well, if they're worth using and what they're best used for, but for right now I've got pieces of broken popsicle sticks, cheap christmas ornaments, and glue, and I'm gonna find a way to make this poo poo look completely and utterly passable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

you can find printable paper crate designs online for free and if you print those on oak tag or whatever paper card stock you got they look good.

But then it wouldn't have the texture of being made of little wooden strips and this is very important for the immersion of hot wheels cars go vroom tabletop deathrace game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup everybody, how you all doing, it's monday but it doesn't feel like a monday, it just feels like... sunday, the sequel

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bovis posted:

How are you doing?

Doing alright, trying to make a Christmas gift for a friend, also picked up some cheap paints and brushes to try to make miniature terrain with. I've got ideas and I can't wait to see how shite they look in execution lol

Simone Magus posted:

Mondays are my one day off so I'm feeling pretty chill :)

Days off are good, you die if you work, but work is a necessary evil unfortunately

wuggles posted:

I usually spend Sunday mornings working over Zoom with my friend. This week she flew to Germany for the month (she is spending two weeks in voluntary quarantine) so we did it this morning instead (evening for her). So to me it is... literally Sunday Part II.

Sunday 2: Sunweek

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
why do they call it bloodborne when you imbibe the old blood ministrate out new smell the blood

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

The person who wrote the GI article is being sent seizure-inducing videos because gamers rock

https://twitter.com/DirtyEffinHippy/status/1336204870970433536?s=20

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck these vile inhuman parasitic piles of regurgitated bile and raw garbage.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeoVO5jNxE

It's a chao garden hack for mario 64

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I will also vouch for RTGame and CallMeKevin as being funny.

Here is a vid of CallMeKevin playing lovely original-Bully-do-not-steal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2FRS_NykM

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nm, you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Just got home from work. We are working on a project that may be related to a certain virus that is causing a pandemic atm, but I won't say more because I can technically get in trouble for talking about it. But I also work so far down the line in the process that I don't actually know anything specific, but it's nice to be part of the team anyways. Now I'm gonna finish off Mario Sunshine and eat some leftovers for dinner.

Good luck with your project. I'm also working on a project but it does not involve sars u, the sequel to sars, and instead involves me repeatedly accidentally jabbing my finger with a felting needle.

Almost done with the first bit of needling though, next is to cut out the pattern and align the felt to it, then do some more needling to assemble the whole thing.