Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals have licked Penei Sewell and also called dibs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Still mad Suh never got a Heisman.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheGreyGhost posted:

Also, I know exactly who I think etienne is as a prospect—Giovani Bernard. Not big or blocky enough to be a true every down back. Can catch the ball and make elusive/receiver type plays with speed.

Gio is a phenominal blocker.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Aaron Jones was actively kept out of games because he was trash at blocking (also because McCarthy was dumb) and now he's acceptable at it.

It shouldn't take longer than a season or two for a RB to pick up pass blocking.

It's the biggest question mark for Mixon. It really puts the team in an awkward spot having both cuz in theory Mixon is as much a weapon in the passing game as Gio, but you're in some cases effectively doubling the time a qb can hold the ball behind our garbage line with Gio out there.

Gio low key is a decent 1 cut runner between the tackles as well. It's counter intuitive, but his biggest liability is that he doesn't have the speed to break away. If you watch his big runs he'll always get caught from behind if it's just a footrace. If there's a hole he'll find it for 3-8 yards, but he's not gonna rip off a 60 yard td for ya. To my knowledge he has 2 50 yard plays in his entire career.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sure glad we established that winning culture in Houston.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Curious on how much it matters but Miami is coaching the senior bowl, as they’ve moved up to 3 on the list and the two teams ahead of them are going through coaching changes.

My brain posted:

There's no way the senior bowl is happening this year. It's scheduled for what March? They cancelled multiple bowl games there's no way.

Well I suppose the only people who have to agree with it are the NCAA and the NFL. And doesn't it happened in Alabama? Lol. The senior bowl is absolutely happening this year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ok.

So back to my actual question.

The bengals coaching staff loves the Senior Bowl, but obviously there's an asterisk on that.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Most teams say it primarily helps with the borderline day 2/3 guys. A bunch of Bengals mid rounders are from the Senior bowl.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imo the Jags, Jets, falcons and dolphins should all draft QBs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Not a rookie, but...

Also, Burrow looks like handsome Bevis.

If you think that photo doesn't make &e even more lovable get the gently caress out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He definitely has that NFL QB fivehead.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Penei Sewell is either gay or straight or a communist or whatever leaves him on the board at pick 5. Someone tell me how to photoshop a pot gas mask on him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the timelines have narrowed enough that we're just on a timeline where Chase is the bengals pick. The only thing that can change is whether or not they did anything In free agency to prepare for that.

Don't mind me I'll just be sitting here quietly in the corner reminding myself that I was pissed The Bengals took AJ Green over Da'Quan Bowers in 2011.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is it really a galaxy brain take to think Ja’Marr Chase is still WR1? He’s going to be incredible.

I see him as the clear #1.

I don't see how you rank the top 5 players in this class regardless of positional value and don't have him in the top 5. I think you could argue it's Lawrence, Sewell and Chase 1 2 3.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Would Miami not just draft that Sewell guy? I think they'd like to protect Tua, and their running game looks like it has potential

No we called dibbs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Offensive line might have 3 or 4 of the most talent poor positions in the entire NFL.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's a loving football name.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eh.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Wouldn't be surprised to see DeVonta at Miami and Chase at Philly

I'm not thrilled about this, but IMO if Penei isn't avail Chase's floor is #5. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if they took him over Penei.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Yall are underselling how good Sewell is

Look, I'd trade up for him. The Bengals organization overvalues WR and Mike will take Chase if Joe wants him. This is the same franchise who paid Carson's little brother for years

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

DeVonta Smith didn't get measured at the senior bowl which...well would have been interesting I guess.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1354080073649950721

I mean I don't blame the guy, there seems to be exactly one knock on him and you might as well game the system as much as you can.

I remember being at the first teaining camp for AJ Green and immediately being horified because he looked like a stick figure. I was convinced he'd die after his first hit. Through his first contract and into his second at least he was durable. I think mass on a receiver is overated.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sewell's floor is pick 6, slater is mid teens. He could potentially get to pick 5 and not be picked by Cinci, but Chase would also have to be there at 5.

Honestly I'd be totally unsurprised if it went 1. Mr Ed 2. Sewell 3. Chase 4. Bourbon 5. Handgun

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't love this WR class. Chase and Smith will be good but I doubt they live up to their top ten draft spots. Rashod Bateman seems way overhyped. The way he moves and protects the ball with his body remind me of Keenan Allen. Problem is I think Keenan Allen is a totally unique guy who gets open with insane route running ability that Bateman doesn't have. I'd be interested in Amon-Ra St. Brown if he fell to the Ravens' 2nd round pick. Outside of him I don't see anyone Baltimore could get that would likely improve their passing game substantially next year. It is a deep class, especially for slot WRs, so maybe one of the late day 2/early day 3 guys comes alive in the NFL. Tylan Wallace, Amari Rodgers, and Demetic Felton all seem to have potential. Not that they'd meet that potential if drafted by Baltimore.

If Pitts somehow fell I'd love to trade up and get him. It's a risk, especially with the concussion, yet one well worth taking. He's a perfect fit for Lamar's style of play with his big radius, great hands, and competence sneaking into holes in zone defenses. You could even put him on the outside instead of Myles Boykin sometimes to get more legitimate pass catchers on the field. I even think Pitts has potential as a great 2nd level blocker. How high do y'all think Baltimore could move up offering this and next year's 1st round picks? My guess is Denver at #9 is the highest possible trading partner. I also don't think Eric Decosta would make that trade. Still, it's nice to dream sometimes.

Before I know how seriously to take your opinion, do you scout receivers for the Baltimore Ravens professionally?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Bengals only really need speed at WR. They have everything else. If I could put any former WR on the roster for next year I'm windmill slamming the "2005 Chris Henry" button.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PupsOfWar posted:

Presumably he wants a speed guy who isn't made of glass, and who is at least a little bit good at other aspects of the game

Yeah Ross is a head case. I think Marv didn't help, but that dude isn't relevant.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Who are you listening to that's saying this? This is one of the most stacked draft classes of the last 10 years.

Yea, it seems like actual D Line is eh but every other position group is stacked.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is the first draft I can remember in a decade where the O line is more exciting than the D line.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
looking at the wide receiver class I'm getting more and more confident the Bengals can find what they need in the later rounds if they want to. There seems to be a lot of expected later round prospects who have speed and hands. the Bengals need an outside receiver who can back the safeties up more than they need a 1A guy.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I didn't want to mention it, but I was at his bday party as his mom's +1. It was just us.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to do my mock draft game again this year. Probably will open the thread mid March.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah mine is a more traditional 1st round mock. I just came up with a way to assign a point value.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are a ton of late round receivers who look fun.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

what's imatorbhebhe

Actually no that's not a good comp. He's a dude who can catch and can run fast but had a lovely QB so he's gonna be a late pick. Also this is pure conjecture but the plays I've seen of him just scream 'I'ma end someone's existence on special teams.'

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm desperate for a new Chris Henry and so I'm looking at WRs with character flags like it's a perk.

Why did you have to be old and addicted to crimes and unsecured while riding trucks Chris?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Deommodore Lenoir

I was super bummed to find out he is pretty much just a zone corner and makes zero sense schematically for the Bengals.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The fact that people are starting to lie about Trevor Lawrence makes me think that Miami might make a play for the number one pick. :v:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The real reason Lawrence absolutely has to go #1 is that he's been the best QB prospect for 3 years so if he busts no one will blame the Jags for taking him. If they passed it would be crazy pressure on whoever they did pick to produce immediately at a very very high level.

Yeah this is a big part of it, by not picking a Burrow or Lawrence the overwhelming likelihood is that it's a career-defining move in the worst possible way. If you do pick them and they underperform it looks a lot better than if you don't pick them and they don't just flat out burn out of the league.

Everyone knows the Jets passed on Dan Marino, only the most masochistic Jets fan knows who they actually took. people talk about all the teams passing on Patrick Mahomes all the time despite the fact that there's no way of knowing that he would have been as successful in another system and with another supporting cast.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do y'all prefer Smith or waddle? Waddle seems more appealing to me.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Out of curiosity I tried the PFF mock draft and they had Justin Fields getting selected number one. LoL ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has Ohio State ever had a superstar QB ever work out in the NFL?

Didn't Shane Falco go to Ohio State?