Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Memories of the City is still the best over world track across P3/P4/P5. Especially in conjunction with how drastic the NPC dialogue changes. P3 December/January is still my favorite period across any Persona game purely through atmosphere. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Neeksy posted:

2 has the protag and the antag exchanging expensive trinkets in front of a bridal shop when they're kids, and one of the canon choices is dating him, we haven't reached that height ever since.

I'm pretty sure the P3P FeMC canon love interest is Ryoji.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Flair posted:

At the very least, I hope Atlus can bring in the anime cutscenes from FES and bring them into the P3P ports. There "should" not be any technical issue or difficulty of transferring some video files from one game to another :suicide:

They would have to change the code to have the cutscene triggers in there. 95% sure they're not touching the game code at all.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmZKvvMbEw

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blorknorg posted:

Putting aside the anime adaptations of P3-5, there WAS a standalone Persona anime 'based on' Persona 3 and 4 though it came before 4. It was loving TERRIBLE. It did have Ken and Adachi in it though Ken never used his name.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161682/

Persona Trinity was...interesting. It was absolutely terrible, but it was at least interesting in that it expanded the whole forced-awakening-through-narcotics subplot from P3. And at least it gave Akihiko a more believable follow up than what he got from P4U as a wandering ronin bear puncher guy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pwnstar posted:

Using Golden Curry and adding like a spoon of instant coffee or a couple pieces of dark chocolate is super simple and pretty close to the proper Leblanc curry. If you are a humble cooking pleb give it a try, the hardest part is chopping the vegetables.

P5 taught me that grated apple can be a good addition to curry, and holy poo poo, yes. Grated granny smith is now my go-to for any curry with a red meat. It perfectly compliments the spice and heaviness of the beef.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Still better than Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Item Getter posted:

Persona 5 really takes up 40 GB??

There’s a looooooooooot of voiced lines. Like 110 hours worth.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

NikkolasKing posted:

And we can al forget The Answer ever happened.

The Answer was an interesting concept and had some cool moments (and music as always). But the execution was just a slog of a campaign.

Tl;dr - Just watch the cutscenes.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tired Moritz posted:

I will gladly accept the answer for giving us heartful cry and the 2nd best final boss theme of persona history

Heartful Cry was the best battle music out of the P3 generation, but the best song in the OST is still Memories of the City. That poo poo playing during the last month while the whole city is starting to lose it/shut down almost singlehandedly makes P3's end game my favorite out of 3/4/5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aJ6v40BZCQ

I will also say that despite Marie being kind of a dump of an addition to P4G, her version of I'll Face Myself is loving awesome. Love those violins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq2iJuenPg0

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ImpAtom posted:

The almost as likely is that one South Park gif of the guy saying Nice because some people view sleeping with children as okay as long as it is a hot older lady

It's this. Also...that was the whole episode, not just a one shot gif-able line.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

girl dick energy posted:

if i was about to die, i would simply challenge death to a game of who can beat persona 5 first and then run away while hes playing a 100 hour jrpg

The speed run WR for P5R is around 14 hours.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

tom bob-ombadil posted:

Someone is going to mod in Robbie Daymond screeching, "Move, I'm gay," into Akechi's lines somewhere. I'd bet money on it.

Just going to repost the best Robbie Daymond crossover video in history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmZKvvMbEw

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dawgstar posted:

I like to think Chie and Akihiko decided to do the proper thing and wandered the world helping people, only trusting their fists.

I mean. This is exactly what Akihiko does. And he gets mauled by a bear for his troubles. (Then kills the bear by punching it.)

PunkBoy posted:

I can see Chie absolutely not making it through any kind of training before leaving.

Chie absolutely becomes a cop, though. She is straight up mentioned in one of the TV broadcasts in P5.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The point in P5R that makes me feel the most badass is when I dodge the chalk. Too bad its completely RNG (with a boost from your Proficiency stat).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sydin posted:

I'm an absolute sicko and think Take Over is better than Last Surprise.

Prison Labor tops them both. :colbert:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Honestly, of all the Persona games, I like the Q and Q2 soundtracks the most because not only do they contain all the best tracks from 3/4/5 remixed, they also have a poo poo ton of banger originals which use all the artists together. Road Less Taken and Pull the Trigger slap so loving hard.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
That reminds me. I know the Q games basically canonize the FeMC route of P3P as a split timeline that never should have actually existed (or something like that) but I always had a theory that her and Minato were twins and the sibling that died with their family on the bridge when Nyx first landed was the one of them that wasn’t in the route. Did they ever connect that? Or was there just no relation?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
lol. I could’ve sworn there was one mentioned. It’s the Berenstain Bears of Persona.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

HootTheOwl posted:

I have reached the point in the game where I take back what I said about Igor's new voice actor

I loved that part because it retroactively made me feel like a whiney dumbass. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

NikkolasKing posted:

The Principal being part of he conspiracy always cofounded me, too. I guess it's a pretty nice school - how many high schools have former Olympians teaching there? - but then I'm forced to ask why our hero (who is supposed to be a delinquent) got sent to a much better school after his run-in with "the law."

I'm pretty sure it was just a function of the school taking in a hard-luck student for PR points plus location with respect to his new home.

Edit: Actually, IIRC, the principal mentions as much during your first sit down with him.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 26, 2022

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Alder posted:

I'm reminded that I messed up Naoto's SL in my last replay of P4:G and I ended up alone but maybe it was a better ending than I imagined since yeah :aaa:

Naoto has the most heartbreaking scene in any modern Persona if you two-time her.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AnonymouseNo5 posted:

Being fair: It was the same with Minato and Souji. It wasn't until Persona 5 that Atlus finally gave the protagonist (Akira) a "canon" name after dropping it with Persona 2.

Yeah. Each of the P3-5 MCs have had multiple canon names based on the format.
P3 Manga: Minato Arisato
P3 Movies/P3D: Makoto Yuuki
P3 Stage Play: Sakuya Shiomi

P3 FeMC Dear Girls Comic: Minako
P3 FeMC The Weird Masquerade Story: Kotone Shiomi (I think they revealed this is the base option in the P3P update, too.)

P4 Manga: Souji Seta
P4 Anime + P4 Arena + BBCT + most other poo poo: Yuu Narukami
P4 Visualive: Hayato Asakawa

P5 Manga: Akira Kurusu
P5 Anime: Ren Amamiya
P5 Stage Play: The names were submitted by the fans and changed for every performance. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yeah. This is just a reres of the art assets. They never made a 3D model of the FeMC for use outside Tartarus (or for any of the unique FeMC social interactions). So they couldn’t just port her side to the FES engine.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Shyrka posted:

Also I guess you're probably supposed to hate the homeroom teacher but he's hilarious and I love him.

EVERYBODY IN THIS ROOM IS A WHORE! NOW TAKE A CHASTITY BELT AND SIDDOWN!

Anyone who like P4 should definitely watch the Hiimdaisy comic dubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mUTQKMRLYQ

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 25, 2023

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
One of the neat parts of the three modern Persona teams is how different their team dynamics are. Like take the SEES dynamic. They’re obviously the least chummy of the Persona teams, and it stands out in how they interact with each other how important the MC is to unit cohesion. I could never imagine the P4 or P5 teams hitting the point where they pull weapons on each other like in the FES post-game.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

babypolis posted:

Almost done with P5R and the pacing in this game is truly unreal. Oh you are itching to finally finish the 100+ hour long game? here have 10 identical scenes of girls giving you chocolate for no reason

You suffer for being a player.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

NikkolasKing posted:

I was talking with some people about P4, about how I've now dated my two favorites (Yukiko and Marie) and it hurt to turn one of them down in my two runs. But going forward, I'm gonna have to turn them both down so that's 2x the suck. Then somebody suggested dating them both and I was like "cool, I guess it might be funny to be beaten up by all the girls."

Only that is P5? P4 it's all just really depressing and sad and they make you feel like total scum for betraying them like that. Basically 5 plays it for laughs, P4 is deadly serious about it.

Or so I was told.

All of the cheating Valentine's Day scenes in P4 are soul shattering. Chie's and Naoto's are the worst ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DDYlYJw-0

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Commander Keene posted:

Honestly, between Magician, Emperor, and Moon, male side P3 has the worst Social Links in modern Persona. Also not fond of how Chariot requires you to encourage a guy to self-destruct or Hanged Man requires encouraging an elementary schooler to run away from home.

P3 was a lot more…simple?…in how you handled Slinks. You were supposed to live in their headspace to understand them which basically meant completely agreeing with them up until the very last rank or two.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Prowler posted:

I find some of the dumbest crossover poo poo on the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfdb42CQSMA

I found a pair of videos yesterday of Yugi Mutou dueling Rick Sanchez. It was the most surreal loving thing I’ve seen this year. The guy was using a voice modulation program to simulate the dialogue. And Rick had his own unique deck of course. >_>

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ajkalan posted:

But Adam Kadmon is arguably the coolest looking final boss design in the series, so who can say if he's wrong or not

How well that persona fits (P5R 3rd semester spoilers) Maruki's entire situation still blows my mind. Like, the persona series never really took much from Kabbalah. Everything remotely close from Judeo-Christian mythos was usually whatever pop-Christian variant. A being as close to God as possible without being God, yet still formless, more like a force of nature but simultaneously divine. Fitting for the guy who is trying to act as a god without being a god who still manifests a force more powerful than pretty much any small-'g' god ever conceived.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Also obviously Akechi gets to be the focus. They pitted their most evil playable character against the least evil villain, and gave both of them entirely plausible and believable motivations and made the villain genuinely sympathetic while also having Akechi be right and Maruki be wrong. Nobody wanted P5R to have an Akechi redemption arc and they gave us one anyway and it was absolutely perfect. Who can fault them for flaunting it?

Uhhhhh. Except the whole point is it ISN'T a redemption arc for Akechi. Just because he broken clocked his way to opposing the bigger threat, and he becomes a PC doesn't mean its a redemption. He's still a giant sociopath.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Edit: do not read this post I guess unless you've beaten P4: It's nice that it's tied up I guess. But at the time and still kinda to this day it feels like they sorta just pulled a "final villain go kill god." Like it's set up in the very first hour of the game where you shake their hand, but other than that it never really comes up again and so it leaves me feeling pretty meh about the entire thing. Especially after the whole resolution of the murder mystery and stuff.

Golden definitely did a better job with it though using Marie to set it up a whole lot more, but I found it pretty confusing and sloppy in the base game where everything else pretty much hung together otherwise

This is because you never went back to the gas station when it was raining, did you?. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Prowler posted:

P4G Post February dungeon:
Wow, they just kinda slipped that shamelessly fan service hot springs video in there near the end there just because, huh?

It's the best cap off to the Rise cheesecake video near the opening.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Another thread I follow went off on a desktop posting train. So, I figured I'd share the Persona wallpaper in my rotation:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

HaB posted:

So is there some reason I wouldn’t be able to fuse Yatagarasu?

I am looking at the P3p calculator and tried the first 2 recipes but neither came out to Yatagarasu.

Would I be locked behind something?

There are level caps to fusing. If the components you're using are too high a level, it will skip to the next persona in the arcana.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I think MaleMC makes more sense for the story and themes even if FeMC is the superior play through.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Arist posted:

That all said, I feel like 99% of the time when people say "the male protag fits the themes better" they're referring to him being not-peppy because the game is downbeat, which is dumb, to me. The contrast in tone of the female protagonist, I think, lends a lot of weight to the idea of finding a reason to live to replace the misanthropy you're describing.

I feel attacked. :ohdear:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

DeathChicken posted:

Admittedly Haru's line of "If he betrays us we'll just kill him again" was really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qECyYJ1Lvqg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I like how Chie just gets shitted on with her persona awakening. She doesn't even get her own dungeon, she's the midway point of someone else's.

Because Chie is slightly more together as a person than everyone else, so she doesn't need one. :colbert: