Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

edogawa rando posted:

It's a fun, memorable and quotable film that holds up to repeat viewings, but is also absolutely put on a pedestal that it hasn't really earned.

Yeah. The holding it up as though it's some kind of seminal piece of work that is somehow beyond criticism is really bizarre, especially since it was immediately followed by bad sequels. It's a quite good film and had really good cartoons and toys but it's not particularly More Special than a lot of other fun films of the era or just after. It's not like people are this devoted to Men In Black.

Though I did enjoy my Stay Puft Marshmallow Man toy very much and he would always storm my Fisher-Price Castle :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I really hope he gets his "Sorry for not being at Forb" match soon. He really is a highlight of every MLW show I've seen him on and I was really excited for him to get a big Pape showing :smith:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

According to Renee, he barely knows how to use a computer, and hunt and pecked his entire book on her laptop

I've mentioned this before but DJ Hyde once told me Mox had a flip phone until, like, 2015, and until he met Renee the only furniture he had in his house was a gigantic bed he'd use for orgies. Whenever he wanted a new CZW guy's shirt Deej would have to send it to a PO Box address and wait for WWE to tour there. This would not surprise me.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

Mox was a CZW guy so any/all caveman poo poo about him will never surprise me. The only surprising thing is that someone who came out of that fed made it so far, he was the crown jewel of a dungheap

This is such a 2011-rear end take. CZW had tons of great talent throughout, and most of today's stars that are getting big shots like MJF, Adam Cole, Dezmond Xavier, Sami Callihan, Private Party, and far more were all wrestling there in 2017. 2017 CZW especially was a hotbed of talent along with PWG just before All In and AEW. They're not all Cage Of Death matches. This isn't NWA Mountain State.

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 27, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

skate zone was good times

It really felt like an incredible era, and the people behind the scenes were poised to run the world. The locker room energy was hot. It still warms my heart to see Ace Austin killing it in Impact and Japan. I could only make it to one show and it was to work the merch table but it was electric. The pandemic put an end to it way too quickly.

Man, I miss Ace Romero.

Lumbermouth posted:

Though to be fair, it was marred by absolutely terrible crowds.

You're too right here. :smith: Reprehensible poo poo chanted constantly. One of my good friends was just coming out as gay when Jake Crist debuted his Artist gimmick there and got some violently homophobic chants and it messed him up. Sucked. Great product, horrendous fans.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That's my Masterpiece

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'd respect the hustle if it wasn't so loving lame

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

wicka posted:

The "person" you guys are referring to is Wrestlenomics, not some random fed stan. This is literally their job.

Honestly I missed that so yeah I retract it, it's not lame it's the name of the game

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gunner somehow managed to get worse every single year he wrestled and now that he's had the most hilariously underwhelming retirement possible he's found rock bottom and is digging ever deeper. It's almost impressive.

#FuckGunner

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

yeah uh don't fantasy book transphobia or coworker beefs, that's extremely weird poo poo. No more of that

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

tony you know what you gotta do

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

gently caress yes

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

CombineThresher posted:

What the gently caress would Mike Mondo know about being over

god drat it we JUST changed the title

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sandman McMahon posted:

Someone should use that hot sauce as part of their gimmick. They could whack opponents with the bottle. Pour hot sauce on their fingers and wait for them to touch their eyes. Lots of options.

Tracy Williams, your time has come.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

You're laughing. Punk is about to get really mad at a Joe Henry song parody entrance and you're laughing.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

They are going to merge and we will once again have NWA-TNA offering weekly PPVs

:sickos:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I only read Tietam Brown and while the ending didn't quite work, I thought it was pretty drat good up to that point. Hey, if Stephen King can make a phenomenally successful career out of that, why not Mick Foley!

Man, I miss my copy of Tietam Brown. I found it in a charity shop in England and devoured it but when my nan died I think it got thrown away or sold. His books really were ambitious and interesting even if they got a little shaky. I still remember the revulsion I felt at the scene where a guy nearly gets his balls pulled off :stonk:

I love Mick. His books made me love wrestling and he's still making great posts on FB and is one of the few reasons to still be on it. The man is a multi-time bestselling author! Let him cook!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

lmfao

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

every part of this owns. good old bret

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Is that TJPW show hitting Wrestle Universe?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sandman McMahon posted:

I run a comic book store and I’m thinking I should put one of these by the register. People would probably buy Slim Jim’s at a comic store, right?

Hell, I would. The game stores near me always have little snack fridges; this is just a way to spice things up!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Add in a drink and it’s a snap crack and pop :cmon:

:hmmyes:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

gently caress I forgot how cool Ali is when he's allowed to be. I'm in.

I know there are all the jokes about the elaborate video packages for released wrestlers and whatever and they're funny but dammit it worked

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/uncommonsahil/status/1737852974452621372?t=wPOAE3hv6f5Lju1eDFJJ9A&s=19

guys I think gfw is going to deliver what aew has failed to do

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's not the look's fault that Marty Scurll was the most prominent guy using it for a while. Let more people steal his poo poo because it was cool and should be used by people who aren't terrible.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1744345739529187591?t=2qx3-Eue1k06l7WlKBy7cA&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's really funny because the tweet isn't really about Jinder per se but y'know, reading comprehension is hard

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Your problem is that you care about numbers and optics to tell you whether or not a post is funny instead of listening to your poster's heart. It's a sad world we live in.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

lmfao

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/Sting/status/1745907797232111728?t=Gc49n9aYiORz8u6tFmoR8Q&s=19

:3:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Nigel did a magic trick to kk and is now being sued

Claiming there was a quarter behind his ear when there was clearly no quarter before is dishonest and libelous

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

God I was so hoping during The Firm Deletion Stokely was going to go into the Lake of Resurrection and come out as CHUCK TAYLOR™ but at least we got "Tony Khan will pay for his crimes!!".

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

the only negative to chikara no longer being around is that gimmick/themed teams like that may never see the light of day

Tony please steal King of Trios. If you're gonna do one thing for me make it this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I don't know the source on this promo but it sums it up and it's also really fun to see him immediately smile as soon as he mentions the match. There's your story!

https://twitter.com/Tzgrey77/status/1749178851308028347?t=uwwywFr1pV07M1VEjmTajA&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, and please keep discussion of this as contained in the WWE thread as possible just given the explicit and disturbing nature of it all.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, it’s great! A while back he was giving access to his WCW google drive which also rules and if I ever make the homebrew TV station in my house that’s for sure going to be in there.

It's such a great drive. The MTV WCW specials are especially worth it. There's only two of them but they are so bizarre, and Raven spends one of them very clearly hating his life and talking poo poo about Madonna. Hilarious.

That Brian Hildebrand story is really nice. I knew about him but didn't know the pyro part. Great stuff.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The crossover aspect still whips now, I didn't watch it as it aired because I wasn't into wrestling at the time but even seeing it in a modern context it feels so cool. There's some cheese to it but the crossover aspect of it all has such great energy. I don't know what the equivalent of it would be today. Maybe the AEW/CEO crossover, maybe Kenny Omega as Sans? Either way it would be cool if a modern day version of the Snowbrawl and Beach Brawl could happen.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Top Dolla and Ryback should form a tag team called Money Hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It owns. He's so funny. What a weird guy.