Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

What did people think koeths previous job was if not to sign off on state crimes and atrocities?

That's why he was selected to kill labour to facilitate a new crime against democracy

In 30 years it'll be revealed he was a plant and people will go "oh"

If he’s a plant he’s loving up by being so bad. He could have avoided a lot of poo poo and still cemented labour as the party of do nothing centrism. I think he might just be bad at his job AND a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

And is any of this covered in the press? No, because it's "Sturgeon bad", in an attempt to assassinate her political career to derail independence.

Does the SNP have a plan for if she falls or is she going to do what the left in the rUK did when Corbyn got the boot? You know, just kind of fall down dead?

Also if she survives she knows she's gotta stick the knife in right?

edit: ok I guess what I should have asked was 'is she actually in any danger of getting the boot?' or is this just wishful thinking by the press?

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 3, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Rumda posted:

That is not a thing you get to decide

I don't need to activly look for it I've had enough of letting microaggressions slide people in this thread can and should do better.

Just like this avatar change seriously is that the best you can loving do?

Who the gently caress is tone deaf enough to buy that but reads this thread?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I love minecraft but I don't think i've played more than 5 minutes of it unmodded

I really like the forestry mod that everyone else seems to hate. Loved planting lots of trees and cultivating bees and getting hybrid trees from the pollination. Wish someone would just make a game about cultivating a nice forest tbh.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

wait buying a red text is bullying now lol

I mean if you do it to one person in order to make them miserable then yeah, it is.

The worst issue with the avatars is that someone with lots of disposable income will always win. You might say 'who cares' but red text does get peoples attention and you can put pretty nasty stuff in them or bring up things that cause obvious discomfort. Also just the fact that you no longer get to chose your own avatar is pretty nasty in its own right. It's a minor power dynamic but when its used against someone who doesn't deserve it, or worse, is actively vulnerable, it's pretty lovely.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I broadly agree but I do think, admittedly as a layman and not an expert, that some of this poo poo is indistinguishable from a psyop and will have much the same effect on ones psyche.

This poo poo is supposed to be actively demoralizing.

I think its become a particularly toxic time to deal with the culture war because of the state of the media. It won't be forever but in the present I feel that engaging with this poo poo is just a way to see how we are losing and have no way to fight back. Again I don't think this is forever but this is certainly a very low point for the left.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The times, at least I think it's the times, has a record for spinning everything around its financial worth. I mean our lovely society is always doing this but it usually hides it. Not the Times. Weren't they the ones that ran a story about how much will be saved now so many old people are dead?

I think they're just an honest representation of the neo-lib end goal.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Perfect Element posted:

I really feel like we're witnessing the death throes of boomerism and neoliberalism play out in front of us.

The way the press is ignoring the protests, the loving headline death threats against Harry and Meghan, its just all so febrile and mental, but all controlled by a dying media consumed primarily by people who are in their 60s or older.

Labour are haemorrhaging supporters because they have become the 'don't rock the boat' party, but eventually they or someone else will realise that they need the support of the next generation, who think that fascism and structural inequality are bad actually, and that will be the dominant philosophy.

So this descent into fascism we're experiencing now is a horrible, ugly spasm of a dying ideology, and it won't last.

We just have to hope it doesn't take too long, or claim too many victims before it ends.

(or all the above is bollocks, and we're all hosed)

I don't think it's 'bollocks' in that things are definitely falling apart, neoliberalism included, it's just there's not a lot to stop fascism filling the vacuum. Which was always the fear. Neo-liberalism was always said to be laying the foundation for a fascist uprising. One thing that may be in our favour is that political engagement in this country is so low, things kicking off may jolt nominally leftist but disengaged people into action. But we've sleptwalked into this poo poo so why not sleepwalk into worse.

kecske posted:

childhood books have taught me that the best way to defeat rats is lots of mice and other woodland creatures wearing tunics and/or jerkins

Kroxigors

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 14, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dead Goon posted:

Had my Astra Zeneca injection this morning.

It was alright.

Word of warning, it took about a day for side effects to appear. Got bad chills for about an hour then about two days of fatigue. It wasn't super bad but it came on very quickly. They say these common side effects are like 1 in 10 so you may or may not get them.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

was 3 days before pfizer side effects hit me suddenly in the middle of a saturday and they lasted near 2 weeks lol

Yours might actually protect you from the variants they’re going to get bored of containing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Wonder what the geographic allocation of the mRNA vaccines was. The evenness. And if AZ can’t keep up with the variants, how long before people have to pay to get working ones. Oh boy this could get so bad.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Isomermaid posted:

Reckon that's how it's going to go, more and more though. The next pandemic, climate change... these are the things that are going to take us down, we won't get to live out our last days dying comfortably of old age with a loved one in a cottage in the woods. Its not how it should be, but I feel like it's hopeless. No point saving for the future if you can't save the future.

So should we all just do ourselves in? If not why post this poo poo?

I see a lot of this type of posting but is it for anything other than trying to pass your misery on to others like trying to get rid of a curse?

If you're not planning to go down kicking and screaming you're the reason the left got utterly wrecked. Everyone loves the face to bloodshed meme but no one wants to live it. Endure, cowards.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Like everything facing society its just getting folded into the culture war so we can be split down the middle arguing about the most rudimentary or nonsensical elements of it

E that's why the cops did the big photoshoot defending Churchill so this can all become part of the pro or anti statue argument

Thing is why do the billionaires or whoever it is funding this culture war poo poo want this constant 50/50 split in society? It's untenable surely? It seems corrosive as gently caress and we'd have been in civil war at any other time in history. I have trouble understanding why anyone, even ultra-capitalists, would want this bullshit to carry on.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ash Crimson posted:

People probably thought I was being absurdly hyperbolic when I said the UK's approach to transitioning is to essentially force a trans person to desist or die waiting if they cannot afford private sector healthcare

Its increasingly clear that's the official plan.

Inaction/apathy is in itself an action; the vast majority of cis people simply don't give enough of a poo poo for this to change anytime soon , even if they hold positive, affirming views towards trans people.

It's not a new tactic. The idea for mentally ill people is to stop being mentally ill or die. Maybe it was the prototype for many types of NHS treatment going forward.

The bright side is this time it won't hurt.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Article by Diane Abbott on Labour abstaining on human rights issues (or, rather, Starmer insisting on abstentions.)

https://labourlist.org/2021/03/labour-needs-to-think-about-the-merit-of-any-legislation-not-the-red-wall/

Not sure the public is that horrified to be honest, not now the cops have hitched the vigil to the BLM, XR and anti-statues-of-appalling-racists/genocidists/slaver-protests.

The gammons are going to gammon but I don't think its healthy to assume the country is that bad tbh. It's pretty poo poo but hivemind of villainy just feels like we're trying to make ourselves out to be special. We're not unique, there's people with our politics everywhere. We know that if everyone voted this country would be very different. The bad guys are and will always be the loudest by virtue of them being the bad guys. They're extremely energised and want everyone to know their opinions. They want to dominate so they dominate the narrative and the airwaves.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

They did it, those bastards, they finally did it!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

IllusionistTrixie posted:

I don't know if I could even bring myself to vote Labour to "keep the tories out" these days. It almost feels like tacit approval and at least write in candidate, "none of these bastards" has a measure of catharsis.

Absolutely do not vote Labour.

We lose nothing by the Tories winning at this point in time.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

Segregationist car park guy.

The white zone is for short stay and fighting only.

haha Lord Adonis

CoolCab posted:

alright, on that topic, here's the other thing i wrote on it this week

and that's this thread! only surpassing our self contradiction with our self loathing. but we feel like we're together when we punish ourselves for it. i think about this story when i interact with this thread a lot.

Oh god :(

The only thing that that pissed me off about that who debacle is the mod who put the racism accusation into my rapsheet.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 16, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Well, a lot of black and brown-skinned people probably would be better off if whitey hadn't come along. But that's probably not what they meant.

They claimed to have autism and from their unique posting tone I believe it. It was a bit sad really. I hope he's doing better.

edit: To clarify I meant they were kinda weird about everything, not just race relations. I don't think he understood why everyone was aghast at his 'solution'.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 16, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
drat I guess everyone will have to use the really expensive American vaccines now. How fortunate for them.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Just some light bantz about abuse, deprivation and just trying to survive

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
*seat belt warning light begins to flash*

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
So, what's everyone's favorite crisp?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Who was that poster who wanted to fight in the car park behind ASDA.

Lord Adonis

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

That sounds like exactly the sort of behaviour I would expect from, like, basically all political parties tbh and just reinforces my dislike of the drat things. lovely people out for their own lovely enrichment or empowerment and trading off everyone else for credibility.

Appreciate you filling in the details Rumda cos that sounds shite and good to know I should keep them at arms length.

On one hand, yeah, don't touch them. On the other... well that's another party we can't vote for. I mean I can vote Plaid but they're never going to be able to achieve anything, they're useless.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I already said this is the real solution to the problems of the regions, just make the plane out of the black box everything London. Extend the Travelcard to zone 256, rename Cornwall West Uxbridge, teach Glaswegians to do the Lambeth Walk, you'll all have amazing public transport, terrifying pub prices, and surprisingly reasonable council tax in no time.

Everyone is now so poor that you can't even use the 'you need London' poo poo anymore. So you and London can gently caress off forever.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

https://twitter.com/MattHancock/status/1375538103667023872

Sorry, English folks, but I'm doing unilateral independence by going to the border with a shovel and just digging a big ditch to snap us off like a kitkat.

Only in this country would this not get ratio’d. What are our zoomers doing!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Still pretty sure Boris Johnson only stands out because he seems to actually want to have sex with adult, consenting human females, which is a rarity for the English

How is this country real, I thought Disney made it up for the movie with the foxes everyone wants to gently caress

Rude

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I assume ZG just hasn't been following tings since 2019 and so hasn't experienced the dawning horror of actually following what smithers has been up to

There's gonna be a lot of people like that I think who just sorta vaguely know him as boring but forensic from the telly

Last time they visited the thread they were openly trolling. I thought it out of character at the time but people took Corbyn losing pretty bad and I guess open contempt is his way. I kinda get it. The left rolled over and died that day. But giving in to the Labour right is not the answer. Voting for Keith ain’t gonna fix anything. Labour needs to die if anything is to be salvaged. We ARE in the Wilderness and for those of us outside Scotland there is not, currently, a path home.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 29, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Some of those points aren't completly stupid. It's just they didn't apply to Corbyn.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Please do not destroy Wales

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ms Adequate posted:

nothing good is ever going to happen, the world is going to mostly die and a few lucky ones will be enserfed to maintain the billionaire compounds, all that remains is to laugh at the maximum chaos that occurs on the way to oblivion.

Can't help but feel this kinda fatalism is why the left loses so much. What happened to fighting?

Also, the view that 99%-100% of the world is going to 'die' is not mainstream environmental science. It's gonna be bad but the venus scenario is not prominent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Lets give this report that says everything is fine, written in a time of rising fascism and culture war, the benefit of the doubt