Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

idiotsavant posted:

Reporting from battlegrounds to say that early-mid game Voljin is broken as gently caress when your 1/1 kitty cats turn into 2/4s and 3/3s for free and you can flip a turn 4 Tidecaller straight from the tavern into a 7/4 (or more!) with two buys and a swap. This meta is kinda busted so far

He's broken late game too, as evidenced by my 117/125 golden zap that deleted half my opponents board in the last match. He really removes the low Stat penalty for menagerie/battlecry/nomi builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
His videos typically lag ~a week due to an editing delay.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

The situation is definitely lovely, but in terms of American (and many other countries') culture, it's par for the course. I won't back out of my UiS preorder, yet, but won't pay any more unless at least a few of the instigators are sufficiently punished.

Hell, at a previous workplace, a massive Title IX investigation was basically covered up. Since it was a contracting branch of the state university system, I obtained the report through the FoIA and released it to the media causing lots of stirring, but while a few token people resigned, the main instigator is still there because he makes contracting money. Many people in general are just bad, so I won't condemn Blizzard IF they remediate properly and timely.

The lawsuit is a last step after years of warnings, the only step Blizzard has taken in that time was quietly firing Alex Afrasiabi last June. He was apparently the worst(even the other executives nicknamed his office the 'Cosby Suite') but the complaint alleges violations at every level of the company.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

gandlethorpe posted:

Being sued by a state seems like a pretty big deal. Has that ever happened to a gaming company before?

The city of LA sued Rockstar over the hot coffee stuff in GTA3. It was eventually settled like 7 years later in an agreement that entitled every one that was offended could claim $35.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally got Pretzel Mustard on the back of a Milhouse-> Golden Hogger, Golden Peggy build. Would have gotten spicy too if I didn't tie the first round.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe retool it a little? Make the summoned copy silenced, or give it rush and ot dies at end of turn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The cycle is BG gets its big patch about halfway through expansions so that theyvcan alternate the focus. The last BG update was the big minion revamp so I'd be surprised if too much was added, maybe a new tribe?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chernabog posted:

If they make it a 3/5 that's probably still very good without deleting the card. 4/4 would probably be too good still. Or just slap another mana into it but I don't think that's the way to go.

I feel like the stat line is fine, it's the mana cheat that's the problem. Just make the mana reduction work off either; other class cards currently in hand or cards added to your hand that didn't start in your deck.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lum_ posted:

- Tavish: his buddy (the crab) adds, eventually, double the value of the initial gunshot to its neighbors during combat. Which scales. So that combo is also very broken. (Bru'kan is easier to dominate the early game, though.)

Tavish is ridiculous if he can survive, I just lost to a ~3k life Tarecgosa because he had his crab buffing her and a gold tricky imp with a gold macaw and baron.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there some sort of bug with Tamsin's phylactery and the imp that shuffles in primes or casting phylactery twice?

I fired off two casts and got the envoy as the second death rattle but it never triggered.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I bet fire Mage gets some love, deathrattle Rogue/Hunter, weapon or rush warrior, zoo/token warlock, big/heal Paladin, burn/spell damage shaman, ramp/choose one Druid, Fel DH, priest who knows/cares

In the proper spirit of Warsong Valley Demon Hunter's are going to get a card that just stomps on everyone and makes it easy mode for them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well sometimes he's billed as Brian "that guy from the the reaction gif" Kibler.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

enki42 posted:

Unless they've changed something recently, you can also open them in the current expansion's packs.

Yeah, though at least for Onyxia, buying the set doesn't count for dupe protection. If you buy the set and then a few packs the new rares and epics is super hi to show up.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder, with the Reno tease, if the year isn't going to be themed around the Explorer's League hitting up the Elemental Lord's headquarters.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if we'll get a new Octosari that summons 4 'pair of tentacles' minions that draw 2 when each dies.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blasmeister posted:

Thinking more on it, Dredge seems kinda bad as a standalone card selection mechanic, as the 2nd dredge will presumably include the 2 cards you passed on already. Might be as bold as to say you'll only want it to enable the 'put an insane card on the bottom of your deck' cards. Makes me wonder how many Shuffle effects that see play are around as they might benefit from all this.

Yeah, I feel like it was designed to smooth out the rng of 'shuffle thuis into your deck' effects. Though it really should have a 'shuffle your deck' clause between the discover and putting the chosen card on top of your deck.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Two more Collosi

Gigafin
8 Mana Warlock Legendary
Colossal +1
Battlecry: Devour all enemy minions
Deathrattle: Spit them Out
7/4

Gigafin's Maw
Taunt
Deathrattle: permanently destroy all minions devoured by Gigafin
4/7

Colossal Mech (not real name)
8 mana Mage Mech
Colossal +2
Anytime a friendly Mech attacks deal 1 damage to all enemies
5/7

Drill Fists
Mech
Rush
2/3

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I feel like Hedra is going to be in that tier where everyone agrees there's potential, but no one can make it work until like 2 sets into next rotation.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Isn't Queen Aszhara a hero portrait? Aside from the 10 characters they introduced for last year I thought they didn't like doing that and it's why Illidan stopped being a card when Demon Hunter was added.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1506576293848047617

Getting Altruis vibes from this, might be a strong finisher for fel/spell DH

It's basically flamewaker but you can buff the damage in a class with a lot of cheap spells.

New Rogue legendary
Admiral Hooktusk
If you've summoned 8 other pirates plunder enemy:
Take their highest minion,
Take two cards from their hand or
Take 5 cards from their deck

8/8

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 23, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know battlegrounds largely runs off the same code and magnetized minions there trigger any 'when summoned' effects.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's just Honart Grapplehammer with a better statline. The dude barely saw play 6 years ago, they think it do so more now?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Best case I can think of is throw it on a smaller minion so they can't value trade into a taunt without blowing up their other stuff? Ot would be better as a warlock card that only hits an adjacent minion but chains like defile.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm not sure it's in the general quest package, because everyone was down on it when it was spoiled, but Dragonbane Shot does heavy lifting for me. No one seems to play around it and just dump their 2 health minions on the board.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Amoeba102 posted:

I haven't played with sound for years. Do silenced minions still make attack and death sounds?

Yes, there's even attack sounds for minions that never would've attacked without being silenced, like Ragnaros.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So if I don't hang out the weeklies tonight they won't do anything?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mayveena posted:

Even Kibler wouldn't pay it.

Dude's new girlfriend has got him big into Commander, he doesn't have nearly the money to throw around anymore.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got a golden Ambassador Faerlin. Getting any legendary I want is tempting, but so is having a bunch of golden Colossals in my deck.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
One I really enjoy this expansion is when someone drops Hydrolon, rushes with the two heads and then there's a moment of confusion and you see can them reading the card again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yestermoment posted:

Happened with Pirates, happened with Quillboar. I'm havin fun babiiii.

Happened with Elementals so bad nerfs to Lil Rag and Genie were rushed out in the first week.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

NorgLyle posted:

I know Nagas are broken right now in Battlegrounds, but even if they weren't I'm not sure how Queen Azshara's hero power wouldn't break them just by it's existence.

I dont know if it'll fix everything, but the 3 star siren that triggers every buff at end of turn needs to go. Breaks so much and turns off a lot of the decision making the tribe is supposed to be about.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I don’t think that’s as much of the issue as the interaction where the buffs that the 3* naga triggers activate the 6* naga that gives the permanent buffs

It also activates the 5* that also gives permanent buffs and the 6* that gives 1-2 free Naga and the Naga that buffs itself everytime a spell is cast. It also let's you drop buffs on the Naga that keeps them permanently without the downside of not using them on your other Naga and weakening your team. At the very least I think it should bump up to a 5* unit.

Theyre kind of a needle edge tribe where the space between useless and overpowered is too small.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think they forgot that Maestra didn't rotate.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe I'm being reactionary, but I feel like Naga have killed my interest in BGs for a while. I've played them a bit, tried a few variations, won a couple games. Now I'm kind of bored with them but at the same time they're still kind of a steamroller so not playing as them feels like a guaranteed 5th place.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Since Remornia's weapon isn't collectible it won't be available in The Juggernaught's pool, right?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RatHat posted:

Huh. This is pretty nuts in wild with Malchezar's Imp and discard synergy but it doesn't do much in standard.

Going to make fun Trolden videos with Tiny Knight of Evil

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Haha, Remornia+Reflecto+Charge is a three card OTK in wild.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got both bundles and got 9, without counting the 2 free from the small bundle that I didn't receive yet. Hit the pity counter twice and one of the legendaries was Murlock Holmes, don't you get a diamond version of him when you get the pass?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Beat a very confused druid by playing Alibi the turn before he dropped Brann and Denathrius. Then got to play my Brann and Kel'thuzud and blew up like 20 skeletons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen mor eWarlocks running Immolate. Seems a good counter to the big Infuse minions.