Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Im not very crazy about Lena's new VA but the ones for the Precinct squad are spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Once again, Kim manages to steal the show for me. So glad they got the original actor back and really gave him the means to shine.

Dr Christmas posted:

They kept the description of the scab leader’s voice as “oddly screechy for a big guy” but it doesn’t have that quality any more. Just kind of a big guy with some kind of accent I can’t place.

I do appreciate how the new actor makes more of an effort to distinguish between his asides to you and his performative slogans.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

edit: oh my god the tie

I think the tie is essentially what everyone imagined Electrochemistry would sound like.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 31, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

the world is spherical, because Joyce mentions things in low orbit. (I had exactly this question when I first had that conversation.) (e: also, as has been pointed out, of course the world is a giant ball - where else are the apes gonna duke it out?!) the Pale is... well, okay, fresh thread, I guess a spoiler is appropriate

honestly, you're not far off. the vast majority of Elysium is a white-gray nothingness that slowly drives people insane. "isolas" are its version of continents - islands of matter suspended in a Pale sea of not matter.

So it is a bunch of patches vaguely arranged like a ball. A DISCO ball if you will.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Negative. It is a disc.

As in DISCo. :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Doing a 1/1/5/5 fash cop run. Two observations:

1) It's kind of scary how much faster you progress through the game this way. I managed to get the body down (by shooting it), get in the harbor (stole the ID) and talked to Evrart and I'm hardly past half of day 1.
2) It's hilarious to hear Lenval Brown pronounce the umlauts that Endurance puts in his Fascism speech.
3) (Female Voice) REVACHOL FOREVER That kind of creeped me out.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 5, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Eeee thanks for that

But yeah, can we get this added to the OP, cause goddamn it's so good

I'm still surprised something I found on an absolute whim ended up so impactful.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

This playthrough I failed running away from Garte for the first time (for some reason I'd always succeeded the roll even with poo poo MOT scores). It is *majestic*.

This is the one check in the game that I pray fails every time I get it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Only thing I know about CohnCarnage is that he’s apparently high profile enough to have gotten a cameo in Cyberpunk2077.

Which I am sorry, but it doesn’t hold a candle to Jesse Cox’s.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

One real-life thing here that's relevant is that there are a lot of people who specifically do not have an "inner voice" when they think.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech

That is definitely one of the scariest concepts to me. I do know a few people who are EXTRAORDINARILY unreflective and seemingly unable to be alone. I can't help but wonder if they have this lack of inner voice.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

For people who internally vocalize everything, how do you actually keep up?

Do you end up just staring off into the middle distance in the middle of conversations like Harry does as you wait for your thoughts to finish saying their piece.

I don't know if anyone vocalizes everything. In conversations in particular I guess I instinctively think "faster" and less verbally. It's when I am by myself that my thoughts are more vocalized, which is why not having a voice in those circumstances frightens me. The silence would be terrifying. Those people I mentioned, besides never wanting to be alone are absolutely horrified by silence and demand that there always be a conversation or TV background noise going, hence my hypothesis.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Only rapper I have ever seen play video games was Snoop Dogg when he and a bunch of other celebs were inexplicably invited to play Battlefield 1 at E3. He was stoned off his rear end and kept running into a wall.

And even then he seemed more sober than Zac Efron and Jamie Foxx who acted like they didn’t even know where they were.

Terry Crews was the only person who looked like he wanted to be there.

It was a loving weird show.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I loving love this.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

I've turned Egghead into an ultra liberal and a communist, but I really do want to know what Hardcore centrism is like. I bet it's amazing.

INCREMENTAL PROGRESS! YEAAAAAAAAH!

Yes, that's the line.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Wanna see ol' Jeffy B in the chair talking to Evrart.

Bezos: "Wow, this guy is everything I always believed union leaders to be like"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

fun fact: megarich lightbending moneyman is voiced by the estonian moneyman who got their preliminary bucks and is now going around with

Not quite. Mega Rich Light-Bending Guy is presumably BASED on said moneyman (Margus Linnamäe) but he's voiced by someone else (Miro Kokenov)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm dead certain this will end up in development hell.

But until then

midnight lasagna posted:

Mr. Bezos is helping me fund my show.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

Completed the game again today. Either I forgot or I only just found it, but one of the characters quoting a communist marching song which is actually just "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next" by the Manics put a huge smile on my face. Something about the anachronistic references in this game just gets me good.

And despite it apparently being out of place it actually fits perfectly because 1) That song is actually about people volunteering to fight the fascists in the Spanish Civil War and 2) the song also includes the line "And on the streets tonight an old man plays/With newspaper clippings of his glory days" which works as a metaphor for Dros.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Kim is a moralist, but he's an *apolitical* moralist. He seems resigned to the big-picture/status-quo stuff, and wants to just do his best to help the people immediately in front of him. This is (imo) the most potent argument of the moralist against armchair communists, who may have grand ideals but doesn't actually do anything to improve the day-to-day material conditions of their fellow man. The Revolution and its aftermath have left him jaded to the claims of extremists, which given the state of Revachol, seems pretty fair.

The Sunday Friend, by contrast, is a *political* moralist, who actively seeks to solidify and expand the power of the moralist state, with all the exploitation and inequality that state supports.

The line from the opening of the moralist vision quest is haunting: "Then you haven't lived through real chaos." Kim has, and wants to help people without possibly setting the world on fire.

"Every school of thought and government has failed in this city — but I love it nonetheless. It belongs to me as much as it belongs to you."

That is one of my favorite Kim lines. It sums up his beliefs and attitude so well.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I meant as it relates to the moralism thought, the one where moralism is about control over yourself and the world around you.

Harry finally realizes that moralism isn't control, it's the opposite: powerlessness. It's looking up at those airships in the sky and rejecting the reality that they are completely out of your hands. Instead, it is the rationalization that whatever it is they are up to must be for the greater good and therefore everything is fine and going exactly as you want.

It's staring at the grapes and deciding that since you have to loving eat them no matter what they can't possibly be sour and actually you always wanted to eat them in the first place.

Everything this game says about moralism makes me feel so seen. It owns.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Steven Heck just might be what Harry would be like if he were a spy instead of a cop. Especially given the in-universe speculation that Heck isn't really a black-ops CIA agent but rather just some crazy guy who deluded himself into thinking he is and became REALLY good at it.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 25, 2022

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shame that the whole province is getting super racist:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/quebec-premier-adding-immigrants-who-do-not-speak-french-would-be-suicidal-2022-09-28/

To make matters far worse, Quebecois French is different enough from regular French that many native European French speakers end up failing the language test for permanent residency.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Deserter is especially cursed imo

I love how his uniform just straight up turns into something from Fire Emblem, lmao.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

YOUR BODY BETRAYS YOUR DEGENERACY

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Real talk: providing it wasn't THAT, everyone in this thread would watch the poo poo out of a DE anime, right? I definitely would.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I could never do a fascist playthrough because I don't want to make Kim mad at me :(

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I am not a Moralist. I am a Dolorean.

"Once we get to the End of History, you're going to see some serious poo poo"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Janissary Hop posted:

Harry's dream version of his ex flat out accuses him of talking to everyone in tedious lists so yes, probably.

That particular line depends on your signature skill.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Wasn't expecting this channel to mention DE:

https://youtu.be/mHy898sPQy4

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Janissary Hop posted:

The way he says "super" is so on point for a benelux bureaucrat that Sunday Friend has to be based on one or more real people

I always thought he kinda looks like Jean-Claude Juncker but with longer hair:

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I shudder to think what Practical Harry would be like