Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Mustached Demon posted:

The fact I had to go 'who the gently caress is dewine?' is all the proof I need he's going no where

Wow! President less-interesting Kasich!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

brugroffil posted:

Trump was also viewed as more moderate than the rest of the gop field in 2016. He kept promising things like cheap healthcare for all etc.

Not sure any of the other gop ghouls could pull that off in 2024.

Yea Trunp actually put forth policies intended to be improve the economic status of his frothing chud base (sure it was all bullshit but compare it to Ted Cruz who wouldn’t shut the gently caress up about how a trans person might use the stall next to you at an Applebee’s bathroom), now the GOP is running only giving white people an outlet to express their anger.

Which normally wouldn’t be enough to make any serious electoral gains but they can supplement it with some fresh hot voter suppression

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Aglet56 posted:

a lot of people in the mid-2010s predicted that nobody could be a politician in the age of social media because it'd be too easy to dig up old dirt on your Facebook wall, but it turned out to only apply to racist stuff, and even then not really

It feels like the opposite because everyone has at least 1 tweet or Facebook post they regret and hope everyone just forgot about it so you’re more likely to empathize

Like with job interviews,As more millennials get into positions of power they’re not going to disqualify a candidate cause they have a picture of them doing a keg stand 5 years ago

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Nonsense posted:

Rubio is running for re-election.

lol the same guy that threw a hissy fit about how the senate sucks in 2016 and ran for re-election when trump destroyed him in the primary

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Lord of Pie posted:

looking forward to the ads consisting of nothing but a loop of Chris Christie dumpstering his rear end at the debate

you mean the GOP primary ads?

cause the dems are gonna find some empty suit to run against him and lose...again

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ya know i used to at least give credit for destroying the Bush legacy but he couldnt even do that right

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Facebook and Twitter have absolutely no financial incentive to let trump back on.

Trumps one card was to threaten a rival service to siphon some chuds off the platform and his blog lasted what...2 months?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

dads friend steve posted:

it is literally impossible to say if trump will run in 24 because on the one hand he hates work and really just needs attention. on the other hand as becomes increasingly irrelevant his need for that fix could cause him to run again

my theory is he starts doing his old campaign style rallies, and real campaign metastasizes around him in the sloppiest way possible

maybe his plan is to stall all the tax cheat investigations against him for 4 years and then in 2025, oops, cant indict a sitting president! t

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Yossarian-22 posted:

I just want Jeb to run again so I can watch Trump slaughter him, again

Jeb may be a goober but he's not an idiot.

Even he knows he will never be president

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

FizFashizzle posted:

I think trump endorsing a toe tag in NC for senate is a sign that internal might be pretty weird there, especially since Lara Trump or Mark Meadows are both logical choices and neither wanted it.

very surprised that Lara Trump passed because that seat was basically hers if she wanted it.

but i guess she'd rather commit to full time grifting and that's understandable

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Abbot/Cawthorn 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCSKEM4-sO0

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Nonsense posted:

I really want 2023 to get here already so Donny can return already, I want to see him sweep the field, and anoint his VP in likely the most unique fashion in history.

More soon, I just really want JD Vance to eat complete and total poo poo. What a loser piece of poo poo for his observations tweet after Chauvin's sentencing.

Trump thread 2023 gonna be off the chain

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1408890675668602881
giving myself heatstroke so that i can express my undying gratitude to the pillow man

I don’t know what’s sadder, the people stoked to see crazy pillow man or the people stoked to see trump the loser

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

the only republicans in the house right now with enough name recognition among fox watchers to go anywhere running for president are greene, dan crenshaw, lauren boebert, and matt gaetz, in that order.

Dan Crenshaw is definitely eyeing a presidential run

Greene is certainly crazy enough to run for the GOP nomination but i dont think she has the charisma to go the distance

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I can’t get over the fact that Boebert is from Rifle, Colorado

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

trump's vp is going to be mypillow guy

There’s a lot of potential candidates but if I had to bet one today it would be Ivanka

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zeroisanumber posted:

Jr could easily run and win in some upstate New York hellhole district if he's actually interested but I think he's just a dilettante who enjoyed sycophants sucking up to him because his dad was president. When it comes down to it, he has the work ethic of a rich failson and would rather sit on his rear end and wait for Donnie to croak so he can knife his siblings over the money.

I’ve heard juniors name floated around for the open PA senate seat which I fully support if John fetterman would give him a swirlie during the debate

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zeroisanumber posted:

Depends on how incompetent the PA State GOP is but my guess is that there's some local psycho who's already got their eye on the run.

We’ve already got a few clowns throwing their hat in the ring for senate and governor. They’re both winnable races for the republicans but probably not by the ones that have declared.

Plus if Josh Shapiro declares (and crushes the primary with his bottomless sack of campaign money) as I expect he will, the dems will have strong candidates for both races.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Sir Tonk posted:

is the gop still doing winner take all primary races? thats going to keep things interesting if someone pulls out early

Iirc the gop has a mix of WTA, proportional states, some that award based on congressional district. It’s a total clusterfuck but less inherently rigged then the democratic version because the republicans don’t have super delegates

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
DeSantis is the best trump clone without going to far into the uncanny valley

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I really hope Desantis makes a cripple joke, and I honestly wouldn't put it past him

Governor Abbot just won’t stand up for conservative values the way i will

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Sir Tonk posted:

he sucks on the mic though, no one has trump's charisma

He's like the generic store brand cola to Trump's diet coke.

Sure he's not as good, but the chud's will keep drinking that garbage anyway

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Azathoth posted:

yeah not enough attention gets paid to this

there's been a steady shift of rich suburban voters over to the dems but the gop hasn't paid a real price for it yet, outside of losing the house. the dereg poo poo is basically primed to keep this group loyal and it really doesn't seem to be working

it's not hard to see that if the gop nominates someone other than trump in 2024 that even desantis doesn't bring back enough to avoid a loss on par with mccain in 2008

yea the suburbs are very reliably turning blue as the old guard GOP die off, and younger voters move out of cities. If republicans wanted to win back the suburbs they'd need to 1) support gun control and 2) turn the racism and bigotry dial back down to being more subtle

but they aren't willing to do that so they're relying on rural voters and peeling off just enough city and suburban chuds to let them win states with large population centers, and energizing fresh new chuds who maybe didn't vote except when trump was on the ballot

whether it will be enough for them in 22 and 24, who knows?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bleeding kansas posted:

i......disagree with those states trending red

especially wisconsin

PA registered like 5 times as many new republicans as democrats over the past few years. The GOP flipped 2 statewide races last year and the extremely popular AG only won by a few points against a complete nobody.

Democrats are in real trouble here but dems might get lucky cause the republicans running for gov/senate in 2022 are non-charismatic losers and/or lunatics

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

cumshitter posted:

a primary debate where everyone is trying to say they agree with trump the hardest

Literally they can’t even run, they have to take a backseat.

The only ones that can run against trump are your “moderate republicans” so if someone wants to take a stab at it and run as a mitt Romney or John Kasich type, we’ll just see how well that goes (they’ll get a quarter of the vote in a 2 way race if lucky)

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Also, whatever trump says until he filed the paperwork is bullshit because he will never explicitly say he’s not running until the day of the first primary

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, I more meant someone from that general mold of old-school big business guys who love Jesus and hate gay people because that was what they had to say to get those tax cuts through than actually Kasich himself, who is definitely radioactive to the GOP now.

I was trying to think of who fill the Kasich lane and yep, Larry Hogan.

He very much wants to be president but he probably should have ran in like 1992.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

there's is no way that DeSantis doesnt eventually roll over for trump LIKE A DOG!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...64wtUnWrGh-PC-I

quote:

South Dakota will be sending an additional 125 members of its National Guard to the border between the U.S. and Mexico to assist federal immigration authorities, its governor announced.

Gov. Kristi Noem (R) said the deployment will add to the 50 troops she announced late last month were being sent to the southwest border.

Lol these governors have to send their own troops a thousand miles away to build up some chud cred

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

also lol that the 2024 republican primary is so already over that it's pointless talking about it anymore in the thread for it and the more relevant thing is the 2028 dem primary

i wouldn't call it over and it's absolutely worth all the not-trumps trying to position themselves cause trump easily drop dead between now and the iowa caucus, or decide he'd rather spend 2023 and 24 grifting full time then run for president

but if he actually did declare then it's game over

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

there is still the wishy-washy "sensible" republicans like dewine!

You thought kashich was boring? wait till you get a load of Mike 2024!

Wow! President less-charismatic Kasich!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Fame Douglas posted:

Trump wasn't able to fill stadiums before the election, either. His events were looking pretty sparse.

a significant amount of chuds who would have jumped at the oppurtunity to see trump ramble on for an hour about Oprah or Rosie O Donnell weren’t stupid enough to go to a crowded stadium to see him pre-Covid vaccine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

they'll do something in arizona too.

i think the governorships of pennsylvania and wisconsin are up for election in 2022 and if the republicans win either of those they'll do some fuckery

Fortunately as of right now all the declared GOP candidates are losers

(In PA, dunno about Wisconsin)

The Nastier Nate has issued a correction as of 17:44 on Jul 20, 2021