Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lucinice posted:

Alright I've decided my first AoS army is going to be Tzeentch. I want to run some Chaos Warriors in it too but I wonder how that's going to work out will all the upcoming changes.

I doubt there would be a problem. Chaos Warriors have an ability that lets you declare them for a party up at God. Use that ability to declare them for Tzeentch and you can take them as battleline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SkyeAuroline posted:

I've been told AoS (or its attached RPGs) gives some actual depictions of the Chaos gods' positive aspects, in contrast to 40k. I don't play, so I don't know, but is that true and if so where do I go find it?

This was a thing in the early days of WHFB and it's kind of stuck for a few writers/fans since how things were when you started tends to crystallize a bit.

The idea was that since all magic stems from Chaos and gods are magic the various gods worshipped by man and elf were just different aspects of the big four. Khaine was an aspect of Khorne, The Lady in the Lake/Elven God of Magic was Tzeentch, Elven gods of healing and nature were Nurgle.

The end times book for elves gave it a little lip service but also said it wasn't all true since many Elven gods were ascendant heroes from the last cycle.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There used to be orks down with Khorne, the other orks just kind of rolled their eyes and put it down as youthful rebellion.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They re probably just listing the armies that didn't get a 2nd ed tome, which isn't a bad way to predict who'll get one in the next 18 months.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeah, this is it

Since its resin, do I need to wash the parts before painting?

And if they look that clean consider yourself lucky. I've bought three fine cast models and all three look like they were trapped in some resin spiderweb.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm Almost passive they've used that at for a cover within the last two years.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Talas posted:

The next White Dwarf has some updated rules for Seraphon, just like Sons of Behemat and Slaves to Darkness in the recent issues. And well, that's something that a lot of people are taking as a sign that their next battletomes are going to take a while to arrive:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/29/side-with-the-seraphon-and-reclaim-an-adepta-sororitas-sanctuary-in-white-dwarf-469/

Only make sense since they were among the latest battle tomes. They probably want to focus on the armies that didn't get a 2nd Ed battle tome and a few other old tomes that need a refresh.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Winklebottom posted:

“Looks like WoW” has become the go-to insult for fantasy-aesthetic-I-don’t-like in a lot of places. I’m guessing it’s because of the fantasy China thing, which was also the theme for a WoW expansion.

Looks like Warcraft is also the go to troll for GW stuff since the internet knows how much it riles people up.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Morathi also just lied out of her teeth and called it Khaine’s blood to make it acceptable for her followers to use.

I don’t think the Khornates would care too much about blood being taken from their territory. Blood is just something to be spilled, they don’t actually use the substance for anything in particular.

I don’t think Vampires unless they were very hungry and desperate would want to drink non fresh blood as well unless it was stored properly.

Khorne cares very much about stolen blood.

There was a bit in the old vampire army book about Vampires being the anathema to all the chaos gods. Khorne hates them because they drink the blood that is rightfully his, Tzeentch hates them because they are eternally unchanging, Nurgle hates them because they're immune to diseases and Slaanesh hates them because of the ennui.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

peer posted:

I'm so torn on these because I love the guy with two giant blades but the four-blade dudes look goofy as hell

Build them however you want, it's not like you'll ever actually field them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That seems likely, there were some really bad international shipping problems around the time particularly around paper products out of China.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

Auric Flamekeeper

Dude must be really proud of his rhomboids to have his cloak pointing them out for him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

The one with the whip is most likely DoK or maybe Malerion's lot of Shadow elves.

I wonder if the bloody hand focused on at the end is Malerion or a new Avatar for 40k.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I would've liked Ossiarch's to get a book sooner rather than later, but that's just because between them and GSC I have a tendency to choose armies whose key abilities get broken everything there's a new edition.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wasn't on the roadmap that extended to the fall so nothing soon.

Vvv oh, ok, I thought those were an updated 'generic' Order/Chaos tome not specific armies.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 21, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
But the bundle comes with a terrible curse.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Of course they do, they are mammals.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Feeple posted:

I'm trying to gather up the last bits for an Ossiarch army, but I can't seem to find Arkhan the Black anymore. What happened to him?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Deathlords-Mortarchs-Arkhan

Temporarily out of stock online

He was part of the start collecting skeleton horde box if you can find one

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Winklebottom posted:

man, those pants look a bit tight

That Dwarf is here to sell pro-pain and pro-pain accessories.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Marshall? Centaurian Alpha was right there!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if they're seeing some fatigue from these battle boxes, they've really been pushing then hard last year or two.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, the article says they're from a new elite unit that goes out to reclaim territory lost to Chaos/Destruction.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Talas posted:

Doesn't it end with the equinox of September 22nd or 23rd in the northern hemisphere?

Astrological summer does, Meteorological and Financial summer typically end on Aug 31st.

Problem with arbitrary seasonal markers is people are going to make their own to represent different things.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well more witch elves and khinerai are always good but the Warlocks are such a niche unit you would probably never run the additional 5.

Maybe the Warcry box would serve better? It's 10 witches and 5 melusai. The Melusai arches are the best non character unit in the army. I would go on ebay and see if you could get the Medusa by itself. It's a great caster and probably your best if you're not running Morathi.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe they'll use the opportunity to give us a more allogatory Krox.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

You can pick up the current box for as low as 165 on eBay : https://www.ebay.com/itm/4039249789...ABk9SR56-i7j4YA

It might be worth holding off and seeing how the new box does, because you can probably pick it up for less than 20% off if it doesn't sell well. I picked up the High Elf box for a really good deal because it was poorly priced and the model selection was not compelling for most collectors.

Also, if you are willing to make a large order right now, you can order from the UK as the pound is extremely weak. Even though shipping is a bit high, I was able to place an order for Mortarion, a Gravis Tank, and the Admech Flyer that was about 30% off MSRP after it was all said and done.

I did that for the DoK Christmas box a few years ago. Ended up paying $125 for it after shipping with the exchange rate and the outside of the UL tax GW does on their pricing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe Sylvaneth from Drycha's angry faction?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/07/treat-yourself-this-christmas-with-a-choice-of-seven-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battleforces/

The Christmas Battleforces have been revealed.
At least the AoS ones bother to include all of the factions. But feels like it's the second or third year in a row with a DoK one.

It feels that way because of how many times they've had codex releases but we haven't had a DoK Christmas box since 2018. I still have it on my shelf, it's almost the same box but it has two Khinerai instead of a Khinerai and Warlocks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Do those boxes usually end up on third party sites with the normal discount over MSRP? If so I might end up grabbing the Gloomspite one, planned on getting a couple Manglers anyway so I'd basically be getting some free squigs out of it.

They do, I bought the laat DoK box I mentioned from a British store. With the extra GW bakes into foreign prices and the strong dollar to pound I paid $130 after shipping.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Count Thrashula posted:

Is there a way other than eBay to get singles of big-unit models? This used Nighthaunt army I bought has 1-2 models missing from most of the units, so it's not worth buying a whole box to fill it out, because then I'm still in the same predicament.

Not really, your army isn't really 'missing' models, GW changed the unit sizes between building the sprues and sending the rules to the print shop so everyone had that issue.

The glaivestalkers at least have a cheap 5 model box.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

War and Pieces posted:

A vampire count would probably run a better county than a Britonian, if only to make sure his peasents are healthy enough to feed off of.

Depending on the time frame, in the Old World Sylanian people were generally a content lot, but that might've been more of the general stoicism of the real world source.

They did have little acts of rebellion. Like burying their dead upside down so they would dig in the wrong direction if they were ever raised by a necromancer.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If have to figure if grave guard were getting a refresh it would have been with the skeletons/zombie when Soulblights released

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Makes me wish they made a Gothic architecture packs when they put out those scenery bitz boxes a few years ago.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Someone said the starseer looks like he's checking his phone on the toilet and now I can't unsee it.

That's why he has to levitate the throne everywhere. He was sitting too long and now his legs are asleep.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

EdsTeioh posted:

In this case, I don't think stuff like Lady Annika and Radukar are going away. Grave Guard and Wight King though, *may* be a different story, but the one that really concerns me is the Terrorgeist/Zombie Dragon/Prince Vordrai kit since that's the only thing from the line that I don't own.

It's in the Flesheater Courts start collecting box which is still readily available and about $10 more than the Terrorgeist itself on Amazon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mors Rattus posted:

I’d love to see more support for skeletons as an archetype in general, currently there’s not a ton of reason to use them except for Legion of Blood a bit.

Bring zombies back to their terrifying level from 5th.

I played a slow growth league back with nothing but zombies, a Wight to lead them and a necromancer to summon more. Anytime the army expanded just piled in more zombies. Never won a round of combat but eventually broke and ate any unit they tried to tar pit it with.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If it actually becomes an issue it'll probably go down like it did for 40k where you could pay $15 on Thingiverse and get 40-50 little squares that increase the base by the 5mm.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You can, but they're not worth the cost in $ or points. Especially if you're just starting the faction.

Edit: the court that is, the normal units that come with it are good, especially if you can get for ~$100

If you haven't picked the vanguard yet check tos ee if your local store still has. Revenant Legion lying around. More expensive, around $200, but it's a better discount on what you'll get.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's an everything post. Magic runes from Fantasy over a star map from 40k. The red cloud is the warp rift that opened at the start of 8th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well at least they're make gobbapalooza easier to get. I swear 2/3 of the Gloomspite range has been temporarily unavailable since before the new army book dropped.