Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stereotype posted:

I didn’t even get to say bye to the old thread, just like how millions of people won’t be able to say bye to their dying oxygen deprived loved ones as they frantically try to find them an open hospital bed that doesn’t exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

meet girls at the store posted:

My office Open Bidened at 8:00 this morning with a celebratory staff breakfast. It’s now 11:39, somebody has tested positive, and they’re scrambling to do contact tracing for the breakfast party. Life comes at you fast.

god bless America

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jon Irenicus posted:

we don't post trump here. this is when we post "open Biden"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

This reminds me of the Ski Free yeti

Wearing a respirator is pressing F

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

Question for the thread: what're the best anti-covid filters for these

because it turns out I'll almost certainly need to travel in october, which will almost certainly be a shitshow, so I need to actually join Respirator Crew

anything p100 is good

you may want to spring for the more expensive hard cartridge version if you're worried about water (rain) being a possibility, otherwise the cheaper soft purple filters are totally fine as long as they're p100

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

god i loving love clone high

excellent work

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I'm sad that I can't share this with all my friends that like Clone High because I'd have to spend hours explaining the C-SPAM and D&D parts.

Just enjoy it on a level that only a few can appreciate

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao Tampa

lmao Florida

*chuckles* im in danger

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ammanas posted:

There will never be another lockdown in the United States.

Hell, there never WAS a proper lockdown in the United States

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stereotype posted:

i think the cold truth is that no one has a plan and millions of people are about to die

it's this

certain people in power have "plans" but none of them are actually worth a drat because they keep trying to negotiate with a loving virus

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

when in doubt, assume everything is much dumber than you think it could be

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

net work error posted:

Every now and then I remember when Trump got covid and what a good time we all had.

poo poo was so funny

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Real Mean Queen posted:

I was drunk on the street shouting the news at every stranger I saw, and everyone was delighted

him standing there, struggling to inhale, giving the double thumbs up

just pure gold in terms of content

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pardot posted:

not going to click that , but how the gently caress do you have both paranoia and complacency?

the article is mostly bitching about how some lady from America had to spend THREE WHOLE WEEKS in quarantine :ohdear:

how can Hong Kong possibly carry on like this

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

endless lmaos

time to ban the biden administration

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

why does the thread prefer moderna over pfizer? is it just because u want as much juice in you as possible? because if so i understand

moderna seems to rank highest whenever effectiveness studies come out

moderna army 4 lyfe

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i am harry posted:

third booster shots for everyone eh?

looks like the girls and boys of cspam were right again

lots of people focus on cspam being wrong about election predictions but its right about basically everything else

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

blind posting from 30 pages back, hopefully i haven't been beaten

:five:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Demilich posted:

I earnestly wish I understood the mindset that just refuses to accept they can't get 2 for $20 apps whenever they want.

How can it be that drat hard to just not eat out?

Look, I can only get UNLIMITED appetizers if I'm there in person, they obviously can't doordash me unlimited appetizers!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WaryWarren posted:

i'm the community case, ama

how many unlimited appetizers did you get?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

osprey posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1427709663236268036

as a floridian this just makes me crack and ping and laugh crazily

ok just for fun i'm gonna turn on the local 911 dispatch right now and see how long it takes for just my area (which does not include any big cities) to get to 5 covid or covid-like-symptoms calls

keep in mind these aren't cases, they're people desperately calling the emergency line for help because they can't loving breathe anymore or their heart is exploding

*bell ring*

12 minutes!

agreed, living in florida really changes your perspective on all this poo poo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

update for first attempt at a booster:

DENIED

filled out form, was getting processed and right before receiving the shot, the pharmacist revealed that she sleuthed out I had received two shots already.

she asked if I had any underlying health conditions and I pulled a clone high lmao

IM NOT IMMUNOCOMPROMISED!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Unless posted:

New Mexico is back to indoor mask mandate, August 20th to September 15th

Phew, thank god the virus stops on Sept 15th

And can't be spread outside at all

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Serf posted:

this is slander against mr. evrart, who is very nice and is helping me find my gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcM1kTZm-nM

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Serf posted:

no1curr

i just enjoy JK simmons and that clip i wasn't really making a correction

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol the state has failed and a loving sports franchise needs to step in and fill the gap.

Next step is ads:

Wanna be as tough as the Steel Curtain? Get vaxxed!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:perfect:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

so from my limited american perspective, it sounds like NSW is the florida analogue

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If Greg loving Abbott is lying to his constituents about the lethality of covid-19 while he secretly gets every kind of possible immunization known to man, you can assume that every single one of our leadership class is doing that.

There's nothing honorable or good about getting sick or dying for a lie when these vaccines have a definite shelf life and will likely be destroyed anyway.

it's more important to Follow The Rules than to live - liberals

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26 (apparently one or two are out of order. If someone can tell me which or I can upload them all somewhere, file names are the dates)
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

i was taking comfort because my county in florida wasn't as dark red as most of the others in these pictures

not anymore

lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

During the lull in cases it appears he thought everyone was crazy for wanting to be cautious and acted like a real rear end in a top hat about it and now it would be too embarrassing to have to admit he was wrong so he won't

lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuZzaVKmOs4

tl; dr the U.S. announcing booster doses for everyone is very bad news because it means the U.S. studies that will be coming out in a day or two will confirm the Israeli study that vaccine effectiveness wanes pretty fast

we're hosed

you're just now figuring out that we're hosed?

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

brugroffil posted:

This is my own dumb thought, but might this mean that Delta is going to make it pretty hard for any other variants to get a foothold given how highly infectious it is? Yeah maybe some new variant will be cooked up that's twice as deadly, but if Delta is outcompeting everything still, it'll never catch on.

Didn't we already see this happen with Ligma Lambda?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

IMO some of the neutralization studies of affinity matured antibodies suggest vaccine-induced sterilizing immunity might be possible. However some people in the previous thread got very salty when I made some posts to that effect and I am a factual idiot so who knows.

One thing I'm wondering is why are coronavirus antibodies so short lived? People are immune to measles forever but apparently we'll need a COVID booster shot every six eight months? Seems weird.

Measles isn't mutating all the time for one thing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

as fast as florida can build new tent hospital spaces they're filling them to new record numbers

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/451370-florida-hospitals-report-another-record-high-level-of-covid-19-hospitalizations/

36% of all hospital patients and 55% of all ICU patients are covid in florida :stare:

Schnorkles posted:

*chuckles*

I'm in danger

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

just imaging ur avatar sitting at the computer staring at story after story about Florida

Fairly accurate tbh

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

They tell me I'm immune now! I feel so powerful!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BOGO LOAD posted:

I looked at Florida on Worldometer. Are they just not reporting deaths anymore? Positivity rates go up up up but deaths just completely drop off.

I know what my heart is telling me. Confirmation would be nice.

deaths are a lagging indicator, a thing we must constantly relearn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

Yeah, the thing is, I was diagnosed with heart failure a few weeks before I turned 32. So, my medical bills have been pretty big (last I checked, my insurance company had paid out around $300k, under great protest), and my insurance company has been fighting me every step of the way, even when it costs them more in the end because I refused to give up fighting them on poo poo.

Anyway, there's a chance I could need a transplant at some point. If my insurance company thought there was even a chance that I'm immunocompromised, I have no doubt that they'd be doing their best to get me kicked off the transplant list.

then go the Max Titers route and claim it's your first jab. Copy the info onto your real vax card with your name on it if you need to