Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

can we get the old covid thread linked in the op? it's a historical document.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

the OP primarily needs to be clean, direct answers to the same half dozen (good and right) questions that are asked every page

yeah, with the spreadsheet link too

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

guys, guys. the cdc said that wasn't necessary. trust the science.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

fosborb posted:

the NYTimes piece

lol I'm just going to assume this is the biden admin overriding the CDC because that's funniest

heh, this graph is what scared them.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Lovelyn posted:

Horrifying work story about proning:

We have 5 patients on proning rotations on the floor today. Our proning schedule is 16 hours proned, 8 hours supined/side-lying. I was helping the team when one shared a story about a patient who was proned and was lying on his dick. It went ischemic (lost blood flow) and he had 2/3 of his dick and his nuts amputated. Helluva thing to wake up to after being sedated for days/weeks.

Six inches forward and five inches back
I got a—
I got an angry inch
Six inches forward and five inches back
I got a—
I got an angry inch

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

surprised those schools are even bothering with quarantine.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i just got a text for the census covid survey.

https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/demo/technical-documentation/hhp/Phase_3-2_Household_Pulse_Survey_FINAL_English_SKIPS_081821.pdf

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

etalian posted:

Yeah like Publix and other places will be boxing up their surplus to ship overseas.

pretty much using the doses the anti-vaxxers didn't want

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Kreeblah posted:

I've been thinking about buying one of those shirts anyway, but the text on the back actually did push me over. It's gonna be fun to see what kind of looks I get from people while wearing that with my respirator.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

McNugget Buddy posted:

Goon yesterday with an uncle at Nintendo (I'll try and find the post) said mRNA vaccines damage the immune system of young kids

Extending the trial is an admittance of failure while they try and game the numbers

If that's true and millions of kids get the shot off-label - who's responsible when they all effectively have AIDS and aren't able to fight off infection for the rest of their lives?

this study in infant rhesus macaques didn't mention anything like that as a risk factor.

SARS-CoV-2 vaccines elicit durable immune responses in infant rhesus macaques

https://immunology.sciencemag.org/content/6/60/eabj3684

"We demonstrated that infant RMs mount strong and durable responses to mRNA-LNP and protein-based SARS-CoV-2 vaccines that were comparable to adults without adverse reactions. These promising results endorse clinical translation of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines to early-life populations. Even when most adults and adolescents have been vaccinated and herd immunity is achieved, globally about 140 million infants are born each year (71), and they will be naïve and susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 once passively transferred maternal Abs wane. Being cautiously optimistic, a multivalent SARS-CoV-2 vaccine effective against major circulating viral variants appears feasible and could become part of the standard pediatric vaccine program."

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

my brother just called the vaccine, slut juice. thank you cspam.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

mod sassinator posted:

just cracked 1000 deaths on worldo without even florida reporting anything lol

lol, 8 deaths today, 200 others spread over the previous week.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Nodelphi posted:

Had an incident with an anti-masker spitting on us on Monday so that’s probably my exposure unfortunately.

jfc

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

we are going camping on Orcas in late September and it's going to own bones

late september and early october are the best times on the oregon and washington coasts

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

fosborb posted:

Prof Riley is, I poo poo you not, a veterinarian

one health, baby! not condoning her beliefs, but she works with malaria where people dying commonly of infectious diseases is a way of life.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

yikes, 90k cases for a saturday with 30 states not reporting.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

Maine, Washington, Alabama biggest changes I see

my little orange county in oregon is still holding the line

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Casey Finnigan posted:

why does the ruling class think that allowing all US hospitals to fill up and allowing the US healthcare system to collapse is going to work out better for them in the long run? It doesn't seem like there's any reason why that would be the case. Am I just dumb? Why not avoid total collapse of the healthcare system instead?

number doesn't seem to be affected by it so far

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

text editor posted:

yeah what is this poo poo I had this too

location of memory b cells confirmed!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

The Nastier Nate posted:

I consider myself something of a horse paste sommelier and I recommend pairing the apple flavor with a white zin

this happened with the bleach drinking last year, but it's vexing that people think they can prevent covid by taking whatever poison one time and be good. looks like ivermectin has a half-life of 18 hours.

if people are serious about preventing covid, they would have to take the poison repeatedly.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

the nanobots have been here the whole time!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

triple sulk posted:

PA is the last bastion of American Freedom

thank god. my brother's wife just had a kid. get in and get out!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

my friend sent me that atlantic piece, and the whole thing is predicated on reinfections being less severe lmao

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Hollismason posted:

What does endemic COVID mean?

it's just a cold, bro

"Still, these colds are not completely benign; one of the common-cold coronaviruses has caused deadly outbreaks in nursing homes before. "

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

breathe deep, let the virus fill your lungs. maybe i'll see you on the other side.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Tzen posted:

lol barely any masks on anyone

edit storytime snipe
went and did a running race event yesterday
starting line and finishing line packed with hundreds
all huffin and puffin, no masks or lovely bandanas only to be seen
also lol at the mass amounts of babies & toddlers within the crowd
i really asked a lot of my kf94 yesterday
hope i don't die
:theroni:

i have been feeling pretty good running lately and thought it would be fun to do another race before winter, and when i was browsing races, i was like, "wait, do you want delta?"

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

noooo! my county finally fell to the surrounding reds.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

euphronius posted:

Pennsylvania still has its finger in the dike

lawrence popping hot north of my family in beaver.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

so you can just sit in a tub of pfcs and breathe through your butt if you wanted to?

for your butt, just take it in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XS9_KwGVg

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

what kind of sick gently caress names a county "Yamhill"

Yamhelas Indian Tribe, part of the Kalapooian family

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

so missouri kicked off the delta wave and might be coming back down now, but its deaths have been flat, while arkansas has been a disaster. reporting shenanigans?

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lmao that they took Cummo's fake Emmy away

sex pest even during his briefings

"A former state Health Department official said that prior to a briefing on March 17, 2020, Cuomo made sexual innuendos to her while she was attempting to prepare him to receive an on-camera Covid test. And during the event, Cuomo commented on the personal protective equipment she was wearing, telling her “you make that gown look good.”

The woman told investigators that she found the comments offensive and believed Cuomo would not have treated a man the same way."

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

sheep getting drenched look so cute:

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

mmm...bots. horse stomach if you can stomach it:

papa horny michael posted:

Wasn't there a thing with people intentionally going on vacations to africa to infect their feet and legs with, like, guinea worms to fight off other health issues they had

it was hookworms. guinea worms were almost eradicated (filter out water fleas from drinking water), but then they found them in the local dog population, whoops!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Google Butt posted:

ivermectin rules

it was a thing briefly and then seemed to disappear, but it came ROARING back!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Greg Legg posted:

My friend who doesn't want the vaccine is now concerned with ADE. I remember it being mentioned earlier in the thread (I think yesterday) but is there any information I may have missed? I'm not going to bother sharing it with him just for my own information.

short answer is that dengue is the classic example but it has tropism mainly for immune cells, while covid does not.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Tzen posted:

brb gonna move to Wheeler

wheeler is appropriately desolate

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Agean90 posted:

kinda hope that was his intestinal lining, if he's 280 with tape worms imagine how huge he'll get without em

good news! ivermectin doesn't kill tapeworms.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

blessed to see it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm not too familiar with biology so like... how? How can you have oxygen deprivation significant enough to damage your brain permanently but not have any outward signs that doctors notice? Like how can you be brain damaged but not cause outward symptoms that would necessitate a trip to the hospital or be measurable?

there was that video of the virus eating bat neurons for breakfast, and olfactory neuron death has been observed too. the virus itself killing neurons here and there will have subtle effects.