Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

Is it worth it to go back and play the previous Witcher games before 3? I have all of them but 1 and maybe 2 to a certain extent seem super primitive now.

how high is your jank acceptance threshold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

Realizing monsters in horror movies are no more threatening than a person with a gun ruined horror movies for me

I'd be afraid of a person with a gun

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There is no game called Death Stranding

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Is the new Pathfinder game any good?
I thought the first one was decent but had way too many obscure mechanics.could have been great if the decreased the scope of the game and focused on making it more coherent.

It is better than Kingmaker but it's very Pathfinder 1e, with all the mechanical baggage that entails.

There's a big bunch of difficulty options and respeccing though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Willo567 posted:

what is this supposed to be

the future of video games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sorry nintendo is going to continue releasing $40 games for $60

yeah and i'll buy them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't bring myself to care about the matrix

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

"i dont care" i post, my hands and fingers full of care that i am channeling into the keyboard "i promise i do. not. care." i struggle futilely as the care creeps up my chest and neck, paralyzing me.

yeah exactly, please send help

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Had the exact same feeling when I got mine and changed the refresh rate.

...I had to put it back to 60hz due to both being really weird, and a fear it would burn my PC. Which seeing all the games lately that will burn your GPU without frame caps was a good idea. At least the bigger screen size is great for coding.

Running your desktop at 144hz is not going to "burn your pc". Those games maxed out GPUs because they had the menus running at thousands of frames per second (and running your GPU at 100% is also safe).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

people always freak out about that in dishonored but, is it really punishment? for one you gotta kill an absolute assload of people to get on the high chaos route in the first place and, the last level on the high chaos route is more fun anyway

People don't know how much they can kill beforehand though and it has a bunch of story implications if you do do it. Generally people don't want an ending to a game where everything sucks and everyone is miserable when a better one exist.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

it tells you which route you're on though after every mission

When you are playing for the first time you do not know if being occasionally high chaos is going to effect things later

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Calling it a punishment is a bit whack to me, its really a reward since you can play it again on the other path

Very few people go through a game multiple times

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

genshin finally getting some beef

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

every year is a great video game year

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

unfortunately 13 sentinels doesn't exist for me since it's only on ps4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

wtf I thought the whole point of D&D was the character playing aspect - didn't know folk treated it like warhammer and dryly kept trying to roll sixes to mathematically win

There are bunch of tabletop rpgs that have very fun tactical combat and have that as the focus but the current edition edition of D&D is definitely not one of those

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

god of war is ok

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what is happening

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

the worst thing of all is how some posters pretend they don't dislike me. "ha ha, what, i'm just posting here!" it's totally OK to dislike me, i dislike some posters too. the difference is that i just literally don't ever reply to them or whatever, i don't antagonize them.

and Stux, you're a smart guy. you KNOW you're antagonizing me at this point. i would just like to know why you don't consider just ignoring me instead of poking at me every, literally every chance you get.

Just ignore stux if his posting bothers you

like 700 other people already do lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

i'm staying out of it... not gonna argue... staying out of it......... people are allowed to be wrong..............

they are not

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

teh average ff7 liker being instantly repelled by characters that arent robots (also why they will stan persona 3) and a combat system thats fun

what game are you describing

it's certainly not p4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

mad?? going to cry about it??

yes

you happy now? :(