Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

LifeLynx posted:

Oh drat, welcome back! I hope I get to catch one of your Cat Car blink deck streams.

if you think anyone with that AV isn't awesome I can't help you, welcome back Rinski!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

kalvanoo posted:

that card looks like barfed up dog craps

You're a loving poet and I love This bc where is the lie? "Draw Rudy but more like a pudgy hobbit"

This is your friendly reminder that if you think you are going to be in on the scam but you don't know exactly the mark is going to be, it's you!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Isn't this dude a shithead and a sexpest?

Rudy is a confirmed shithead but this is the first I'm hearing he is a sex pest but I also 100% believe this already

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

little munchkin posted:

please don't engage in a game of telephone that results in finding a man guilty of sex crimes

Lol wut?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Isn't this dude a shithead and a sexpest?

You better get reciepts quick!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Silhouette posted:

The Professor is the one mtg personality who is 1000% neither a sex pest nor a grifter

It's this or I'm going to live in a crack in the Blarney stone bc I can't take this world anymore

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Didn't JA turn out to be like 100 a year or something obscene?

I'm about to buy in bc I'm a level 0 by virtue of working at an LGS and I like money so I will let you know but the last I heard it's $130 for the shiny prizes in addition to the unwarranted knighting over the airwaves

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

whydirt posted:

has no one told fadam that they’re a villain in an anime?

I'm super disappointed that Fadam is who the GCI assigned to me but wygd?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

Also give that transwoman who scares off the park pervert husband a card

Do it D&D style and give cards abilities like "The filthiest" and "chicken fucker" and I'm 100% in on the John Waters collection. We only do 3 things in Maryland: Crab cakes, football, and filth!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

I love you, we could prob do a whole John Waters cube TBH. I will do a talking virgin Mary statue from pecker artifact and a kill spell "convicted of assholism" to start brb

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

born on a buy you posted:

Hell yeah finally got one

If anyone else wants one I have on FT and I used to work in an ABA program if anyone has any questions (spoiler: it's abusive)

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I have no idea what that sentence means

Put in another quarter and try again?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

fadam posted:

According to Lore Professionals the two characters on one card is probably whoever is getting married, Thalia and Odric (this would be sick but I’m hoping for sexy vampire Thalia personally) or Alena and Halana, a pair of “sister” on two cards I’d never seen or heard of before. It could also be Gitrog and Craterhoof.

Are we calling the new power couple Giterhoof or Craterog?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

I will not rest until they are named "Halana and Alena, They Fuckin~"

You all are going to feel silly when they preview "finger blast" and "wrist deep" and nothing is left to the imagination

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I’m sorry about Yawgmouth. 37 is bullshit.

JFC, Home boy was 37? That is some grade A VX platinum pro ruby crystal edition bullshit.

Yawg was always a cool person and I'm going to miss their posts and not just bc they were better at magic than me.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Man I wish MTGO's interface looked nicer. I'm trying to watch some boros burn matches to prepare for going to my LGS next week but I'm spoiled by Arena's interface making everything look nice and easy to figure out what's going on lol

Best I can usually find is searching youtube for the deck name sorted by most recent and then filter out the no name videos. That being said I'm pretty sure Jeff Hoogland has the most up to date play through a modern league so it's going to be difficult to watch on several levels. I just finished burn to get into modern night at my store a few weeks ago and am in the same spot

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:cheerdoge: :shibe: Good luck! Have you played it yet?

No! I'm in school full time and I'm still not the best student so I'm super busy but I'm cised to play over break now and for Xmas.

I'm really looking forward to it BC modern and legacy nights are the only ultra competitive nights and I want to practice for larger events

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I know they're called "eternal" formats but the alternative is that the meta stays stagnant and never changes which is boring imo

When it happens slowly it's awesome, the problem players are having now is that it's a deluge of cards every year and that's not counting modern horizons sets that are absolutely causing a rotation like effect in that it shakes up the format totally with too much regularity

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Sickening posted:

Trust in psully.

And watch those videos bc they are def worth your time

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

I'm really cised your pet deck went T1 wild. Such a great feeling and the only thing close is the joy of beating Johnny come lately's who picked up the deck because it's the current new hotness. You are such a fun person to have in here, couldn't have happened to a nicer wizard poker player

Sinteres posted:

I was excited about Innistrad Double Feature, and sad that every indication so far is that it won't be on Arena, but 1. the greyscale art kinda looks like poo poo imo, and 2. it's the laziest implementation possible.

https://twitter.com/ghirapurigears/status/1460768816703574016

I hope the price on these boxes go into the toilet so I can pick one up on the cheap for a fun werewolves/vampire draft some time later

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Maybe this will be the thing that finally gets AOC into MTG.

If anyone ever fucks w/ you the way you thought I was loving with you let me know bc I will fight them IRL

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

I've got a misprint (registration error) 3rd edition earthbind that I'm thinking of trading to the local misprint guy at my shop but I have no idea how to value the card other than I know perverts love it. Anybody know where I can get a dollar value for something like this? Is there a going rate for a deviance tax? I'm also trying to dump the rest of my misfits and errors, if anyone is interested I can put them up on SA mart

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

The World Inferno posted:

Went to buy a draft booster box of Crimson Vow and my LGS was selling it for $140. Is that actually what they're selling for now generally? Online I'm seeing it closer to a hundred.

The LGS I work at has them for $110 and we got plenty, in fact it's the only product we didn't get limited on for crimson vow that isn't commander decks due to supply chain issues. We were told that eventually Wotc would catch up and have everything available normally later but pre-release/release was going to be less than what we were used to being able to get. $100 is the "no rent no lights no doors" price for cave toads with Pitney Bowes machines and I happily paid the $10 or $20 for set booster boxes when I was a customer to help chip in to keep the lights on and the doors open.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

ShaneB posted:

Lmgtfy

https://my.cfbevents.com/event/165/schedule

Also I'm here and playing in the double up and stuck here until like 6 so come find me. Look at the dive down Twitter to see what I look like.

Are you the white guy in basketball shorts and a T-shirt with the backwards baseball hat?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

People getting covid is going to be a normal part of human existence from now until the end of time, regardless of how many people are vaccinated. Eventually the collective internet will stop using it as an opportunity to score some sick dunk points.

Then why don't you go live in a hole with your unstoppable friends, covid 19, polio and consumption you giant doughnut...

If you want lifelong symptoms like broken dick and cardiovascular issues wooly for you, but you don't get to casually contribute to the spread of bad takes AND preventable disease and not get roasted you mouth breather JFC

flatluigi posted:

oh yeah i'm unfortunately aware it's not a new thing in general, i mean it more as 'this thread is usually fairly bad but this is new depths'

I live in a state with 50 percent vac rates and I have decided that bc loving short bus ppl like Paul can't get their poo poo together I'm not going out in public until there is a treatment, so thanks for contributing to that Paul, you unbelievably ignorant and callous gently caress face

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 25, 2021

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Im too drunk to correct that post, apologies to lone goat

Good for you!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Eej is a pharmacist and they're giving perspective on something they might've had to personally give out to people, log off, and chill

Could we do 100% less of this in the future, while I don't think Eej is the antivax Jesus come to peach the plague gospel they are saying some massively ignorant things and tone policing our gays certainly isn't going to help.

Frankly I find the idea of what you "meant" to say being sacred or even important laughable at best. Words mean things and if you don't want people to treat you like an dickhead stop talking like one. That being said ppl still need to stop jumping up each other's assholes every time someone speaks unclearly on something, there is nothing gained from skipping the "plz carify" step and moving straight to "ur a hitler" FFS

Protip: Fadam doesn't say "speak on that" because he thinks you have something to add to the conversation they are giving ppl enough rope to hang themselves with, just do that and we can all just laugh at them when the double down. There is no booster box prize on new years for sickest/wokest burn in the MTG thread this year just chill

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I love to Aether vial

There is nothing more savagely deranged than a man in the throes of an ether binge. And they call it a binge for a reason, I lost a whole day once to a water cooler sized jug of ether and an old T-shirt

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Grifter posted:

We should have more football posts in the this thread but for each one you have to provide a magic simile.

No the gently caress we shouldn't.

Personally I would rather hear Buzkashi scores/highlights because at least that could be interesting on some level

I have a hard enough time pretending to care at family gatherings I'm def not doing it here

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also not everyone is american here

Well I am and that means I get every crazy whim catered to immediately!

Seriously though, this is my happy place with a minimum of sportsball chat. I get that sports are a thing and my dream is impossible but after a page or two I'm going to get cranky about it because unlike the rest of sports balls fandom I can't bore you or make you all uncomfortable with MTG chat

Silhouette posted:

Put Petal, Preordain, Priest of Titania, Ash Barrens and the Urza lands in the rare slot for all I care, just give us a mass market meaningful reprint of the drat things.

Is ash barrens expensive again already? I second this but please add ashes to ashes and more REB/BEB type cards as well.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 11, 2022

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

This is such a logical leap lol

Let's hear the case for appropriation as displayed by a DJ depicted in a neon dynasty card then

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Adun posted:

I think the goal is to have a big enough collection for kitchen table play, especially in a few years when my kids are old enough to be interested with the added benefit of being able to potentially play some formats that aren’t on Arena when in person play becomes more of a thing again. At the moment starting from a base of zero cards so just wondering where to start with that in mind.

If I wanted to buy singles is there a goon approved place to do so? And if I wanted to just preorder a box of boosters from upcoming sets what’s the best place to do that? At a local store?

If money is burning a hole in your pocket the enemy fetchlands are at an all time low at the moment (as cheap as they are going to get when everyone knows they are great) and are never wrong to own. If you want more than that you can always buy stuff from recent ish masters sets, mtgogoldfish has price histories and they have most popular cards by format listed. Just buy cards in the trough and rinse/repeat for the next two years. I don't recommend buying boosters of standard sets for modern, so few cards usually make the grade it's not a good value to just crack standard boxes.

You should buy from your local game store unless they suck, don't buy from amazon/ebay and if your LGS is trash or out of a single Tcgplayer.com is a good place to go and most ppls yard stick for trading values to boot.

If you want to crack packs its modern horizons 2 right now but MH1 also has some great hits and is usually slightly less than mh2 price wise

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

kalel posted:

luckily, I have a modest proposal for how to fix the child gambling issue

If those 7 year old coal miners want to spend their weeks wages on heroin and booster packs who am I to try and stop them?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Dysgenesis posted:

Ya and not had any issues. Quality control seems better than it was a few years ago.

KMC never had a QC issues all they have had are "Bezos is a mercenary fuckface who doesnt care if you buy inferior bootleg poo poo off his site" and "nobody in certain countries cares about fugazis" issues.

The only problems they have had since then is supply but who hasn't in the last year?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Cactrot posted:

I haven't played pauper in a long time, but when I did tron needed a ban back then and probably does more now.

Whatever happened to Hellsau? He used to post about pauper tron all the time.

Afaik he stopped reporting in after the fourth transmission in a row was "Esper Tron still broken AF" but still played because they were raking the tix in

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I appreciate your concern.

So the brain worms haven't taken everything from you yet, that's nice I guess

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

I thought it was obvious that Cannonneer would be good in Legacy/Vintage and also is it a problem? Maybe if the meta becomes entirely 8cast for whatever reason but I don't think a giant beater with no evasion pushes it over the top.

Where are you going to find 5-6 mana to interact with it in legacy/vintage? I love the card but pretending it doesn't functionally have hexproof is how we got here in the first place

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I feel like I'm going to have to skip the professors videos for the next 6 weeks if he's going to spend a third of the run time hawking his kickstarter.

Are you from some kind of Amish community that doesn't have any kind of advertising or self promotion? It's been 2 or 3 days since his box was announced and it's kind of the culmination of all the product reviews he has done over the years as well as the original topic of his videos at the channels inception. He should be excited and talking about it often and at length.

Frankly though, I'm not a fan of the super slow roll out. Seeing the outside of the box without any details of the "super exclusive" features yesterday is just another layer of wet blanket over a product I want to be excited for despite not being the target audience whatsoever

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yup.

Edit: Probably a less impressive preview take than my contrarian Invoke Calamity is good actually one, which has also been borne out.

Idk about the regular version but the showcase wandering emperor was losing a couple dollars a week from $75 until it jumped to $100 this weekend. I wonder if it was a buyout or just people realizing there are only so many collectors boxes available until they aren't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Does anyone in this thread draft on MTGO? Was wondering about the economics of it given how short supply is for a lot of cards

It's just like drafting in arena but from inside a jar of honey and you should be aware of the rares/mythics that cost 4x what they do in paper