Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

therobit posted:

Jesus Christ I’m surrounded by assholes.

We all feel that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Also for stupid cat chat my fiancee's cat is incapable of cleaning herself properly and instead "grooms" by absolutely soaking herself in her own spit to the point where we've both said "Link why are you soaking wet" on more than occasion within recent memory. She also can't figure out doors consistently and likes to get behind the door in an attempt to leave a room.

Ah, not too many vases around the house huh?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have never seen the phrase "don't treat me like a child/dog" uttered by a person who has done anything to warrant being treated like an adult.

I'm aware there's plenty of scenarios where it is a valid complaint, but it only ever seems to be said by manchildren.

Now that I think about it I've only heard it said to me when I was saying something to the tune of "I get you're unreliable but could you at least stop lying?".

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Dr. Stab posted:

Autistic child abuse dad seems to really hate Rust for some reason. Also, in the comments, he hates C compilers. He just really hates programming.

It's also a tried and true abuse tactic. Treat your kid like poo poo, watch them have a meltdown, and then use that as an excuse to abuse them further. Works really good on disabled kids because then you have a bunch of people patting you on the back for doing the hard work of raising a disabled kid.

The autistic child abuse dad also seems to think computers emit some kind of Harm Rays. Narrows it down to troll or extremely stupid.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Agents are GO! posted:

"r/relationships'); DROP TABLE Threads;--"

Oh, ye of small imagination.

Think unicode. Now think FYAD gaining the ability to drop threads with titles made with unicode onto the other forums.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

CannonFodder posted:

For a short time in 2003 or so there was a FYAD 2.0 that had HTML enabled from within posts. This ended shortly after someone proved they could set up a hidden script that found the username and password of anyone who loaded the page.

:kiss:

The script being able to figure out the password is just that extra magic touch we've grown so used to.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

rotinaj posted:

Op needs a whole lot of therapy immediately

Nah. The mom is constantly trying to insert herself into the OP's life despite a clear message of "stay gone", and the cousins were leaking information for over a decade. That's a hell of a betrayal.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The sanctioned action is to :sever:.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
My brain immediately went to Silver's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4zwIGF0mFQ

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
True power move: Eggman's theme from Sonic Rush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlCK5RWO54E

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DoctorWhat posted:

I guessed this too. Or something off Black Knight's extended soundtrack.

Also the OP elaborated and it's Knight of the Wind, Live And Learn, and His World (and a bunch of even lamer ones).

Cancel the wedding, guy's lame!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

kalel posted:

please stop posting Sonic music, the psychic damage is overwhelming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fil5000 posted:

It's nice that Pete continues to thrive.

I really wouldn't call this guy a Pete based on the rest of his comments.

This was a bullet dodged, but not for the dude.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Parsley posted:

Mistake was thinking anything would be too weird for a tripe enjoyer

It's pretty much just goons.

Goons are too weird.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Brawnfire posted:

Well la-de-da miss or mister long-term-thinking over here

Hey now.

They could be neither.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I hope there's an update when they realize UHT milk is poo poo.

UHT milk is fine if you don't mind it being sweet.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Uncle Enzo posted:

Tact is a skill and it's one this dad has neglected to teach. Kid needs to learn how and when to be blunt. Honesty is a positive trait but that has to be balanced vs upsetting people for no reason.

This is something I had to learn myself. I use a set of metrics like:
-Does my opinion actually matter to the person I'm taking to?
-Does the thing in question actually matter? Are there actual consequences on the line?
-If they get upset at my opinion will I want to try and take it back? Is my opinion important enough to upset people over?
-Is there anything that can be done one way or another?
-Would I feel better having shared my honest opinion, or would I feel better from having backed people up and supported them?
-Is there an obvious truth that is being intentionally overlooked out of politeness?

Someone shows you their newborn baby. There were complications and it's seriously kind of messed-up looking. Should you be honest?

No
You liking the baby's appearance or not is irrelevant, it's not even your baby
Nobody had or has any control over how the baby looks, and if they did, this was probably the best they could do
Are you a pediatric plastic surgeon? No? You can't help, shut up
The parents know the baby looks funny no one gains anything by you saying it
You could have backed up your friends and made them feel a tiny bit better about a bad situation but instead you upset them, for no benefit to anyone

This is utter incoherent nonsense and it should be taught to nobody. If you follow a flowchart like this, you will come across like you're following a flowchart.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA For not punishing my autistic son when he asks people if they want him lie?

And just in case it wasn't clear: Tact is the wrong move here. Like it almost always is, but that'll get super deep in the weeds of how social hierarchies work, so I shall pass.

The name's ridiculous, and the kid's being set up to do a power play between the parents, as can be seen from the brother's insistence on punishment.

You're going to ask an autistic kid a question like that? You're looking to get offended and will find a reason. Morton's fork, all options end up at "how horrible YOUR child is".

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There can be overlap. Unfortunately common for autistic people- especially men- to be sheltered and never taught basic things or healthy habits. Combine autism with ADHD and frequent resulting trauma for some real fun times!

* Fun times may be gross or just overwhelmingly sad instead.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
r/relationships: I'm pro-wife and I have nothing against books.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Mx. posted:

AITA for taking my oldest son out of my will and putting in my niece?

throw the wife out, throw the sons out, you're going to need to start over

You know, there's the recurring concept of a father starting over with a new family because the old one turned out lovely.

This is the one time I'd approve.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Now vitriol, that we have in very large quantities.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm very uncomfortable with the direction this thread is going

Eh it's always been shitposting.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Leaving aside the whole "age disproportion :sever: this instant" you cannot fix somebody else's weight. Boyfriend has decided that he's not going to obey his doctor's advice, time to drop it. And him.

Whining about "bad foods" when the problem looks a fuckload more like mental health is so 22y dumb. The 41y dating a 22y can't be surprised she's a child though. It's such a firm ESH it's impressive.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It doesn't look like mental health, it looks like "I know I need to do stuff, but effort, so you make me do it but I'll blame you for nagging." Which is a common enough pattern.

That kind of bouncing around? That ain't right. It needs a doctor to manage it, not someone 22y and well out of their depth. Especially not with ideas that misguided about weight loss and health.

And the 22y stressing out that badly over someone else's health and making long term plans like they have speaks volumes, but it's entirely in semaphore.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DemoneeHo posted:

OP says he is Finnish and thats what they call pain management

It's very much not.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

8one6 posted:

Get hosed tantrum lady. Lost your (probably well below market rate) childcare because someone brushed the dogs hair.

I am instantly wondering about the odds of the lady having autism herself.

The massive tantrum over a nonsense trigger that breaks routine does hint at it pretty badly.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DemoneeHo posted:

MIL just called my kid the K slur (Jewish). Boyfriend insists she said 'tyke'. I know what I heard.

UPDATE: MIL just called my kid the K slur (Jewish). Boyfriend insists she said 'tyke'. I know what I heard.

I feel like this line from OP in the comments is killer:

"Neither the warmth nor the depth" is a common response in Britain.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Guarantee they put him through ABA. Acid vats aren't enough punishment for that.

So many subtle details revealing "this is just plain child abuse, the mother should be in jail".

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

teen witch posted:

I learned Swedish at 25-26, though immersion and free classes helped immensely. Might start Finnish with my partner soon

Älä vaa. Me postataa päin persettä jok'ikine, ja sulla ny ei oo hyvät lähtökohdat muutekaa. Naurat kohta niin huonoille vitseille että minkään keskustelun tasottamine tulee mahrottomaks.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

My understanding is that it’s generally not possible to have a perfect accent unless you learn a language very young or spend an incredible portion of your life totally immersed though.

Around 80% of Finns can't get the accent working perfectly, the rules are incredibly complicated and arcane.

The people who can (hi!) meanwhile tend to just shitpost about it being completely loving meaningless unless you want to be a snob, and concentrate on getting the rules wrong in sbuttle ways.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Waci posted:

Ite postaan vakaumuksellisesti vain ja ainoastaan ulospäin perseestä, suosittelen lämpimästi harkitsemaan samaa :smug:

Boring-rear end prude, you.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah that's not normal people behavior. Even if you have serious, well founded grievances against someone, you don't do that

So I wouldn't be surprised if there is no basis in reality

In Europe, this is very normal.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

tired gay and dead posted:

I do kinda feel bad for the dudes who are obviously on the autism spectrum and have no idea so they just end up not understanding why everyone is always mad at them all the time.

Knowing why everyone is always mad at you does not mean they stop being mad at you.

It does, however, improve your ability to mock 'em.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my friend it's a red flag because of how long she's been single for?

Finnish men do not give a poo poo about whatever this weirdo thinks. Anya's current attitude fits the city fine.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm trying to simultaneously occupy the mindset of "you need to keep dating" and the mental space a Finn exists in, and I can't fit them together.

You were focusing on doing something useful instead of trying to date? You prefer to date friends over using dating apps or something?

All of that is fine as long as you're not a teetotaler or something.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Boba Pearl posted:

That was supposed to be in the PYF Comics thread, I have no idea why I have such a hard time navigating the forums.

All possible threads converge upon the ultimate thread over time. It's easy to get them confused since no thread can resist entropy.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

nashona posted:

no one's mocking it. it's just horrifying and misogynistic.

Have to say, this is a very good argument for not posting stories like this.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Today I Found Out that I've never grown past 7 years old. :ohdear:

That thing is so wrong and dated I think the author is one step away from screaming how left-handed people are scary and evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

pentyne posted:

Date Requirements

- must wash rear end
- must do chores
- must not have physical deformity

pick one.

Hey now, I wash my rear end and do chores.

... but I'm not looking for anyone new to date right now.